Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (403043 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Sorry how many years is your program?
Mikkosh11:

I use 19m for family of 3 and out of the 15k cad school fees have paid 10k cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please I’m actively searching for accommodation around Toronto. Any help will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good evening my senior colleagues.
My school sent me a mail today requesting LOI or my Visa and I am still waiting for the approval because it's about 5th weeks ago now that I submitted my application and yet to get a feedback although I have done the biometrics.
My school gave me ultimatum of 4th of December to get back to them or they defer my admission to next intake time.

What should I do now as I am at a cross road.

Response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by palfyinsight: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good day guys, Please can someone refresh my memory on how to submit passport after approval. Bio-metrics done in Abuja.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
austino677:
please which platform is authentic to calculate pof Oanda or IRCC platform?

When it comes to calculating Proof of Funds (POF) for your visa application, it's always best to rely on the official platform provided by the immigration authority, in this case, the IRCC platform. They have specific guidelines and requirements for calculating POF, so using their platform ensures that you're following the correct process. While Oanda is a reputable platform for currency exchange rates, it's not specifically designed for POF calculations. So, stick with the IRCC platform to ensure accuracy and compliance with their guidelines.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊📊

It will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
kellartemmy:
Please I have a question sir/ma, did you paid an initial deposit during your processing?
Yes I did, I even paid a year's school fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by amreal7: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please what is the cost of medicals, biometrics/ visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajapson1: 5:36am On Nov 29, 2023
Good Day everyone, I intend to travel to Durham college by early December for my jan program, please I am searching for someone looking for a roommate close to Durham college, pls it's urgent as I intend traveling in less than 10 days. Help a brother pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajapson1: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2023
Please anyone traveling to Durham college from Nigeria by December
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mbapelvis: 6:37am On Nov 29, 2023
@everyone

Please I'm a civil servant in my country and have been waiting to ask this qn
Must I present a study leave from the govt or authorization to leave the country as one of the documents?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Holywizard: 7:30am On Nov 29, 2023
My passport is remaining like a year and 10 months to expire and my study program is for 2 years.

If I'm to asked to submit my passport within 30days of the letter, can I rush and get a new passport within few days to submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2023
Holywizard:
My passport is remaining like a year and 10 months to expire and my study program is for 2 years.

If I'm to asked to submit my passport within 30days of the letter, can I rush and get a new passport within few days to submit?
Your passport is still valid. You can use it. Unless less 6months...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2023
It is crucial that you get a study leave letter from your employer if you are a public worker intending to travel to Canada for academic purposes. For the period of your temporary study stay in Canada, this letter is official proof stating you have been granted permission to take a leave of absence from your public service obligations.
mbapelvis:
@everyone

Please I'm a civil servant in my country and have been waiting to ask this qn
Must I present a study leave from the govt or authorization to leave the country as one of the documents?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2023
Yes, you can get a new passport iff you can get it within the stipulated time
Holywizard:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by koeazy14: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2023
Good morning house,
Please I’d like to know, how important is Police certification? Please anyone it’s a bit urgent. Would you suggest I get a police certificate??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2023
koeazy14:
Good morning house,
Please I’d like to know, how important is Police certification? Please anyone it’s a bit urgent. Would you suggest I get a police certificate??

Police Character Certificate is not necessary for Study permit application from Nigeria.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Holywizard: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Your passport is still valid. You can use it. Unless less 6months...
that is what my agent said.

Check this out although this is not for me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by samefiok(m): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2023
JMG12:
It is crucial that you get a study leave letter from your employer if you are a public worker intending to travel to Canada for academic purposes. For the period of your temporary study stay in Canada, this letter is official proof stating you have been granted permission to take a leave of absence from your public service obligations.

Can this also be applied if one is employed at a CAC Registered Business
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by samefiok(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2023
EyesonJC:
You can add bank statements too

Is bank statements needed if Tuition fee deposit is made & POF Is in a GIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lovebuddy: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2023
Good morning
Anyone doing bsc nursing in Canada ?
I have hnd in public administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2023
Please where can one purchase a GIC and is it recommended to do so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2023
Hi those this mean I don't need a medical if it stated NO on the country am applying from and lived for more than six months?

Someone should clarify me on this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gbolonzoe: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2023
IMRANstores:
Hello everyone

Please is anyone here in Red River College Winnipeg

I want to connect on WhatsApp

Hi i will be studying at redriver jan 202;4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zannix(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pls guys is Form A still working?

I've paid tuition deposit...can I use form A for the rest of my tuition?

September 2024 intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Zannix:
Pls guys is Form A still working?

I've paid tuition deposit...can I use form A for the rest of my tuition?

September 2024 intake.
Yes you can provided that you have been approved, you can file for it whilst in Canada too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphy82: 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hello,
Please am looking for a guidance on cheap schools on accelerated Nursing program in Canada with postgraduate work permit. Please it's urgent, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Iphy82:
Hello,
Please am looking for a guidance on cheap schools on accelerated Nursing program in Canada with postgraduate work permit. Please it's urgent, thanks
Check some at colleges.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
kc6964:
Hi those this mean I don't need a medical if it stated NO on the country am applying from and lived for more than six months?

Someone should clarify me on this
Albania I presume is ur country of residue. If yes then you don't need medicals provided you have lived in the country for more than 6 months and having a valid residential permit and address.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphy82: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Am facing a serious dilemma on choosing an accelerated nursing program and B.Sc in nursing for visa approval. Am already a registered nurse in Nigeria with diploma in nursing. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ozone0801(m): 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Is there anyone going to Fleming college, frost campus in lindsay for January 24.
Or someone that's a student there already?
Everyone I've been seeing going to Fleming college are either going to peterborough or toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Temi475: 1:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hello, if I have a sibling in Europe? do I need to mention her location in my Sop when talking about family ties, if I conceal it , can IRCC do a background check to discover where my sibling stay and will it be an issue if I do not state it in my SOP that she is abroad. I want to give the impression that all my siblings are here in Nigeria to prove family ties. I look forward to your advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Unkissme: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2023
Okay,It's PPR alert guys!!! So in May 3rd 2023,my first visa application was refused,I used an agent. So in June 2023,part 22 of this thread,I came here to get ways to tackle the V.Os concern and so many people responded,but I specifically thank Zubireta and Francophone who I personally contacted and they gave me advice on how to tackle it. I also used help from people outside this forum and submitted again Sept 22nd 2023..... Been waiting since then,and bout an hour ago, Boom!! I sincerely want to appreciate Zubireta, francophone n all who gave me suggestions on that day,may God bless you big for me. I did it myself this time,wrote my SOP from what I was told to do and from Segun(God bless you bro) and PRAYED tirelessly for 2months. Omo!!! God is faithful Frfr. I'll be here to answer any questions you would want me to answer to assist with ur application by God's grace. My resumption is January. To all waiting for PPR,I pray yours come very very soon. Omo!! Guys, undermine the typos,I'm actually shaking while typing. ✌️

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Ajebogirl, Lance008(m), GENUINEFILMS, clemosa and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.