Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged (37908 Views)

Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
fof1:
■ Which City or Region are U resident or Domiciled,Pls? Go and Look for Pastor Dr.WF Kumuyi Currently holding Global Crusade with Kumuyi (GCK) at OGS OGBOMOSO IN OYO STATE...which ends on Tuesday 1st August. Envious People Never wanted him to become the Brilliant Doctor he was Pursuing. Thank God he is Alive...Don't give up on him,Pls.
Kumuyi don heal all the many mentally ill members, some wey don dey flood that church since the very beginning self? Na to recruit more broken people to increase count una dey, but you never stop to think that maybe it is best for Kumuyi to first finish healing all the ones wey don dey come stay tay before im go go dey recruit more to heal. undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
Turquoiseee:
Op I want you to keep quoting psalms 27 whenever you feel down or discouraged. He is the strength of your life. With long life will He satisfy you and show you His salvation in Jesus mighty name. I have been in your situation, it’s only God that can help and console you and not human philosophies
Oh yes, of course then there are those of you who use the bible as if a book of magical spells and incantations that you blindly invoke without thinking. If the Jews were not able to heal themselves through the invocation of the psalms before Jesus Christ showed up, what makes you think that the same psalms will cause anything to happen to you now? undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Opinedecandid(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Good morning everyone. I have to create this account to post this.
I can't even sleep at night lately.

I'm so tired and I need help right now. I have been doing this all by myself for so long now, without much complain but now, I need help.
Before I got married to my husband, I didn't know he had a seasonal mental health challenge, but not violent.

I met him in the university, he was in medicine, he had dreams, very ambitious, one of the best in his department, Working his way to travel abroad to continue his education. We were just friends, but I liked him. He kept on asking me out, but I declined. I wanted to graduate first.
We parted ways in year two. He changed school, so, I knew nothing about him again till years later.
Reconnected with him years later after graduation, to my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate, wasted all his resources and couldn't travel out. We still love each other, so we got married.
after the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man, but with too many changes and I was the only one who truly care and was there for him.
Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy. We had our second child last year after 8yrs.
Since early this year, the whole thing came up again. Since then, he became jobless again.
The financial burden is all on me. Right now, we can't afford to renew our rent.
I lost my business capital some times ago in wrong business, since then, it has been so much struggles.

I'm trying hard but it's not enough.
I'm thinking of working away, but to where? what about my children? Who will be there for them? What about him? But I'm tired of being in a marriage where I have to struggle for everything, where I can not depend on my man.
Pls, help us renew our house rent.

What do I do?

Take him to psychiatry.
This is important.
It can be treated.

Move to a small apartment.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Onliie(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Seek spiritual help for what they admit are of mental origins.

So when you fail an exam, you believe there was some sort of spiritual undertone to it all? You don resolve your own delusion there finish? undecided

Keep quiet, olodo
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
Onliie:
Keep quiet, olodo
Look who's talking! lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Emmanuel30a: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

I'm so tired and I need help right now. I have been doing this all by myself for so long now, without much complain but now, I need help.
Before I got married to my husband, I didn't know he had a seasonal mental health challenge, but not violent.

I met him in the university, he was in medicine, he had dreams, very ambitious, one of the best in his department, Working his way to travel abroad to continue his education. We were just friends, but I liked him. He kept on asking me out, but I declined. I wanted to graduate first.
We parted ways in year two. He changed school, so, I knew nothing about him again till years later.
Reconnected with him years later after graduation, to my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate, wasted all his resources and couldn't travel out. We still love each other, so we got married.
after the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man, but with too many changes and I was the only one who truly care and was there for him.
Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy. We had our second child last year after 8yrs.
Since early this year, the whole thing came up again. Since then, he became jobless again.
The financial burden is all on me. Right now, we can't afford to renew our rent.
I lost my business capital some times ago in wrong business, since then, it has been so much struggles.

I'm thinking of working away, but to where? what about my children? Who will be there for them? What about him? But I'm tired of being in a marriage where I have to struggle for everything, where I can not depend on my man.

What do I do?

You are asking where to run to...? To me of course..., haven't you read it in THE BIBLE that:" Come unto me all ye that labours and are heavy laden...I would gives you rest...) I would gives you attention... rejection, retention, detention or damnation...? GOD and THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, ETC; are for all nations, relations and functions-correlations; that wants or need SALVATION...?... Maybe "I" should or would gives you ETERNAL DAMNATION...?...
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Emmanuel30a: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

What do I do?

