Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Owerri, Imo State In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri, Imo State In Pictures (58890 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
desertboom:

@chamber2. . . I'm not here for tribal war, I'm[b] too enlighten[/b] to engage in tribal gymnastic with you. Yes. . . Those very clean and green  photos were fabricated by Ohakim to deceive people, you may have seen it online and decided to post it here, for example; you posted a photo of a fully completed bridge/fly-over here for us to see how Owerri is developing. Sir. . . There is no such fly-over yet here in Owerri, construction is ongoing in Orji and Amakohia by some incompetent philipines that scatter and build everyday. Can you tell me where there is such fly-over you posted here in Owerri? I'll like to visit and see for myself. Those photos are deceit, lies, fake and political. I'm not a visitor here, I'm living and studying here.  

Enlightened indeed!

Did you not read where i stated that the picture of the bridge is only but a prototype and the project is ongoing?

Yes, you study in owerri and where do you think i live?

I repeat, if you care, those pictures are real except the one of bridge.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
chy101:

@chamber2, you may have to give up this campaign, because it has turned out that its all still on bill boards as people have consistently commented here, its not yet on the ground and from all indications it was never planned to be on the ground.

which of them is not yet on ground?

Except the bridge that is still uncompleted all others are there for you to see.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by OneNaira6: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
^^^ No mind am.

This is Naira land, they can't help but insult others achievement.

The ones claiming they studied in Owerri and are ready to get out might be lying.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2011
My internet connection is very poor, I didn't see some of the comments above my post that's why It's like that and If you're observant you'll see that my post is repeated because of poor internet service. Where did you get the fly-over photo from? So you're aware that the fly-over photo is fake and you went ahead to post it here for us to believe your cheap lie. Don't you think it makes you a liar? You've to apologise to us all for flaunting fake and deceitful photo.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
My internet connection is very poor, I didn't see some of the comments above my post that's why It's like that and If you're observant you'll see that my post is repeated because of poor internet service. Where did you get the fly-over photo from? So you're aware that the fly-over photo is fake and you went ahead to post it here for us to believe your cheap lie. Don't you think it makes you a liar? You've to apologise to us all for flaunting fake and deceitful photo.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
desertboom:

My internet connection is very poor, I didn't see some of the comments above my post that's why It's like that and If you're observant you'll see that my post is repeated because of poor internet service. Where did you get the fly-over photo from? So you're aware that the fly-over photo is fake and you went ahead to post it here for us to believe your cheap lie. Don't you think it makes you a liar? You've to apologise to us all for  flaunting fake and deceitful photo.

Stop displaying your ignorance here. Don't you know what prototype means? Are there no construction work going on before glass house since you claim to be a student?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by LordNaya: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2011
@Chambers thanks for u for being polite nd tolerating all de insults, provocations nd lies by people full of envy and hate. Owerri is indeed a beautiful place to stay. @freecocoa must u abuse de people of owerri? Why cant u just make ur comments with insults? It is ur village and state dat is full of not only wicked but devilish people at least judging from ur posts. Imo and indeed Owerri is full of God fearing, peaceful and industrous people. If u cant control ur hate/envy, go and commit suicide. @desertbroom ur northern jungle is no where near owerri. Read vanguard news for 11-10-2011 one of the headlines reads "200 communities in the north displaced by desertification" little wonder u choose 2 school in owerri. Abi who no like beta tin? If u were as enlightened as u claim u wont be bias in ur argument. I xpect u 2 say both the negative nd positive side of owerri. @Ndi Igbo owuru ihenine i hunyuru ki g'ekwu. Yes, ihe gbasara fly over wu ashi but owur'ihenine ihunuru ki g'ekwu. Óbuna n'ówu ndi ugwu mó ndi Yoruba, ha g'ekwe nó wu ashi? Why do u want to be an angel in hell? @all the poster just want to portray the good side of owerri it doesnt mean that owerri dont have its shortcomings just as every city in the world. Peace be on to you
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by LordNaya: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
Pls pardon me, I made some mistakes when typing. But am sure u understood by points. Thanks.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2011
@chamber. You are the one being ignorant and deluded here. Didn't you read where I said construction is ongoing? 'prototype' why didn't you tell us from the start? Why must you feed us fake and deceitful information? You knew It's a prototype yet you flaunt it as if It's a completed project.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by OgidiBoy(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
@ chambers,

