Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,691 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate (90431 Views)

Governor Fubara Presents List Of Commissioner Nominees To Rivers State Assembly / Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Buhari Sends List Of NDDC Board To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
oz4real83:
Ehanire the past minister of health from Edo south, what was his contribution to Edo state? Ministers that come from Edo south always turn out to be the worst not only to Edo state but the whole of Nigeria, clem Agba from Edo north who was a minister of state had a better contribution than a senior minister.

What happened to Akoko Edo? Why not choose somebody from Akoko Edo? Is Edo North made up of Etsakos only?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by aremubabs: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
optimusprime2:

There are some unknown individuals, true.
The unknowns may be the technocrats, true.

However, after a thorough check, 70% of the names on that list are politicians (ex governors, senators, APC political faithfuls et al), what will be the technical impact of a politician occupying a technical role in these times when experts are needed in critical roles??

To make matters worse, the portfolios were not even assigned, meaning the appointments can be based on a "situational selection to role" condition.

Once again we will be witnessing some more square pegs in round holes. Business as usual.

Do we really need technocrats as ministers?

What did Okonja Iweala achieve as Minister of Finance? What did Barth Nnaji achieve as Minister of Power?

For me, I think politicians are the best for the ministerial positions with technocrats as advisors. If we can have a political system that allows technocrats to inform policies, the country would work.

For example, Okonjo providing technical support instead of coordinating the economy or someone like Nnaji giving technical advice on electricity supply.

In my opinion, technocrats don't usually make good leaders. They are better at spotting issues and looking at ways to better solve or get around them.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by iamdapsyj(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Dafresh:
Can Dave Umahi be a Senator and a Minister at the same time?

He will leave his position as a senator and a bye election will be conducted for the seat...

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

Your uncle for take am na.anyway,is momoh a politician or technocrat

Lol. He's a core politician. Represented Etsako Federal Constituency when Sen. Domingo was representing Edo North at the Senate. He also contested for Senate 2015 or 2019.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by JuanDeDios: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
donphilopus:

Abubakar Momoh.
I see. Esan and Bini better "double their hustle", as they say on the streets.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by victorikpe(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by GeneralDae: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
JuicyStar:

That will be a huge risk ooh. If Tribunal come comot Tinubu nko? That one go be double loss.

With this list e be like say e sure for Tinubu say Tribunal no fit comot am.
You examine the petitions now. Nothing there be like wetin fit comot Tinubu.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

You should know where wike is from

And Wike's name is the only one on the list?

How about potfolio? Is he making AGF, Niger Delta, Interior or whatever?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Ebubu2: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
ChiefS:

It's a high risk to resign as a serving senator. What if tribunal sacks Tinubu? What if Tinubu quarrels with him or feels he has performed abysmally and removes him from office?
senate is safer but he will be closer to inner caucus of government and attend weekly federal executive council as a Minister. Also, his mane and presence and performance will be felt more as a Minister than Senator, imagine a performing Minister will be felt more than a performing senator. Thirdly, he’s far more experienced in politics than us so he knows which one best suits his ambitions going forward as he politically prepares to be a VP to a northern candidate after tinubu.

But if Tinubu is disqualified, he loses all if he picks the minister position. For him it’s a big gamble but May the will of God in his life be done.

In the end, I dnt think Tinubu will lose grip of this presidency. He’ll sell Lagos to Chinese and bribe Supreme Court judges in billions of dollars if he has to.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Realguyman1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ttalk:

Why did you say that?
The senate is the higher chamber of of the law makers and no one can terminate ur term. If not for the thief thief and corruption that is in the Nigeria, why will anyone leave the senate for a minister position?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by 1phone(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
Like corrupt father like bandit sons
ILEMUDA:
Not bad
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

And Wike's name is the only one on the list?

How about potfolio? Is he making AGF, Niger Delta, Interior or whatever?

Niger delta
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by AngelicBeing: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
cheesy
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Afamed: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
Olugboye226:
Two nominees from Ekiti State, Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (President's Son-in-law) and Dele Alake. Ekiti people on Nairaland, kindly remember us in this Government.
Do not mislead the Public.

The Ministerial nominee Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo is from Ondo state.

Tinubu in law Oyetunde Ojo is from Ekiti and he's not a ministerial nominee

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
donphilopus:

Lol. He's a core politician. Represented Etsako Federal Constituency when Sen. Domingo was representing Edo North at the Senate. He also contested for Senate 2015 or 2019.

