Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit (37111 Views)

Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG / Sunday Igboho Apprehends Soldiers, Accuse FG Of Spying On Him (Photos) / Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Meeting With FG Over Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Brushstrokes20: 6:21am On Jul 29, 2023
As expected!
Satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND sadistic scums!
# when the people are ready, THE NEEDFUL WILL BE DONE! 👌😎
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by SenatePresdo(m): 6:23am On Jul 29, 2023
001Lagos:
Nigerians deserve the kind of wicked leaders that they get

Yoruba people, not Nigerians.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Glead(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2023
Government don cause division una mist already .
You pole no get say anymore !
The usual trik of the government !!
Émi lol kan.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by oluwaseyi0: 6:48am On Jul 29, 2023
sonofsteven:

Do you know minimum wage means??

Increasing it will cause unemployment too
E.g, househelp,cleaners,gatemen,security etc will receive not less than the minimum wage too from their employer

Tell me if some people will still employ driver,nanny etc if it's increased to 200k as proposed

No body will increase it to 200k those asking are just comedians increase to 50k and we are all good
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by nairalanda1(m): 6:52am On Jul 29, 2023
Brave9ja:
I said it.

Qatar has 1.8 million people, and earns revenue from 1.1 million barrels a day

Saudi has 40 million people and earns revenue from over 10million barrels a day

Nigeria has 220 million people and earns revenue from 1.5 million barrels a day.

So, putting it into perspective...

About I-2 Qataris can get money from a barrel of oil per day..that's 42 dollars a day. (Brent as at this am is 84 dollars per barrel)

About 4 Saudis can get money from a barrel of oil per day...that's 21 dollars a day

About 147 Nigerians share the money from a barrel of oil a day....that is a measly 57 cents a day per person.

Yeah, we may have oil, but we have a very large population. No way we can live like the Saudis and Qataris...who have by far smaller populations. Maybe if we cut Nigeria's population by 210 million, we could get somewhere.

Oil rich means nothing. Rich nations are nations like China, Germany, USA, Japan and Russia...who have well developed exporting industrial sectors. Relying on oil only means we get poor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Invest4growth: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2023
Surely majority of Nigerians are surprised about the unpreparedness of this administration. The president failed to ride the tide. As incoming president, he should have taken certain actions during his foreign that should materialize during the week of his sweating into office. For instance, he could ensure that 100 CNG buses are brought into this country while more can come later. But instead all he cared about was to pauperize the people and make them suffer. I hope he does not turn Nigeria into Niger Republic. He is messing up. He should stop sending rhethorixs to the prople
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Allisgud: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2023
Ozommadu:

Where's Apapa the Apc babalawo in LP??

dem never settle am grin
as transport don hike na,him don stay one place grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by condralbedez: 7:11am On Jul 29, 2023
Ex Governor Ibori’s Daugher will head House Committee NDDC.

Ex Gov. Nasir El Rufai’s Son will head House Committee on Banking Regulation.

Ex Gov. Alao Akala’s son will head House Committee on Youths in Parliament.

Ex Gov. Osoba’s son will chair Committee on Justice.

But it's the son of a Nobody that will snatch ballot boxes and rig elections on election day.

I refuse to belong in that system

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Chiefpriestt: 7:15am On Jul 29, 2023
helinues:
Shakara oloje

grin
I wish I could spot you in reality, I would use you to sacrifice for the gods
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Snowx: 7:17am On Jul 29, 2023
Initial gra grab.tomorrow you will hear NLC suspends their strike..bunch of corrupt mofos
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Mrtaye: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2023
[quote author=Christistruth03 post=124728029][/quote]
Mugu stop your ethnic nonsense
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by helinues: 7:26am On Jul 29, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
I wish I could spot you in reality, I would use you to sacrifice for the gods

You wey go pee for your trouser for sighting me alone

Mtcheeeew
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Ezmans: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
all this palliative is waste of time

increase minimum wage and let us all rest
simple talk
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Ezmans: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2023
jeromestarks:
Joe ibokwe is a fool
what makes him a fool
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by TotoGame(m): 7:52am On Jul 29, 2023
haslaw:

If anyone would protest against this goverment, only IIGB0S would go out to protest and it's not because the government is doing well or not. It would be out of hatred and BIGOTRY.