Nice pictures, keep representing your state my brother. I'm sure some on here will love to see pictures of bad road, trash, and  pullet holes on houses

from the war. Gone are the days,Southeast has risen again, and by the grace of God Southeast will be the new Dubai of Africa.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2011
Lord Naya:

@Chambers thanks for u for being polite nd tolerating all de insults, provocations nd lies by people full of envy and hate. Owerri is indeed a beautiful place to stay. @freecocoa must u abuse de people of owerri? Why cant u just make your comments with insults? It is your village and state dat is full of not only wicked but devilish people at least judging from your posts. Imo and indeed Owerri is full of God fearing, peaceful and industrous people. If u cant control your hate/envy, go and commit suicide. @desertbroom your northern jungle is no where near owerri. Read vanguard news for 11-10-2011 one of the headlines reads "200 communities in the north displaced by desertification" little wonder u choose 2 school in owerri. Abi who no like beta tin? If u were as enlightened as u claim u wont be bias in your argument. I xpect u 2 say both the negative nd positive side of owerri. @Ndi Igbo owuru ihenine i hunyuru ki g'ekwu. Yes, ihe gbasara fly over wu ashi but owur'ihenine ihunuru ki g'ekwu. Óbuna n'ówu ndi ugwu mó ndi Yoruba, ha g'ekwe nó wu ashi? Why do u want to be an angel in hell? @all the poster just want to portray the good side of owerri it doesnt mean that owerri dont have its shortcomings just as every city in the world. Peace be on to you

Oga diri gi nma. Our stories are better told by ourselves, not outsiders.

OgidiBoy:

@ chambers,

Nice pictures, keep representing your state my brother. I'm sure some on here will love to see pictures of bad road, trash, and  pullet holes on houses

from the war. Gone are the days,Southeast has risen again, and by the grace of God Southeast will be the new Dubai of Africa.

Yeah, most people were expecting to see pictures of bullet holes and beggars typical of other states in Nigeria. Imo is growing and we need investors to come and tap from the endless opportunities in Imo state.

desertboom:

@chamber. You are the one being ignorant and deluded here. Didn't you read where I said construction is ongoing? 'prototype' why didn't you tell us from the start? Why must you feed us fake and deceitful information? You knew It's a prototype yet you flaunt it as if It's a completed project.

I don't just have your time. Graduate quick and leave the state, after all, imo can boast of many graduates and will need less of people like you. BTW, why didn't you study in your own state?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2011
Owerri from a different perspective.

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 12:20am On Oct 12, 2011
@Lord Naya. . . I am not against progress, My prayers is for every Nigeria state to grow and prosper but what I hate is lies and deceit. Why must one faceless fellow come online to post fake photo? Why must you deceive people here? The project is ongoing, when It's completed you can take several shots to show the world not a prototype. People need to see real and practical things not a billboard on how it will look like. Picture is different from realit, enough said! There are also good sides of Owerri but that will be for another day, let's talk of the one at hand. What makes you think I'm from the north? Is it because of my username? Oh. . . Wake up. @chamber. Before 10months I'll be off so that you can enjoy your state but don't tell cheap lies anymore here again
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2011
More of Owerri.

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2011
More Owerrri.

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 1:03am On Oct 12, 2011
@PROUD-IGBO

keep the pictures coming.

Don't mind some people who claim to live in owerri and yet don't know what is going on in the environment.

At least, i have been vindicated by your posts
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by OgidiBoy(m): 1:12am On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@Lord Naya. . . I am not against progress, My prayers is for every Nigeria state to grow and prosper but what I hate is lies and deceit. Why must one faceless fellow come online to post fake photo? Why must you deceive people here? The project is ongoing, when It's completed you can take several shots to show the world not a prototype. People need to see real and practical things not a billboard on how it will look like. Picture is different from realit, enough said! There are also good sides of Owerri but that will be for another day, let's talk of the one at hand. What makes you think I'm from the north? Is it because of my username? Oh. . . Wake up. @chamber. Before 10months I'll be off so that you can enjoy your state but don't tell cheap lies anymore here again

