Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,156 members, 7,864,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:25 AM

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges (65690 Views)

Full Transcript Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Acceptance Speech / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by chukseric504869: 4:02am On Aug 01, 2023
I pray you disappoint your critics Mr president,may you succed.may your administration bring succor to millions of poor Nigerians who have been thrown into state of hopelessness
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Maj196(m): 4:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Nothing new just the same hogwash and gibberish buhari churned out for 8 years. This one don start him own.
Not until Nigerians set aside tribal and religious differences they will keep electing wrong people into office and the vicious cycle continues.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Sensiblerealist: 4:09am On Aug 01, 2023
You are going places. This Nairaland get some people outside of the tribal nincompoops sha.
Your submissions were excellent, not all though but you did a brilliant one here

ThatCEO:
Talk dey sweet sha.

Let us agree on one thing. The current sufferings of Nigeria is not because of forex exchange but because of fuel hike.

So, if a person creates a fuel/energy crisis, the first thing I expect is for him to tackle that same crisis. Anything other than this makes d entire speech a hogwash.

Baba said he will dish out billions to businesses, release grains n fertilisers, but Baba made zero mention of how to deal with this fuel hike. D only thing he mentioned was about 3k CNG buses, but if I am able to access loan to buy a CNG bus, won't I be a compound fool if I don't charge my persengers like a normal fuel bus?

Is it that across all d appointees, there is no one with enough brain cells to tell him that "look, Baba, if we can't give these people a single refinery, n we can't subsidize fuel, but we hv d 12th largest gas reserve in the world, n those gases requires almost zero refining, why don't we shift these people to gas?"

I don't want subsidy back, but why has Baba not come out to tackle the fuel issue right at its source? Why are they running from CNG or even modular refinery?

Who are the people that own shares in Dangote refinery and why are they hell bent on forcing fuel on all of us, even tho we have gas. And exactly how many of those Dangote shareholders r currently in government?

I did the findings on CNG at Nipco. ₦4000 of CNG will power your 4 cylinder car for 150-160km. A 6 cylinder conversation costs almost 500k. If they place CNG conversion kit on list of items not liable to customs fees, the price will drop by up to 60% especially in places like Lagos. From here, they can now say, Oya go n convert your car at half the price, we will pay d other half.

But over their dead body will they make policies that will directly benefit us because their stinking fingers are all over the oil money of this country n they will do everything to ensure we all buy oil.

Nigeria does not have a fuel crisis issue, what we have are just leaders who will rather feast on our blood than make our lives easy cos their hands are deep in our common wealth.

Say whatever you like about Buhari, but Buhari had tasted some degree of poverty in his life at some point, n even tho he later lived in luxury as a president he still remembered that life is tough on the other side n didn't bring this sort of hardship on us at one fell swoop. These people have never spent their money on fuel since they started their political career n their convoy didn't reduce with fuel hike, u REALLY think they know what the price of fuel is? What we have now na, "may God help us."

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by delkuf(m): 4:10am On Aug 01, 2023
President tinubu didn't say anything that will convince labour to call off the strike. Now I want to see what labour will do.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by DNA4ALL(m): 4:42am On Aug 01, 2023
This is plainly a political talk. No clarity or sincerity of purpose in this.
As much as I blv in Tinubu to some extent, I think his hands are tied.
Why not fight the elite few & declare a clampdown on those that have milked the country Dey if truly you ready to fight this tetrahedral cancer eating deep into the innermost core skin of this country.
You had better be prepared for a tougher livelihood.
We can only hope to come out of the woods by this !!!

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Psady(m): 4:47am On Aug 01, 2023
jmoore:
SURE P Version 2.0

It is stupidity to claim that only a select few benefitted from subsidy, at the same time you still acknowledge that Nigerians are suffering from subsidy removal.

If only select few gained from subsidy, why are you talking about palliative? Common sense should have told you the poor also gained from subsidy, that's why they are suffocating now that it has been removed.
Your write-up is illogical ,We alll must sacrifice at this point for a better Nigeria.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Willie2015: 4:58am On Aug 01, 2023
Psady:
Your write-up is illogical ,We alll must sacrifice at this point for a better Nigeria.

Masses has been affected badly...
While the elites and politicians are crusin on taxpayers fund...
All these challenges are effects of poor leadership and misplaced priorities....
Why should we suffer and sacrifice for politicians?
What's difficult in having six mini refineries in each region....
Do we have to wait for Dangote Refinery ?
What's difficult in connecting the six region via rails...
Is that rocket science...? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Bebigiby1: 5:01am On Aug 01, 2023
Those who rigged the last presidential election including Tinubu are the one's benefiting from corruption. Tinubu is only lying to Nigerians on the issue of fighting corruption. No one is fighting back since it is obvious he made a deal with Buhari and his looting cronies not to probe them.

