Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) (5295 Views)

Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) / Abia Government Starts Rehabilitation Of Ehi Road In Aba (Pictures) / Unknown Gunmen Hailed At Ariaria Market, Aba(Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Nice2023(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2023
mrvitalis:

Most people go to ariaria and say they have gone to aba... 90% of people who say they have gone to aba only go to Ariaria

I agree with u brother.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Typing: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
slimfit1:
Half of those houses are occupied by the bodies of the person that paid to build it.

True talk. Most of those houses are haunted. They were build with Blood money.
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Guynexttdoor: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
Ph is an overpraised shit holeee, i wonder what's in ph every one is praising, is it the fly over or what? ..i regret coming to ph in 2022.

4 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by a4cube: 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Typing:

True talk. Most of those houses are haunted. They were build with Blood money.
Did you slide on ewedu to get to your papa house tonight?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Nigerfine3: 2:25am On Jul 27, 2023
slowice:

Yeah I know aba always had tall buildings but never knew it has gotten up the scale of onitsha
Aba was robbing shoulder with onitsha and kano before the civilian rule. Aba sold a lot to Cameroun, Gabon, Congo and nigerian cities.
They were a lot of rich men in Aba

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Nigerfine3: 2:27am On Jul 27, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
If those pictures are truly Aba, then it's a full-fledged planned city in the mould of Abuja.
That is how umuahia is too, the 20 years plus civilian rule set Abia back

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Nigerfine3: 2:30am On Jul 27, 2023
Ezmans:
the British did the master plan of ABA all the plots are equal
No, not the British, the former imo state governor in the person of SAM MBAKWE, eastern region was equally better planned.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by kettykings: 2:39am On Jul 27, 2023
Ogene001:

Aba for sure. Both Aba and Onitsha remain unrivaled in planning. Only Maiduguri come close

Old Gra , Giwa barracks side or bolori, baga road side. Or customs , university of maiduguri side. I think the city tried. I saw places that are more than 2000 years old in maiduguri

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Fortruth: 2:42am On Jul 27, 2023
Nigerfine3:

That is how umuahia is too, the 20 years plus civilian rule set Abia back

When you have election rigging Niggers like Orji Kali and oldie Theo Orji and fat stomach Ikpeazu that likes to burn Inec office, what do you expect.

Alex Otti rigged out before, even Michael Okpara son rigged out back in 2003...

What a shame

No wonder sit at home is here...

It is Igbo corrupt leadership that has joined Nigerian corrupt leadership...

The elites like Amaechi dem are united while we continue to call each other meaningless names like that of "Rivers"... LOL

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 27, 2023
Aba has the best grid plan in Nigeria. It was developed by the British. Aba's problem is just 2 simple things....waste management and road. Very simple things. Truly simple things that any sincere government would solve within 4 years.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by odduduwa: 6:31am On Jul 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Most people go to ariaria and say they have gone to aba... 90% of people who say they have gone to aba only go to Ariaria
true

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Akaegwu(m): 6:58am On Jul 27, 2023
My city, my city. Igbos go and develop your land., We have already done that before traveling to help other regions. They can't travel to our region to see the wonderful works for themselves. Someone who traveled from Badagry to Ikeja was shouting that Ikeja is far. That fellow can't travel to Ebonyi.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Morbeta11(m): 6:59am On Jul 27, 2023
triple996:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
Some people are obviously suffering from inferiority complex
odduduwa:
true

Tell me one thing that made you think you are superior, you are poor black African. Obviously haven't stepped a foot out of Nigeria. You need good education.

2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
I remember the first time I went to Aba,I was expecting to see a very big dump site as being portrayed by our Yoruba brothers here,my expectation were very low for the city
I was suprised that people don’t see the beauty of Aba,they all focus on bad sides like ariaria and less on the good sides
Though mosquitoes want kill me there,they need to have good waste management too
It's not as if waste litter the whole roads and streets. Only that waste are not promptly evacuated from the collection points

4 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:59am On Jul 27, 2023
Guynexttdoor:
Ph is an overpraised shit holeee, i wonder what's in ph every one is praising, is it the fly over or what? ..i regret coming to ph in 2022.
I have been saying the same thing but ignorant SW people keep massaging the "our oyel" ego of those minorities. PH shot itself on the foot by going anti igbo, a mistake Asaba is avoiding at all cost

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ogene001: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Yours were huts when those were built
Take a look at this picture of Aba, you can see remnants of the old brown roof buildings. These building are being knocked down and replaced with multistorey blocks of flat because the people have money. You are simply poor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 10:11am On Jul 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

You are right

My friend here in Lagos always complain of how undeveloped Aba is. He comes to Ariaria regularly due to his work.

I have repeatedly told him that Ariaria is at the outskirt of Aba and doesn't represent the city.

Luckily, a job took him to the center of Aba and when he came back last Sunday, he confessed.

He kept shouting

Aba Ngwa is developed.

Again, another of my friend always claim that Abakiliki is more developed than Aba. These guys no free make I rest because of their flyovers and airport.

I told him even in a thousand years, Abakiliki no go ever develop pass Aba.

Dude entered Aba and the story changed.

Now, it's no longer Abakiliki is more developed than Aba, but Abakiliki has better roads than Aba.

The other day, one of my Illorin friend was comparing Illorin with Onitsha.

