Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? (594 Views)

How Much Do You Really Value Your Privacy? / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? / Why Do Parent Value Marriage Than Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by nkemjacob2(m): 6:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Let me share few stories
A lady and I were having a conversation. We citing an example of Ned and Regina Daniel case; she jumped into conclusion that she also will do the same if she has opportunity. She said she won't marry for love but will be comfortable if a man who is wealthy can pay her bills. shocked

I was speaking with my others guys and I one of them told me. He is not ready to marry/settle down he would just pregnant a lady foot the bills of the girl and the baby then he is achieved.

I don't want to emphasize more on the countless failed marriages we are having in our society.

Do people value d importance of marriage these days
Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Uchefame(m): 7:18am On Jul 23, 2023
The Nigeria economy has changed a lot of people mentality towards marriage.

People now get involved in any marriage or relationship that will favour them.

Love is no longer what attracts many to their spouses rather materials and financial benefits has become paramount in marital consideration.

4 Likes

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Timoleon(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2023
The question you should ask yourself is, what is the importance of marriage? The examples you put up there at not bizarre examples as whatever ‘importance’ you ascribe to marriage can still be achieved within those circumstances.

For the lady, people have often married for financial convenience wether expressly stated or not. In fact, it is the best way to enjoy a marriage. Too many times, when there’s no money in a marriage, it results in resentments. So for her to seek stability even before going in is very vital.

For the guys who aren’t interested in a ‘marriage’ , what they really aren’t interested in is a wedding. A reasonable man who wants to tow this path will at the least do it with someone likes and cares about that he can at least be proud to say ‘that’s the mother of my children ‘. He will want to do it with someone who’s family he’s comfortable to associate with. Because he cares about his offsprings, he’ll know he has to care for their mother so the kids can grow up with the love of both parents. He’ll be respectful of the baby mama’s family so the children are well socialized and not loners in society.

Once all of these are in place, you’d find that the importance of marriage is not lost as you are imagining. It’s the importance of weddings that’s lost.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Dimaya: 7:40am On Jul 23, 2023
True words, People still value marriage but most are

1. Driven by the fear of being left behind, the fear of being alone in old age.

For example, in this video: the fear of being alone, a young lady named olivia narrates why she couldn't leave a cheating boyfriend who all because she was afraid she might never find a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbwKvqVzM4

2. Trapped in situationships where they're yet to clarify what things are.
If you're in such a situation, here's a video counselling session around handling unclear commitment, the money obstacles and escaping dead-end love interests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ2ulJMb_pk

watch, learn and thank me later.
Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2023
lipsrsealed
Bottom line is that nowadays marriages are simply transactional.... Nobody is ready to sacrifice anymore,to move the marriage forward..They are in it simply because of their selfish interest..

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by MarketDispatch: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2023
If it meets their expectations..yes
Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by flokii: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2023
Marriages nowadays are mostly transactional.. no romance (love) without finance.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Khd95(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2023
Most women want to marry men that are capable of sustaining their dreams, which boils down to the man carrying the responsibility and burdens of the woman, not for love

Most men would rather not marry for this same reason women want to marry, the reality on ground now is that a man needs a woman who is not a liability, except you are Alh Ned, unfortunately not many are him

I my self don’t see the usefulness of marrying in this age and time, when the women have this mentality I stated above 👆

It’s going to be rare to come across a woman that’s not a liability, that’s when the marriage can make a little sense

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Savedday2: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2023
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by Guderian(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2023
till tomorrow there will still be exceptions
Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by frozen70(f): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Let me share few stories
A lady and I were having a conversation. We citing an example of Ned and Regina Daniel case; she jumped into conclusion that she also do the same if she has opportunity. She said she won't marry for love but will be comfortable if a man who is wealthy can pay her bills. shocked

I was speaking with my others guys and I one of them told me. He is not ready to marry/settle down he would just pregnant a lady foot the bills of the girl and the baby he is achieved.

I don't want to emphasize more on the countless failed marriages we are having in our society.

Do people value d importance of marriage these days

As it is now, marriage has changed from what it was originally

People view marriage from different perspective

So just choose your own dream of marriage and actualize it
That's all

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2023
frozen70:

As it is now, marriage has changed from what it was originally

People view marriage from different perspective

So just choose your own dream of marriage and actualize it
That's all
May be hakimi and wife kind of marriage grin

(1) (Reply)

Men, Here Are 5 Signs A Lady Has True Feelings For You / Sweet Deal!!. Clean And Crisp Laptop For Sale. / Cyber Love Search.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.