Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (422799 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikennaex: 5:41am On Nov 28, 2023
Please house how do i go about booking an upfront medical with IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pabu(m): 5:47am On Nov 28, 2023
ikennaex:
Please house how do i go about booking an upfront medical with IOM

You can book here:

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sakieja(f): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2023
Thank you so much

quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=127200650]

To clarify, for the diploma in agronomy program at the University of Saskatchewan, the IELTS is not a requirement for international applicants, including those from Nigeria. Instead, the university accepts the TOEFL iBT as an alternative language proficiency test.

Your brother can take the TOEFL iBT to fulfill the language proficiency requirement for his application. I would recommend him to review the specific requirements on the university's website and reach out to their admissions office for any further clarification.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Atturu: 6:40am On Nov 28, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Yes sure they offer flexible payment plan for their students. You can give it a trial.

It will end in praise
Amin o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hardeydara213(m): 6:56am On Nov 28, 2023
Good day gurus in the house.
I previously applied & my transcript came late so I missed out on the admission so I reapplied again but in the process of filling the form the payment aspect shown my previous payment so I submitted.
Now I was informed that I need a Missing document I have not submitted.. Could it be I need to repay again or what?...A bit confused 🤔

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Freeman6771: 7:10am On Nov 28, 2023
I really don’t know how some get it early and doe get it very late. I don’t understand
Johnbosco1:

Congratulations! This is so cool.
I couldn't help but notice your passport submission and date of collection was just a week. How did you speed up the process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 7:12am On Nov 28, 2023
Good day everyone,
Some amount of money was transferred to me as the next of kin of my late dad from my dad’s company. Can I use the account as POF or I should transfer the money little by little to my other account to avoid lump sum or other issue(cause I’m not the only child of my parent)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2023
enemerci:

If I were in this position these will be my consideration.

I will choose Manitoba only if I have a family or friend that can contribute to my PR process.
Other wise I will choose Alberta. Also if you both are still young and have all the time why not go for the two years. But if you are staring in your late thirties and above. Please do away with 2years course.

Simply because of PR knowing fully well that the accompanying husband would have gained 1 year working experience that will strengthen our application. Remember Alberta cut off CRS points is 300. There is no way you won't surpass 300

Secondly go to indeed.ca and search for jobs that are you and your husband can fit into. Go to the province that has the higher job opportunity in your various fields.

Lastly knowing that taxes is lower in Alberta is conclusion of the whole matter.

The whole point is aside considering the school look at which gives you the best route to permanent residency
Hope this helps.
T
Thank you for your response 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 8:21am On Nov 28, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

I totally understand your concern about your Statement of Purpose (SOP) and whether it will be convincing enough. Although, i have experienced first-hand about applicants with a BSc applying for a certificate program and got their visa approved, it's definitely possible to achieve this if you make a compelling case in your SOP.

In your SOP, focus on explaining how this certificate program aligns with your long-term career goals and how it will enhance your skills and knowledge in your desired field. Highlight the unique opportunities and resources that the Canadian institution offers, which may not be available in your home country. Emphasize how this program will contribute to your professional development and how it will ultimately benefit your career in your home country.

Remember to showcase your passion, dedication, and commitment to your field of study. Providing specific examples and experiences that demonstrate your interest and motivation can make your SOP more convincing.

While there are no guarantees in the visa application process, a well-crafted SOP that clearly articulates your goals and justifies your choice of a certificate program can positively impact your application and ultimately result in the approval of your application. Good luck, and I hope your visa application goes smoothly!

It will end in praise

Thank you so much for taking out time to explain all this to me. Hope it's okay to come to you for advice when I get to my sop stage 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2023
seawealth:

Thanks for the guide.

Please I also have some side hustles I do but the business is not registered, so is it advisable to mention such in my CV and SOP as well. I have pictures of some finished projects to show

That's great that you have some side hustles and pictures of your finished projects to showcase! While it's not necessary to mention your unregistered business in your CV or Statement of Purpose (SOP), you can definitely highlight your relevant skills and experiences gained from those side hustles.

In your CV, you can include a section for "Additional Experience" or "Freelance Work" where you can briefly mention the type of projects you've worked on and the skills you've developed. You can also include a link to an online portfolio or attach some of your project pictures.