The Fuel subsidy removal policy is a terrible mistake, it will continue to be until it is reversed. Every country's government provides some kind of subsidy to it's citizen. If Tinubu really cared about fixing the economy why not fix or build atleast one refinery before removing subsidy. Also if fuel subsidy must be removed, why didn't his government make provision for palliatives before removing it.

I hope that the presidential election tribunal will do the needful and rewrite the wrong made by INEC's Mahmood. Nigeria's economy can not afford another 4 years of this disastrous APC party and Tinubu as president....

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by djon78(m): 6:20am On Aug 01, 2023
chidiokay:

Oga even you wubbled and fumbled from the beginning to the end
Nigerians are suffering becos we fail to do the "ideal things" as dictated by common sense
we are lazy dependant country that why forex and fuel hike always have Tsuami effect on the people.

For a country that has no reliable database or system there is no way the govt can reach the people directly and you gave an instance of CNG tank being subsidized for car owners ... but you forget who Nigerians are,
One thing is very certain, no matter how willing & sincere the govt is to do it, the intermediary channel will hijack and subvert it ... they will turn it to man know man or they start asking people to bribe there way through

One of the topmost challenge of these administration is there as never being any reliable intermediary channel or system in place to reach the people before One god forsaken Nigerian will turn it to profit making ventures to enrich himself

we need a system/database, anything from govt outside that is bonaza to some rogues

Here you are giving excuse for the government

Is it the ordinary Man that will do what you prescribed

Those in government should do it
That's why they were elected

The guy you quoted was right

These politicians have never tasted suffering
That's why they don't send

I also believe on what he said about Buhari
He tasted poverty
That's why he didn't bring this kind of pain

Tinubu has never tasted poverty since 1999
He has lived in opulence
So he have no clue of what Nigerians are going through

Now I am beginning to See
Our criticizm of Buhari was wrong
He said Nigerians will regret when he is gone
And it seems it's becoming true
Nigerians never envisaged what they are experiencing right now
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 01, 2023
Na refineries be our problem.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by aylive02(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2023
olatade:
President Ahmed Bola Tinubu had made my evening. His address to the nation today and which he just concluded now,shows statesmanship and the preparedness of someone who is very ready and purposeful to work. More than never before,I have never be so convinced in the speech of any politician like this speech I just listened to from his excellency,president Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

He had shown a mastery of the economy and a thorough understanding of what he wants to do to get the nation out of the economic mess that it found itself. I think I am beginning to have hope renaissance and I pray that he derail not.

May God help him.
. You must be very foo**sh with this rubbish you put up there.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Crafteck1: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2023
happney65:
Subsidy money that could have been better spent on bettering your lot has been funnelled into the pockets of a select few but since I am too cowardly to address these few, the rest of the 200m of you have to suffer.

A correct interpretation of Bubala's tonight's speech.

Exactly my thought
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Crafteck1: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Great! This is a listening President who understands the pain points of patriotic Nigerians.

We will support you Mr President. We believe you and will not stop praying for your success. Our hope is once again renewed. Thank you Mr President. God bless you. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Listening to what...... Imbexile
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Taigaban: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2023
All these measures will fail as long as PM's is sold at 650 naira per liter. Very unfortunate that the president Ahmed Tinubu has said nothing about making CNG/LPG available as alternative to PMS and as an immediate measure to bring down food prices to affordable level. Another very unfortunate thing is that the president Ahmed Tinubu has said nothing about our refineries. This is not fair
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Proffdada: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Great! This is a listening President who understands the pain points of patriotic Nigerians.

We will support you Mr President. We believe you and will not stop praying for your success. Our hope is once again renewed. Thank you Mr President. God bless you. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
He understands how to choke you while telling you to calm down.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Proffdada: 7:11am On Aug 01, 2023
happney65:
Subsidy money that could have been better spent on bettering your lot has been funnelled into the pockets of a select few but since I am too cowardly to address these few, the rest of the 200m of you have to suffer.

A correct interpretation of Bubala's tonight's speech.
very much on point

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Hezmatosky: 7:17am On Aug 01, 2023
Corn247:
Thank you your excellency, we trust all your decisions. May God grant you wisdom and understanding to lead this nation into her greatness .
Na suffer go kee u sad Ozwai angry
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by ransomed: 7:22am On Aug 01, 2023
Nothing good can come out of APC , because they trade in lies and deceit. Alhaji Lai Mohammed is a living testimony.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by obstead200(m): 7:23am On Aug 01, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/full-speech-tinubus-speech-on-current-economic-challenges/
At no 38. Mr president, We don't want any stupid intervention sir.

Just get the refineries working and grant licences to investors to build new refineries and I assure u we will be fine.

I can't help noticing that u totally avoided discussing the plans to revamp the refineries in your long speech. I also noted that u made sweeping and generalized statement about fixing infrastructures without specifically taking personal responsibility for it. U particularly avoided talking about fixing the power sector once and for all.

