Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,331 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate (90416 Views)

Governor Fubara Presents List Of Commissioner Nominees To Rivers State Assembly / Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Buhari Sends List Of NDDC Board To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
Realguyman1:
Vacate the senate for a minister position? That will be the most stupid thing ever done by any politician in Nigeria.
It depends on the ministry.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
Antoeni:
Kwakwanso Said He is Too Big to be a Vice president to Peter Obi , Now He Has Agreed to be a Minister Under Tinubu, A Position That's Not Up to a VP , Mumu Wike Has Also Agreed to Be a Cancerous Minister

He is not a minister
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Efewestern:

I know very little of her. I was thinking a certain oil mogul would make the list. Or is there any supplementary list coming out?

Mofe boyo? Delta can't have 2
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
tutudesz:

Am seeing ministry of trade and investment for her.

Hmmm.orubebe will get something later
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Aiel123: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
Efewestern:

I know very little of her. I was thinking a certain oil mogul would make the list. Or is there any supplementary list coming out?
She is head of NEXIM agency.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Wkaay(m): 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ok
Waiting for the remaining
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by manchyme: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
tesppidd:
Okay..

Now PDP has every reason to expel Wike.

Dead on arrival.
Wike left pdp almost a year ago.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Unlettered: 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Dollarboss93:

Are you from Maiduguri?

Why una like this Kyari Abubakar of a guy over there...

Even in Gubio, Magumeri, almost every where Bornu state

Honestly he is one of the cleanest politicians i know. Yes from maiduguri. And alot is being achieved under him.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by tesppidd: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
manchyme:

Dead on arrival.
Wike left pdp almost a year ago.
No wahala.

It's time for PDP to also leave him,,

Abi na by force?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by damoobaba: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Sensiblerealist:
How on earth did this response warrant such attack from you! Na Ogun go strike you for this insult.
I only answered in direct response to a potential probability of that happening. A Mofo like you now seems it fit to pour vituperation of your wretched frustrated life. Abe Waka go front for your victim.
Not on this template.

Your response is a confirmation of your IQ. Maybe you're even a minor. Some of you need to understand that the kind of things to escape through your mouth is just a reflection of the content of your brain. Shame of the sperm that produced this kind of adult.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Efewestern: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
Aiel123:

She is head of NEXIM agency.

A technocrat I suppose. Seems most BAT's slot to Niger Delta will go to Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

There's a rumour of Ibori and Edevbie securing ranks with the presidency. With the lists out, it might just be a rumour.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Efewestern: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

Mofe boyo? Delta can't have 2

Yes Mofe, who said Delta can't have two?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
Efewestern:

Yes Mofe, who said Delta can't have two?

Crs already has two.highest rivers will get two
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Sensiblerealist: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
Shame on the entire lineage of riffraffs you originated from.. So sorry if they are honourable people but Omo Osan lo n Ko ponpo ba iya ee.
Go over the discourse again when you are not high on kilos, and see why you shouldn't have disgraced your family tree like that

damoobaba:

Your response is a confirmation of your IQ. Maybe you're even a minor. Some of you need to understand that the kind of things to escape through your mouth is just a reflection of the content of your brain. Shame of the sperm that produced this kind of adult.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Sensiblerealist: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2023
I don't think so. Unless they break rank with precedence and the legislature authenticates it. Its by law, on e per state and one per Geopolitical zone.
By this list, I think NW, SS and NE are maxed out unless the New Government is coming with something new

garfield1:

Crs already has two.highest rivers will get two

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by 9jaRealist: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by ChiefS(m): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

True she's a mini politician but a born technocrat.ayade forced her to be woman leader to cover his interest at abj.
Yes adelabu contested twice but he's no politician.he spent all his active years at CBN.ohanenye contested to complete numbers and perhaps boost her profile but she's not an active politician like wike,umahi who are competent fellows.
I heard delta will get another slot with ibori nominating
Once a technocrat becomes a core politician, it becomes difficult to trust his objectivity in decision making because of his political interests. How to raise money to fund the next elections.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by 9jaRealist: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Sensiblerealist:
I don't think so. Unless they break rank with precedence and the legislature authenticates it. It’s by law, on e per state and one per Geopolitical zone.
By this list, I think NW, SS and NE are maxed out unless the New Government is coming with something new

There’s NO requirement for geopolitical zones…
The Constitution only stipulates at least 1 per state (Section 147(3) of the Constitution).

Btw, I think that constitutional mandate is OBTUSE…
Ministers shouldn’t be “representing” states, and a cabinet of 36+ ministers is TOO MUCH (eg. The US has about 16).
>
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by GeneralDae: 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
9jaRealist:

The Constitution only stipulates at least 1 per state (Section 147(3) of the Constitution).

