Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (447303 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by techgen(m): 6:09pm On Feb 17
Well done baba…great share!!!
Thank you✅

JapaPrince:
POST-GRADUATE WORK PERMITS (PGWP)

A. From February 15th, any international student that attends a University and obtains a Master's degree even if it is less than 2 years, will now be eligible to get a 3-year PGWP.

B. International students who attend Public post-secondary colleges are still eligible for PGWP.

C. New International students who will be attending Public-Private post-secondary Colleges will not be eligible for PGWP (this will be effective from Sept 2024)

D. International students who graduate from Public post-secondary Colleges for a 1-year program are eligible for 1 year PGWP.

E. International students who graduate from Public post-secondary Colleges for a 2-year or more program are eligible for a 3-year PGWP.

What is important is to know if a school is a Public Post-Secondary school or it's a Private Post Secondary School or Public-Private post-secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by deking(m): 10:11pm On Feb 17
That Non SOWP for Public colleges is a bit aggressive sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 11:12pm On Feb 17
JMG12:
Good morning to you
1. You can only do that if you contact a supervisor who is willing to work with you, but getting their attention is not easy you can try your luck. if not you are not qualified to apply for an MSc as you do not meet the requirements based on your class of graduation. so kindly apply to College
2. Yes, you are allowed to work 20hrs/week
3 & 4. Yes, but the rules have changed still waiting for the final decision if a spouse can join on a work permit or visiting, but your kids can accompany you on a study permit and visiting depend on their age

Hope this answers your query!

Please your answer to 3/4 does that means you can’t travel again with your spouse and what visa can your spouse come with. Because I am applying for msc and I plan to go with my husband and my little less than a year baby. So they can’t travel with me. Is that what you mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 11:23pm On Feb 17
JapaPrince:
SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT (SOWP)

Changes to this will be in the coming weeks as stated by the IRCC bulletin of February 5th.

A. International students studying at a University for either Master's or Doctoral programs are still and will continue to be eligible to bring their spouses via SOWP.

B. In the coming weeks International students applying to Public post-secondary colleges will not be eligible to bring their spouses hence, no SOWP.

C. In the coming weeks International students applying to Public-Private post-secondary colleges will not be eligible to bring their spouses hence, no SOWP. (Reminder, students in this category they will also not be eligible for PGWP).

Pls sir base on this things you listed and said pls is Conestoga College university for someone doing masters program a good place to study and also bring his spouse and child up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrobiwills: 11:38pm On Feb 17
Does this SOWP rule affect those whose application has already been approved by IRCC..i ask because my SOWP application was approved together with my spouse's SP..but my passport is yet to be stamped.
kamaladejoke:

Pls sir base on this things you listed and said pls is Conestoga College university for someone doing masters program a good place to study and also bring his spouse and child up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrobiwills: 11:39pm On Feb 17
techgen:
Well Does this SOWP rule affect those whose application has already been approved by IRCC..i ask because my SOWP application was approved together with my spouse's SP..but my passport is yet to be stamped. baba…great share!!!
Thank you✅

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 11:53pm On Feb 17
Mrobiwills:
Does this SOWP rule affect those whose application has already been approved by IRCC..i ask because my SOWP application was approved together with my spouse's SP..but my passport is yet to be stamped.
Actually it has no affect now or in the future, Incase of extension in Canada ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 12:34am On Feb 18
kamaladejoke:

Please your answer to 3/4 does that means you can’t travel again with your spouse and what visa can your spouse come with. Because I am applying for msc and I plan to go with my husband and my little less than a year baby. So they can’t travel with me. Is that what you mean
The rule on SOWP eligibility is yet to be updated by IRCC ..not in effect at the moment.
What is holding applications down at the moment is province attestation letter(PAL)..excluding master's, doctoral and professional degree programs that doesn't need it..
When in effect only those on master's and doctorate /professional degree granting programs will be eligible for SOWP..and in Canada permit extensions for holders of SOWP

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 12:50am On Feb 18
Predator188:

The rule on SOWP eligibility is yet to be updated by IRCC ..not in effect at the moment.
What is holding applications down at the moment is province attestation letter(PAL)..excluding master's, doctoral and professional degree programs that doesn't need it..
When in effect only those on master's and doctorate /professional degree granting programs will be eligible for SOWP..and in Canada permit extensions for holders of SOWP

Ok thanks for your swift response darling.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Am08020407288b: 7:15am On Feb 18
Hello good morning all
Second time applicants
My application is over 4month since last year September 2nd no update December 22nd I was told to send my updated pof and updated admission before 6th of January which I did
And since then nothing again though have raise web form once early February since then nothing again my starting date is September 2024
What can I still do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Allschoolsinfo: 11:12am On Feb 18
JMG12:
Good morning to you
1. You can only do that if you contact a supervisor who is willing to work with you, but getting their attention is not easy you can try your luck. if not you are not qualified to apply for an MSc as you do not meet the requirements based on your class of graduation. so kindly apply to College
2. Yes, you are allowed to work 20hrs/week
3 & 4. Yes, but the rules have changed still waiting for the final decision if a spouse can join on a work permit or visiting, but your kids can accompany you on a study permit and visiting depend on their age

Hope this answers your query!

