Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos (7599 Views)

(photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by pdozie: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
The following are our procedures for lodging complaints

Via telephone
Call our Customer Care Centre on 0709 810 7021 or 0702 332 6147 and state the complaints by providing information on:

1.Name of the street
2.Local Government Area
3.Nature of problem e.g pot holes
4.Name of Complainant
5.Residential address
6.Telephone number
7.Email address
Alternatively, you can submit your complaints via our website by filling in the form below

http://lspwc-ng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=93
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by jason123: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
Instead of people to use this service, they will come online to start complaining. Seun should put this on the Front page so people can make use of it.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by jmaine: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2011
OP, THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT PIECE OF INFORMATE  tongue . . . .  The roads are in dire need of some rigorous amending session . . . . This informate will be utilized to the fullest.

and BTW, this is a dynamic development from the Lagos State Government

jason123:

Instead of people to use this service, they will come online to start complaining. Seun should put this on the Front page so people can make use of it.

Jason, am just seeing this for the first time and am sure thousands and even millions of Lagosians don't know about this . . .So if we complain . . .we are justified at that  . . But the good news is that we shall channel all our concerns to the appropriate quarters  grin . . .And expect more loud noise if this new channel of informate doesn't yield results
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by jason123: 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2011
jmaine:

OP, THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT PIECE OF INFORMATE  tongue . . . .  The roads are in dire need of some rigorous amending session . . . . This informate will be utilized to the fullest.

and BTW, this is a dynamic development from the Lagos State Government

Jason, am just seeing this for the first time and am sure thousands and even millions of Lagosians don't know about this . . .So if we complain . . .we are justified at that  . . But the good news is that we shall channel all our concerns to the appropriate quarters  grin . . . [/b]And expect more loud noise if this new channel of [b]informate doesn't yield results

Please inform people.
@highlighted
I know people are justified if they complain but now that the service is there, this same people should make use of it. . . .and if it does not work . .(lol)
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by Pukkah: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
Let's be frank, do they need people to complain before they know where bad roads are? This is another level of bureaucracy.

If I put up a small signage in front of my office, the LG revenue officers show up before I blink my eyes. If I start digging the ground for the foundation of a new house, there are people who show up at the drop of a hat. There's no house, to my knowledge, which doesn't get Land Use charge. They paste posters of their candidates on all streets during campaigns. If they can do all these, how come they can't figure out bad roads (which is their work) and want people to do it for them? Isn't it a bit condescending because it's obvious they 'see' what they want to 'see'?

Besides, asking people to complain about roads suggests that some people would wrongly, deliberately or inadvertently, report bad roads. This means they would have to screen the requests, conduct site visits and write reports before the commencement of repair works. Isn't this some healthy bureaucracy when they already have a fault detecting mechanism (I suppose) in existence?
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by Pukkah: 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
In addition, does this service promise the response time to fix the bad roads?
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
Pukkah:

Let's be frank, [size=13pt]do they need people to complain before they know where bad roads are? [/size]

Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by kulutempa: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
Pukkah:

Let's be frank, do they need people to complain before they know where bad roads are? This is another level of bureaucracy.

If I put up a small signage in front of my office, the LG revenue officers show up before I blink my eyes. If I start digging the ground for the foundation of a new house, there are people who show up at the drop of a hat. There's no house, to my knowledge, which doesn't get Land Use charge. They paste posters of their candidates on all streets during campaigns. If they can do all these, how come they can't figure out bad roads (which is their work) and want people to do it for them? Isn't it a bit condescending because it's obvious they 'see' what they want to 'see'?

Besides, asking people to complain about roads suggests that some people would wrongly, deliberately or inadvertently, report bad roads. This means they would have to screen the requests, conduct site visits and write reports before the commencement of repair works. Isn't this some healthy bureaucracy when they already have a fault detecting mechanism (I suppose) in existence?

Are you talking about America, or are you talking about Nigeria?  At least you have the hotline now where there was none before, so they no longer have an excuse.  How many other state governments, or even the Federal government have a similar complaints line for bad roads?  Let's give credit to progress, unless you prefer the service to be withdrawn.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by MeGaStReEt: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
If I want to start texting or calling them to complain about bad road in my LG alone, I will probably spend up to 10k before the months runs out.

Wrong move sad sad
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2011
kulutempa:

Are you talking about America, or are you talking about Nigeria?  At least you have the hotline now where there was none before, so they no longer have an excuse.  How many other state governments, or even the Federal government have a similar complaints line for bad roads?  Let's give credit to progress, unless you prefer the service to be withdrawn.

