Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation (340 Views)

Atiku Reacts To Great Nation Performance By Timi Dakolo And Others / Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building / Wike Begs Amaechi: Join Hands With Us To Move Our Dear State Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by benodic: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I don't usually like discussing politics because it seems like anytime that word politics is mentioned in Nigeria what follows next is tribal and religious divide with abuses thrown into the mixture between opponents.

But I still believe I should speak out and make my voice heard as we are gradually spiralling into oblivion as a country.
I have had the privilege of going round this country and have also had the privilege of working in many areas of the country's geopolitical zones ; north-west, north-east, north-central, south-west, south-south and south-east.

I have mingled with the different tribes that make up this country and have also taken time to study the different religions that make us who we are in this country.

My conclusion is that God didn't make any mistake in putting us together as a country. Nigeria is actually a litmus test for the rest of the world and we are standing on the precipice of total success and being a beacon of light for the rest of the world starting from Africa or being the most disastrous spiritual experiment in creation.

All the regions in Nigeria have their unique strengths and weaknesses and I discovered in my travels that we really do complement each other and need each other to survive and strive.

The only obstacle standing in our way is if we can raise our collective consciousness to make considerations of tribal and religious affiliations secondary to the strength a particular person or group brings to the table that will move the country forward.

Failure to do this will never help this country no matter how long we remain together. Even if we split this level of reasoning will still follow us to our various regions because there is no region of the country that can boast of only 1 tribe and 1 religion.

It's either we get it right now or lose it forever.
The choice is ours to either sink or swim.
The world is watching
Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by Yj090: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lol which great nation,, how many times have we ask for great nation but you people snub

1 Like

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by gaby(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nigeria isn't a country and shouldn't be regarded as one from the way it is presently set up.

Know this and know peace by saving yourself any headaches about it until we are all prepared to do the needful, which is a bloody revolution to take care of the enemies of the state and citizens before starting afresh on a clean slate. That is, after determining if the country should remain one or split along regional, ethnic, or religious lines.

This one na by force marriage wey no dey last or progress.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by fredwill1357(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18
benodic:
Hello Everyone,

The only obstacle standing in our way is if we can raise our collective consciousness to make considerations of tribal and religious affiliations secondary to the strength a particular person or group brings to the table that will move the country forward. It's either we get it right now or lose it forever.
The world is watching
Hello, how are you doing? Can we please talk on WhatsApp? I have some important questions to ask you, at the end of the day, we might both learn or improve on something.
Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by Ttipsy(f): 2:26pm On Apr 18
gaby:
Nigeria isn't a country and shouldn't be regarded as one from the way it is presently set up. Know this and know peace by saving yourself any headaches about it until we are all prepared to do the needful, which is a bloody revolution to take care of the enemies of the state and citizens before starting afresh on a clean slate after determining if the country should remain one or split along regional, ethnic, or religious lines.

This one na by force marriage wey no dey last or progress.
… we have been preaching unity since the 60s

One Nigeria mantra is just for greedy politicians to keep exploring on the citizens while they propagate their foolishness.

How can a country be so obsessed sabout unity??
If actually we have a country, there shouldn’t be any form of agitation, marginalization, injustices

The failure of the government to identify this clearly shows the current foundation and systemic imbalance is obviously what the society has been built or designed to become .

You don’t force unity ..
unity will only be sustainable in Nigeria when the government have solve most fundamentally problems facing Nigeria as a country/Nationhood

Is there unity in diversity in religious bigotry or Tribalism and nepotism?
Can you all explain unity in diversity

2 Likes

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by gaby(m): 2:39pm On Apr 18
Ttipsy:
… we have been preaching unity since the 60s

One Nigeria mantra is just for greedy politicians to keep exploring on the citizens while they propagate their foolishness.

How can a country be obsessed about unity??
If actually we have a country, there would never be any form of agitation, marginalization, injustices

The failure of the government to identify this clearly shows the current foundation and systemic imbalance, which is what the society has been built to become

You don’t force unity ..
unity will only be sustainable in Nigeria when the government have solve most fundamentally problems facing Nigeria as a country/Nationhood

The hard and bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by mrvitalis(m): 2:42pm On Apr 18
benodic:
Hello Everyone,

I don't usually like discussing politics because it seems like anytime that word politics is mentioned in Nigeria what follows next is tribal and religious divide with abuses thrown into the mixture between opponents.

But I still believe I should speak out and make my voice heard as we are gradually spiralling into oblivion as a country.
I have had the privilege of going round this country and have also had the privilege of working in many areas of the country's geopolitical zones ; north-west, north-east, north-central, south-west, south-south and south-east.

I have mingled with the different tribes that make up this country and have also taken time to study the different religions that make us who we are in this country.

My conclusion is that God didn't make any mistake in putting us together as a country. Nigeria is actually a litmus test for the rest of the world and we are standing on the precipice of total success and being a beacon of light for the rest of the world starting from Africa or being the most disastrous spiritual experiment in creation.

All the regions in Nigeria have their unique strengths and weaknesses and I discovered in my travels that we really do complement each other and need each other to survive and strive.

The only obstacle standing in our way is if we can raise our collective consciousness to make considerations of tribal and religious affiliations secondary to the strength a particular person or group brings to the table that will move the country forward.

Failure to do this will never help this country no matter how long we remain together. Even if we split this level of reasoning will still follow us to our various regions because there is no region of the country that can boast of only 1 tribe and 1 religion.

The world is watching
Nigeria can't be a nation

This is the fundamental problem with Nigeria... We are a country that operates like a nation

1 Like

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by Ttipsy(f): 2:58pm On Apr 18
gaby:

The hard and bitter truth.
is there unity in diversity in religious bigotry or Tribalism and nepotism?
Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by gaby(m): 3:01pm On Apr 18
Ttipsy:
is there unity in diversity in religious bigotry or Tribalism and nepotism?

According to the Nigerian version of "Unity in diversity, you have to be more loyal to your tribe, clan, and religion than State.
Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by ValarDoharis: 3:04pm On Apr 18
The British put you together. Either we build a fair and just country or we go our separate ways
benodic:
Hello Everyone,

The world is watching

36 Likes

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by Ttipsy(f): 3:10pm On Apr 18
gaby:

According to the Nigerian version of "Unity in diversity, you have to be more loyal to your tribe, clan, and religion than State.
so how does it Forster National unity and integration?

We have been on this unity stuff since immemorial.

Unity can not be forced otherwise there is a total different mission far from the objective.

It’s boils down to the federal government inability to really show practical approach in sustaining unity rather than just lips service …

1 Like

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by teamoneline: 3:52pm On Apr 18
Make the judiciary autonomous first. Then make INEC free of political influence.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by fredwill1357(m): 7:24pm On Apr 18
benodic:
Hello
Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by benodic: 9:14pm On Apr 18
@ fredwill1357

For now I prefer communication via email.
My Email is masterben2009@gmail.com
Re: Let's Join Hands And Build This Great Nation by fredwill1357(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18
benodic:
comment
no wahala.

(1) (Reply)

How Emefiele Lost His Deposits (pix) / Putin Expels French Forces From Their Last Stronghold In Africa After Niger Coup / Russia Responsible For Niger Coup, Says Top Ukrainian Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.