Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,175 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? (1220 Views)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

If a thief says your life or your money, whatever option you pick, is it voluntarily? Is it of your own freewill?
Or your options are determined by the consequences?

Which ever one you chose is still your choice. You can decide to let them take the money to save your life. Dem no use juju to make you decide am. You made the choice. You still do not understand that definition.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

When did prior cause turn to consequences? My brother what that definition is saying is that one's decisions is not based on pre-determination. Eg, you set your alarm to ring by 8pm. If it rings at that time, it did so because of your earlier or prior setup. It didn't ring by its own prompting.

When i am talking about consequences, even a reward is a consequence and not only punishment.

Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Which ever one you chose is still your choice. You can decide to let them take the money to save your life. Dem no use juju to make you decide am. You made the choice. You still do not understand that definition.

Even in court they won’t regard it as “freewill” because you are saying it under COERCION and Duress.

The definition you read and you understood, didn’t you see voluntarily?

Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by sonmvayina(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
GOD planned and executed the whole thing..

he created man
he created woman
he created the serpent
he planted the tree

the writer just wrote the best story

and we are busy knocking our head over it?

what would have been the purpose of life...without death?
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

Even in court they won’t regard it as “freewill” because you are saying it under COERCION and Duress

Ok. If you shoot someone because of threat to your wife's life, will the law set you free?
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Ok. If you shoot someone because of threat to your wife's life, will the law set you free?
Yes.

What do you understand by voluntarily?
Can you check dictionary for it?

Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

Yes.

What do you understand by voluntarily?
Can you check dictionary for it?

Not in every state. In some states like California, and Florida you can still be charged for manslaughter or murder even under duress. Now I don't know how this concern our discussion. I agree the person didn't act in accord with his will. However you still broke the law. Some laws might excuse you while other others won't.

However, placing a consequence for one's action doesn't mean he is not acting on freewill. Consequences for an action is not being under duress. Being under duress would be when you are forced to move to the other end with the negative consequences. Not when you move there on your own.

From the point you made under the topic, duress, you can then agree that if that individual shoot someone without being under duress, the law will judge him to have done that killing out of freewill, right? So the law outlining the consequences for killing is not seen to be removing your free will. It's only setting a boundary for your freewill.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

LHowever, placing a consequence for one's action doesn't mean he is not acting on freewill. Consequences for an action is not being under duress. Being under duress would be when you are forced to move to the other end with the negative consequences. Not when you move there on your own.

Been under duress and coercion is consequences for an action, i gave you an example, your money or your life.
Any decision you take is not from your freewill, it’s not voluntary.

Please look up the definition of voluntary.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

From the point you made under the topic, duress, you can then agree that if that individual shoot someone without being under duress, the law will judge him to have done that killing out of freewill, right? So the law outlining the consequences for killing is not seen to be removing your free will. It's only setting a boundary for your freewill.

Is there a law on the land about killing your fellow man?

Do you know as citizens we have certain rights?
Is that not infringing on out freewill then?

Don’t you get it
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Not in every state. In some states like California, and Florida you can still be charged for manslaughter or murder even under duress.
Send where you read this.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Myer(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
Tyktoker:
You don't want pressure?, but you cooked your question under pressure before posting? Maka y?

It's to provoke intelligent responses.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

Is there a law on the land about killing your fellow man?

Do you know as citizens we have certain rights?
Is that not infringing on out freewill then?

Don’t you get it

Ok. You also agree that you have certain rights. If you have rights, can you then say you don't have free will? Will telling you not to go to the other end mean that you no longer have free will?

The law is against murder.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

Been under duress and coercion is consequences for an action, i gave you an example, your money or your life.
Any decision you take is not from your freewill, it’s not voluntary.

Please look up the definition of voluntary.

Ok. So then when you act without being under duress, it means you do so of your free will. You agree?
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Ok. You also agree that you have certain rights. If you have rights, can you then say you don't have free will? Will telling you not to go to the other end mean that you no longer have free will?

The law is against murder.

Who gave me the certain rights?
If i have freewill i will be FREE TO DO ANYTHING I WILL, without any consequences.