Thank you very much and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 11:51am On Feb 18
Am08020407288b:
Hello good morning all
Second time applicants
My application is over 4month since last year September 2nd no update December 22nd I was told to send my updated pof and updated admission before 6th of January which I did
And since then nothing again though have raise web form once early February since then nothing again my starting date is September 2024
What can I still do

Good thing is your resumption time is still far. You might need to call them to ascertain what is causing the delay. You might want to also explore reaching out to the MP covering the area your school is located so she/he can you get in touch with IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TomisinFemi: 1:17pm On Feb 18
Badadvisor:

Are you going alone or with family?
If alone it's surprising 28m isn't enough for pof

Alone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 5:50pm On Feb 18
The new SOWP policy will likely affect only those applying to Colleges, not MSc. They can join you.
kamaladejoke:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 5:52pm On Feb 18
Not it doesn't affect those who already got their approval or who have already submitted their application i.e awaiting approval[quote author=Mrobiwills post=128509391][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anthone555: 6:15pm On Feb 18
Hello Nairalanders,

I really need some clarifications.

My fiancé has a Master admission in Canada.
We were planning to get married in May this year so that he can file his application as a married man to make it easy for me to join him afterwards, but because of time, we decided to apply for his as “single” but will be married before he travels if his visa is approved.

Here is my question/confusion:
1). How easy will it be for me to join him? Will I need to stay up to a year or more before joining him?

2). After the marriage in May, will it be easier or faster if we submit the marriage documents to the embassy as a separate application document as prove that we are now married before he travels? (Note: Visa is approved as Single)

What step would you advise we take in order for us to be in Canada together as soon as possible?

I await your kind response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 6:43pm On Feb 18
You don’t need to rush your application, I advise you get married first and apply as couples. That will be more easier to convince the VO. My advise!!!

Anthone555:
Hello Nairalanders,

We were planning to get married in May this year so that he can file his application as a married man to make it easy for me to join him afterwards, but because of time, we decided to apply for his as “single” but will be married before he travels if his visa is approved.

1). How easy will it be for me to join him? Will I need to stay up to a year or more before joining him?

2). After the marriage in May, will it be easier or faster if we submit the marriage documents to the embassy as a separate application document as prove that we are now married before he travels? (Note: Visa is approved as Single)

What step would you advise we take in order for us to be in Canada together as soon as possible?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anthone555: 6:57pm On Feb 18
evansky:
You don’t need to rush your application, I advise you get married first and apply as couples. That will be more easier to convince the VO. My advise!!!

Thank you very much for your response.
Is May too late to fill for the visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by darasire: 6:57pm On Feb 18
my family gcn-note is out,i didn't want to used agent again i want to reapply myself. someone should pls assist me on the additional document need for this refusal reason.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 7:02pm On Feb 18
When is the program starting?

Anthone555:

Thank you very much for your response.
Is May too late to fill for the visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18
darasire:
my family gcn-note is out,i didn't want to used agent again i want to reapply myself. someone should pls assist me on the additional document need for this refusal reason.

Was it salary or business you submitted as a source of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anthone555: 7:18pm On Feb 18
evansky:
When is the program starting?

September this year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 7:24pm On Feb 18
Anthone555:

September this year

There’s still time, you just need enough funds and also do your medical upfront.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 7:33pm On Feb 18
From the Visa officer's remark, it is obvious your application lacks documentation to back your financial status, a full detail of the documents submitted in the first application will be required before reapplying so that one can guide you properly on the right documents.
darasire:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anthone555: 7:33pm On Feb 18
evansky:

There’s still time, you just need enough funds and also do your medical upfront.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mutantxcrypto: 9:00pm On Feb 18
Hello house. Can I use a very close friend as a sponsor for my visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18
Good day guys am about to start my Canadian study journey, and I have some questions about finances.
How will I show means of financial proof as I am young and saving through trading forex because my parents don't have the big account size, and how am I going to prepare the statement of account.
And also means of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 9:36pm On Feb 18
Anthone555:
Hello Nairalanders,

For question (2) you may need to provide evidence that you are engaged in a genuine relationship before visa is approved...
Example of evidence as in common law relationship..

Visa officer can say you got married few months after visa was approved and for visa purpose only, just to be eligible for spouse open work permit..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 9:23am On Feb 19
Please gurus in the house I need your
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 10:04am On Feb 19
Baloemmy23:
Good evening nairalanders,Please can anyone enlightening me about asylum , please I want to know if it's good for me to seek asylum when I get to canada

Abort this mission!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damyzel: 10:26am On Feb 19
Japaprince,

Please, this item B.... In the coming weeks. when actually is this coming weeks effective (SOWP). is like there is no clearance on it yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (485) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: Dodieeee, Wonder1844(m), Olaoke16(m), Khamon, Predator188 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.