"Scam"...

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
You are asking where to run to...? To me of course..., haven't you read it in THE BIBLE that:" Come unto me all ye that labours and are heavy laden...I would gives you rest...) I would gives you attention... rejection, retention, detention or damnation...? GOD and THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, ETC; are for all nations, relations and functions-correlations; that wants or need SALVATION...?... Maybe "I" should or would gives you ETERNAL DAMNATION...?...
Stop lying to her abeg! undecided

The same Gospel also requires she abandon her husband, her children, her job/business, wealth, everything she owns, her family, etc., in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ. Is that what you are really trying to tell her to do here? Is that what she tells you that she is ready for? undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Myer(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I counter lies that pretend to be of God. It is that simple. undecided

2. God can heal OP even as he is taking medication and even enjoying life without a religious rope courtesy of your gods of men around his neck. God did not prescribe religion nor does He require that one pray to Him first in order to be healed by Him. We are talking of the God who pours out His favor daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful. undecided

Ok junkie.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by greatefa1011(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
Take him for Deliverance or do the Deliverance for him. God is still on the throne
Ask genuinely for the Mercy of God upon him in agreement holding the hands of your kids round with his. Do this in your closet daily morning evening. Use the blood of Jesus and the scripture to speak word of Deliverance onto his life. The very Christ Jesus that healed others will attend to your case. Do it with that your little faith.
If you need further assistance don't fail to reply me.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by 1phone(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
That's the crux, apogee, apex of all that literature.
Let somebody help her and you will be richly blessed in Jesus name.
If it's above the rent, please send me the balance make I see road
poshestmina:
"Help us renew our house" undecided. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Yes.
We've tried and still trying.
They said is an attack. Family problem. We have been praying, maybe is yet time for God to intervine otherwise we have tried all our best
How does he behave when the illness starts
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by blackgold2018(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
Handle your problem alone.
You rejected good men who approached you when you were younger and beautiful to marry this mentally retardant.
You chose your destiny. You should suffer it alone.

Never pity a woman who is suffering in her home. Good men came for her but she rejected them saying "he's too short, he doesn't have money, he's to tall, he doesn't have a car etc" and settled for a guy who used suya to bribe her.

Many women wished the men they rejected came back. But guess what, none will come back.

shut up! You bitter soul
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by temielects(m): 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria where having no money and recourses is a mental illness wahala lol
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by mauchiz: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Got healed or rather exchanged one mental delusion for another? Where those family members cleared of mental illness by a psychiatrist or you all assume that because they have embraced religion they are now healed? grin

Religion is like opium to the mentally ill, I am afraid. It is like masking one problem with a multilayered delusion while your brain continues to deteriorate. grin
They were healed,
One has a school now, still attends deeper life,
She lives in Lagos state now, is been more than 20 years she got healed in deeper life bible church, I can give you her address to confirm by yourself. People work under her now.
Miracle is real, jesus is still doing miracles.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by mauchiz: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Got healed or rather exchanged one mental delusion for another? Where those family members cleared of mental illness by a psychiatrist or you all assume that because they have embraced religion they are now healed? grin

Religion is like opium to the mentally ill, I am afraid. It is like masking one problem with a multilayered delusion while your brain continues to deteriorate. grin
She got healed and lives in Lagos for more than 20 years now.
Healing is real, some people get it, some don't.
We can't ask God question.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
mauchiz:
■ They were healed, One has a school now, still attends deeper life,
She lives in Lagos state now, is been more than 20 years she got healed in deeper life bible church, I can give you her address to confirm by yourself. People work under her now. Miracle is real, jesus is still doing miracles.
Miracle are real indeed and mentally ill persons can and do run businesses successfully. Miracles happen to unbelievers and believers alike so no church needed to partake of God's favor and kindness which Jesus Christ said God pours out daily on all the wicked and the ungrateful too. undecided

