Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded (75449 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by XAUBulls: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:
Not funny.

Everywhere is an abroad. A British residing in Nigeria is also in abroad

Na so a friend spent N30m relocating to UK with his family. He borrowed money, sold some of his things for 20hours work weekly while the wife can't work.
SMH.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
Extremekofoshi:

After estate agent, fear travel agent.
Anything agent Na scam.What about house agent wey their commission dey high pass house rent?

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by freddie009(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
The mistake he made was going over there with all the kids, he would have left them in Nigeria when things are settled he bring them over. I don't know the immigration laws but that would have being a better option.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Sirianese: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
This is a bullshít story concocted by the APC propaganda machine

4 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Never borrow money to relocate abroad so there won’t be pressure on you to send money home when you have not settled.
But if you have a house, car, gold please sell them all and relocate legally abroad. Don’t mind this fake storyline.
The man can work 12 hours shift and the woman can get a remote job.

For those of you lying to get likes and comments your bad days are near.

4 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
Reinaldo:

Story for the gods
People like you don't listen and learn, you prefer learning from your own experience

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bisimilahi772: 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Earthquakes:

Lol it depends on how and what you relocated to abroad as.
I am less than a year in Canada but I have the base percentage to get a mortgage, mind you I didn't sell any property to leave too wink

That’s is nice!! Please what visa did you leave Nigeria with?
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by karkinase(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2023
bisimilahi772:
HELLO NAIRALAND, I wish everyone one happy new week and happy new month in advance 💖💖

I need an advice. I got a Canada visit visa, I check the the travel expenses it very high at least 3M UP, I keep asking which work will I do there once I get there!!! I have not hear any advice on that regard. Can someone advice me will I get a good work with a travel visa or I should stay in Nigeria and work more. Or which hand work can I learn over here that will make good use for me in Canada. I currently own a bet9ja shop bariga Lagos.

Please I need advice no money to waste o
Better keep ur money.. Canada go just chop ur 3M clean mouth besides you get Bet9ja shop that one na Goldmine sef

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Sirianese: 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Tinyemeka:

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm running my personal projects, while my wife paid N12.5m of her own funds to buy land back in Nigeria, within a year of moving abroad. While she was in Nigeria, her employer was paying her N45,000 per month and doing guy on top.

What worked for Adam might not work for Adamu.

Don't mind them most of them are fools

They cannot see beyond the 50k per month APC govt is paying them to do Alsatian dog work online

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
yahoodetector:
I thought they said UK has stopped giving visa to Nigerians because of that gbegiri gobbler that told the UK government to stop allowing Nigerians to come into UK.

Anyways, no be my business because na still him brothers e go affect pass cos na them they Japa to UK more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria

No more provision for dependants anymore

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
Is there no cost of living crisis in Nigeria?.
Don’t compare apples to orange.
This person who posted this fake stories is laughing and happy this false narrative is trending.
I have relocated twice and the first few months to one year wasn’t all good, but at the end everything worked out.
DaddyJapan:

You clearly have not heard of the 'cost of living crisis' or the 'working poor' in the UK..

My advice to potential japarists is to carry plenty of independent research before travelling up the creek without a paddle.
Ukaria (UK-area) ain't what it used to be.

Source: https://www.itv.com/news/2023-07-14/migrant-nhs-charges-more-than-quadruple-despite-uks-worker-shortages

5 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by 7arrows: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
immortalcrown:
They were definitely informed but they claimed faith will see them through.

After japa na kapa.

They knew what they were goin to face. Maybe they are part of the crew of what God cannot do doesn't exist.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Yoighaman(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
Discreet90:
All this bearer of bad news won't let us rest with their lies and deciet. Please how much do you think is the cost of the post work visa. They make it sound like a big deal. The post work visa fee is less than 800pounds per person. How can you tell us that a family of five that spent over 20,000 pounds to relocate. And probably living in a house of at least 1,200pounds permonth can't afford ordinary 800pounds. We have people there that are doing very fine. If u wish to stay in this country no1 is stopping u. Only low iq people will believe all these cooked up lies.

This is the same mentality that gets people stranded abroad, it's all "cooked up lies" until you get there and everything goes south because you refused to listen. If you like, travel without proper plans, Sorry will be your middle name.

7 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bisimilahi772: 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
karkinase:

Better keep ur money.. Canada go just chop ur 3M clean mouth besides you get Bet9ja shop that one na Goldmine sef

Thank you for your advice 🤔 I’m planning to leave hopefully if I can get a good job cos of operating bet9ja is high now due to fuel

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by crossbreedwears(m): 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
I wonder why people are still running to UK
ba7man:
Your N 25 million is just £25,000.

The UK will collect all that money from you if you don't settle down on time with a job.

Some risk it and get lucky, some don't, just keep grinding.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by crossbreedwears(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
I don't know what's so special about England
priceactionx:
why must you sell your assests especially house to relocate to UK of all places? i mean UK o not US o. Even if you must do that, yu must have gotten a side job that is standard and can give you more money to buy better houses in nigeria in few years. UK that ... infact dont let me talk.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by crossbreedwears(m): 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Tell him i said he doesn't have sense.
helinues:
Not funny.

Everywhere is an abroad. A British residing in Nigeria is also in abroad

Na so a friend spent N30m relocating to UK with his family. He borrowed money, sold some of his things for 20hours work weekly while the wife can't work.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by pansophist(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
I feel sorry for this family.

You don't trade certainty (your house), for uncertainty (UK).

Unless you have settled in the UK, and most especially, have a permanent residence, then you can beat your chest and sell your house.