Bros stop hating, if it pains you that much that Owerri is look beautiful,

start your own thread and show us the progress in your state.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by htajz: 1:25am On Oct 12, 2011
owerri is a neat and decent city , not much industries there but you can tell they have a high percentage of middle class citizens, few very rich dudes loots of young women cheesy and little or almost no poor people(except for almajiros that are slowly invading the city), if nigeria was a better place , one can easily be working or doing buisness in ph,aba,onitsha and after work take a train back to cities like calabar,owerri ,enugu ,yenogoa.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 1:32am On Oct 12, 2011
htajz:

owerri is a neat and decent city , not much industries there but you can tell they have a high percentage of middle class citizens, few very rich dudes loots of young women  cheesy and little or almost no poor people(except for almajiros that are slowly invading the city), if nigeria was a better place , one can easily be working or doing  buisness in ph,aba,onitsha and after work take a train back to cities like calabar,owerri ,enugu ,yenogoa.

fairly objective.

In fact, train from Ph to owerri shouldn't be more than 20-30 minutes

We are losing a lot in this country, no better intercity connection.

Calabar, enugu, owerri, asaba are only but a few decent cities in Nigeria/SS

Decent in the sense that one can raise children there, live a stress-free life without much traffic, harassment etc

Apart from the political kidnapping saga, owerri has low crime rate.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by ak47mann(m): 2:44am On Oct 12, 2011
some people can hate 4 no reason sha undecided undecided undecided

freecocoa
[b]chamber2 [/b]mean you are lucky to school in a beautiful and civilize town like owerri and still have your life,you should thank your lord you didn't school in the north were they have nice people, may be by now you wont be here talking to us,
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by ezeagu(m): 2:59am On Oct 12, 2011
Owere and Port Harcourt are the places to be right now. Enugu needs people.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 6:59am On Oct 12, 2011
People hate truth, If you tell them the truth they'll hate you. I've said it, if you'll don't like it deal with it. You can't come here with fake and deceitful photos and expect me to buy into it. Say the truth the way it is, maybe some of you are politicians or you benefit from it, maybe some of you are clown bigot that talk out of sentiment just because you're from there. It's shame that Nigeria will never stop celebrating mediocrity
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by dagboss(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2011
@chamber2
Is this fly over completed now? This  picture looks like the huge bill board displayed around the construction site. I was in Owerri sometimes February while it was still under construction and i actually satyed in one new private hotel very close to the construction site.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 8:01am On Oct 12, 2011
dagboss:

@chamber2
Is this fly over completed now? This  picture looks like the huge bill board displayed around the construction site. I was in Owerri sometimes February while it was still under construction and i actually satyed in one new private hotel very close to the construction site.

The flyover is yet to be completed
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2011
I said; Remove the the fly-over photo, there is no such completed project here in Owerri. We don't need to see painted picture of how it will be, people want to see real things. Many of those very clean and green photos are political and deceitful, Hate me for saying the truth for all I don't care. People should stop acting out of emotions and sentiment here, say the truth and say it the way it is
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

I said; Remove the the fly-over photo, there is no such completed project here in Owerri. We don't need to see painted picture of how it will be, people want to see real things. Many of those very clean and green photos are political and deceitful, Hate me for saying the truth for all I don't care. People should stop acting out of emotions and sentiment here, say the truth and say it the way it is   

Do you have any problem with ongoing projects in Imo state? Inasmuch as the project is ongoing there is nothing wrong in informing the public of the existence of such project(s) in the state. The project is not only on billboards, it's right there at Amawire waiting to be completed soon. Even a blind man would notice that the picture of the bridge is only but a prototype. I have also repeatedly stated that here.

However, i want to reiterate that every other picture posted here are the true situation of things in Imo state. You claimed that owerri sucks and you wouldn't have anything to do with the state upon completion of your studies. Good luck, don't come to Imo state and we don't care if you exist either.

It is surprising that someone in 300 level at the university does not know the type of utterances to be made in a public forum, albeit being anonymous. You and the other cretin spoke evil of a state that offered you shelter, security, education etc even when you may have been rejected by other institutions in the country. If you could say this to the state i wonder what you will say of the university that is about to award you their degree.

If you read the title of this thread it says, ''Owerri, Imo state In Pictures.'' This shows that the thread is only but an avenue to showcase various developmental projects in imo state. So far in the thread NO politician have neither been mentioned nor praised. What does that prove to you? Pictures of Fashola, Amaechi and Chime's projects are everywhere in the internet even when those projects are yet to be completed. At least they are ongoing.

