Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. (32938 Views)

Man '3quate' Killed In Abuja After Being Accused Wrongly Of Stealing A Phone / Husband Reportedly Beat Wife To Death Over Loaf Of Bread In Anambra / Woman Stealing A Bag At RCCG Church In Lagos Caught (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ufotunang: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2023
Nawaoooo...see what Tinubu renewed shege has caused 🙄
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ufotunang: 11:19am On Jul 23, 2023
OkayDaddy:
People are suffering.
m.abi...see what Tinubu renewed shege has caused
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ufotunang: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2023
GboyegaD:
Ah! I am short of words. Whatever his reasons are, he still wouldn't be justified. I pray he heals fast and Good meets his needs.
...abi see what Tinubu renewed shege has caused
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ufotunang: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2023
GboyegaD:
Ah! I am short of words. Whatever his reasons are, he still wouldn't be justified. I pray he heals fast and Good meets his needs.
...abi ...see what Tinubu renewed shege has caused
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by mosaicafrique: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Thank God he wasn't killed
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by naijainform: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2023
Where is he from? Because the people that voted this evil party will suffer
ahnie:
A man man was caught on CCTV camera this morning stealing a jumbo loaf of bread, which I believe he wants to feed his family with.

He was thoroughly beaten and disgraced,they had to call his wife to witness the show of shame.

Some people said,he has been caught several times in the act.that he's a kleptomaniac.

I feel instead of going thru that channel of lifting the loaf of bread, he should have simply asked for help from friends n relatives.

I believed they would have come thru For him, and he has a respected aura.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2023
Nazgul:

If a family member calls me and requests for financial assistance and it's within my ability, I'll assist, if he calls me after some weeks or months to request again, I'll still give, if he calls the 3rd time, regardless of whatever it is he's going through, once I pick the phone and hear it's money, I'll just end the call.

There's a limit to which one can request for financial assistance from friends and relatives. Once you exceed that limit, they'll ghost you and ignore your calls.

This is why this election was very important cos it was meant to fix a lot of wrongs in this country, but people tribalized it and we're worse than how we were.

As for the married man, he has 2 functioning hands and legs, why can't he use them to work. Why steal?

Lol....food would have been falling from heaven by now. grin
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Cation(m): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2023
Negative coping strategy due to household food insecurity. Obtaining food in a culturally unacceptable way.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Kobojunkie: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2023
tollyboy5:
â–  That was the handiwork of bloggers. The boy was not 7 and it was not garri that was involved. They attacked and stabbed a pregnant woman to hijack her load. Lets get our fact right.
Where is the correction you wrote of this 2016 story abeg? undecided

So the boys attacked a woman and that somehow that provides justification for the mob that murdered them in cold blood? That is what I am talking about. Nigerians are just too.... lipsrsealed
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ChristianMuslim: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2023
Firstly.. He shouldnt have steal.. he should have begged..
Secondly.. When they caught him with bread, they should have just let him go or even give him more, or find a way of helping him so that he wont repeat same again..
Thirdly.. Those of you saying all sorts of trash on him, what about you? Are you perfect?
Anybody can be in trouble, anybody can be stranded.. even the rich becomes poor again.. and problem no dey finish
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Seylad2009(m): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
ahnie:
A man man was caught on CCTV camera this morning stealing a jumbo loaf of bread, which I believe he wants to feed his family with.

He was thoroughly beaten and disgraced,they had to call his wife to witness the show of shame.

Some people said,he has been caught several times in the act.that he's a kleptomaniac.

I feel instead of going thru that channel of lifting the loaf of bread, he should have simply asked for help from friends n relatives.

What he did was shameful but who are the friends or relatives that is ready to help when his alive except to contribute money for his burial.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Lookingback: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2023
ahnie:

T
Did this happen in ASB?
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by BlackyOne: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Opanka44:

Pls help me, I'm in this mess right now

How do you mean? You're free to DM if you don't want to share here.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ahnie: 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lookingback:

T
Did this happen in ASB?
Plenty signboard okpanam road
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Lukss: 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
endsarrrs:
undecided
People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving. Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by ViceGovernor: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
My opinion on this kind of situations remain the same.
If a man steals food to eat because he is hungry he should never be beaten.
People should have a conscience and fear God it is written in his word in Proverbs 6:30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steal To satisfy his soul when he is hungry
There is nothing hunger cannot push somebody to do.
When hunger hits anybody will abandon his principle just like rats jump out of a sinking ship