His comment is apt in the sense that Lagos has not gotten to the point where people now need to bring the Government's attention to this, for government to then act.We are not talking of the occasional pothole or wash off, typical in cities in America, Europe, or even South Africa(Johannesburg)(where people call in to inform the government of their existence). Many of the complaints are of BAD ROADS(many have been in the state since before the current administration). Local Government officials are aware of the terrible states of these roads -- many of the tax payers in the state have addresses on many of these roads.

Now I know a lot of you are driven by a need to give credit, but yeah, some people just want to see things done already.

I am not saying people should not use this method to send their complaints, and honestly, people have been doing this long before Fashola came into the picture, and even after, using other contact methods (I actually sent one in in 2009/2010 via the state website, for a road in Ikorodu where I stay, but reports back say nothing has been done), but it is not a CURE  for the situation.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by MeGaStReEt: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
kulutempa:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by Amujale(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
Good Idea! I like cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by japhet2233: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
nigerians una complain too much .
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by faweiey(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
jakande ,NNPC ,Ejigbo cum isolo road.

ikotun road
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by jacobs123(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
Report a bad road

Name of the Road
Local Government Area
Nature of problem
[size=20pt] Upload a picture of the bad spot (if possible)[/size]
Name of Complainant
Residential address
Telephone number
Email

This is interesting. which bad spots do i choose along the ejigbo ikotun road or along ago-okota expressway. Or is it our street roads that can not even referred to as roads no matter how you try to stretch your imagination of that word.

Anyway, we will the forms and hope that they fix the roads.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by jason123: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
People can be obnoxious!!! SIMPLY PASS YOUR COMPLAINS TO THE RELEVANT BODY, SIMPLE!!! Yet, we are still complaining on NL undecided shocked. Na wa oo! There is no way Nigerians can be satisfied!
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by macroworld: 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
This is a good approach to addressing road problems in Lagos. I think other states should emulate this.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by swagdude(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2011
did not work when i tried, but nice though!!!
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by dhtml1(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
Nonsense and ingrediens. Them wan lie say them no sabi the bad roads? Where all their office people dey pass go work?
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by olajide8(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2011
And the debate rages on, its neither hear nor their, fashola puts the ball in the centre of the field awaiting the referee to blow but indignant lagosians both in and outside lagos, myself included rush to the centre half, and kick the ball, "Eko O gba gbere" lailai, we no dey take Nonsense, kudos though in some area's but like oliver twist, we still need more come to think of it where is the funding going to come from when 200metres of a bridge costed lagos state 2.something billion.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by YomiKaycee: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2011
It's simple, Government knows where the bads roads are; do they jump from the sky to their offices? I do my job and pay my tax; they should simply do theirs and not ask me to do it for them. They aren't working for free, they get paid! So why do we always defend Government for their ineptitude. Are we supposed to be happy when they score 2 out 10?

If we are talking of small bad portions of roads, then fine but not when the entire stretch of a road is in a state of coma grin. Gov Fash should just attempt going to using the Mushin-Isolo-Jakande-Ejigbo, road. At least he doubles as the Works Commisioner grin

I tire for Nigerians ooo. Suffering and smilling continues with some paid psycophants ready to take up for daring to ask for your rights. Nonsense!
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by norrisman: 8:18am On Oct 10, 2011
I have used the online contact form and have given the details of my street which has never been tarred. Today is 10.10.11, If my street is tarred before Fashola the demi-god seeks election as a senator in 2015, I will fly to Lagos and dance naked at Alausa plus I will use my own funds to vigorously support is campaign to be elected to the senate.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by feelamong(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2011
this one would only enrich the telcos that their lines are being used to make the calls,

If i was to get a kobo for each time i called govt officials in my neighbourhood as regards the road in Agboyin Aguda, I would have been counting my billions now. angry
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by kokogee: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2011
Let's try use it and see how well it would work embarassed May b LGA officials don't use same roads with their ppl anymore.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by Exponental(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2011
Actually saw ds since yestday, bt it's annoying avin topics like ds wen we av councillors in d LG.
If they tend 2 be useless, dy shld be scrapped.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by JahMan1: 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2011
Guys tread softly.
Why ask all my details? Fone,Name,House address,etc.Odikwa very risky oo!
I don't trust those touts littering the public service of Lagos.
Re: How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos by vgregory(m): 1:58am On Oct 11, 2011
Try to contact them. Most email providers allow attachments, so the moment someone hits the mail form, they would get the content delivered to their inbox.

(1) (Reply)

Forcados Break Denies NPDC N60bn Oil Revenue In Three Months / Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters / Buhari Is The Most Useless President In The Histroy Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.