Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (428357 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RubyOgex(f): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
pls i need a reply on this.
My school is 3hrs drive from where i will be live with a family.. Hope it's normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Republic001: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Thanks bro
JMG12:
Why did you send back the money when your bank account has not been verified by ircc? The same explanation you gave earlier for the 14M should remain while the 11M is for your 2nd semester tuition fee. I guess you already figured out what to say in your LOE. This time the money should remain in your account till you get feedback based on your application, because you don't know when they will come visiting. cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Republic001: 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Pls I need clarification on this notes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olokings(m): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hi. Urgent help, asking for a friend.

She applied to conestoga PGC Project mgt, to resume Sept 5th. For admission, acceptance $1500 paid
Visa was approved August 8th. However 1st semester tuition was only paid Aug 28th & 29th.
Unfortunately, post has admissions revoked her enrollment (admission), and after sending an email requesting for reinstatement, she's being advised to either defer or sell refund.

Please help advise how she can please her case for reinstatement to resume this Sept semester as tickets had been bought.

Anyone with experience on similar issue before? How did you resolve it?

Ejoor my peeps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kingsleyloveth: 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
Please, does anyone have a link to a WhatsApp group for University of Calgary? Needed urgently.

Then please has anyone done upfront medicals for IOM Lagos. Help me out with the process, trying to book online but it's not going through.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blessing84: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
portablesuzy:
good day house ,
my GCMS notes is out. thanks to all seniors in the house, angie I appreciate. the notes are bulky looking for ways to paste the main area that has the main reason here

Hello pls how did you order for GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Purpleivy(f): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2023
Thank you so much 🙏
Bobomaigida:

You do not need to print, just attach it, however, the size is what you should be concerned about, you can save the property docs in Jpeg to allow you reduce the resolution and the size.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 2:32am On Sep 06, 2023
RubyOgex:
pls i need a reply on this.
My school is 3hrs drive from where i will be live with a family.. Hope it's normal?

If your classes are strictly ONLINE, you should be fine.

But if your classes are Hybrid or totally in-person, it's not normal at all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 3:55am On Sep 06, 2023
Can one link an application done and approved in the new ircc portal to a GCKey account? If yes, please state how.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2023
Republic001:

1. The VOs doubts how the funds in the account were raised, there were no documents to show how the funds built in the account or there was little docs to show how you raised the money.

2. Your SOP did not do justice to the educational plan you are going for, either by not showing how it will be relevant to your home country or how it will enrich your life in your home country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 8:29am On Sep 06, 2023
Submitted Visa Application on 18 August
Biometrics Capture Yesterday - 5 September
Refusal Today 6 September - at 6:40 a.m. on the basis of "Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Queenslee(f): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Johnbosco1:
Submitted Visa Application on 18 August
Biometrics Capture Yesterday - 5 September
Refusal Today 6 September - at 6:40 a.m. on the basis of "Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)."

What documents did you submit?

Also look to order your GCMS notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2023
Queenslee:

What documents did you submit?

Also look to order your GCMS notes.

SOP - Self sponsoring
Two different Land Documents
Degree cert & Transcript, WAEC, NYSC
Ongoing Contract Letter
70% tuition fee
GIC cert - living expense of 10k
Birth cert - NPC, state of origin,
CV, Professional certs
Two different account statements - 6Mil and 2000usd.
Proof of income

I am definitely applying for my GCMS notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2023
Good morning guys,
Please how do I get GIC cert?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2023
What’s the length of your program?
Please how did you get the GIC cert?

Johnbosco1:

SOP - Self sponsoring
Ongoing Contract Letter
70% tuition fee
CV, Professional certs
Proof of income

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RubyOgex(f): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2023
I studied Insurance in polytechnic here, can i go into health information management in Canada via pgd?

PS: A health information manager can work in insurance company.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by echobazz: 10:20am On Sep 06, 2023
Good day everyone, Please I'm on the lookout for affordable schools that offer Data related postgraduate programmes in Canada. My first degree is Economics but I want to switch to Big Data or Data Analytics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndukaada: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2023
Good morning everyone.

My application was submitted on 28th July, 2023.
Biometrics done on 8th August.
Upfront medicals done on 25th of July.

No update yet. Medical not updated. Eligibility not started. Nothing!!😢

What should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by onyekachee(f): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Johnbosco1:

SOP - Self sponsoring
Ongoing Contract Letter
70% tuition fee
CV, Professional certs
Proof of income

sorry to hear this,if you have the funds,just complete the fee for first year before you reapply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2023
Hello everyone, I’m processing the Canadian school ( MHC) for my sibling but I live in the states , I sold part of my property for 25m which Intend to back up with the sales document .. also I’m planning to submit my usa bank account ..I’m planning to submit around 10k usd .. my question is , is that enough for the proof of funds ? Secondly , do I need wait for a month before before apply due the the sudden 25m from the sale ?