U also made only non-committal generalised statements about deferring some (new) tax regimes. No comment is made about increasing the ease of doing business and eliminating the bureaucratic redtape which businesses go through in getting the smallest thing approved by the numerous, duplicated and contradictory regulatory agencies which almost all businesses are plagued with in Nigeria.

Now tell me how on earth u expect businesses operating in such unfriendly business environment to pay up the so called loan in 36months, 60months etc without provision for moratorium.

I think, Mr president, that u already know these loans are going to be bad debts. I also think that the beneficiaries are already selected using political affiliations and party loyalty as the primary selection criteria, rather than merit, competence, business sagacity, credit worthiness and feasibility of proposed business plan.

It is well.

We move
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Joshmanfashion(m): 7:31am On Aug 01, 2023
Should be God bless Nigeria not may God bless Nigeria thank you.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Taigaban: 7:43am On Aug 01, 2023
Curse777:

grin grin

Nothing una no go wail about

Let me measure your Administrative ability as a human

Let's say you become The President today

1: No Subsidy in 2022/2023 budget
2: inflation is going up
3: your next budget is after fully setting up all commitee of National Assembly

What will you do?!

Give an insight

Intresting... Flight or Fight you choose Flight (to run)

I guess Tinubu picked Fight (face the challenges)

And he has been fighting Cabals one after the other ..

We shall see who wins

The cabal will always win as usual.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by nathyx(m): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2023
What about the, our N 8k palliatives
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by yeshuasfootstep(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2023
Just like, 'let me go back to my sleep'.
When your house is on fire.

Anyway he knows majority are now zombified like most in this forum that are hellbent on killing the forum instead of allowing truth to surface.

See what they have turned a once lively forum into.
It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by waveman2: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2023
Do you mean the corrupt banks.They will do worse.You would have said bank of industry,bank of agriculture etc I will agree with u as govt can easily supervise this banks.
mrvitalis:
Sad really sad same mistake Buhari made
Same mistake..

Government has no business giving out loans to people that can't work corruption would eat 80% of it... I don't know why they keep doing this maybe they actually want to eat from it

You want to spend 50 billion do cultivate rice? Fine... Make this money available to banks at say 3% interest rate Banks loan this money to rice farmers at 10% ... Bank has to make sure the loan get to the right people to make their own profit

Banks know the real rice farmers

What is so difficult here... Why must u leave room for people to steal why?
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by MrPristine: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2023
Very daft, poorly scripted and uninspiring speech.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by drlateef: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2023
ganisucks:
20 mins of thoughtless, directionless, clueless hogwash pushed out by people who have no idea how to manage expectations. These people are a joke.

I am aghast with your comments. I thought satan was talking, i didn’t know you are human being. What exactly is missing in that broadcast? Please go for brain transplant asap.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Adabestseason(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2023
Is this speech a prosody or prolix?. Allow artisanal refiners you are doing the bla.....bla.......blablabla......
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by KingLennon(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2023
olatade:
President Ahmed Bola Tinubu had made my evening. His address to the nation today and which he just concluded now,shows statesmanship and the preparedness of someone who is very ready and purposeful to work. More than never before,I have never be so convinced in the speech of any politician like this speech I just listened to from his excellency,president Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

He had shown a mastery of the economy and a thorough understanding of what he wants to do to get the nation out of the economic mess that it found itself. I think I am beginning to have hope renaissance and I pray that he derail not.

May God help him.
That loan will never reach the common man. The cabals will hoard the money and the masses will continue to suffer. We are in a deep mess
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by KingLennon(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2023
mrvitalis:
Sad really sad same mistake Buhari made
Same mistake..

Government has no business giving out loans to people that can't work corruption would eat 80% of it... I don't know why they keep doing this maybe they actually want to eat from it

You want to spend 50 billion do cultivate rice? Fine... Make this money available to banks at say 3% interest rate Banks loan this money to rice farmers at 10% ... Bank has to make sure the loan get to the right people to make their own profit

Banks know the real rice farmers

What is so difficult here... Why must u leave room for people to steal why?
You are the only person here with a good reasoning ability. The money won't reach the common man...
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by thinksense: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2023
Great vision
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by otis3(m): 10:09am On Aug 01, 2023
Everyone will come here and say one or two ....either to criticize or support Mr president speech.The truth is, this country is one of the most blessed by God Almighty... but more than 90% of Nigerians both here or Abroad, Rich, middle or below class are the most selfish human on this planet hence don't expect any tangible positive change.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by mokwechineme: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/full-speech-tinubus-speech-on-current-economic-challenges/
say nice things and do the complete opposite is the hallmark of nigerian politicians

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Sambo Dasuki Released After Four Years In Detention / Happening Now In Port Harcourt / See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.