Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,681 members, 7,813,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? (67553 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 06, 2020
For me I feel staying in love is so much more difficult than falling in love....Every reasonable opinions counts.

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SmellingAnus(m): 2:04am On Mar 06, 2020
Staying faithful ...

328 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by tripplephi: 2:15am On Mar 06, 2020
Well, I do not know what you mean by LOVE in your own language, BUT LET ME BE BRUTALLY HONEST....

The dreadful part where ALL BUTTERFLIES HAVE EITHER DIED OR FLOWN AWAY and HORNnINESS is now a memory AND THE PRESENCE of your spouse feels like a burden cos singleness become so so attractive again like a LIFE GOAL, yet you have to just KEEP FAKING IT AND DOING EVERYTHING when you know it is no longer how it felt like in the beginning.

its Haaaarrrd

715 Likes 60 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by zed7: 2:25am On Mar 06, 2020
Successful marriages are successful because one or both parties put sentiments aside. Marry whom you like, not necessarily love. Don't go for beauty or shape or wealth, go for compatibility, similar values, one whom you know will give you peace and you're good to go.
However a man or woman has to like his or her spouse. Having the best partner in the world without being attracted to them will not work.
As for the question, the hardest part of marriage is staying faithful for most men and remaining submissive for most women, especially this generation of women. It's not easy to be earning your own income and not be forced to disregard or challenge your husband from time to time.

351 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Tomide007: 2:39am On Mar 06, 2020
Marriage is friendship between two individuals that are attracted to each other. The moment singles begin to think that way, you'll enjoy ur marriage...or what do u think married people do? They talk. Cose at a stage, you will be used to ur spouses fine face that it will become normal to you. The backside and front side won't freak u again, the breast may have fallen sef. Sex when ure 50 is going to be very rare. If you guys aren't friends, you're in for boredom......

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 06, 2020
Learning to work things out, together. Problems and challenges are inevitable in marriages. Working it out, together, is the real deal. And sacrifice, too

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:
Marriage is friendship between two individuals that are attracted to each other. The moment singles begin to think that way, you'll enjoy ur marriage...or what do u think married people do? They talk. Cose at a stage, you will be used to ur spouses fine face that it will become normal to you. The backside and front side won't freak u again, the breast may have fallen sef. Sex when ure 50 is going to be very rare. If you guys aren't friends, you're in for boredom......
I understand what you are saying, companionship and compatible make marriage life fulfilled.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Davash222(m): 4:11am On Mar 06, 2020
This your relationship with Funmisticqueen don dey enter your head small small. Please if you want to marry her, marry her! Stop asking silly questions about marriage every time.

This institution called marriage has been in existence before you and funmi were born and there's no handout for it. Unless you're looking for unnecessary excuses not to marry her.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 06, 2020
Davash222:
This your relationship with Funmisticqueen don dey enter your head small small. Please if you want to marry her, marry her! Stop asking silly questions about marriage every time.

This institution called marriage has been in existence before you and funmi were born and there's no handout for it. Unless you're looking for unnecessary excuses not to marry her.
. Don't derail the thread,if your IQ is not mature enough to handle intelligent conversation,it's not a must to comment.You never get my attention again on this thread.

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Davash222(m): 4:33am On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Don't derail the thread,if your IQ is not mature enough to handle intelligent conversation,it's not a must to comment.You never get my attention again on this thread.
See what Funmi settled for

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 06, 2020
Davash222:

See what Funmi settled for

Are you any better? Is funmisticqueen any better herself? Seeing how you both go about talking recklessly on this forum, you both are no different.

Its obvious the gentle man is already tired and the mere thoughts of marriage with her is giving him the chills cos hes probably seen some red flags that the lady may not have what it takes to keep a man longer in marriage hence the question. And what he needs now is sincere advice and contributions before he makes the mistake of his life.
From what I've read here, that lady is toxic! Jokes apart. Forget the initial niceties. When ladies need something, they act all nice especially if they see their mates getting married and they are being left behind. But once in, they reveal their true self.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Well...I'm not married but I'll say...the hardest part is having to wake up everyday of your life to the same face which tends to become boring. Now no matter the initial butterflies in your belly thing, you'll get bored at some point and the only thing that can keep you going is your commitment to be with them and the fear of God. If you lack this two virtues, there's going to be a big problem especially if you are the type that likes meeting new people.

Another part it gets hard is where the niti gritty of marriage hits you. Like taking care of the responsibiity of the home especially the financial aspect. In fact before you know it, you'll wear out to the point you won't even remember how you guys started. This is not to scare you but its a fact I've seen in many homes that has made me begin to plan my marriage life in a way I won't have to be totally caught up in that hard part. Hmm....let me just stop here.

Please on a more serious note, if you must marry, prepare your mind to face these things otherwise you'll freak out before it even begins. Or stay away from it.
I have seen a lot of marriages and I wonder what happened to the initial " I love yous" and all that. Though still learning.

Dem say, nor be eye wen person take do girlfriend and boyfriend na him dem dey take do marriage ooo.

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by 9japride(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2020
The most important thing is to just marry someone who's your type and one you are free to be yourself without feeling bad about your personality. Most people these days marry because of selfish reasons and they think the other partner will change; Person way don dey use to a way of life since childhood, na eh one change over night? It doesn't happen like that

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by vickydankal(f): 7:05am On Mar 06, 2020
Forgiveness and patience

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Lamanii22(f): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Staying faithful.... I respect my mom on that part... She's so faithful to my dad, truss me some other women would have left since or cheated.. I wanna be like her...

