Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair (21318 Views)

Wike’s Gamble On Rivers APC's Ministerial Slot - Thisday / VP Slot: PDP Dismisses Report Of Wike's Selection As Atiku's Running Mate / VP Slot: PDP Goes To South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Antoeni(m): 6:03am On Jul 29, 2023
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is due to take a definite decision on the immediate past governor of Rivers State, Mr Nyesom Wike, following his nomination as minister by President Bola Tinubu.

Wike has been locked in a running battle with the PDP after the party decided to go into the last elections with its then National Chairman, Dr.Iyorchia Ayu, and presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, both from the North.

The Acting National Chairman, Ambassador Umar Damagum, told The Nation on the phone yesterday that consultation was already in progress on the Wike issue.

“We are already consulting with the PDP Governors Forum on the matter and the National Working Committee (NWC) will be meeting on Monday to take a definite position on it,” Damagum said.

The chairman said that contrary to allegations that the PDP has gone to bed since the outcome of the elections, the leadership has been engaging the various party organs in consultations with a view to addressing the various challenges confronting the party.

Damagum said: “There is no lull in the PDP like you said, just because you have not seen us moving to the streets. Consultations are ongoing with key stakeholders.

“Among those we are consulting with are state chairmen, the PDP Governors Forum, past National Chairmen and a select group of PDP elders.

“We are also meeting with the leadership of the PDP Youth organ next week. So we have not been idle as some people might think.”

On why the party has not convened its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting in the last 10 months, Damagum said there were still issues to be resolved before NEC meeting can hold.

The PDP constitution stipulates that NEC meeting must hold every quarter (three months) and vests the National Chairman with the power to convene the meeting. The last NEC meeting was convened on September 8, 2022.

But Damagum said he alone cannot take the decision to convene NEC meeting.

He said: “The fact that I am the chairman does not make me the Alpha and Omega in the PDP. There are stakeholders in other organs of the party who are also critical to any decision to convene the NEC. Among them are the organs I mentioned earlier.

“And don’t forget that we still have our case in court”, referring to the ongoing presidential election petition where the PDP and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, are challenging the victory of President Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Asked to clarify media reports that he was receiving backing from the Wike camp, Damagum said he was neutral in the entire fray and that he would remain neutral in the overall interest of the PDP.

The chairman said he was not aware of any moves by some interest groups within the party to remove him from office.

Some online publications had reported yesterday that the Atiku camp was plotting Damagum’s removal from office over his alleged romance with the Wike group.

The nomination of Wike for ministerial position in the APC administration is causing ripples in the PDP.

The former Rivers State governor and four of his fellow PDP governors, Seyi Makinde (Oyo),Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia ),Samuel Ortom (Benue) and Ifeanyi Ugwuayi (Enugu) opted not to work for the party in the presidential election on account of the issue of national chairman and presidential candidate coming from the same part of the country.

Our correspondent learnt yesterday that Wike has been working in the background to draw his four other friends in the G-5 closer to President Tinubu.

A source close to ex-Governor Ortom confirmed the development to our correspondent in a telephone chat on Friday.

According to the source, who does not want his name in print, Ortom had resolved his differences with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator George Akume. The SGF is the leader of the APC in Benue State.

Akume, who was Benue governor from 1999 to 2007, used to be Ortom’s political godfather before they parted ways shortly before the 2019 general election.

Akume was instrumental to how Ortom joined the APC and got elected governor in 2015 on the party’s platform.

The two politicians, however, had a disagreement that led Ortom to later defect to the PDP where he secured the party’s ticket for his re-election in 2019.

The source confirmed that Ortom and some of the G-5 members were in Abuja yesterday for a scheduled meeting with Akume.

According to him, Wike was billed to be part of the scheduled meeting where some key decisions were expected to be taken.

The source said Akume might lead the group to meet with President Tinubu after the meeting.

“You must be aware that ex Governor Ortom has already reconciled with Senator Akume. The initial arrangement was for President Tinubu to reconcile them. But they have made the President’s job easier by being able to settle their differences on their own,” said the source.
https://thenationonlineng.net/ministerial-slot-pdp-to-decide-wikes-fate-monday-acting-chair/

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Antoeni(m): 6:03am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike Once Said " I Prefer to Stay Where There's Malaria Than to Go to Where There's Cancer" Wike Has Agreed to Be a Cancerous Minister

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Bigredmachine: 6:04am On Jul 29, 2023
You see the power of money !!! In Nigeria what ever problem money cannot solve, only more money can solve it ... As it stands now Wike seems untouchable, bigger than PDP...

He's having the current laugh now

PDP 0 : 1 WIKE

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Ttalk: 6:10am On Jul 29, 2023
PDP is now a dead party as Atiku cannot finance the party and Wike that has been doing it is about to be expelled

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by helinues: 6:12am On Jul 29, 2023
Hahahaha, which fate again.