Ministers shouldn’t be “representing” states, and a cabinet of 36+ ministers is TOO MUCH (eg. The US has about 16).
>
You know how Nigeria is. Some people may cry marginalisation if they don't do it that way.

Sometimes maybe the most competent people known to the president are from few states and one tribe. If he appoints them all without federal character, other major tribes would definitely accuse him of tribalism or regionalism.

We just have to get matured politically because that needed maturity only comes when we watch football. Who cares if we win the world cup with an all star urhobo team or Kanuri team for instance?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Sensiblerealist: 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
Bro Noor compare us ooo. Those ones know what they are doing. In Naija, they do it for the pocket.
I think it was GEJ that had ministers of state for almost all the ministries. Unnecessary duplication and redundancy.
We will get there someday

9jaRealist:

>
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by BALLOSKI: 3:16am On Jul 28, 2023
trutharena:
Nice lost.

It’s full of technocrats and new faces that we haven’t heard before.

I am so glad El-Rufai and Wike made the list. Agreement is Agreement.

—Prof. Ali Pate is a huge catch.
—Olawale Edun I Stan you
—Imman Suleman-Ibrahim: The NAPTIP woman
—Mohammed Idris: Blueprint newspaper founder
—Lateef Fagbemi: Agba Lawyer

Notable mention
Uju Kennedy Ohaneye made the list too. That’s the woman that stepped down for Tinubu during the APC primaries.
it's a list of many fresh faces - it's ok. Is the one from Enugu Barth Nnaji?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by BALLOSKI: 3:17am On Jul 28, 2023
wallex1983:
If this is the much awaited list, then it should have come since May 30th.

Nothing intriguing to me.
it won't be intriguing until he has Elon Musk and Bill Gates on the list.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Gandrova: 6:29am On Jul 28, 2023
JB4life:
Does it mean ministerial appointment is more ,,' lucrative' than Senatorial office?
Exactly based on the office to occupy and Mega projects and juicy funds that would be released to the department.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Aiel123: 7:13am On Jul 28, 2023
Efewestern:

A technocrat I suppose. Seems most BAT's slot to Niger Delta will go to Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

There's a rumour of Ibori and Edevbie securing ranks with the presidency. With the lists out, it might just be a rumour.
Yes.
Rivers and AKS gave good votes to the president. Cross River too.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by optimusprime2(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2023
garfield1:

Oga 15 of the 28 names are technocrats or non politicians.you don't need to be told that wale edun or adelabu will get either finance

Garfield Garfield...
You stated 15 of the 28 names are non politicians,
Please go through these profiles properly and count the "non politicians" yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/7780756/profile-28-ministerial-nominees-appointed
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2023
optimusprime2:

Garfield Garfield...
You stated 15 of the 28 names are non politicians,
Please go through these profiles properly and count the "non politicians" yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/7780756/profile-28-ministerial-nominees-appointed

Non politicians are those that don't play active politics or depend on politics oh not just apc member
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by optimusprime2(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2023
garfield1:

Non politicians are those that don't play active politics or depend on politics oh not just apc member
Are you shifting the goal post now or redefining what a politician is?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2023
optimusprime2:

Are you shifting the goal post now or redefining what a politician is?

I am telling you my own definition
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by optimusprime2(m): 10:37am On Jul 28, 2023
garfield1:

I am telling you my own definition

Garfield, Garfield...

According to the definition of various Dictionaries,
non politicians are individuals who are not members of any political party, they have neutral political views, connections, Affiliations as well as interests... they are simply not politicians.

Let's call a spade "a spade"
That list is mostly filled with politicians all affiliated to APC period.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2023
optimusprime2:

Garfield, Garfield...

According to the definition of various Dictionaries,
non politicians are individuals who are not members of any political party, they have neutral political views, connections, Affiliations as well as interests... they are simply not politicians.

Let's call a spade "a spade"
That list is mostly filled with politicians all affiliated to APC period.

The problem is not that they are in apc but how involved are they.almost all are in apc but not active.wale edun,Doris anite,musawa,profs utsev and pate may have apc card but are not active like badaru abubakar
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by GeneralDae: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2023
BALLOSKI:
it won't be intriguing until he has Elon Musk and Bill Gates on the list.
Note also that he also has to pick from all states, so he may have had to compromise and leave out some Technocrats he knows personally because of where they come from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Updated: List Of Indictments, Arrests And Executions!! Dismantling The Deepstate / Ebelechukwu Obiano Rehabilitates Ernest Asuzu (Pictures) / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.