Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities (18565 Views)

Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports / President Tinubu Appoints Special Advisers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by marlow1962(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
Lol
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Blackdisciple(m): 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
Give INEC chairman he will still rig election
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Iseoluwani: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
adioolayi:
All I have been seeing are positive reviews about this investigator ...thorough and no nonsense person.

Some are evening saying any organizations that had shady deals with CBN in the last couple of years should also be ready to be touched by this man.

I hope he will be able to block all loopholes at CBN and restore sanity.

I wish him all the best.

He is actually a scam
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by flokii: 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
worksmart:
So DSS no good again?
EFCC no good again?
Police no good again?
ICPC no good again?
NAss no good again?

Mr clean Tinubu needs a special investigator for CBN grin grin

The president has the power to use special investigator(s) to probe any agency of government if he so pleases.. I hope something worthwhile comes out of it.

8 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by SmartyPants(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
Revolution2022:
Why is Tinubu bent on finding fault in emiefele? What about the minister of petroleum,the humanitarian minister and the former attorney general,malami?

The write-up clearly says to investigate and report on ALL private or public persons or entities with corrupt access to Nigeria's wealth.

7 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by AlphaWolf27: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Revolution2022:
Why is Tinubu bent on finding fault in emiefele? What about the minister of petroleum,the humanitarian minister and the former attorney general,malami?

Its not about finding faults, its about plugging the holes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Menclothing: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Each agency will be probe
NNPC
Firs
Custom
Immigration
Accountant general office
Budget office

5 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Confirmedzombie: 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Tinubu is indeed God sent. This what past leaders couldn't do.

There is so much stealing if funds and shady deals in the CBN.

By now even Peter will be planning to escape from Nigeria.

Peter obi had alot of questionable deals through the CBN.

The Pandira white paper comes to mind.

Atiku will also be planning to escape to Dubai too.

God bless Tinubu. Im optimistic Tinubu will perform.

A president with balls

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by worksmart(m): 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2023
Yeah, sounds like his brief is find me justification to sack Emefiele.

What a disgraceful administration!
fergie001:
Jim Osayande Obazee has a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of Benin; a Master of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos, and a certification in strategic financial analysis for business evaluation from Harvard University, USA.

He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), and a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) and the American Accounting Association (AAA).

SOURCE

Obazee is not new to controversies:

- In 2013, he was accused of sexual harassment by his Personal Assistant, Abimbola Yakubu. He had allegedly repeatedly threatened to sack Mrs. Yakubu, his PA of three years, for not acceding to his amorous advances.

-Through the FRC, he recommended the sack of ex-CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in 2014.

-In 2015, he suspended the FRC numbers of Atedo Peterside (then Chairman of Stanbic IBTC), Sola David-Borha (then Group Managing Director) and two other Directors over alleged infractions in the financial statements and thereafter imposed N1bn fine on the Bank. A decision that he overturned two months later.

- In 2016, he introduced National Code of Corporate Governance (NCCG), forcing General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, to step down from the position. The code stipulated a maximum 20 years for heads of non-profit organisations.

- The decision hitting the non-profit organisations caused a friction between Mr. Obazee and then Trade and Investments Minister, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah. He had stubbornly refused to shelve the implementation of the NCCG, a decision that forced his sack in January 2017.

Obazee like Enelamah, was a Pastor at the RCCG.

He was first appointed FRC Executive Secretary in 2010 and re-appointed in 2014 before his sack in 2017.

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by BabaIbo: 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Tinubu is indeed God sent. This what past leaders couldn't do.

There is so much stealing if funds and shady deals in the CBN.

By now even Peter will be planning to escape from Nigeria.

Peter obi had alot of questionable deals through the CBN.

The Pandira white paper comes to mind.

Atiku will also be planning to escape to Dubai too.

God bless Tinubu. Im optimistic Tinubu will perform.

A president with balls

But hunger dey do you shege where you dey.

Hung ry m0 r0n!
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by NaijaNaWaa: 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
MT:

Way to go.

CBN has been used as a conduit to steal lot of our commonwealth, especially the Emefiele dude.

I watched the revelation by a rep member on Brekete family, I was shocked at the degree and level of corruption at CBN.

So brazen!

Emefiele might well be guilty as charged (actually, I regard him as an unrepentant axxhole that deserves his fate) but the so-called revelation by rep member is total bunkum. The RAPE was talking nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by worksmart(m): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
CBN is not an agency of the govt, but is a constitutionally created intitution independent of FG
flokii:

The president has the power to use special investigator(s) to probe any agency of government if he so pleases.. I hope something worthwhile comes out of it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by worksmart(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
Why did you forget INEC?
Menclothing:
Each agency will be probe
NNPC
Firs
Custom
Immigration
Accountant general office
Budget office
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Bfly: 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
This man should face front
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
worksmart:
Why did you forget INEC?
Wishful thinking, they have started preparations for 2027.