Pdp better move on as Wike is now one spanner lost

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by CannibalTorment: 6:13am On Jul 29, 2023
They could not stop a moving rocket

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 29, 2023
I still don't like wike to be in Asiwaju's government, I don't like him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Antoeni(m): 6:17am On Jul 29, 2023
This is how shameless a Nigerian politician can be. He is a ministerial nominee for a ruling Party he so vehemently condemned. As at today, nothing has changed. Nigerians are in a worse situation than they were under Buhari, but he has been lobbying to be part of the ruling party. Sadly, he will easily pass screening at the Senate and become a Minister.
What a shame!!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Ttalk: 6:19am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:

I prefer Wike to Reno or FFK

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 29, 2023
Ttalk:

I prefer Wike to Reno or FFK
Wike is never loyal and always want to dictate to everybody. Watch out for him

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by illicit(m): 6:24am On Jul 29, 2023
I hope Wike in Tinubu's government won't be like Saraki in Buhari's govt (first term)

Hmmmm

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Ayoola171(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2023
In all the struggle, Wike is a winner. He took calculated and favorable risk.

Lekki Aviation Town Estate, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.

A place where you can invest and be sure of %100 returns on investment within few years while your investment still keep growing.

Imagine those who bought Ikoyi and Lekki at prime stage, they sure have great rewards for properties they invested in.

Ibeju-Lekki axis of Lagos is now opportunity not to missed out for investors home and abroad.

- Facing Lekki Epe Express way directly.
- Located opposite proposed Lekki International Airport.

Proximity to:
- Lekki Deep Seaport
- Dangote Refinery
- Pan African University
- Kellogg's Multinational and so on.

Currently selling on Promo & introductory price of:
- N19million ($23,000) per 500sqm
- N12million ($15,000) per 300sqm.

What a perfect investment opportunities?
For physical Inspection, enquiry and payment details contact the attached number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsPDdueD_vI

13 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by nairalanda1(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike several years ago: APC is evil, APC is bad, APC is dirty, APC is demonic!

Wike now: I humbly accept the offer to serve in the APC government of Bola Ahmed Tinubu...

Never ever trust a Nigerian politican.

Tinubu 11 years ago...Nigerians should oppose the subsidy removal attempt by the evil PDP government led by GEJ.

Tinubu May 29, 2023....Subsidy is GONE.

Never ever trust a Nigerian politician.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Nayturalistic: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike is a Winner.. bye bye to losers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Ivimmanuel: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2023
illicit:
I hope Wike in Tinubus government won't be like Saraki in Buharis govt

Hmmmm
I thought same and it's good. Let's see how it plays out if he comes for president 2027
Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by sniperwolf(m): 8:05am On Jul 29, 2023
PDP presenting herself as being weak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by skedman(m): 8:08am On Jul 29, 2023
He will still win them in the court
Ministerial position is not political it is a call to service which could be based on merit
Unless he want to leave himself otherwise he remain a bottleneck to pdp

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by nkemoma(m): 8:12am On Jul 29, 2023
WickedWike has unveiled himself...

Animal in human skin

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
Because he's not from West or North abi? undecided see your narrow mentality

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by ManLikeL: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2023
illicit:
I hope Wike in Tinubu's government won't be like Saraki in Buhari's govt (first term)

Hmmmm
Saraki was an elected member of the government and was weirded with power to an extent. Wike's own is an appointment determined solely by the president himself. If he does anyhow he would be booted out of office without remorse. By the way, where is the Saraki now? His sister is still way important I'm the scheme of things.

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by goldenceo1: 8:18am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike is very Cunny politician. You want to work for APC govt as a minister and still uses your Wife position to truncate your suspension from the party. Make PDP suspend am!

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Cantonese: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Promismike(m): 8:19am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike is cunning but not wise. Only time proves the wisdom of a man.

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by illicit(m): 8:19am On Jul 29, 2023
ManLikeL:

Saraki was an elected member of the government and was weirded with power to an extent. Wike's own is an appointment determined solely by the president himself. If he does anyhow he would be booted out of office without remorse. By the way, where is the Saraki now? His sister is still way important I'm the scheme of things.

Saraki the black sheep

O ti lo

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Kukutente23: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
Wike is never loyal and always want to dictate to everybody. Watch out for him
I don't think this is true
You can accuse Wike of many things but not disloyalty
Except you mean being a zombie

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Royalpee: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike has proven that every man has got a price tag...The PDP should immediately expel men like him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by seunlayi(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2023
Wike will be wrecked . This hypocrite govt will finish him

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by neonly: 8:21am On Jul 29, 2023
Antoeni:
Wike Once Said " I Prefer to Stay Where There's Malaria Than to Go to Where There's Cancer" Wike Has Agreed to Be a Cancerous Minister

dat video is trending now in PH
i hope it will not come to hunt him in d future or turn PH folks against him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Chibuzoripob: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2023
grin 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡
Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Jsucre(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2023
Antoeni:
malaria or cancer. Why are you using your confusion to confuse people?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair by Chibuzoripob: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2023
grin grin cheesy yeye people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: El Rufai Collects N20 From Voluntary Donors To His Campaign / Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG / Prophecies About Buhari, Osinbajo, Others That Never Came To Pass In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.