I told him that excluding all SW capital city and Lagos, no other Yoruba city or town is more developed than Aba, talk more of Onitsha.

YouTube cleared his doubt.

Dude started shouting "Peter Obi will never rule Nigeria."

Abeg how the talk take relate with the discussion?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Yours were huts when those were built
Yorubas keep making excuses for their poverty lifestyle

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So what happens to the children of those "supposed rich men" not renovating the buildings?

Aba was also an ancient town but most of those colonial buildings have been knocked than and replaced with modern architecture

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by mrvitalis(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

You are right

My friend here in Lagos always complain of how undeveloped Aba is. He comes to Ariaria regularly due to his work.

I have repeatedly told him that Ariaria is at the outskirt of Aba and doesn't represent the city.

Luckily, a job took him to the center of Aba and when he came back last Sunday, he confessed.

He kept shouting

Aba Ngwa is developed.

Again, another of my friend always claim that Abakiliki is more developed than Aba. These guys no free make I rest because of their flyovers and airport.

I told him even in a thousand years, Abakiliki no go ever develop pass Aba.

Dude entered Aba and the story changed.

Now, it's no longer Abakiliki is more developed than Aba, but Abakiliki has better roads than Aba.

The other day, one of my Illorin friend was comparing Illorin with Onitsha.

I told him that excluding all SW capital city and Lagos, no other Yoruba city or town is more developed than Aba, talk more of Onitsha.

YouTube cleared his doubt.

Dude started shouting "Peter Obi will never rule Nigeria."

Abeg how the talk take relate with the discussion?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Aba is massively under reported

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by taretoofine(m): 11:06am On Jul 27, 2023
Ogene001:
Aba. Unbeatable masterplan. Clean inner streets with unmatchable grid pattern
from the ruins of civil war and marginalisation they rose up, indeed these people are blessed...I wish you well ndi amaka

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by SOSinNigeria: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2023
Ogene001:
Aba. Unbeatable masterplan. Clean inner streets with unmatchable grid pattern

Looks like Eastern European cities. Beautiful layout with solid buildings. Our SW brothers should really come to the East and see how a city to should look like.

Parading slums and calling them cities in their region has become a source of embarrassment to Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Looks like Eastern European cities. Beautiful layout with solid buildings. Our SW brothers should really come to the East and see how a city to should look like.

Parading slums and calling them cities in their region has become a source of embarrassment to Africa.
They said this eye sore is a sign civilisation

3 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ezmans:
I wished the greedy politicians never chased them away so quick
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
wiseone28:
Igbo people like storey building
whc one do your tribe pple like ??
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by wiseone28: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ttipsy:
whc one do your tribe pple like ??
Huts πŸ™„
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ofodirinwa: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nigerfine3:

Aba was robbing shoulder with onitsha and kano before the civilian rule. Aba sold a lot to Cameroun, Gabon, Congo and nigerian cities.
They were a lot of rich men in Aba

Aba is bigger and more productive than Ontisha so idk what you mean. Likely bigger than Kano too but Kano figures are fictional so who knows.
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ogene001: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Aba is bigger and more productive than Ontisha so idk what you mean. Likely bigger than Kano too but Kano figures are fictional so who knows.
Aba city is bigger than Onitsha City but Onitsha metro is bigger than Aba.
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Eastlink(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ezmans:
Nope, Brig Ike Nkwachukwu drew the modern Aba Master Plan just like he did for Owerri.

However, Sam Mbakwe ensured that it followed strict adherence and expanded it into new territories the same way he did in Owerri capital. For example, in old Imo, Owerri was planned to host the administrative buildings and tourism, while Aba was developed to host the industries. It's similar to what played out in old Anambra. Enugu the administrative capital while Onitsha was for commerce and industry.

I for once think the planning and development might be the handiwork of the NCNC under Zik and Okpara looking at how PH, Calabar, Enugu, Aba, Onitsha, Owerri, Umuahia, Ikom, Oguta, Nsukka, Bonny & Yenagoa were planned.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
CJStarz:
Magnificent storey buildings springing up everywhere in Aba. Ngwaland is truly blessed.

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ngwaland sent alarm bells ringing.

Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Eastlink(m): 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ogene001:

Aba is bigger than Onitsha even if you add Onitsha metro. No argument about this. Every industry you have in Lagos has it's annex in Aba. In fact, Aba was even developed to connect with PH and serve as a metropolis like New York & Jersey. But the civil war twarted that intention. However, the like of Rotimi Amaechi seeing the masterplan of Okpara began to revive that dream with the Greater Port Harcourt City plan which aims to reconnect PH to the hinterlands cities of Aba and Owerri. It was Amaechi who dualized and pushed the Ikwerre Road to link Owerri making it a federal road. Aba to PH has existing dual express road so the metroplis idea to Aba has already been in existence.
Re: Latest Picture Of Aba (pictures) by Ofodirinwa: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ogene001:

No it's not, at all. I don't even know if Onitsha is bigger than Obosi landmass wise, and population-wise Aba is 2x the size of Onitsha. It's only that Aba people don't advertise themselves well. It goes

Population
Enugu
Aba
Onitsha/Owerri

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Ngige Dumps APC For APGA / Vladimir Putin Threatens World War 3,says Russia Could Invade Europe In Two Days / Buhari's Absensce At London Town Hall Meeting Strikes Controversies [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.