No sentiments in politics, Yakubu is our man.

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
seunmsg:

To investigate the corrupt dealings of Emefiele. Or are you angry that Mr. President is fighting corruption?
l

Which corruption is he fighting?

How come the like of Hadi Sirika and Ganduje are still walking free despite evidence?

How far has he been able to prove the terrorism sponsorship charges brought against Emefiele?
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
lexy2014:
l

How come the like of Hadi Sirika and Ganduje are still walking free despite evidence?

How far has he been able to prove the terrorism sponsorship charges brought against Emefiele?
If unstableness incited by bitterness isn’t a problem for you disillusioned Obidients, I believe the clamor for the arrest of Godwin Emefiele started under President Buhari? Yes or No?

4 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
adioolayi:
All I have been seeing are positive reviews about this investigator ...thorough and no nonsense person.

Some are evening saying any organizations that had shady deals with CBN in the last couple of years should also be ready to be touched by this man.

I wish him all the best.

What loopholes are in CBN that need to be blocked?
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
favor914:
If unstableness bitterness isn’t a problem for you disillusioned Obidients, I believe the clamor for the arrest of Godwin Emefiele started under President Buhari? Yes or No?

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
lexy2014:

If You aren’t suffering from disillusion filled with severe bitterness, you would have been aware that the clamor for the arrest of Godwin Emefiele started last year under President Buhari.

Go and ask The DSS your question for more clarity, Bola Tinubu has no issues with Emefiele.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by slowice(m): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
If this probe is to witch hunt emefiele then it's useless from the beginning. I would like to see him probe nnpc, customs, nddc and co and make the findings public.... Only then will I take this government serious.
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Gandrova: 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
Revolution2022:
Because Emefiele must be jailed at all cost grin

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by UnimkeAk(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Revolution2022:

You didn't see what happened with the palliative saga , wen that woman mentioned how much the FG had spent , we branded her a thief untill the palliative looting in states began

1 Like

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
slowice:
If this probe is to witch hunt emefiele then it's useless from the beginning. I would like to see him probe nnpc, customs, nddc and co and make the findings public.... Only then will I take this government serious.
All you ethnic biased minded things, Emefiele got a Court injunction under President Buhari prohibiting the DSS from arresting him, what concerns Bola Tinubu with Godwin Emefiele’s self inflicted wahala?

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Deefirm:
Desperation of agbado against Emefiele is on another level, this tells you they actually have nothing on that man before arresting and detaining him, shame on PBAT and all his supporters. Why not engaged PWC or KPMG to investigate office of the president..... idiot!!!!

Hypocrites, what concerns Tinubu with Emefiele? Typical Obidients, like their Masser (Mr Gringory I won the election) will always look 👀 for someone else to blame.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-court-restrains-dss-efcc-from-arresting-emefiele/amp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by bhella10: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Who's to say this Obazee is not related to my one time HOD in the Department of Mass Communication AP, Dr. A. I Obazee. No nonsense man. You eat our yam you vomit them grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by slowice(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
favor914:
All you ethnic biased minded things, Emefiele got a Court injunction under President Buhari prohibiting the DSS from arresting him, what concerns Bola Tinubu with Godwin Emefiele’s self inflicted wahala?

Don't quote me ever again. Be warned.
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
slowice:

Don't quote me ever again. Be warned.
Then carry your propaganda & oblivious lies, and exit Nairaland immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by favor914: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
bhella10:
Who's to say this Obazee is not related to my one time HOD in the Department of Mass Communication AP, Dr. A. I Obazee. No nonsense man. You eat our yam you vomit them grin
How are we to know, Is Emeka Chukuka Obi, related to Gringory Peter Obi? Obazee way full Benin City remain.

1 Like

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Demolakay: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
adioolayi:

I wish him all the best.

Journey to a dead end.
We rmemba immediately afta taking ova government, Buhari established d Presidential action committee against corruption (pacac) headed by Prof itsey Sagay.

Pls can u tell me any achievement of dat committee for 8 years?
Tinubu is a poster boy for corruption. How did he intend to fight corruption?
Do u fight darkness wit darkness?

Jst lyk d Oda committees bfor it,dis one too won't achieve anything! Cos dose appointed sef,are corruption personified. Make una continue to dey dciev unaself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan At Our Lady Queen Of Nigeria Catholic Cathedral, Garki, Abuja - Photos / Assault: Senator Abbo Shuns Senate Plenary / PDP Bot Asked Ayu To Resign After 2023 Election – Wabara Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.