Note : I use my naira account but not really much money flows through there .

Thank you guys .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2023
Sorry for the student permit refusal, you should reapply and attach invoices or income tax to back up the sponsor's revenue it is mandatory. Painfully most registered businesses in Nigeria don't pay tax
Republic001:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2023
onyekachee:
sorry to hear this,if you have the funds,just complete the fee for first year before you reapply

I do but I just didn't think it's mandatory. I gotta do it though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2023
Augrere2022:
What’s the length of your program?
Please how did you get the GIC cert?

I year program.

For Gic: follow this:
.cibc
.com
/en
/special-offers
/international-student-gic
.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gennylota: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2023
Hello house, please i need your advise. My sponsor whom is my biological brother intended submitting his company account but was just advised against it just now, reason being that i am not an employee of that his company. Although i am a director in another of his company but there is no funds in this account for 5 months now. Note that i dont have my own savings as an adult 39 (I am suppose to have my own money but life happened to me). Can you all please advice on the way forward for POF. Can he move the company fund into my personal account and do goft deed? Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2023
I have some questions
1. Explain your 70% tuition fee
2. How much is your tuition fee
3. GIC cert to be liquidated at what time
4. Duration of your program
Johnbosco1:

SOP - Self sponsoring
Ongoing Contract Letter
70% tuition fee
CV, Professional certs
Proof of income

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kinggame1: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2023
Has anybody applied for a police character certificate in ibadan. Please I would like to know how long it took. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:40am On Sep 06, 2023
Hello, this is a complete red flag. Firstly you are a director of one of his companies meaning you should be earning money so you need to show an account of the effect. Secondly, you don't need to be working with his company for him to sponsor you. Him being your brother is enough just proof that and is the company a joint or sole proprietorship?
gennylota:
Hello house, please i need your advise. My sponsor whom is my biological brother intended submitting his company account but was just advised against it just now, reason being that i am not an employee of that his company. Although i am a director in another of his company but there is no funds in this account for 5 months now. Note that i dont have my own savings as an adult 39 (I am suppose to have my own money but life happened to me). Can you all please advice on the way forward for POF. Can he move the company fund into my personal account and do goft deed? Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2023
Why do you need PCC? it is not mandatory
Kinggame1:
Has anybody applied for a police character certificate in ibadan. Please I would like to know how long it took. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2023
Eligibility can't begin without approval, you will get a response soon. Be calm this is just the 6th week and you are worried, any worrying should begin from the 8th week
Ndukaada:
Good morning everyone.

My application was submitted on 28th July, 2023.
Biometrics done on 8th August.
Upfront medicals done on 25th of July.

No update yet. Medical not updated. Eligibility not started. Nothing!!😢

What should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:51am On Sep 06, 2023
How much is the tuition fee and the duration of the program this will help to determine the POF
Damilare5882:
Hello everyone, I’m processing the Canadian school ( MHC) for my sibling but I live in the states , I sold part of my property for 25m which Intend to back up with the sales document .. also I’m planning to submit my usa bank account ..I’m planning to submit around 10k usd .. my question is , is that enough for the proof of funds ? Secondly , do I need wait for a month before before apply due the the sudden 25m from the sale ?

Note : I use my naira account but not really much money flows through there .

Thank you guys .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:56am On Sep 06, 2023
She should defer to January I believe there is still space for deferment to the winter term since it is not an application. Then for the flight, she can change the date after hearing from the school.
olokings:
Hi. Urgent help, asking for a friend.

She applied to conestoga PGC Project mgt, to resume Sept 5th. For admission, acceptance $1500 paid
Visa was approved August 8th. However 1st semester tuition was only paid Aug 28th & 29th.
Unfortunately, post has admissions revoked her enrollment (admission), and after sending an email requesting for reinstatement, she's being advised to either defer or sell refund.

Please help advise how she can please her case for reinstatement to resume this Sept semester as tickets had been bought.

Anyone with experience on similar issue before? How did you resolve it?

Ejoor my peeps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by samefiok(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
zubizareta:

There is a way you will use your SOP to word it, the source wouldn't be scrutinized much because you have demonstrated the availability of those funds by doing that GIC which is the primary aim and what Ircc is looking out for- to ensure the funds u showed aren't for demonstrative purposes but indeed available.
Be ready to put strong economic ties and explain with reasonable supporting docs for source of funds and reasons why such person sponsored/provided the funds in the case of sponsorship. But we have seen instances when some supporting docs were skipped in situations when GIC and Tuition was paid and PPR was granted.

Omo how I wan take tell IRCC say my tuition fee na from crypto 😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (475) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: ever4vera, Educhopper(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.