Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (431769 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 11:39am On Nov 23, 2023
JMG12:
Contact any of these Canadian charter banks: RBC, Scotia Bank, TD, CIBC, or BMO. Your sponsor in Canada can assist with this. And you can PM
Can one have more than one GIC account albeit in different banks? If one has reached the 20k cad for one bank, can one open another 20k cad with another bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aameenaah: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Good morning..
Please, I’ve been seeing explain every lump sum and I’m a little confused.

1. What’s considered a lump sum?
2. When your account has been has been consistent with receiving sums like 5 million, do you still have to explain?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Educhopper:

I am applying to Saskatchewan Polytechnic, fall 2024. Course is Early Childhood Education (2 yrs). Thanks

You are good to go. You shouldn't have a problem. Sasks poly is quite easy. They do not joke with their money. Hope you've read the school fees payment terms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Morexx23:

I need response to this pls

150cad

Or
235cad if haven't done biometrics in the past
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
ChikaIJ55:
Hello everyone.

I have paid my deposit of 1,500 CAD dollars at Conestoga college and I'm currently preparing my POF.

What amount can be shown in the POF?
How did this application went>?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maxyboss212(m): 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
maxyboss212:
Guys please I need all the advice from you all before I reapply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yes, you can
DabDab:

Please, can I send you a message?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yes, I have seen people with MSc apply for a diploma program
damyzel:

thanks, JMG12,

i dont mind doing a 2years course but my case is a bit twisted. i have BSC and HND in accounting so i dont know if doing diploma will be the right thing if it is not post graduate diploma.

please advise further,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mikky099: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2023
I think you may need to submit a source of income i.e. your payslip, employment letter ETC.
You may also need to explain the lump um, ideally this should not be of any concern to the visa officer, but I see people saying to explain, you may want to do that.

Can you share your timeline.

[quote author=maxyboss212 post=127123914][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damyzel: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
JMG12:

thanks, i was just scared if it make sense.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DynamicWriter(f): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,

Please I'm a commercial student.

1. Can I study computer science or any tech course in Canada with a commercial WAEC certificate?

2. And what's the cheapest institution to study tech courses in Canada?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by koeazy14: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
JMG12:
Notarized gift deed: this should be from a notary court
Duly noted sir, I’m on it. Thank you so much for your patience and support! God bless you guys! I appreciate the help! Truly!!🙏🏾🤞🏾
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by koeazy14: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
SimpleasABC:
I used Nairaland for my whole application processing, and if people follow this thread from March 2022, you will see my comments and replies on this thread. Since I'm in Nova Scotia now, I decided to do a free self-service for people who wanted to do their own application. So I created a community, and I posted the link if you are willing to join the incoming international NS student forum. I will be there to answer all your questions.

https:///LDcS1WshPITFdTN0EHRhFU

Note, please: I'm not in any way seeking financial assistance because I have people here who have contacted me, and I took them into my apartment in Halifax without knowing them from anywhere. So this is not, in any way, a financial gain. That is why I said anyone who needs to do a self-application. I'm willing to guide you to the best of my knowledge.

Please the link isn’t opening, plus I sent you a mail already. Thank you 🙏🏾
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 00s1: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2023
Nigerian man MATHIAS OGBIJI hacks WhatsApp No. of fellow Nigerians in Canada via zoom , send scam message to many within hours in attempt to defraud them.the criminal tricks was revealed when one of the victim called the line owner directly before sending money to this criminal.

According to report , a friend who was in the zoom meeting yesterday said that many received code on their phone was prompted to send it in the zoom meeting , some did and before they knew it, the criminal has hacked their WhatsApp. Nigerians should henceforth beware of groups they joined. Also setup two way authentication on your WhatsApp to restrict anyone from accessing chats when hacked.

Efforts is being made to report this element to the Canadian and Nigerian police. GTB was notified yesterday but did nothing .

Below are the screenshots of sent to one of the victims. Kindly share and report across.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DynamicWriter(f): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
enemerci:

You are good to go. You shouldn't have a problem. Sasks poly is quite easy. They do not joke with their money. Hope you've read the school fees payment terms

Good afternoon everyone,

Please I'm a commercial student.

1. Can I study computer science or any tech course in Canada with a commercial WAEC certificate?

2. And what's the cheapest institution to study tech courses in Canada?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2023
enemerci:

Yes I saw their payment terms and also confirmed from the school. Expensive but wanna give it a try because I have a sibling who is settled in Saskatchewan province, thereby accommodation would be settled for me. Thanks a lot for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DrDax: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
Below is the response received by a friend. How does he go about challenging the verdict? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. @jmg12

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• I am not satisfied that you met the terms and conditions of the Letter of Acceptance. I am not satisfied that you have a current and valid Letter of Acceptance from a DLI. refused r216 (1)
(e)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yes, and I will advise you don't disclose the masters degree if you are going for something related to it.

JMG12:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
koeazy14:

Please the link isn’t opening, plus I sent you a mail already. Thank you 🙏🏾

No be every link una go dey click……piece of advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bouncedance: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Room to sublet in a 5BR house in London ON from Dec1,2023 to Jan 12th, 2024 for $800 at Sarnia Road. 10 mins walk to Western University.

