Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,933 members, 7,859,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (458297 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 11:28am On Feb 20
Morexx23:
The wait is not for the faint hearted chaiiiiii, make God help oooooo let’s it end in praises 🙏🙏🙏
I swear I de check my mail every two seconds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 12:30pm On Feb 20
Which Canada collage can I apply with waec for 2yr program
Please house help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20
Which should I go for
Am confused
Need a low tuition

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 1:41pm On Feb 20
Lance008:
Which should I go for
Am confused
Need a low tuition

Nova Scotia community college. Fees around 11k a year for tuition and other fees. Others you have there is above 15k+ plus other fees which is around 2k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 1:49pm On Feb 20
Oiza131:
Hi everyone. I’m new to this thread. I want to pursue a msc degree in Canada. Can someone help recommend a school that’s not too expensive and little or no application fee. I really dont know how to start and proceed and I don’t want to go through agent for fear of being scammed.

Hello,

If you're going for master's program it means you have atleast second class upper, i would recommend you have the following in mind.

Since the chance of securing scholarship is high when going for MSC, look at for scholols that have lecuters doing the research that resonates with your research area and not justa cheap school. Then bombard the lectures with emails that you would like to be in their resesech team. Note is not easy to get a reply. So keep your academic resume and transcript ready and don't relent.

Then if you're asking for cheap school( that means you want to go for course based master's), have it in mind that the cheapest is memorial ( but note that it depends on the course you're going for). Some memorial university courses are around 28k for the two years. Next school in line is university of Saskatchewan. An average tuition in that school has increased to around 14k -15 ( for the 2 years program).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 1:53pm On Feb 20
stluke:
good day
Which one is advisable to submit as a source for proof of funds.
Salary or business?

Both if they are your source of proof of fund. Remember when it comes to proof of fund, please let all applicant not allow the VO to have these words pop up in his head "HOW COME" and "WHAT IF". From here, the vo draw any conclusion he/she likes. And with all this policies everywhere, please when it comes to proof of fund and its source, don't play with it. Submit all documents

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 1:55pm On Feb 20
Baloemmy23:
Good afternoon Gurus please I want to know the reguirement needed to apply for a study visa in Canada, and also a Canada university that doesn't require ielts. Thank you

You don't need ielts as a Nigerian. Then kindly go to the first page and read everything to understand the study route. Then come back with other questions you might be confused at.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 1:57pm On Feb 20
Am08020407288b:
Hello good morning all
Second time applicants
My application is over 4month since last year September 2nd no update December 22nd I was told to send my updated pof and updated admission before 6th of January which I did
And since then nothing again though have raise web form once early February since then nothing again my starting date is September 2024
What can I still do

Hello,

Kindly apply for gcms note to note the status of your application or better still track it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stluke(m): 4:40pm On Feb 20
Ketima:

Both if they are your source of proof of fund. Remember when it comes to proof of fund, please let all applicant not allow the VO to have these words pop up in his head "HOW COME" and "WHAT IF". From here, the vo draw any conclusion he/she likes. And with all this policies everywhere, please when it comes to proof of fund and its source, don't play with it. Submit all documents

Thank you
thanks brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by techgen(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20
Am08020407288b:

Thanks boss God bless you so much I have already send him the documents new pof and update admission letter and receipt which I did and he told me he has uploaded it.
Have asked him several times for my login which he fail to give me.. I order my Gcms note the first time refusal which I sent to him so he can work on up till now he said I should hold on that the vo might think my starting date is far since is fall.
At this point am tired

Bro. It’s obvious something is fishing about the agent, that he is trying to cone from you.
Why on earth will he advise you to hold on because your resumption is far…when it’s the earlier the better because of booking of flight ticket.

You gat pressure that agent oh….your destiny is in your hand and you’ve to be the pilot.

On the other hand, try and see…if you can use your previous details to track the application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 7:41pm On Feb 20
Please how long does eligibility review take?🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 8:00pm On Feb 20
Have u been notified about eligibility review??

DMCY:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jadue(f): 8:06pm On Feb 20
Please I have a question. My passport expires in september 2024 this year and I have done capturing for new one. My school is in quebec and I need CAQ in order to apply for study permit. Can I snap my old passport page and send to them for CAQ while waiting for my new passport, when my new passport arrives I will use it for Study Permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jadue(f): 8:19pm On Feb 20
John39swill:
Yeah, there is

Hello have you been able to get CAQ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 8:34pm On Feb 20
John39swill:
Have u been notified about eligibility review??

