Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,900 members, 7,838,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (431831 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndubisi12: 3:08am On Nov 22, 2023
Is it ok to do up front medical or wait for irrc request for it guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 3:49am On Nov 22, 2023
eronz555:

please help out thanks i have also sent you a mail
I have replied your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SimpleasABC: 4:23am On Nov 22, 2023
Hi everyone! Due to the challenges faced by a lot of international students coming from different countries in Africa, we put our efforts together to create a community that will bring solutions to most problems that international students face, be it after they land in Nova Scotia or prior to their landing. This community involves both international students who are already in Nova Scotia and people outside willing to come to Nova Scotia. The group is aimed at preparing the students for the major challenges that they will encounter while moving here and providing a free immigration consultation for people who are willing to do a self-application.
Click the link below ;
https:///LDcS1WshPITFdTN0EHRhFU

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SimpleasABC: 4:38am On Nov 22, 2023
I used Nairaland for my whole application processing, and if people follow this thread from March 2022, you will see my comments and replies on this thread. Since I'm in Nova Scotia now, I decided to do a free self-service for people who wanted to do their own application. So I created a community, and I posted the link if you are willing to join the incoming international NS student forum. I will be there to answer all your questions.

https:///LDcS1WshPITFdTN0EHRhFU

Note, please: I'm not in any way seeking financial assistance because I have people here who have contacted me, and I took them into my apartment in Halifax without knowing them from anywhere. So this is not, in any way, a financial gain. That is why I said anyone who needs to do a self-application. I'm willing to guide you to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mbapelvis: 4:46am On Nov 22, 2023
Greetings guys. What's the prospect of a 43 old to be granted a study visa?
43 year old is a govt teacher by prof. 13 years of work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndubisi12: 5:09am On Nov 22, 2023
[quote author=Augrere2022 post

Honestly I wouldn’t know,
Because I did self sponsor [/quote] please how much do you present for self sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by isaoco: 5:16am On Nov 22, 2023
Hello

I just want to begin my Canada study applications

Please I need help

Are there funding in Canada?

Can I work to finance my studies?

Is it possible I get PR within a yr of studies over there?

Am I allowed to work after studies?

What schools would you recommend? (I am actually considering memorial university of newfoundland because of low tuition)

What other things do I need?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Heritagebib: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2023
Pls I need help with the necessary things to do in preparation towards my departure.

Where can I buy good winter jacket, winter boots and wears....
I have all my POF in naira, how do I convert to the currency that will be useful for me in mapple land?

How do I book for flight and which of the airlines is good?

Abeg you people should not forsake me at this stage o.

Heritagebib:
PPR don land ooo, Thank God.
Application submitted in September 20.
Upfront medical sept16
Biometrics Oct.6
Biometrics updated Oct.10
Medical passed November 3
PPR November 17

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by samefiok(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2023
JMG12:
Good morning to you!
How much is your tuition fee?

19.4mil naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 9:06am On Nov 22, 2023
You can buy all those stuff in yaba market,I don’t know about the change of currency but you can use Lufthansa or ethiopian airline,that’s what most people use.
Anyone that has affordable flight link should help him please
Heritagebib:
Pls I need help with the necessary things to do in preparation towards my departure.

Where can I buy good winter jacket, winter boots and wears....
I have all my POF in naira, how do I convert to the currency that will be useful for me in mapple land?

How do I book for flight and which of the airlines is good?