In your SOP, you can focus on how your side hustles have helped you develop valuable skills, such as problem-solving, creativity, or entrepreneurship. You can mention specific projects you've worked on as examples of your practical experience.

Note, it's important to be honest and transparent about your experiences, but you don't need to mention the business being unregistered. Focus on highlighting the skills and accomplishments you gained from your side hustles.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with your applications!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 9:16am On Nov 28, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

That's great that you have some side hustles and pictures of your finished projects to showcase! While it's not necessary to mention your unregistered business in your CV or Statement of Purpose (SOP), you can definitely highlight your relevant skills and experiences gained from those side hustles.

In your CV, you can include a section for "Additional Experience" or "Freelance Work" where you can briefly mention the type of projects you've worked on and the skills you've developed. You can also include a link to an online portfolio or attach some of your project pictures.

In your SOP, you can focus on how your side hustles have helped you develop valuable skills, such as problem-solving, creativity, or entrepreneurship. You can mention specific projects you've worked on as examples of your practical experience.

Note, it's important to be honest and transparent about your experiences, but you don't need to mention the business being unregistered. Focus on highlighting the skills and accomplishments you gained from your side hustles.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with your applications!

It will end in praise

This is very helpful.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 9:26am On Nov 28, 2023
Greeting gurus.

My friend got a refusal,
He has received his GCMS notes.
He was solely sponsored by his cousin.

Please what do you advise in his reapplication ?

He didn't show his own finances

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2023
emmyoddy:
He said how much was the balance in your account for the family of 3

I use 19m for family of 3 and out of the 15k cad school fees have paid 10k cad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Temi475: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2023
Good day all, please how do I book an upfront medical with QLife. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by goldbim(f): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2023
Shakitibob0:
The question is how did he earn up to that amount?

Does he get monthly salary working as a pastor? You need to prove it bro
hey bro,I got your mention.i don't have access to that mail anymore...if you can drop another contact I'll reach out..Have a great day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2023
Good day everyone,
Some amount of money was transferred to me as the next of kin of my late dad from my dad’s company. Can I use the account as POF or I should transfer the money little by little to my other account to avoid lump sum or other issue( I’m not the only child of my parents). Please guys, I need your opinion or advice on this 👆
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Immacbaby: 10:28am On Nov 28, 2023
Hi guys, please I tried booking a flight for my sister with Egypt air on Wakanow and she said she received a call from Wakanow telling her that they might return her back to Nigeria at Cairo since she is with a student visa.

They told her to consider booking another flight.

Please how true is this my fellow nairalanders? Who has witnessed this recently please?

I would appreciate all your response.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2023
Mikkosh11:

I use 19m for family of 3 and out of the 15k cad school fees have paid 10k cad

You have to show 10k as living expense, additional 4k for any accompanied family member.
4*3=12k +10k =22k CAD living expense
5k balance
Total = 27k cad.
Based on oanda rate you will have 18m total.
Left with 1m equivalent to 1450 Cad.
Your transport and miscellaneous for the whole period would reduce the totL funds pushing either you are ur spouse to work in other to survive.
You need about 50m naira to scale through, you people need to stop messing up application with unprepareness of finance. Travel alone and secure spot for family members..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Immacbaby:
Hi guys, please I tried booking a flight for my sister with Egypt air on Wakanow and she said she received a call from Wakanow telling her that they might return her back to Nigeria at Cairo since she is with a student visa.

They told her to consider booking another flight.

Please how true is this my fellow nairalanders? Who has witnessed this recently please?

I would appreciate all your response.
Thank you.
Yes it have been said here.. in as much as the air-fare is low consider another route like Ethiopia or Lufthansia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 10:45am On Nov 28, 2023
Popson09:
Good day everyone,
Some amount of money was transferred to me as the next of kin of my late dad from my dad’s company. Can I use the account as POF or I should transfer the money little by little to my other account to avoid lump sum or other issue( I’m not the only child of my parents). Please guys, I need your opinion or advice on this 👆
No need to move funds around, get your statement of account, as well as your dad's company statement for citing. In your SOp explain how the funds was made and also include affidavit of sponsorship, next of kin certification, cac document of company, letter of authorisation from board of trustees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Temi475: 10:57am On Nov 28, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you so much, this was very helpful!