Learn to reason objectively, that is the attribute of an enlightened person which you claim to you. Don't just start rattling like a bull in a Chinese shop, you will end up appearing like an ignorant personality. Every other person who wrote here made very objective statements, they all started by identifying the good part of the state and then identified areas that need improvement. That is how an enlightened person is expected to reason.

If you are not comfortable with the pictures, maybe because it's not coming from your state, then turn off your computer or move to another thread.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Wislet(f): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2011
why are some people so bitter? You claim owerri is not beautiful- are u on this planet? Some peeps are so bitter you'll wonder why they never bothered to school in their states. Even someone that came for a day tour has more knowledge of the city than the ones claiming to know, For the bitter one, where in the world do u find perfect people? A people will treat you the way you treat them, and with all that bitter spirit? Lol. No wonder. At least you confine it to owerri indegenes, cos it would be a big craze to extend it to the other local governments.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by bravedude(m): 9:32am On Oct 12, 2011
Just imagine the Douglas Market road you uploaded,like i said friend,those photos are just i area which is world bank.Have you gone through the relief market road down to wetheral?dat road is extremely bad,wen i was there,i couldn't make use of d road as i have to go through Mbaise road just 2 get 2 wetheral dat is just down d str.Well i don't no if u have been out of the country,i bet u will accet 9ja is bleeped up.Does are not road,they are way 2 narrow.4get 9ja and move ahead frnd.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2011
bravedude:

Just imagine the Douglas Market road you uploaded,like i said friend,those photos are just i area which is world bank.Have you gone through the relief market road down to wetheral?dat road is extremely bad,wen i was there,i couldn't make use of d road as i have to go through Mbaise road just 2 get 2 wetheral dat is just down d str.Well i don't no if u have been out of the country,i bet u will accet 9ja is bleeped up.Does are not road,they are way 2 narrow.4get 9ja and move ahead frnd.

Oga, why don't you upload pictures of the areas you visited? You requested for douglas, wetheral and Amakohia and i made efforts to upload pictures of those areas.

No body says owerri is heaven on earth, even Abj and lagos have places like the ones you mentioned. nigeria is a developing country and cannot be compared with places in US, UK etc. I only uploaded pictures of areas i noticed improvements when i visited last. The onus is on you to upload any other picture you deemed necessary, at least, you don't know who may be viewing it here.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by bravedude(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2011
Well i'm in my finals at the state university and have lived there for close to 4yrs now.I left the state 3month ago and traveled out of the country.I will be there early next year and hope those undergoing project are completed then,especially that of Amawaya and mechanic villa since we have alot of hostels there.Well good one bro.I love Owerri it's very lifely,though i am based in lagos.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 9:57am On Oct 12, 2011
bravedude:

Well i'm in my finals at the state university and have lived there for close to 4yrs now.I left the state 3month ago and traveled out of the country.I will be there early next year and hope those undergoing project are completed then,especially that of Amawaya and mechanic villa since we have alot of hostels there.Well good one bro.I love Owerri it's very lifely,though i am based in lagos.

I left that school few yrs ago, and currently doing postgraduate studies abroad. So, i am not an agent of any politician (i don't support any). But we as citizens have a role to play in the development of our state.

Well, good luck to you and safe trip.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 10:03am On Oct 12, 2011
@chamber. Hahaha. . . I laugh you with your blah blah blah, my state this, my state that. A good number of your people from your state are also enjoying prosperity of life and good education in my state too, many have not even been to their home town before because of good life offered to them, my state has offered your people with scholarship, security, education and many poverty alleviation programs. You thought I'll tell you my state of origin so that you'll quickly engage me in tribal talk. For your information, I'm not a tribalist and I'm not against progress too. My point is for people to know the reality on ground not just some fancy cheap billboard photo. It's very funny that you've labelled me with all manner of names and tag me evil, and enemy of progress just to prove your point and project yourself higher. We're talking about your fake advert and photo of Owerri so stick to it. If you don't like it I'll tell again that many of this your photo are political photos enough said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adzuayi Ewuga’s, 11 Others Die In Plane Crash In Cameroon (Photo) / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) / Night Scene Of Bodija And Samonda, Ibadan: Beautiful Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.