It is my earnest prayer on this Sunday that we and our loved ones will never experience hunger
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by PeggySandas(f): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
ahnie:

No source. No pictures. undecided
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Wizpa(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
ahnie:

Post has no reference, No pictures
You posted this Just to shame men,

hope you got the attention you deserve? undecided
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Abemy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2023
I feel instead of going thru that channel of lifting the loaf of bread, "he should have simply asked for help from friends n relatives"

[color=#990000][/color]

But for how long will they keep helping him?
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
Must be a ronu who voted for Tinubu, una never chi chom chin grin grin grin
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by balher(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Stealing just one Bread doesn't affect the owner's net profits, as he has enough to feed his family. The owner still make profits.

Puss360:

That business he is stealing from is owned by someone who is also married, trying to sell those goods to feed their family....
So that's not an excuse
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Edusouls(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nazgul:

If a family member calls me and requests for financial assistance and it's within my ability, I'll assist, if he calls me after some weeks or months to request again, I'll still give, if he calls the 3rd time, regardless of whatever it is he's going through, once I pick the phone and hear it's money, I'll just end the call.

There's a limit to which one can request for financial assistance from friends and relatives. Once you exceed that limit, they'll ghost you and ignore your calls.

This is why this election was very important cos it was meant to fix a lot of wrongs in this country, but people tribalized it and we're worse than how we were.

As for the married man, he has 2 functioning hands and legs, why can't he use them to work. Why steal?
work what? Which job Dey country, nahh?
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by worksmart(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
I think given the chance the majority of Nigerians could act dishonestly and take what doesn't belong to them, yet when a thief is caught majority of Nigerians would be reasonably content to allow that thief to be beaten to death. In essence it is seems getting caught would appear to be the crime in itself for Nigerians. *smh*
endsarrrs:
undecided

Those people that beat the man might be bigger theives on the loose...
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by vincentbravo(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
Fake News.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Originalsly: 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
Jman06:

I believe nobody should be beaten over food theft in this economy, instead they should be made to do an amount of work commensurate to the cost of the food item either for the owner or for another person who will eventually pay for the stolen food item.

As long as it is food that is just enough to feed the thief or the family, there should be some leniency. If the person steals large quantity of food or other items with the intention of selling for money, he/she can then be treated like a criminal.

People are going through a lot and hunger bad

So you're endorsing stealing of food. If you are hungry.... go and steal food... use your brain power to steal ... not to find a way to earn money to buy food ... or do work in exchange for food ... steal. After stealing food .... what next? This is how we start creating monsters and don't even know.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by lahry(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
I pray to God to always give Me the grace to always be a helping hand no matter how small to my fellow human. It is crazy outside people including me are suffering.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by lahry(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
People commenting that he should have begged, if he asked or begged you,, would you have helped him out??
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by LockDown69(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
Someone should please pay for that man's bread, biko! grin
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by Decarbonisation: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nawa ooo!

Ilu le, ara nni awon eniyan, wahala ma be sile lai pe yi ooo! embarassed
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by lildonn222: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ladies and gentlemen! Say''Hello'' to renewed shege.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by NaBanga: 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
In situations like this, the wife and husband should be taught to make bread. It wouldn't be too hard to get the ingredients, no matter how poor they are. Beating someone for this is barbaric.
Re: A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. by descarado: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Menclothing:
He has being doing it for long according to your write up ma thief they should jail him

Lazy thief
In sane countries, govt make provisions for people like this.
In schools where I am, when you meet certain criteria, your kids are qualified for free school food.
You go to food bank. Food companies are mandated to donate before it spoils. Even little kids in school has specific days they donate for such families eg money, shoes and clothes.
People and govt will never allow a hungry man to steal unless the person is a thief and we always know the diff.
What is your politician doing?
Handing you peanut to sing his praises. Moving in convoy.

A parliamentarian here enters commute by train to go to plenary most of the time. We pay billions to ours to sit outside their jumbo salary.

When we discuss humanity, we are at the lowest of the ladder.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Drowns Inside A Pond While Taking His Bath In Kano / 15 Fulani Herdsmen Killed In Zamfara State (Graphic Photos) / I Killed My Husband With N40 Rat Poison – 15-year-old Girl Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.