2. Again, how do you know they are healed if they never got information clearly stating this from the doctors? undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
mauchiz:
■ She got healed and lives in Lagos for more than 20 years now.
Healing is real, some people get it, some don't.
We can't ask God question
When Jesus Christ healed, not a single person was refused healing by Him. When His disciples were alive, they took healed everyone who came their way. But with your churches, the situation turn to become "some get some don't," a pattern that clearly mirrors the general situation of unbelievers and those who do not care for God. Wetin we go talk about that one now? undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by mechanics(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Still endure a little, and all will be well, keep praying for him.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Shed2013(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
poshestmina:
"Help us renew our house" undecided. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Which one you dey
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Emmanuel30a: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The same Gospel also requires she abandon her husband, her children, her job/business, wealth, everything she owns, her family, etc., in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ. Is that what you are really trying to tell her to do here? Is that what she tells you that she is ready for? undecided
Kobojunkie, let her do it...or do as she wishes... You meant, whoever is born of GOD and THE LORD JESUS CHRIST... You meant, whoever wants to follows GOD and THE LORD JESUS CHRIST... must be...ready to neglects/rejects...and let the dead bury the dead...? Whatever it's and or whatever it means, takes or that you mean...,let the dead bury the dead...;or the deads buries the deads... You and they or them, aren't just hearing all of these or all of those,etc; for the first time... You likes to take dose, doses and overdoses of glucose, lactose,etc... Did you wants to give me rose/a rose, roses..., you would become a/my Rose or aunty Rose...; and I would become your Efe Ambrose...?... Rose and Efe Ambrose won't feel arouse or get arouse,etc; when writing prose or a prose...,or during "prose compose or prose composes"...? Have you arose from... dose, doses and overdoses of glucose, lactose etc...? So, proposes...if you have the rose or roses..., instead of trying to opposes, imposes, reposes and deposes... So close..., If I can't become your Klose...; I would becomes your/a Efe Ambrose...? Come to me...,or come unto me... Kobojunkie &or Kobojunkies... What of the Kobodonkeys and Kobomonkeys...,etc...? How is junkies and "kiboroki/kiborocky",etc; for rubies, pupils, "puppy" or for cookies and...? Like monkeys and donkeys playing hockey... because of what...? Junkies or cookies...? Cookies for the rookies or with the rookies...? How is key and hanky-panky,or how about keys and "monkeys" moneys you hanky-panky...? Keys, hanky-panky... Meanwhile, try to capitalizes the "B" at the beginning...,when you are trying
to write BIBLE, A BIBLE or THE BIBLE... This is applicable to or pertaining to one of your comments...
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by mauchiz: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ healed, not a single person was refused healing by Him. When His disciples were alive, they took healed everyone who came their way. But with your churches, the situation turn to become "some get some don't," a pattern that clearly mirrors the general situation of unbelievers and those who do not care for God. Wetin we go talk about that one now? undecided
I don't know,
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Emmanuel30a: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Now tells me, what are you ready for...?...
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Timiblanko(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2023
God help us, the only thing I could see now is that your husband is a mentally challenged man because he is not really okay to cater for the family.

Men may we not be in an unfortunate situation.

Madam brass up stick with ya husband I believe everything would be alright with time.

He's gonna get a new job and provide for the family
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Josephkabila12: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

What do I do?

can you see the life we're talking about. But women want men to go through all this without complaining. You promised to married each other in thick and thin. I pray God strengthen you and provide for you and your family. May the Lord restore his health
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Ilekokonit: 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
I didn't know he had a seasonal mental health challenge, but not violent.

I met him in the university, he was in medicine, he had dreams, very ambitious, one of the best in his department,

To my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate,

We still love each other, so we got married.

After the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man, but with too many changes and I was the only one who truly care and was there for him.

Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy.

Since early this year, the whole thing came up again.

I'm thinking of working away, but to where?

The title of your write up is VERY INSENSITIVE TO THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN.

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged

Just because you can't renew the rent for the flat you, your husband and 2 kids live and benefit from, you now heap the whole blame on his mental health issues in order to health shame someone you admit is a GOOD father ??

How insensitive and how low can you go ??

Answer this question HONESTLY. Would your husband have left you if you had mental health challenges and could not work ??

I thought that a friend in need is a friend in deed ?

This singular headline of yours in describing your husband is the reason a lot of Nigerian men are running away from marriage to Nigerian women whom many Nigerian men perceive as HEARTLESS and SOULLESS.

How are you sure the universe is not waiting for you to leave him before showering him with untold blessings

Some women will walk themselves out of an impending marital / family blessing because of impatience and comparing themselves with their friends and what they see on social media or what their own UNHELPFUL families tell them.

Do you think your husband is happy that mental health issues stopped him from finishing medical school ?

Would you have been happier if he had committed suicide when mental health issues struck in Medical School

The above actually happened to a Ghanian Medical student who got a knife and cut one of the biggest blood vessels in the body and bled to death because he failed first MBBS exams twice and was about being kicked out of medical school.

Mental health issues are not something to use in judging ANYONE as lazy or unsuccessful albeit THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN.

