Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,916 members, 7,838,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (431885 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
Luada:
Please does these things improve your application. Property valuation, tenancy agreement, CAC, and family photos.
Yes and also depends on what you are trying to use them to achieve in your sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
gideon19:

oh, i meant "can the MBS expire?"

No, it is just an access code.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
Augrere2022:
Hello,
Good afternoon house,
Please I need urgent response pls.
I tried to make an FX transfer today for my GIC, and was told by access bank that the limit I can transfer is 10k USD.

My GIC is 20,000 CAD which is equal to 15,369.25 USD.
My question is, can I raise two GIC deposits?
Like with same Canadian bank or two different Canadian banks.

PS: was told my limit is 10k usd for a month
Pls urgent reply needed.
Thanks in advance

Some people have done GIC of $20,000.
I do not think it is possible to raise two GIC with same Canadian bank.
FX outflow can over be $10,000 in a month but less than $20,000, what I suspect is that the branch you are making your enquiries do not have the full information about FX transactions.
I will suggest you visit a big branch of your bank to make the enquiries, you can outflow the $15,369 at once to fund the GIC, the only thing is that you would bear all charges associated with the transfer as well as the offshore charge of $25.
Interestedly, the bank should be happy you want to outflow that amount since they will earn more income from the funds outflow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Joshash(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
Good afternoon house, a friend got admission into University of Manitoba for undergraduate study, he just wrote his waec in August 2023 the original certificate is not yet out. can he use the print out to apply for study visa because that is what he used to the school. pls it is urgent I need your suggestion. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
Joshash:
Good afternoon house, a friend got admission into University of Manitoba for undergraduate study, he just wrote his waec in August 2023 the original certificate is not yet out. can he use the print out to apply for study visa because that is what he used to the school. pls it is urgent I need your suggestion. thank you

His digital certificate is out he can create a waec digital certificate account and print it out it new came into play last year so can download the app create an account and fund the wallet it actually 5000 naira to get the certificate and he can print it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Joshash(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Thank you for the reply, but what app will he download?
Luada:

His digital certificate is out he can create a waec digital certificate account and print it out it new came into play last year so can download the app create an account and fund the wallet it actually 5000 naira to get the certificate and he can print it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Some people have done GIC of $20,000.
I do not think it is possible to raise two GIC with same Canadian bank.
FX outflow can over be $10,000 in a month but less than $20,000, what I suspect is that the branch you are making your enquiries do not have the full information about FX transactions.
I will suggest you visit a big branch of your bank to make the enquiries, you can outflow the $15,369 at once to fund the GIC, the only thing is that you would bear all charges associated with the transfer as well as the offshore charge of $25.
Interestedly, the bank should be happy you want to outflow that amount since they will earn more income from the funds outflow.

Thanks for your response,
Which other Canada bank can I use for my GIC?
I want to split it and 10,000 each between 2 banks
I already register with Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce CIBC.
Any other bank I can use for GIC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
Joshash:
Thank you for the reply, but what app will he download?
Just search waec digital certificate on playstore

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Augrere2022:

Thanks for your response,
Which other Canada bank can I use for my GIC?
I want to split it and 10,000 each between 2 banks
I already register with Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce CIBC.
Any other bank I can use for GIC?

I do not know if any other bank accepts GIC from non SDS countries like Nigeria apart from CIBC. You can find out from other big banks directly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2023
Anyone know any other GIV bank apart from CIBC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Legitmenaija: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Please what is the best way to appeal study visa refusal based on
"you submitted documentation that lacks authenticity, this has diminished the authenticity of your overall application".

Every single document submitted were 100% authentic.
It will be extremely stupid of anyone to submit fake documents and risk a Ban.

I'm thinking of appealing the refusal.

Please what do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Profgordons(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2023
Augrere2022:
Hello,
Good afternoon house,
Please I need urgent response pls.
I tried to make an FX transfer today for my GIC, and was told by access bank that the limit I can transfer is 10k USD.

My GIC is 20,000 CAD which is equal to 15,369.25 USD.
My question is, can I raise two GIC deposits?
Like with same Canadian bank or two different Canadian banks.