The kind of mistake people make baffles me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by BigIyanga: 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
DesChyko:
Nah people wey no get people outside Nigeria go dey fall for this nonsense talk sha. This anti-japa sentiments; hunting for those who managed to screw up their migration started because APC are trying to fight Doctors seeking a better life abroad; a life Nigeria can't offer them. That changes little. Most people who left the shores of Nigeria to the Western World are having it better. That is the only reason it is still a big thing down the years.

I knew Nigeria as a setup is a shithole. I knew it, owned it, adapted to it and will keep striving to beat the system. While I'm at it, I'm also vested in either making it better for my kids or give them a cozy escape route.

Imagine if I was hiding from the reality of being a Nigerian; It's the lack of adaptability that will make me settle for the nonsense these leeches ruling Nigeria today have to offer and the excuses they cook up for their incompetence.

As John Obidi will say, Nigeria has her own set of rules, different from other parts of the world. You adapt or you lose out. Which reminds me, he's having a webinar on Zoom powered by WEMA Bank. Do well to attend

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BYj_o4tLRmquxMXpcQboKQ#/registration
All this epistle na to market motivovaprenuers who boast of fancy words and tiktok experience… but no real world ‘ I have done it’ experience??

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
Discreet90:
All this bearer of bad news won't let us rest with their lies and deciet. Please how much do you think is the cost of the post work visa. They make it sound like a big deal. The post work visa fee is less than 800pounds per person. How can you tell us that a family of five that spent over 20,000 pounds to relocate. And probably living in a house of at least 1,200pounds permonth can't afford ordinary 800pounds. We have people there that are doing very fine. If u wish to stay in this country no1 is stopping u. Only low iq people will believe all these cooked up lies.

You are ignorant. They went on student visa just like others did.
Secondly, the money being used by these japa people are raised through different ways. If they spent 20k, don't just assume that all the 20k belonged to them. There are people putting the money in the accounts of these students just for business.

4 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by pansophist(m): 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Quintessence44:

People in UK wey dey jubilate when dem find security work, na him you sell your house carry 5 kids go UK.

Naija people no just get sense, especially when it concern oyinbo.

Dem go just turn mumu dey do nonsense like say oyinbo jazz them.

Even if you offer English man 5 million pound a year job for Nigeria, he can NEVER sell his house in England even he takes the job.

But a Nigerian will sell his house, leave his well paid job and gather his family to travel, in the HOPE that success will come there.

No be oyinbo juju be that?

Colonial mentality.

Many just wan touch snow, wear a big jacket like rappers, and breathe out cold smoke for winter from their nose and mouth grin

They must upgrade by fire by force, and if it means selling houses and giving up business, so be it. UK, here we come

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
bluefilm:

Tell that to eyeneck.
Eyeneck robbed Obi the regional champion, right? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Dotherightthing: 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
Tinyemeka:

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm running my personal projects, while my wife paid N12.5m of her own funds to buy land back in Nigeria, within a year of moving abroad. While she was in Nigeria, her employer was paying her N45,000 per month and doing guy on top.

What worked for Adam might not work for Adamu.

Japa is actually for people not doing well in Nigeria
So it's good for your wife.
All the same, is your wife coming back to enjoy the fruit of her labour in Nigeria? Very unlikely.
It's more like slaving for people back home.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Discreet90: 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
maasoap:

You are ignorant. They went on student visa just like others did.
Secondly, the money being used by these japa people are raised through different ways. If they spent 20k, don't just assume that all the 20k belonged to them. There are people putting the money in the accounts of these students just for business.
Your ignorance has PhD. According to the story they sold house cars and all. Can you convert all this properties to pounds and see if it's not up to 20000 pounds already or almost. Keep cooking up super story with a low iq and expecting everyone to believe or agree with you. Plus whether student route japa or not the post work visa remains less than 800 pounds per person which According to the childish story remains the main issue for them to pay and I find it ridiculously impossible. Husband and wife are working in the uk or u want to say you don't know that with the student visa husband has full work visa and wife has 20hours weekly. You guys will just sit in ur village and cook up stupid stories about what you don't even understand. I am sure op has never see an airport before with this ridiculous story

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Yoighaman(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
crossbreedwears:
I wonder why people are still running to UK

Most of the people relocating to the UK have never travelled abroad before. The few who have, just believe things will fall in good places for them las las. It's not a bad idea relocating abroad, but it must be done legally and well thought out.

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by xukwaa: 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
Old news.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Baatunde(m): 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
Those with the colonized-mentality induced inferiority complex would be happy to join in denigrating their country by agreeing with white supremacist that it is a shit thole

Quintessence44:

Stupid mor.on. Your mother’s stinking cunt is a shithole.

Imbecil.es who learnt ‘shithole’ from racist Trump, and like cursed, stupid cretins, now using it against themselves.

Peabrain dunce, 80% of nations on Earth are DEVELOPING COUNTRIES like Nigeria, and that is what we call them - DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, not ‘shithole’, you stupid airhead.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by dannyspeejay(m): 12:17am On Jul 31, 2023
God no dey nap
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Reelz: 12:27am On Jul 31, 2023
fake story to deceive the gullibles..

5 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by toprealman: 12:29am On Jul 31, 2023
1. Start early
2. Test the waters first before going all the way with entire family.
3. Savings and minimum wage will never be enough to cater for your financial needs as a family.
4. Never ever sell your house in naija. Rent it out.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by cococandy(f): 12:40am On Jul 31, 2023
Why would you sell your house. Mtchew. Senseless

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by denzel231: 12:45am On Jul 31, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Flight ticket is something else entirely. We are being extorted by the foreign airlines. angry

Dollar fluctuation is not an issue here jor.
blame ur country...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.