Just like Yorubas protested against Jonathan out of hatred and Bigotry at Ojota 2012.... the hypocrisy of yoruba people stinks to high heavens

Sometimes I wonder if Tinubu were to be from another region, by now the whole south west will be at the streets Protesting, shameless hypocrites
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Ikea81: 8:24am On Jul 29, 2023
The current labour leaders are fools. Why are they attending the meeting in the first place? A useless govt giving billions to senators and judges while neglecting the poor get sense?
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by haslaw(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2023
TotoGame:

Just like Yorubas protested against Jonathan out of hatred and Bigotry at Ojota 2012.... the hypocrisy of yoruba people stinks to high heavens

Sometimes I wonder if Tinubu were to be from another region, by now the whole south west will be at the streets Protesting, shameless hypocrites

Hahaha...

Yet Tinubu lost 2 out of the Yoruba states.

I am a Northerner so stop foaming at the mouth and revisit the election result and see for yourself.

Demonstrations against Jonathan was nationwide but you are so fixated on Lagos, you think everything begins and ends in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Quodseverismete: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2023
Femi Gbajabimiala that deceived ASUU?. That Man is a perfect example of treacherous and deceit.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by haslaw(m): 8:33am On Jul 29, 2023
Quodseverismete:
Femi Gbajabimiala that deceived ASUU?. That Man is a perfect example of treacherous and deceit.

Stop typing out of hatred. How did Gbajabiamila deceived ASUU?
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by ayo2008: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-labour-leaders-walk-out-of-aso-rock-meeting-accuse-fg-of-deceit/

Sometimes I still wonder why Nigerians are so cold and quiet like this inspite of the hardhip on the masses? It seems APC don jazz Nigerians..lolz
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Reference(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2023
grandstar:

You are the tribal person here! You see things in a tribal light and perceive everyone else will.

So, Nigerians were not tribal when they voted for Jonathan? He won all states of the Southwest except Osun state (Aregbesola was still very popular then) and they did not vote for the ACN candidate Ribadu. You start shouting tribalism when it suits you

Did OBJ not try severally just to increase the price and met great opposition? Is OBJ Ijaw? Was he from a minority tribe like the Chibok? Most Yorubas applauded Oshiomole's frustrations of OBJ's oil price increases.

Jonathan failed to carry the nation along that he would remove the subsidy and deregulate the price. The nation just woke up on January 1st, 2012, with the announcement that the subsidy was gone and price fully deregulated.

Who does that? Where's the wisdom? He should have started sensitizing with stakeholders that he would remove the price after he won the 2011 elections. Heavy consultations with the state governors and stakeholders should have been had on how to end it. Oshiomole who was now a governor realizing his mistake could have reached an agreement with the NLC. I fully supported the deregulation then and now.

OBJ did a very poor job of enlightening the population of the need to end the subsidy and fully deregulate the price. That military man in him preferred to impose things on the citizenry rather than work through consultation. The same Oshiomole who fought him hard upon becoming governor realized that the subsidy was costing the nation dearly and short-changing all 3 tiers of government.

This is 2023. Times are different. It is glaring that the petrol subsidy is adversely affecting the country. Buhari's wasted 8 years has exposed the unaffordability of the subsidy, costing about a quarter to a third of the budget to finance.

Also, Tinubu, Obi and Atiku all stated they would remove it. So, what's the problem here? Is it because it was a Yoruba man that eventually removed it? If it needed to be removed, it should irrespective of who actually did so.

My friend there is no excuse for what happened in 2012.
All the 'carrying along tale' is just white wash and you folks should just ghost mode on that.

You guys are just lucky political opposition especially that of the PDP is dead, if not this period will have been almost ungovernable and payback will have been severe.

You principal put politics ahead of national interests in 2012 and any push back he experiences today he helped heap on himself, period.
No sympathy for this government from any Nigerian on the subsidy drama.
The APC government is merely reaping from where it sowed.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Mayeldah(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2023
Arapmoi22:

They are wasting their time.
Their Strike action has failed before starting.

Citizens can't afford more than a week indoor. Else, hunger will chase majority out.
At the end of the day, Ajaero will beg through the back door to sit with FG.

But like a dog that will not listen to the hunter's whistle, let him go ahead with his strike action.

Majority needs 1000 naira daily earning to survive, will NLC feed them?

NLC is only fighting for government workers who are minorities of Nigerian workforce.