Reach me if interested +2348113500583.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Goodnessebuka(m): 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
Goodevening everyone,I recide in Japan and I got admission at York University Canada,but I don't know how to go about the visa processing.dors anyone knows any telegram or WhatsApp group I can join??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lastbornop: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
Please has any one done Form A recently? What bank did you use and how fast was it please? 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
How much was your tuition and how much did you use for PoF?
DrDax:
Below is the response received by a friend. How does he go about challenging the verdict? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. @jmg12

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• I am not satisfied that you met the terms and conditions of the Letter of Acceptance. I am not satisfied that you have a current and valid Letter of Acceptance from a DLI. refused r216 (1)
(e)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DrDax: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
askarachi:
How much was your tuition and how much did you use for PoF?

Paid $13k out of $18k tuition.

POF is N15m.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
maxyboss212:
Guys please I need all the advice from you all before I reapply

omo, this is just too detailed.

Why is it that one needs to go through GCM before getting a detailed reason for refusal...na wa sha.

...but still, we all must japa together...if them like it or not cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sheikh007(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
DrDax:

POF is N15m.

What was your timeline up until the refusal..
what school did you apply to
Did you have the appropriate LOA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DrDax: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2023
sheikh007:

What was your timeline up until the refusal..
what school did you apply to
Did you have the appropriate LOA?

7 weeks.

Conastoga.

Yes, dated one week prior to application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
DrDax:

POF is N15m.

details you have provided in your application. How long is your study? How old are you? What was your last educational background and what is your main course of study?
details you have provided in your application. Did you explain in your SOP how your study will be of beneficial to your country of origin?
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). Who's your sponsor? What documents did you submit to explain your source of income? Do you have any assest like land, car, investment certs, treasury bill, fixed deposits?
• I am not satisfied that you met the terms and conditions of the Letter of Acceptance. I am not satisfied that you have a current and valid Letter of Acceptance from a DLI. refused r216 (1) Did you pay your tuition deposit to secure your spot and subsequently paying up the remaining balance due prior to your resumption; Which DLI number did you insert in your Imme form documnent?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by different44: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
Please do we have anyone studying in this school memorial university of Newfoundland.

I need some info regarding the fee payment and how fast the addmssion process is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DrDax: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2023
feelingmyswag:

How old are you? What was your last educational background and what is your main course of study?

[/color]BSC Computer Science.

Applied to study Process Quality Management/Project Management[color=#990000]

Did you explain in your SOP how your study will be of beneficial to your country of origin?
[/color]He wrote that he is coming back to manage his aged father's companies.[color=#990000]

What documents did you submit to explain your source of income? Do you have any assest like land, car, investment certs, treasury bill, fixed deposits?

[/color]Evidence of work as manager in one of dad's companies, investment statement, deed of gift from dad (N30m).[color=#990000]

Did you pay your tuition deposit to secure your spot and subsequently paying up the remaining balance due prior to your resumption; Which DLI number did you insert in your Imme form documnent?

[/color]13k out of 18k was paid. DLI number on LOA was used[color=#990000].
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
DrDax:

[/color]13k out of 18k was paid. DLI number on LOA was used[color=#990000].
please use normal font and stop drawing zigzag. anyway your reply didnt answer my questions. review what i wrote and answer properly.

How old are you? What was your last educational background and what is your main course of study?

BSC Computer Science.(How old are you now?)

Applied to study Process Quality Management/Project Management (what is the nature of your dads company?)I believe that the world is digital and everyone is embracing technology. Why would you deviate from a career prospect to a project management. There was no career projection.

Did you explain in your SOP how your study will be of beneficial to your country of origin?
He wrote that he is coming back to manage his aged father's companies.(This tale is weak and old, and if your dad is too old to hand over his business to associates prior to your return how would you manage it?Your dad have other companies, so how can you manage them at all time when there is no transfer of ownership, your name not listed in the memorandum of association)

What documents did you submit to explain your source of income? Do you have any assest like land, car, investment certs, treasury bill, fixed deposits?

Evidence of work as manager in one of dad's companies, investment statement, deed of gift from dad (N30m).(deed gift does it come with affidavit and is the investment statement in your name?

Did you pay your tuition deposit to secure your spot and subsequently paying up the remaining balance due prior to your resumption; Which DLI number did you insert in your Imme form documnent?

13k out of 18k was paid. DLI number on LOA was used (It doesn't matter if you pay the whole tution fee, they made it note tht if you didn't pay within the stipulated period given which is usually 1 month, your admission will be revoked find out if thats the case unless there is no way your LOA will be invalid, also were u issued Deposit receipt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Fineyemo: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Bobomaigida:

No, you can apply for the family before arriving in CAD. If you are able to show sufficient and available POF for them, you can apply.

Good day @Bobomaigida.... it's been quite remarkable what I've read on this thread since yesterday evening. I am a newbie here but confident that I'll benefit immensely from your experience if you'll be kind to share your email with me.. I have a few concerns and have lost time and resources engaging agents for over four years now... my email address is: yemilad2003b@gmail.com . Pls avail me yours for a chat to help save me further stress and time with these guys.. I truthfully don't know how to begin... thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (478) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: kimanna, Ayantunji75 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.