What did he study? Seems next gov is from north
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

What did he study? Seems next gov is from north

I dunno much about him though. Never read his profile. Oshiomhole may likely pick from Edo North (Etsako precisely) as usual. But it should go to Edo Central (which I doubt).
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by ReubenE(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
casualobserver:

You don’t need to have common sense to know Umahi will resign from senate just like Gbaja resigned from house of rep. Why are Nigerians so dull like this?
He doesn't know, hence he asked.

You could have just corrected/enlightened him without insulting him. So much for the smart one calling another dull in a public forum

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by crossfire(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
trutharena:
Nice lost.

It’s full of technocrats and new faces that we haven’t heard before.

I am so glad El-Rufai and Wike made the list. Agreement is Agreement.

—Prof. Ali Pate is a huge catch.
—Olawale Edun I Stan you
—Imman Suleman-Ibrahim: The NAPTIP woman
—Mohammed Idris: Blueprint newspaper founder
—Lateef Fagbemi: Agba Lawyer

Notable mention
Uju Kennedy Ohaneye made the list too. That’s the woman that stepped down for Tinubu during the APC primaries.
stop talk
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
donphilopus:

I dunno much about him though. Never read his profile. Oshiomhole may likely pick from Edo North (Etsako precisely) as usual. But it should go to Edo Central (which I doubt).

Osunbor or okojie is ok but whoever apc picks will win.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by WorldRichest: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
trutharena:
Nice lost.

It’s full of technocrats and new faces that we haven’t heard before.

I am so glad El-Rufai and Wike made the list. Agreement is Agreement.

—Prof. Ali Pate is a huge catch.
—Olawale Edun I Stan you
—Imman Suleman-Ibrahim: The NAPTIP woman
—Mohammed Idris: Blueprint newspaper founder
—Lateef Fagbemi: Agba Lawyer

Notable mention
Uju Kennedy Ohaneye made the list too. That’s the woman that stepped down for Tinubu during the APC primaries.

Tinubu will sacrifice us eyes to fulfill any agreement he makes with anyone.

Orji Uzor Kaku was the first person in Nigeria that Emilokan Tinubu promised Senate President, unfortunately Kalu threw it onto Tinubu's face. He then took Ahmed Lawan to Buhari as South East consensus presidential candidate for the election as if Buhari has any influence besides his divided kitchen cabinet. Emilokan Tinubu humiliated them all together with his own internal Judases, that was how Kalu lost the opportunity. He will regret it forever

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by jubrilELsudan: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

How

LIKE YOUR WIFE AND GIRLFRIENDS KUKUNASE

1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Arakunrinbface: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
So no one is talking about waheed adebayo adelabu oyo state gov aspirant...how come

Anyways I'm happy for him.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by WorldRichest: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Arakunrinbface:
So no one is talking about waheed adebayo adelabu oyo state gov aspirant...how come

Anyways I'm happy for him.

I can't see his name in the list oooo
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by dennisworld1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

He'll resign from senate
u think say him go resign for better elective position go be minister
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

Osunbor or okojie is ok but whoever apc picks will win.

Will win? Lol. Till then.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
donphilopus:

Will win? Lol. Till then.

Pdp is out in Edo.i like tinubu list,7 women that's 25%.4 youths and 15 technocrats
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Ttalk: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
Olugboye226:
Two nominees from Ekiti State, Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (President's Son-in-law) and Dele Alake. Ekiti people on Nairaland, kindly remember us in this Government.

Olubunmi is from Ondo
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Kaiser20: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
Afamed:

Amechi is never a politician

He is the architect of his own political failure

He's not strategic at all
please explain to us who has a strategic policy in Nigerian politics. What you guys in Nigeria call a good politician is a leader without integrity, oh yes member character, someone who is willing to bend in order to get what he wants.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by tishbite42: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
Racoon:
Happy for Prof Pate. He is a thorough bred. Kudos to Tinubu for that but he is still seating on a fraudulent electoral mandate. Thank goodness former Atiku Badaru and Gandollar didn't enter that list.
Badaru dey there
Except you're talking about Bagudu
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

Pdp is out in Edo.i like tinubu list,7 women that's 25%.4 youths and 15 technocrats

PDP isn't out in Edo. Most people in Edo don't vote for political parties. Let's wait till then Sha.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by olamike02: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
wegevv:
Again, where is Kwankwaso lol

cc: garfield1

PS: I hear he's there but why do nairaland list keep omitting him?
This is not all the ministers. 42 will be appointed. So wait and see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by porthouse7(f): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Alliswell248:

Reno cares about Nigeria.
U care about Obi....

It's about Nigeria .
u get sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Updated: List Of Indictments, Arrests And Executions!! Dismantling The Deepstate / Ebelechukwu Obiano Rehabilitates Ernest Asuzu (Pictures) / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.