I know you are a supporter of this failed government but be fair to your children and family members. Tinubu and APC will come and go but the evil you support today may come to hunt your generation.

There are many ways of staging a strike action, they can start with FG workers down tooling, that won't affect the common man on the street.

How can a sensible government suspend a policy that has been around for over 40 years without first putting measures in place to cushion the effect? You think GEJ, OBJ and Buhari that have been shifting the implementation are fools?
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Mayeldah(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2023
grandstar:

You are the tribal person here! You see things in a tribal light and perceive everyone else will.

So, Nigerians were not tribal when they voted for Jonathan? He won all states of the Southwest except Osun state (Aregbesola was still very popular then) and they did not vote for the ACN candidate Ribadu. You start shouting tribalism when it suits you

Did OBJ not try severally just to increase the price and met great opposition? Is OBJ Ijaw? Was he from a minority tribe like the Chibok? Most Yorubas applauded Oshiomole's frustrations of OBJ's oil price increases.

Jonathan failed to carry the nation along that he would remove the subsidy and deregulate the price. The nation just woke up on January 1st, 2012, with the announcement that the subsidy was gone and price fully deregulated.

Who does that? Where's the wisdom? He should have started sensitizing with stakeholders that he would remove the price after he won the 2011 elections. Heavy consultations with the state governors and stakeholders should have been had on how to end it. Oshiomole who was now a governor realizing his mistake could have reached an agreement with the NLC. I fully supported the deregulation then and now.

OBJ did a very poor job of enlightening the population of the need to end the subsidy and fully deregulate the price. That military man in him preferred to impose things on the citizenry rather than work through consultation. The same Oshiomole who fought him hard upon becoming governor realized that the subsidy was costing the nation dearly and short-changing all 3 tiers of government.

This is 2023. Times are different. It is glaring that the petrol subsidy is adversely affecting the country. Buhari's wasted 8 years has exposed the unaffordability of the subsidy, costing about a quarter to a third of the budget to finance.

Also, Tinubu, Obi and Atiku all stated they would remove it. So, what's the problem here? Is it because it was a Yoruba man that eventually removed it? If it needed to be removed, it should irrespective of who actually did so.

So your Tinubu carried everyone along when he shouted 'Subsidy is gone' without first getting to where he is going?

Na 'Ode' you be seriously.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Ozommadu: 9:22am On Jul 29, 2023
Christistruth03:

He is finishing off the Obidients at the Supreme Court

Dream on

Keep dreaming
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by grandstar(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2023
Mayeldah:

So your Tinubu carried everyone along when he shouted 'Subsidy is gone' without first getting to where he is going?

Na 'Ode' you be seriously.

You're simply pissed subsidy is gone.

Nothing will make you ever support the cancelation of the money guzzling subsidy that was ruining the economy and creating mountains of debt for generations unborn to carry.

The removal of the subsidy was already enshrined in the Petroleum Industey Act. This was very public knowledge. It just awaited its implementation on July 1st this year. Buhari had shifted the implementation date from last year. How much "carry along" did you want? Is government not a continuum?

When Jonathan reduced the pump price from 97/litre to 87, you did not need to be carried along.

If the situation was reversed and the act stipulated that the pump price be reduced to 100/litre in July but Tinubu implemented it same day, you'll all be hailing Tinubu as an action man and a man of the people.

You better go watch "Carry on Cowboy."

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Donedeal1(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2023
Can someone give me the full meaning of

NIGERIA J A G A. J A G A.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by grandstar(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2023
Reference:

My friend there is no excuse for what happened in 2012.
All the 'carrying along tale' is just white wash and you folks should just ghost mode on that.

You guys are just lucky political opposition especially that of the PDP is dead, if not this period will have been almost ungovernable and payback will have been severe.

You principal put politics ahead of national interests in 2012 and any push back he experiences today he helped heap on himself, period.
No sympathy for this government from any Nigerian on the subsidy drama.
The APC government is merely reaping from where it sowed.

I am excited at the reforms presently taking place.

The truth is it is the policies I support and not necessarily the government. Since I supported the subsidy removal in 2012, it indicates i am policy focused and not party.

There's virtually no difference between the 2 parties, the only difference are the parts of the country where each party dominates. That's why there's so much cross carpeting. The only thing unites these 2 parties is endemic corruption.

