Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? (2007 Views)

Who Deleted This Verse From The Perfectly Preserved Quran Of Muhammad? / Why Mohammed Is NOT A Muslim: He Is Above The Laws Of Allah For Muslims / Pastor Caught Tearing And Burning The Quran In Kogi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? by honesttalk21: 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
The first question is answered thus:

أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ
وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ

Did he automatically decide to burn without consulting with the Sahaba? Did they not conclude to write only in the Qureysh dialect because this is the primary language of revelation and the language of Muhammad pbuh?

TenQ:

I said:
If Allah recited the Qur'an in 7 different Arabic dialects, do you think Uthman have the right to eliminate six of them?
Is Uthman also a prophet of Islam?

AND
If he didn't burn every Qur'an in existence, it could mean that
1. The Islamic Narrative is a LIE
2. Uthman failed in his bid the destroy all variant Qur'an

These Recitations were written down on paper were they not?

What then the Uthman burn?.

Did he not replace all he burnt with only one dialect (the Quraish dialect)?

We should have Seven different Qur'an in Seven Dialects of Arabic: where are they?
Re: Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? by honesttalk21: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2023
@Tenq Awaiting your response to this. Appreciating in advance.

honesttalk21:

وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ

Did he automatically decide to burn without consulting with the Sahaba? Did they not conclude to write only in the Qureysh dialect because this is the primary language of revelation and the language of Muhammad pbuh?

Re: Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? by TenQ: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2023
honesttalk21:

وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ

وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ Translates to
"O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you.

1. Is Uthman now a prophet of Islam?
2. Did Mohammed give any instructions as per the burning of variant Qur'an?
3. Did any of your Hadiths give this same reason for burning the various Qur'an?

Allah gave Mohammed one Qur'an dialect. It was Mohammed who requested for more. He was given 6 additional dialects.

Did Mohammed make a mistake in requesting for more dialects of the Arabic Qur'an?
Re: Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? by TenQ: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2023
Sahih Muslim 821 a
Ubayy b. Ka'b reported that the Messenger of Allah was near the tank of Banu Ghifar that Gabriel came to him and said:

Allah has commanded you to recite to your people the Qur'an in one dialect. Upon this he said: I ask from Allah pardon and forgiveness. My people are not capable of doing it. He then came for the second time and said: Allah has commanded you that you should recite the Qur'an to your people in two dialects. Upon this he (the Holy prophet) again said: I seek pardon and forgiveness from Allah, my people would not be able to do so. He (Gabriel) came for the third time and said: Allah has commanded you to recite the Qur'an to your people in three dialects. Upon this he said: I ask pardon and forgiveness from Allah. My people would not be able to do it. He then came to him for the fourth time and said: Allah has commanded you to recite the Qur'an to your people in seven dialects, and in whichever dialect they would recite, they would be right.

honesttalk21:
Written or not leads to other questions which I beleve you will provide answers to.

1. Did the compillation rely only on written documents?

No

honesttalk21:

2. What was the main mode of transmitting or learning the Quran in the life of Prophet Muhammad? Remember that he himself could neither read nor write.
Mohammed could read and write: this is a lie Muslims tell to sell him. I will prove that to you in another post.

Recitation was the main mode but Mohammed also had secretaries who helped him to write. Also the Sahaba wrote on every kind of material available to them.

Musnad Ahmad 57
It was narrated that Zaid bin Thabit said:
Abu Bakr sent for me when many of the people of al-Yamamah were killed. Abu Bakr said: O Zaid bin Thabit, you are a wise young man and we trust you; you used to write down the Revelation for the Messenger of Allah. Seek out the Qur'an and collect it.

honesttalk21:

3. What percentage of the companions and arabians could read or write at this time?
Not even Muslims clerics know this answer. What we have reported that after a certain battle, most of those who know the Qur'an by heart were killed

honesttalk21:

4. Why was recitation allowed in 7 ways, forms, styles or dialects?
The Arabs definitely had different dialects of word pronunciation. This is your preferred Narrative.

The truth:
Mohammed kept forgetting the Qur'an. The one he recited for one group is slightly different from the one he recites to another group of Sahaba.
This differences he resolved by saying that all the recitations were correct.
Re: Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? by honesttalk21: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2023
وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ Those in authority.
At this point Uthman was in authority.

The reasons for the burning was to bring unification and prevent differences. Hudhaifa was afraid that differences in the recitation of the Qur'an between the people amongst which were Sha'm and Iraq would lead to differences like that of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) and asked Uthman to save against similar arguments.

Uthman then ordered the commitee with Zaid ibn Thabit writing tp make perfect copies. He said should there be disagreements on any point in the Quran then it should be written in the dialect of the Quraish as the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue.

I don't know. You are Hadith Tenq Hadith Master squared to infinity.

No mistake made in asking it was to ease understanding and recitation of the people who would have been challenged otherwise.

TenQ:

وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ Translates to
"O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you.

1. Is Uthman now a prophet of Islam?
2. Did Mohammed give any instructions as per the burning of variant Qur'an?
3. Did any of your Hadiths give this same reason for burning the various Qur'an?

Allah gave Mohammed one Qur'an dialect. It was Mohammed who requested for more. He was given 6 additional dialects.

Did Mohammed make a mistake in requesting for more dialects of the Arabic Qur'an?
Re: Where Is The Quran Of Mohammed: Is It Permanently LOST? by TenQ: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
honesttalk21:
وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ Those in authority.
At this point Uthman was in authority.

The reasons for the burning was to bring unification and prevent differences. Hudhaifa was afraid that differences in the recitation of the Qur'an between the people amongst which were Sha'm and Iraq would lead to differences like that of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) and asked Uthman to save against similar arguments.

Uthman then ordered the commitee with Zaid ibn Thabit writing tp make perfect copies. He said should there be disagreements on any point in the Quran then it should be written in the dialect of the Quraish as the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue.

I don't know. You are Hadith Tenq Hadith Master squared to infinity.

No mistake made in asking it was to ease understanding and recitation of the people who would have been challenged otherwise.

Are you saying that those in authority are free to edit, modify, delete, eliminate the Qur'an at will!?

The Qur'an is a book already written in the mother book in heaven : how come Uthman has authority to eliminate some copies he doesn't like?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Word ["amen"] / Is The Bible Easy To Understand? / Where Did Cain's Wife Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.