Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (422969 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CarpricornPratt: 6:15pm On Feb 16
JMG12:
Yes, send it to both Kenya and London they will respond, hope the delay turns into testimony for you.

Hi @JMG12 please I sent you a message here and on Instagram. Please do you think I should add some more money to my POF and send a webform with the new update.. I submitted my study permit application Dec 23 and did biometrics Jan 5. Then the exchange rate was about 650, now the exchange rate has doubled.. I submitted $53,000 ( I am going alone, I am not married , 18k for tuition and 24k for living expenses, as my program is 14months , leaving me with $10k extra to spare) but now with this volatile exchange rate my POF has depreciated in value to $32k (so technically does not cover my living expenses and tuition anymore) . My application is 8weeks now, and the only thing showing is Biometrics and Background check -IN PROGRESS, Eligibility and Medical says -NOT STARTED.. I am really worried, do I put more cash in my account and send a webform with the new statement balance?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dan1936: 6:16pm On Feb 16
Bunki3:
I applied December 7th and am still waiting… do the maths

Oh wow, has your medical changed yet ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by techgen(m): 6:27pm On Feb 16
Did they ask you to do medicals or you decided to do upfront medicals??

And again, what date did you do your biometrics?

Dan1936:
Hello, please how long does it now take to get a response for study permit?

I submitted my application January 12th and did my medical January 30th, my medical started showing passed from February 14th and I am wondering how long it will take for me to get a response. ( I sent my medical through webform)

I will really appreciate an answer as I have March 1st as deadline to give my school an update.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dan1936: 6:36pm On Feb 16
techgen:
Did they ask you to do medicals or you decided to do upfront medicals??

And again what date did you do your medicals?

I decided to do upfront medical and I did it on the 30th of January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by techgen(m): 6:38pm On Feb 16
Dan1936:

I decided to do upfront medical and I did it on the 30th of January

I meant to ask, when did you do your biometric, after you submitted your application…before the medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dan1936: 6:52pm On Feb 16
techgen:

I meant to ask, when did you do your biometric, after you submitted your application…before the medicals.

I did my biometrics two days after and my medical on the 30th then on the 14th of February it showed medical passed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by excel1960(f): 7:40pm On Feb 16
Good evening All..
I'm in a state of confusion right now.
My resumption is 25th of March and I am yet to apply for visa due to the new Attestation rule. Who have applied for Visa recently?
Can I go ahead with my application? I have done medical.
Please advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 7:56pm On Feb 16
Dan1936:
Hello, please how long does it now take to get a response for study permit?

I submitted my application January 12th and did my medical January 30th, my medical started showing passed from February 14th and I am wondering how long it will take for me to get a response. ( I sent my medical through webform)

I will really appreciate an answer as I have March 1st as deadline to give my school an update.

Thank you

There is no time frame for a response from IRCC on your application. However, the present processing time is 10 weeks which is beyond 1st March based on your application date.

You could be lucky to receive a decision earlier before the stated processing time (10 weeks).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 8:22pm On Feb 16
If your full tuition is 18k plus 10k living expenses because you submitted before January 1st. I think you still have some spare cash left. It’s just a thoughtful thought. I might be wrong.

CarpricornPratt:

Hi @JMG12 please I sent you a message here and on Instagram. Please do you think I should add some more money to my POF and send a webform with the new update.. I submitted my study permit application Dec 23 and did biometrics Jan 5. Then the exchange rate was about 650, now the exchange rate has doubled.. I submitted $53,000 ( I am going alone, I am not married , 18k for tuition and 24k for living expenses, as my program is 14months , leaving me with $10k extra to spare) but now with this volatile exchange rate my POF has depreciated in value to $32k (so technically does not cover my living expenses and tuition anymore) . My application is 8weeks now, and the only thing showing is Biometrics and Background check -IN PROGRESS, Eligibility and Medical says -NOT STARTED.. I am really worried, do I put more cash in my account and send a webform with the new statement balance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Showpizzle: 9:03pm On Feb 16
Been a while we see a ppr post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by deking(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16
harmonyedu:
Hello all,
I need an advise, my wife got admission at lakeland college for a 2 year Diploma in Early Childhood education.
She is a BSc graduate in Education and has been a teacher in the last 5 years

Now that there is no more SOWP, can she go alone with our two kids, while i apply for a visit visa to go and visit them and return.
I did not intend to stay as my business is better off here in Nigeria.