The way you behave in Nigeria is not same with dubai, is that not infringing on my freewill, i have to follow the laws because of the consequences, not that i am voluntarily following it.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Ok. So then when you act without being under duress, it means you do so of your free will. You agree?
When you act without thinking of consequences that is freewill, if you are doing good because you want to go to heaven that’s hypocritical, and you are only reacting to the consequences of not going to hell.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Freewill can only be exhibited when there is no restraint of your actions, then we will see how many people are good because it’s good in itself and not because of consequences.

remove heaven and hell, why are you a good person?
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

Freewill can only be exhibited when there is no restraint of your actions, then we will see how many people are good because it’s good in itself and not because of consequences.

remove heaven and hell, why are you a good person?

You've not answered my question
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duress_in_American_law
I saw none of what you wrote there.
Screenshot this part “Not in every state. In some states like California, and Florida you can still be charged for manslaughter or murder even under duress.”
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

You've not answered my question
I have.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

Who gave me the certain rights?
If i have freewill i will be FREE TO DO ANYTHING I WILL, without any consequences.

The way you behave in Nigeria is not same with dubai, is that not infringing on my freewill, i have to follow the laws because of the consequences, not that i am voluntarily following it.

Infringing on or limiting your free will, not REMOVING your freewill. You can still do it. You confusing limitation with REMOVING.

Free will is the ABILITY or CAPACITY to make your choice. It means you are not a robot that is being controlled by someone. A robot doesn't have the ability to decide for itself. If you possess the ability to decide, you have free will.

If you act under duress, it means that you were denied the chance to ACT on that ABILITY you already have. It doesn't mean that you lost that ability. In other words, you were not turned into a robot by that duress.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

I saw none of what you wrote there.
Screenshot this part “Not in every state. In some states like California, and Florida you can still be charged for manslaughter or murder even under duress.”

So I should have copied that exact statement somewhere and pasted it here? Like seriously?

Don't be ridiculous.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Infringing on or limiting your free will, not REMOVING your freewill. You can still do it. You confusing limitation with REMOVING.

Free will is the ABILITY or CAPACITY to make your choice. It means you are not a robot that is being controlled by someone. A robot doesn't have the ability to decide for itself. If you possess the ability to decide, you have free will.

If you act under duress, it means that you were denied the chance to ACT on that ABILITY you already have. It doesn't mean that you lost that ability. In other words, you were not turned into a robot by that duress.

This is what you said about freewill earlier from webster dictionary, voluntary choice or decision. Eg I do this of my own free will
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

So I should have copied that exact statement somewhere and pasted it here? Like seriously?

Don't be ridiculous.
You said some states like Florida and California, i want to see it, why lie?
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

Free will is the ABILITY or CAPACITY to make your choice. It means you are not a robot that is being controlled by someone. A robot doesn't have the ability to decide for itself.

So if you are been controlled by someone you don’t have freewill?
You don’t have to be a robot before they control you.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Sand2022: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
Maynman:

This is what you said about freewill earlier from webster dictionary, voluntary choice or decision. Eg I do this of my own free will

That's not how I posted it. It has ability there.
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Maynman: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sand2022:

That's not how I posted it. It has ability there.
I want you to look up the definition of “voluntary”.

Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Btruth: 6:58am On Sep 02, 2023
I think it was pre-destined to happen in my own opinion. Since there's nothing that will happen without the knowledge of God. 🤔
Re: The Fall Of Man - Who Is To Blame? by Myer(m): 7:19am On Sep 02, 2023
Btruth:
I think it was pre-destined to happen in my own opinion. Since there's nothing that will happen without the knowledge of God. 🤔

Well said. But that would mean putting the blame on God right?
But we know that would be wrong.

The blame is always on the culprit.
Our will, our choice.

Eve is primarily to blame. Which is why her curse seems most severe. Which is also why God seems hard on women in the Scriptures.
Even till date, women are still responsible for the fall of men.

It makes one almost angry with women. But when you meet virtuous ladies, you will realise that women are truly the best creation of all.

When women start being who God created them to be, the world will know peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Cannot Become Lucifer If You Do Not Find The Cure For Cancer / Help! / If We Were Told Theres No Heaven Or Hell, Will We Still Have The Fear Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.