Abeg you people should not forsake me at this stage o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hayoholla(m): 9:38am On Nov 22, 2023
Good morning here, I will like to know if an ielts score of 7 is sufficient for a PR route to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2023
Please guru in the house can I use 2 bank statement one GT bank domiciliaryacc the inflow is 1.25M USD and out flow is 1.22MUSD closing balance 58KUSD which is 80Kacanadain dollars my tuition. Is 95k canadain dollars but my uncle also dropped his bank statement of standards private bank an investment statement of 456kUSd but in this account you know how all this private bank statement be na only deposit Dey there he never withdrawal from an shey I fit use the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by youngemperor(m): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2023
hello guys, it's very urgent, can i use my KUDA bank statement for proof of fund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:33am On Nov 22, 2023
No Kuda is a microfinance bank, avoid the use of MFB
youngemperor:
hello guys, it's very urgent, can i use my KUDA bank statement for proof of fund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2023
All the statements you want to use are that of your sponsor; this might not be appropriate, and you might want to work on that by including your bank statement
Gabriel2005:
Please guru in the house can I use 2 bank statement one GT bank domiciliaryacc the inflow is 1.25M USD and out flow is 1.22MUSD closing balance 58KUSD which is 80Kacanadain dollars my tuition. Is 95k canadain dollars but my uncle also dropped his bank statement of standards private bank an investment statement of 456kUSd but in this account you know how all this private bank statement be na only deposit Dey there he never withdrawal from an shey I fit use the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by different44: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2023
Good evening my people 😋. I want to to start my Canadian study visa application soon. I will like to apply for visa alone cause of pof. How long after I get to Canada can I come bring in my wife cause she as to work so we can make the school fees payment easily. I was told 6 weeks after I activate my studentship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dollext: 11:47am On Nov 22, 2023
Good morning Generals. Pls i need som1 to help me review my statement of purpose.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vindyjohn37(f): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2023
Hi Nwamaka, hope you are well. Please I also got an admission for healthcare administration and service management for September 2024. Please I have a question regarding the WIL document requirements. How did you login to assess the requirements? Please it's urgent. Thanks
NwamakaHalie:
Good afternoon all, please i got admission for healthcare administration in conestoga college, its supposed to be a 2year program, but i got confused after i downloaded the offer of admission letter as its looking like its 1 year program, please help me take a look at it.

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Status: Full-Time
Program of Study:
Health Care Administration and Service Management (1567) Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate (Post-Graduate) Campus: Brantford Campus
Program Length: 4 Semester(s) (Consecutive)
Level of Study: Level 1
First Day of Classes: May 06, 2024 Estimated End Date: August 17, 2025 Hours of Instruction: 24
Exchange Program: No
Estimated tuition fee for the first academic year of the program (cool months of study:
$18,204.03, Cdn
Estimated tuition fee for the first semester of the program (4) months of study:
$8,967.50, Cdn
Tuition amounts listed above are an ESTIMATE only and are expected to increase for the next academic year starting in the Fall semester. We expect that exact fees will be posted to the College website by June.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2023
JMG12:
All the statements you want to use are that of your sponsor; this might not be appropriate, and you might want to work on that by including your bank statement
JMG12:

The two bank statements are for my sponsor and I just finished from high school I’m 18 years old and I haven’t worked before so that’s why I have no bank statements so can I use my uncles 2 bank statements ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2023
Welcome to your Canada journey. This journey requires patience at all levels.
1. There is funding in Canada, but the process of getting it is hectic, so you might want to consider being a self-sponsor or co-sponsor. You can try by contacting faculty supervisors whose areas of research align with your interests.
2. This might be difficult to do as you are only allowed to work 20 hours a week while working full time during holidays
3. PR within 1 year of study is not possible; after study, you are eligible to apply for a postgraduate work permit. With this, you can work a full-time job.
4. You already have school in mind go with that. recommending school depends on the program you want
isaoco:
Hello

I just want to begin my Canada study applications

Please I need help

Are there funding in Canada?

Can I work to finance my studies?

Is it possible I get PR within a yr of studies over there?

Am I allowed to work after studies?

What schools would you recommend? (I am actually considering memorial university of newfoundland because of low tuition)

What other things do I need?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vindyjohn37(f): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
Hello house, I'm new to nairaland forum. Hope everyone is doing ok. Please I just got an admission offer to study healthcare administration and service management in Conestoga college for September 2024. My Questions are
1: How do I assess the WIL document requirements
2: what do I do next after.
Thanks for being patient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2023
Your uncle can do a cash gift deed for you to prove his commitment to the course
Gabriel2005:

The two bank statements are for my sponsor and I just finished from high school I’m 18 years old and I haven’t worked before so that’s why I have no bank statements so can I use my uncles 2 bank statements ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
JMG12:
Your uncle can do a cash gift deed for you to prove his commitment to the course
Oh okay so he should transfer 100kUSD to my account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2023
Good day. Please I need advice. Would a 10yrs study gap jeopardize my plans to start my study application? I want to apply next month. How best can I handle this issue? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
There is no need for your guy to be depressed. He has successfully scaled through the major problem which is the getting of the visa. He shouldn't let the devil mesmerize him ooo.