Also i transfer 35,000 GBP which is equivalent to 62,000 CAD and she have 4m naira for POF and we have also paid her full tuition fee of 18,000 CAD.

i am also sending my personal pounds bank statement and my company pounds bank statement as part of her financial documents

My wife has also been to the UK last month as part of travel history and i have proof of my sources of income.

Does she stand a chance of getting the visa with the 2 kids?

Kindly advise me pls.

Thanks

I think once you can provide the necessary documentation of the pof, you should be good to go

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by techgen(m): 9:35pm On Feb 16
Dan1936:

I did my biometrics two days after and my medical on the 30th then on the 14th of February it showed medical passed

If your medicals has showned passed…that means response is around the corner.

Have faith ✌🏽
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 12:26am On Feb 17
Thank you.

I think once you can provide the necessary documentation of the pof, you should be good to go[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chinaza93(f): 12:27am On Feb 17
My husband’s second application is also on d 23 of December and jus biometrics completed wit background check in progress jus d same tin wit urs

M
CarpricornPratt:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 5:58am On Feb 17
you don't, have to be worried about the present exchange rate, once your POF at the time of submission is enough, then all is fine. I made similar inquiry about my spouse application and @JMG12 responded with this same response. I wanted to raise a webform initially till I got the advice here not to worry about it. so be calm

CarpricornPratt:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Allschoolsinfo: 6:50am On Feb 17
Please I need answers to these questions:

1. I'm a Chemistry Education graduate with 2.2 (3.26/5.00), do I stand a chance of being admitted for masters anywhere in Canada?

2. Are Post graduates students allowed to work in Canada?

3. Are post graduate students allowed to come with spouse/family/dependant?

4. Are the dependants allowed to work?

5. If yes to question 1, please can you suggest a/some universities.

Thank you and God bless you as you do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackfinegirl(f): 8:46am On Feb 17
Regarding pof, i think everyone should just convert their naira to usd if you have plans to apply in the future. No one should keep their savings in naira anymore

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:37am On Feb 17
You can't apply if you fall in the category of those who will need an attestation letter, you should contact the school and defer your admission to Sept because you won't be able to meet up.
excel1960:
Good evening All..
I'm in a state of confusion right now.
My resumption is 25th of March and I am yet to apply for visa due to the new Attestation rule. Who have applied for Visa recently?
Can I go ahead with my application? I have done medical.
Please advise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:43am On Feb 17
Good morning to you
1. You can only do that if you contact a supervisor who is willing to work with you, but getting their attention is not easy you can try your luck. if not you are not qualified to apply for an MSc as you do not meet the requirements based on your class of graduation. so kindly apply to College
2. Yes, you are allowed to work 20hrs/week
3 & 4. Yes, but the rules have changed still waiting for the final decision if a spouse can join on a work permit or visiting, but your kids can accompany you on a study permit and visiting depend on their age

Hope this answers your query!
Allschoolsinfo:
Please I need answers to these questions:

1. I'm a Chemistry Education graduate with 2.2 (3.26/5.00), do I stand a chance of being admitted for masters anywhere in Canada?