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by tobidipity(m): 7:23am On Mar 06, 2020
Lamanii22:
Staying faithful.... I respect my mom on that part... She's so faithful to my dad, truss me some other women would have left since or cheated.. I wanna be like her...

I love this

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by bigpicture001: 7:24am On Mar 06, 2020
Financial compatibility....

This does not mean being rich by the guy,instead it means being able to share na be of help financially in marriage..,.

Women are non not to be supportive in this aspect nd that see it as their right....

This is a silent home breaker especially for the middle income spouses.

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D- day..but still fell short of 95k cuz there was complication of deliverering that no one expected.....

While he run from pillar to post to his friends seeking a soft loan pending wen he is paid..the wife still held at the hospital sent her younger sis,who stays with them to secretly go to the house go nd to her matrimonial room nd collect the 65k sh kept in her bag b4 d hubby mistakenly sees it

Unfortunately for her the hubby went home nd met his teenage in law with 65k cash....sh TLD him her elder sis instruction....

He was shocked...nd told the gal to go ahead nd deposit d money to d wife's bank as sh was instructed by her. He continued his nuzzle nd two days later he got them out of the hospital paying 126k additional from the first delivery cost...

Sh came back home nd can't look him in the eyes...quarell after quarelk ensued DT led to divorce exactly one month later....

Gals of this days are too stingy nd mny of them take d Character into marriages.....never ever Marry a lady DT will not b supportive..as a guy,u can't solve all them financial problems in marriage...

This is a big p,no one talks abt

265 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Lamanii22(f): 7:29am On Mar 06, 2020
tobidipity:

I love this

Awwwwn... Thank you...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
I understand what you are saying, companionship and compatible make marriage life fulfilled.
There's no two compatible people anywhere on earth

10 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by tobidipity(m): 8:22am On Mar 06, 2020
Lamanii22:

Awwwwn... Thank you...
Dude 'Awwwwn' happens to be one of my mumu buttons. Can U bake me a bread?

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 06, 2020
zed7:
Successful marriages are successful because one or both parties put sentiments aside. Marry whom you like, not necessarily love. Don't go for beauty or shape or wealth, go for compatibility, similar values, one whom you know will give you peace and you're good to go.
However a man or woman has to like his or her spouse. Having the best partner in the world without being attracted to them will not work.
As for the question, the hardest part of marriage is staying faithful for most men and remaining submissive for most women, especially this generation of women. It's not easy to be earning your own income and not be forced to disregard or challenge your husband from time to time.
. I am happy we still have reasonable and knowledgeable men and women on nairaland, your advice are full of wisdom which singles can learn a thing or two. I don't have an issue in my relationship, rather I am enjoying it. My lady is amazing person. Thread like this is an eye opener. God bless every family that build on morals and values.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by millionboi2: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
So many,but thy will neva say it

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by OgbanjeProphet: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
After experiencing different kinds of cunts and preaks before marriage, guy man or guy woman go come settle for only one for life.

I am not married yet, but I am sure it can be frustrating wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by MZrapper(f): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
And they attached Tonto Dike and his Ex's picture. grin grin grin grin grin

What a thread.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by A305: 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
* The Sex (Mismatch libido)

* Not giving each other space (Don't come near me, cuddle, grope me or touch me all the time. I need some (me time) alone, I have been alone before you showed up in my life - the alone craving is still there sometimes.

* Silence (sometimes, I need silence to concentrate and think about next business deal, bills, our family affairs, my out family and relatives and NO wiffy, i'm not ignoring you, I just need silence)

* Women always getting emotional to make logic seem invalid and then emotionally blackmailing their spouse.

* Men inability to flee from free sex.

*Men inability to satisfy their wife. (Always thinking banging her hard is what she want NOT knowing climax is what she needs - Also not paying attention to her sexaul need.)

*Women ranging hormone/mood swings (please women; learn to always deal and communicate with your spouse when your hormone begins to determine your mood such as; Ovulation, menstruation, financially broke, insecurity, sex starved, Pregnancy, Post - pregnancy, Stress, Depression and anxiety.)

*Lack of communication from both end.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Architectben34(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Never been married

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by NOL2dworld(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hey
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Candycrushy(f): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
I cant say for the hard part of it ...i believe only on the good side of it which is when you get married to your best friend, everything easily flows...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Sabicleaners: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
That love is not enough for a marriage to last.
That wedding day and marriage are not the same, you will find that out yourself after everyone has finished eating on top your head and gone to their house. smiley

Contact Sabicleaners this weekend, let's take the stress of cleaning from you at a token fee. A trial will convince you!
Do you want Sabicleaners impeccable cleaning service to reflect in your school, office, newly constructed houses, estates properties and facilities.
Check my sig.

10 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by henrygale(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Living together and waking up to seeing eachother for the rest of their lives grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Flier: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
SmellingAnus:
Staying faithful ...

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Beautiful Dwarf With Her Kids And Her Twin Sister (Photos) / I Got Pregnant Without Sexual Intercourse, Woman Tells Court In Kwara / Whatsapp Exposes Zimbabwean Man's Affair With Wife’s Much Younger Sister (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.