He should send webforms and emails to Canada, Nairobi and Nigeria. Once they see it, they will respond. It is not his fault; it is theirs. I hope he applied himself if not, he should demand for it from the agent. It should not be such a big issue to depress him please. Please encourage him with positivity.

iykedpetes:

Has anyone seen this situation before , we need help my guy Is depressed He got his passport stamped on November 10th from VSF, but so far, there's been no correspondence or introduction letter. Any thoughts on what he should do next?

Appreciate any help or insights you can provide!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
With all due respect, I disagree with you on No. 3. Just recently, a friend of mine became a PR. She just finished school in April. Her family arrived in April and they are all PRs now. I did all visa applications. First, her own and shortly her husband and children just before she graduated.

You can say it is rare but not impossible at all. She worked a lot and had the eligibility to apply and her work place applied for her and she got in within 3 or 4 months.

JMG12:
Welcome to your Canada journey. This journey requires patience at all levels.
1. There is funding in Canada, but the process of getting it is hectic, so you might want to consider being a self-sponsor or co-sponsor. You can try by contacting faculty supervisors whose areas of research align with your interests.
2. This might be difficult to do as you are only allowed to work 20 hours a week while working full time during holidays
3. PR within 1 year of study is not possible; after study, you are eligible to apply for a postgraduate work permit. With this, you can work a full-time job.
4. You already have school in mind go with that. recommending school depends on the program you want
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by iykedpetes(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2023
Baphil:
There is no need for your guy to be depressed. He has successfully scaled through the major problem which is the getting of the visa. He shouldn't let the devil mesmerize him ooo.

He should send webforms and emails to Canada, Nairobi and Nigeria. Once they see it, they will respond. It is not his fault; it is theirs. I hope he applied himself if not, he should demand for it from the agent. It should not be such a big issue to depress him please. Please encourage him with positivity.

Thanks brother

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2023
What to do if your Canadian study permit is about to expire
If your Canadian study permit is about to expire, you must take prompt action to maintain your legal status in Canada. Here are the steps you should consider:

1. Renewal Application:
Applying for a permit renewal should be done at least 30 days before the expiration of your present permit. By doing this, you can be confident that you will have adequate time to resolve any problems that may come up while your application is being processed.
Check the study permit's expiration date and apply online for a renewal via the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

2. Eligibility requirements:
Make sure you still meet the requirements to be eligible for a study visa. This entails continuing to be enrolled full-time and achieving sufficient academic growth.

3. Gather the required documents:
Collect all necessary documents for your renewal application. This may include a letter of acceptance from your educational institution, proof of financial support, and any other documents required by the IRCC.

4. Pay the fees:
Fee information can be found on the IRCC website: $150 for a study permit.

5. Comply with the conditions:

Continue to comply with all the conditions of your previous study permit until a decision is made on your renewal application.

I hope you find this useful...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
How did she work a lot as a student with the 20 hours? Congratulations to her, and I am glad you made it obvious that it is rare!!!
Baphil:
With all due respect, I disagree with you on No. 3. Just recently, a friend of mine became a PR. She just finished school in April. Her family arrived in April and they are all PRs now. I did all visa applications. First, her own and shortly her husband and children just before she graduated.

You can say it is rare but not impossible at all. She worked a lot and had the eligibility to apply and her work place applied for her and she got in within 3 or 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2023
Remember there was a time Canada permitted international students to work over their normal work limit. She utilized it.

JMG12:
How did she work a lot as a student with the 20 hours? Congratulations to her, and I am glad you made it obvious that it is rare!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2023
Now you have elaborated on your claims, which you would've stated earlier or not even stated at all to counter me because we are on the same page. cheers
Baphil:
Remember there was a time Canada permitted international students to work over their normal work limit. She utilized it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kaydelegend01: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2023
Before our VOs go home this Friday for the weekend. There will be a lot of good testimonies here. PPRS will rain. My family own will be inclusive in Jesus name. Nothing is impossible for those that believe.

ozone0801:

You can put your passport number there

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (478) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.