I wasn’t notified at all, just checked my portal and I saw eligibility review in progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 8:37pm On Feb 20
DMCY:

Eligibility review last from the moment the visa officer opens your application for review to when he/she finishes. Some can be a day, some days, others weeks and months. So just pray yours don't take long.

What happens is that sometimes, eligibility review maybe concluded but not updated in the portal for some days and even weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ketima: 8:45pm On Feb 20
Am08020407288b:

Thanks boss God bless you so much I have already send him the documents new pof and update admission letter and receipt which I did and he told me he has uploaded it.
Have asked him several times for my login which he fail to give me.. I order my Gcms note the first time refusal which I sent to him so he can work on up till now he said I should hold on that the vo might think my starting date is far since is fall.
At this point am tired

Hello,

So sorry for this. The fact remains you can't have access to your application unless the agent gives you the login details.

Now i don't know what advice to give but to ask you if for sure you're certain he submitted the application for you? Cos since you already had an application denied before, meaning you didn't do any biometrics, hence can't tell if you have an application running or long denied?

Also, it is important that if anyone must use an agent, please that agent MUST use the applicants email and the log in details must be given to the applicant. As a matter of fact, applicant should create the account, give the agent the log in details to upload all necessary documents of which afterward the applicant will take over the application check and monitor.

Any agent who doesn't agree to this term, kindly run. Going ahead with such agent is at your detriment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 9:42pm On Feb 20
Ketima:

Eligibility review last from the moment the visa officer opens your application for review to when he/she finishes. Some can be a day, some days, others weeks and months. So just pray yours don't take long.

What happens is that sometimes, eligibility review maybe concluded but not updated in the portal for some days and even weeks.

Ok, thanks a lot 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Arctope: 9:53pm On Feb 20
My wife just graduated and her certificate and statememt of result is not out. I want to process her sowp visa asap because of this new policy, and can't wait for this useless nigeria university get the certificate/statement of result ready.... can i use a "to whom it may concern letter from her school" to process her canada sowp visa Will this fly?

Is her certificate very important to process her sowp?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by samefiok(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20
Good evening everyone,just found Humber College for a possible PG Certificate of 1 year for $6300, now my question is my Bsc & work experience correlates with the PGC but would like to know Humber college acceptance rate & Canada current Living expenses required bank balance for 1year study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 10:43pm On Feb 20
Yes, I received on the 19th of January

Jadue:

Hello have you been able to get CAQ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nonino: 1:15am On Feb 21
Greetings my great people May God bless you all amen

I want to know how much is ticket from Nigeria to ontaro canada and which Airway is advisable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 1:20am On Feb 21
Hello please is there anyone going to Calgary this September? Or attending Bow Valley college this september? I will like to be connected. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oppemipo(m): 1:55am On Feb 21
Good evening @all,

Please I have some questions to ask regarding study permit application.

1. Do IRCC still have official rate for the proof of fund or what? I have checked their website and it is no longer there.

2. What is the current amount in CAD for the accompany spouse livingexpenses. Initially, it used to be $5,000 when the student living expenses was $10,000 and that of the children?

I will appreciate your contributions, please.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shupy: 3:24am On Feb 21
I just want to share the image below. Gone are the days when being an international student graduate almost certainly led to PR. Things have changed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 6:11am On Feb 21
Jadue:
Please I have a question. My passport expires in september 2024 this year and I have done capturing for new one. My school is in quebec and I need CAQ in order to apply for study permit. Can I snap my old passport page and send to them for CAQ while waiting for my new passport, when my new passport arrives I will use it for Study Permit.
CAQ don’t take long the last time I applied but if you are in a hurry. You can use your old passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 6:12am On Feb 21
shupy:
I just want to share the image below. Gone are the days when being an international student graduate almost certainly led to PR. Things have changed.
Everything has changed is now a rat race

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 6:25am On Feb 21
I wish everyone good luck as you try to escape the colossal Mess caused by our politicians aided by our elites.
If you were part of those who collected money to sell out the destiny of Nigeria in the last Election.
May God give you a chance to right your wrongs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jadue(f): 7:01am On Feb 21
JapaPrince:

CAQ don’t take long the last time I applied but if you are in a hurry. You can use your old passport
Please are you really sure of this because of the expiry date and my course is a 2 years course even though I have applied for a new one

Also could gift deed money be submitted from 2 differnt persons I.e my 2 brothers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 7:04am On Feb 21
Yes o my brother, use the old one since its validity is still more than 6 months, mine will expire by November, but i still used it to get my CAQ

Jadue:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 7:07am On Feb 21
@Jadue, I will honestly advise you completely relax and wait for the new passport, it's already too close, if you have used it earlier, let's say applying with it around December, it would have been fine

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (491) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: Ronaldoguy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.