I completely get your concern about explaining the change in your career path from microbiology to finance in your Statement of Purpose (SOP) for the visa application. It's important to make your reasoning logical and convincing to the Visa officer.

In your SOP, you can highlight how your experience in the banking industry has provided you with valuable skills and knowledge in finance and business. You can emphasize how this experience has sparked your interest in project management, as it involves coordinating and managing various aspects of a project, just like your role as a Business Advisor for MSMEs.

You can mention that while you have a bachelor's degree in microbiology, your work experience in the banking industry has allowed you to develop a strong understanding of financial management, risk assessment, and problem-solving skills. These skills are transferable and applicable to the field of project management.

Additionally, you can explain how your background in microbiology has instilled in you a strong attention to detail, analytical thinking, and the ability to work under pressure. These qualities are highly valuable in project management, as they contribute to effective planning, organization, and successful project completion.

Overall, the key is to showcase the relevance of your past experience and how it has prepared you for the field of project management. Highlight the skills, knowledge, and qualities you have gained from your work in the banking industry and how they align with the requirements of project management.

Remember, it's important to be honest and genuine in your SOP. Be confident in explaining your career path change and how it has led you to pursue project management.

I hope this helps you with your SOP! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here. Good luck with your visa application and your studies in project management!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Internationalmu: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2023
Is it possible to get visa approved for a post graduate certificate course if you have a masters.

P.s
I already have a canada visit visa but i want to apply for a student visa. Although i have not used the visa yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Yes, it is possible
Internationalmu:
Is it possible to get visa approved for a post graduate certificate course if you have a masters.

P.s
I already have a canada visit visa but i want to apply for a student visa. Although i have not used the visa yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2023
There is no necessity to transfer funds between accounts; you can simply refer to the account statement reflecting the existing balance.

Popson09:
Good day everyone,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Fiyincious: 11:57am On Nov 28, 2023
BenYeshua:
My wife is a graduate of English education but we intend for her to go to a college in Maritoba to get a diploma in Early childhood education (2years) Please what are my chances? Do I need to indicate that she has a degree already or we should just skip that part.

We share similar situation. She is grad of edu here too and hoping to go manitoba for similar course. Let's share ideas. I will send a dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

You have to show 10k as living expense, additional 4k for any accompanied family member.
4*3=12k +10k =22k CAD living expense
5k balance
Total = 27k cad.
Based on oanda rate you will have 18m total.
Left with 1m equivalent to 1450 Cad.
Your transport and miscellaneous for the whole period would reduce the totL funds pushing either you are ur spouse to work in other to survive.
You need about 50m naira to scale through, you people need to stop messing up application with unprepareness of finance. Travel alone and secure spot for family members..

Please which exchange is 1m to 1450cad?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Does your wife have teaching experience with infants or children? If yes, then you have a good chance, but if no, then you must be convincing enough about your passion for the program and kids of such an age.
BenYeshua:
My wife is a graduate of English education but we intend for her to go to a college in Maritoba to get a diploma in Early childhood education (2years) Please what are my chances? Do I need to indicate that she has a degree already or we should just skip that part.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please if one shows a pof of 10k for 1 year living expenses while going for 2 years program. Is it required to explain how you plan to secure the one to cover for the other year. If yes, then can you explicitly say you intend to raise the living expenses for the other year by working part time during your studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
seawealth:
Please if one shows a pof of 10k for 1 year living expenses while going for 2 years program. Is it required to explain how you plan to secure the one to cover for the other year. If yes, then can you explicitly say you intend to raise the living expenses for the other year by working part time during your studies?
I will leave it for the gurus to respond but as far as I know and observed, if you indicate you plan to work to survive, it is a definite refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
danowena:

I will leave it for the gurus to respond but as far as I know and observed, if you indicate you plan to work to survive, it is a definite refusal.

I was thinking same

Just that I'm having trouble explaining how I'll get the living expenses for the second year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
seawealth:

Please which exchange is 1m to 1450cad?
Oanda is 1600 cad as today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
seawealth:

I was thinking same

Just that I'm having trouble explaining how I'll get the living expenses for the second year
You need to show sufficient fund to meet your ambition and never show any sign of support by working in host nation. What you came to do is study and not work. Becareful so as not to waste your time and energy forth and back.. find support or co-sponsorship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Fulani14 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.