2. Are Post graduates students allowed to work in Canada?

3. Are post graduate students allowed to come with spouse/family/dependant?

4. Are the dependants allowed to work?

5. If yes to question 1, please can you suggest a/some universities.

Thank you and God bless you as you do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:47am On Feb 17
Okay, I have responded to both.
CarpricornPratt:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OralBoy: 9:49am On Feb 17
Hi Guys, I just saw a post on Twitter about someone who was almost not allowed to board their flight on Lufthansa last night because someone outside the country purchased their ticket for them. This has me terrified because it was my brother in the UK that purchased my ticket for me and I honestly do not want to have that experience.

Has anyone had this experience before and is there a way to avoid having issues with the airline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by monsterg(m): 11:39am On Feb 17
Good Morning everyone, I greet you all, Please is there any Trent University student or applicants that have successfully applied via OUAC? Please I need help, I'm on my application and facing little challenge. Thank you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 12:12pm On Feb 17
Please I will like to know if there is anyone going to Calgary (Alberta) to begin their studies in September 2024 or is there is a group for people going to Calgary this September. I will like to join. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 12:19pm On Feb 17
Have you received PPR?

jayciekey:
Please I will like to know if there is anyone going to Calgary (Alberta) to begin their studies in September 2024 or is there is a group for people going to Calgary this September. I will like to join. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 12:38pm On Feb 17
I did mine myself without paying any lawyer. I only used a sample gift deed to draft mine. My visa application is approved tho

Teettyllayho:

I was wondering too o. 100k kwa? Did mine for 15k in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 2:34pm On Feb 17
Gotten my visa already.

John39swill:
Have you received PPR?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 4:07pm On Feb 17
There's been a lot of changes happening recently with Canadian Immigration.

And there has been some miscommunication and watered-down info passed around regarding some policies.

Here are things you need to know about 🇨🇦 immigration based on recently announced policies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 4:08pm On Feb 17
For context, there are two types of post-secondary schools in Canada:

1. Universities
2. Colleges and institutes

These post-secondary schools can either be a:

1. Public
2. Private or
3. Public-Private set up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 4:08pm On Feb 17
PROVINCIAL ATTESTATION LETTERS (PAL)

A. From January 22nd, international students who will be attending post-secondary schools will now need a Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL) from a province/territory.

B. PAL should be ready and available from March 31st to students who have admissions. Provinces/Territories and post-secondary schools will determine how to allocate their PALs to international students.

C. Based on internal Memos going around in schools, PAL priority will be given based on students who have paid tuition/tuition deposits.

D. Masters or Doctoral students will not be needing PAL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 4:09pm On Feb 17
POST-GRADUATE WORK PERMITS (PGWP)

A. From February 15th, any international student that attends a University and obtains a Master's degree even if it is less than 2 years, will now be eligible to get a 3-year PGWP.

B. International students who attend Public post-secondary colleges are still eligible for PGWP.

C. New International students who will be attending Public-Private post-secondary Colleges will not be eligible for PGWP (this will be effective from Sept 2024)

D. International students who graduate from Public post-secondary Colleges for a 1-year program are eligible for 1 year PGWP.

E. International students who graduate from Public post-secondary Colleges for a 2-year or more program are eligible for a 3-year PGWP.

What is important is to know if a school is a Public Post-Secondary school or it's a Private Post Secondary School or Public-Private post-secondary school.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 4:09pm On Feb 17
SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT (SOWP)

Changes to this will be in the coming weeks as stated by the IRCC bulletin of February 5th.

A. International students studying at a University for either Master's or Doctoral programs are still and will continue to be eligible to bring their spouses via SOWP.

B. In the coming weeks International students applying to Public post-secondary colleges will not be eligible to bring their spouses hence, no SOWP.

C. In the coming weeks International students applying to Public-Private post-secondary colleges will not be eligible to bring their spouses hence, no SOWP. (Reminder, students in this category they will also not be eligible for PGWP).

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abuprincewill: 4:24pm On Feb 17
Good day, Please I am looking for people who are applying to university of Regina in Canada for MSc. Please I want to be added to the whatsapp or telegram group. Please Message me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.