Your children carry 50% of your husbands DNA and instead of abandoning your husband to his fate just because he inherited mental health genes from his parents, this is the time to rally round him to see how you can help in mastering this cross because whatever coping mechanism you learn from his case MAY come in handy if God forbid any of his children UNINTENTIONALLY inherited the same mental health gene from him.

You subscribed during your wedding to this man to the marital vow of For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health till death do you part didn't you ??

Do you allow your husband to sleep peacefully for at least 8 hours EVERY day or do you constantly call him a failure in front of his kids ??

If you are guilty of doing the above, then STOP as this may be what keeps triggering his mental health issues.

Have you even bothered to do some online research about his specific mental health issues to see how you can help in keeping the episodes less frequent ??

If you are fond of bad mouthing your husband in any way with your own siblings, friends and parents, STOP doing that,

Have you sat down and had a heart to heart MATURE conversation with your obviously VERY intelligent HUSBAND in order to figure a way out ??

Is there no MATURE MINDED, NON GOSSIPY family member on either side or a religious cleric or " A FRIEND IN NEED" that could step in and give you a loan (payable when able) to pay at least 1 years rent ?? Isn't this what friends, family and religion is for

Mark my words, if you leave that GOOD man because he has COMMON mental health issues that affects his getting a job or keeping a job and jeopardize the relationship he has with his 2 kids who are a source of mental stability to him, you may end up regretting it.

And remember that tough times never last but tough people do and winners never quit and quitters never win.

Health challenges are NEVER a reason to abandon someone you once loved and had 2 kids for !!!!!!

Again, mark my words, if you don't unintentionally push your husband to suicide (in the throes of a mental health episode), he is going to be OK health wise and financially and hopefully you will still be together when his luck starts to shine.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by advanceDNA: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
Josephkabila12:
can you see the life we're talking about. But women want men to go through all this without complaining. You promised to married each other in thick and thin. I pray God strengthen you and provide for you and your family. May the Lord restore his health

When we tell them...."Have ur own source of money and keep improving" dey say we are bashing...they call us broke...

....if u see rich man to take care of u and ur bills.....all good...it will be a plus...

If u dont..which is possible in this horrible country...u wont fall into a case of not being able to survive and looking for another man to jump on...
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by dokkyelele(f): 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. It's completely normal to feel tired and overwhelmed, especially when you're facing challenges within your marriage. Remember, your emotions are valid, and it's important to take care of yourself during this process.

Before making any decisions, it may be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist who can provide guidance and help you explore your options. They may be able to offer different perspectives and strategies for coping with the challenges you're facing.

Communication is crucial in any relationship, and it might be beneficial to express your concerns to your husband. However, navigating a relationship with someone who has a mental challenge can be complex, and it's important to approach such a conversation with empathy and patience. Open and honest dialogue might bring you closer together and help you both understand each other's needs and perspectives.

Lastly, it's important to remember that there is a way out of any difficult life situation. It may take time, support, and hard work, but there is always hope for positive change. Stay strong, seek the help you need, and keep believing in yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Cromagnon: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

What do I do?

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Cromagnon: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
▢ What mental illness(es) would that be?

▢ Has your husband been getting regular treatment for the condition or have you both not been paying attention to these things?

▢ You learned right after your first child that your husband was mentally ill, so you must have done some serious background to at least learn whether the condition is hereditary before having your second child. Or did you think it was all Ok to leave such things to chance? undecided

▢ Your husband does not work and he is mentally ill, have you both tried coming together as a couple to maybe replan your union in such a way that would maybe get you to become the major breadwinner while he transitions more into the role of househusband during his down seasons? I mean what have you both tried up until this point in time that has not worked for you still? undecided
abeg how did you resize the quote
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Cromagnon: 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
▢ What mental illness(es) would that be?

▢ Has your husband been getting regular treatment for the condition or have you both not been paying attention to these things?

▢ You learned right after your first child that your husband was mentally ill, so you must have done some serious background to at least learn whether the condition is hereditary before having your second child. Or did you think it was all Ok to leave such things to chance? undecided

▢ Your husband does not work and he is mentally ill, have you both tried coming together as a couple to maybe replan your union in such a way that would maybe get you to become the major breadwinner while he transitions more into the role of househusband during his down seasons? I mean what have you both tried up until this point in time that has not worked for you still? undecided
abeg how did you resize the quote[left][/left][img][/img][size=8pt][/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Sues Husband For Allegedly Failing To Take Her To Saudi Arabia / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.