Ever since Babangida and Abacha made it fashionable and highly respectable to see political office simply as a means to embezzle on a large scale with impunity and go scot free, that culture permeates too deeply today.

The level of corruption is frightening and mediocrity worrying.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by CodeTemplar: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2023
grandstar:

according to you, obj and gej did poor jobs of enlightening the people but Tinubu who backdated it with one month did a perfect job. It is clearer now who you are with.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Reference(m): 10:21am On Jul 29, 2023
grandstar:

I am excited at the reforms presently taking place.

The truth is it is the policies I support and not necessarily the government. Since I supported the subsidy removal in 2012, it indicates i am policy focused and not party.

There's virtually no difference between the 2 parties, the only are the parts of the country where each party dominates. That's why there's so much cross carpeting. The only thing unites these 2 parties is endemic corruption.

Ever since Babangida and Abacha made it fashionable and highly respectable to see political office simply as a means to embezzle on a large scale with impunity and go scot free, that culture permeates too deeply today.

The level of corruption is frightening and mediocrity worrying.

The reforms are absolutely necessary.
Will they have been easier to take in 2012, no.
Is it harder now, yes.
Because the preceding government was terribly financially reckless leaving Nigeria much worse economic state than it was in 2015 or 2012 for that matter.

But there was a better way out which is similar to what is happening in the power sector, piecemeal removal of subsidies, currency and energy subsidies. A 20 percent removal each calendar year equivalent to a 5 year spread will not have triggered the kind of catastrophic inflation we see today.

Even at 10 percent removal per annum will have ended before the Tinubu tenure and he will have had a clean slate to work with. But crass, short sighted politicking led us this way.

Nigerians love everything the very hard way.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by Mayeldah(m): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2023
grandstar:

You're simply pissed subsidy is gone.

Nothing will make you ever support the cancelation of the money guzzling subsidy that was ruining the economy and creating mountains of debt for generations unborn to carry.

The removal of the subsidy was already enshrined in the Petroleum Industey Act. This was very public knowledge. It just awaited its implementation on July 1st this year. Buhari had shifted the implementation date from last year. How much "carry along" did you want? Is government not a continuum?

When Jonathan reduced the pump price from 97/litre to 87, you did not need to be carried along.

If the situation was reversed and the act stipulated that the pump price be reduced to 100/litre in July but Tinubu implemented it same day, you'll all be hailing Tinubu as an action man and a man of the people.

You better go watch "Carry on Cowboy."

Why didn't he wait till July 1st to announce the removal? At least that would have given him the whole of June to put measures in place.

What even made you think the savings from subsidy removal will benefit the average Nigerian? 13th percent derivation for Niger Delta, who did it benefit? except you are a politician, I wonder why you are struggling to defend a corrupt set of people who meant no good for the Nation. Where are all the promises of Buhari in 2015? how many of them did he fulfill?

Abeg, park one side jare'
Re: Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit by grandstar(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2023
Reference:

The reforms are absolutely necessary.
Will they have been easier to take in 2012, no.
Is it harder now, yes.
Because the preceding government was terribly financially reckless leaving Nigeria much worse economic state than it was in 2015 or 2012 for that matter.

But there was a better way out which is similar to what is happening in the power sector, piecemeal removal of subsidies, currency and energy subsidies. A 20 percent removal each calendar year equivalent to a 5 year spread will not have triggered the kind of catastrophic inflation we see today.

Even at 10 percent removal per annum will have ended before the Tinubu tenure and he will have had a clean slate to work with. But crass, short sighted politicking led us this way.

Nigerians love everything the very hard way.

There was no option but for its total removal in one swell swoop.

How do you remove subsidy piecemeal for a commodity prone to price swings? This year, the price is $60/barrel, the following year $90?

More importantly, how do you remove it piecemeal from a country with double digit inflation? That's why Nigerians would argue when Jonathan reduce the petrol price to 87/litre, how come there's still a subsidy?

You'll need Inflation to be around 2% to perform such a feat.

Most importantly, the subsidy had become a money guzzling vampire. It was simply no longer affordable. It would cost $10b this year, 25-33% of the budget.

It was forecasted that 96% of the government revenue for this fiscal year would be used to service debt. Where is the money for the subsidy? Government was already anticipating the need to print money to finance it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Comment About Sahara Reporters In 2014 And Now (Photos) / Pictures: APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Jigawa / A Vote For Buhari Is A Vote For Tinubu – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.