PS: was told my limit is 10k usd for a month
Pls urgent reply needed.
Thanks in advance
This is because you most probably deposited cash in your account. For you to transfer above $10k, the money has to be an “inflow” not cash deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Profgordons:
This is because you most probably deposited cash in your account. For your to transfer above $10k, the money has to be an “inflow” not cash deposit.

Ok
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
Is anyone else getting this ? today ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
Legitmenaija:
Please what is the best way to appeal study visa refusal based on
"you submitted documentation that lacks authenticity, this has diminished the authenticity of your overall application".

Every single document submitted were 100% authentic.
It will be extremely stupid of anyone to submit fake documents and risk a Ban.

I'm thinking of appealing the refusal.

Please what do you think?

Very possible the documents were so compressed that they weren't completely readable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyere2023: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Please who else hasn’t gotten response from IRCC?
My application was submitted 24th of July……. Although biometric and Medicals has been updated as completed but eligibility and background checks is still in progress….

Please who’s in this ship with me
I don send webform tire o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TMVetcare: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
[quote author=operobo11 post=126025628]Good morning fam. Abeg am i the only one that has not gotten response from Ircc. I submitted my application on the 13th of august and i haven’t gotten any response from them. This delay is really making si

You are not alone bro, I submitted 28 Aug with upfront med no update yet. Let’s keep hope alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TMVetcare: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
harrisonxury:

Me too, I submitted on the 17th of August and I haven't got any response from them.
Did you do upfront medicals?
Has ur upfront medical been updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ExcellenceAb: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
JMG12:
You people worry too much, this is the 6th week after submission. You should start worrying and thinking of sending emails after the 7th week.

Please, for this GIC, Scotia Bank is saying that they don't have a student GIC that covers for Nigerians (only country listed in their portal). And CBIC is saying that the transaction must be made in USD, won't that mean that I still need to buy fx at black market in order to carry out the transaction?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
Guys , i just want to double check ..Whats the official rate as of today?.. I am seeing oanda rate which is 574 but someone is telling me it 750
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
ExcellenceAb:

Please, for this GIC, Scotia Bank is saying that they don't have a student GIC that covers for Nigerians (only country listed in their portal). And CBIC is saying that the transaction must be made in USD, won't that mean that I still need to buy fx at black market in order to carry out the transaction?

Yes you have to purchase FX at the parallel market to fund your account which will be used to buy the GIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by franklin000(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Please help I'm looking for a course or school in Canada for MSc that doesn't require supervisor to get admission for any business course. Please help 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vivianjohn91: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
Good day everyone, please I need your prompt advise.
I just got admitted for a two years program into Red River college for Fall 2024. The start date is August 26th 2024 and the end date is April 25th 2025 which is just 9 months duration. I am a bit confused here, can someone please advice me on this? as the deadline for paying the deposit is this week. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Vivianjohn91:
I just got admitted for a two years program into Red River college for Fall 2024. The start date is August 26th 2024 and the end date is April 25th 2025 which is just 9 months duration. I am a bit confused here, can someone please advice me on this? as the deadline for paying the deposit is this week. Thanks in anticipation
What program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vivianjohn91: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
@quadtunji, it's two years diploma in Business Administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
Vivianjohn91:

I'll suggest you send them a mail, maybe it's an error.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by beekaf: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Please can anyone please advice for someone who has bachelor degree going for an educational (early childhood education)diploma course which is lesser.Although the education diploma course matches with career as a teacher for 10years plus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flacko808: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Any suggestion of colleges in British Columbia that accept HND for 2 years diploma program? Please I need a prompt advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harrisonxury: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
TMVetcare:

Has ur upfront medical been updated

Well, I didn't do any upfront medical... I'm waiting for them to request for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Akanoo1: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hello everyone, does strike activities affect biometric appointments?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
You only need a supervisor for STEM courses and it is thesis-based not project based. but if the school you are interested in requires a supervisor either you change school or change to project base
franklin000:
Please help I'm looking for a course or school in Canada for MSc that doesn't require supervisor to get admission for any business course. Please help 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
jOtto:
Been here silently. Just got to B.C two weeks ago for fall intake. Please what is the process for exchanging my naija drivers license here? Where do I request confirmation letter, frsc or high commission? Thanks in addy

We need a answer please 🙏🏻

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (478) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: Reddfox(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.