Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen (37180 Views)

Sit-At-Home: IPOB, ESN Beat Lady, Others In Enugu / Gunmen Attack Military Checkpoint In Anambra, 5 Soldiers Killed / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by beerfraud: 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
[i]…As troops raid militants training camps in Anambra and Imo, arrest 5 members

Troops conducting operations to deter enforcement of the illegal sit at home order in the South East by IPOB and ESN, on Monday successfully raided hideouts and training camps belonging to IPOB/ESN in Orsomoghu Forest spanning Anambra and Imo States.

During the raids, the combined troops of 82 Division Nigerian Army, Nigeria Police and other security agencies arrested five fleeing members of the group and recovered one IPOB flag, one CCTV camera, 2 detonated IED bombs and a fabricated mortar tube.

A statement by Brig Gen Onyema Nwachukwu, Director Army Public Relations said, “Sadly, five soldiers and two Nigeria Police operatives sustained varying degrees of injuries from the IED detonated by the criminals.

“The raid operation was carried out on Monday 31 July 2023, when troops were alerted to the violent activities of the irredentist group enforcing the illegal 2 weeks sit-at-home order in Onitsha, Nnewi and Iheme Obosi in Anambra State, as well as New Market in Enugu state.

During the raid operations, the troops cleared IPOB camps in Ekeututu, Orsomoghu, Lilu and Mother Valley camps of the dissidents.

Troops came in contact with the group’s armed fighters, who detonated Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) also known as Ogbunigwe and fired using locally fabricated mortar tube.

The valiant troops however overpowered the irredentist group in the firefight, compelling them to abandon their position as they fled with gunshot wounds into nearby bushes.

“The Nigerian Army encourages all law abiding citizens of the South East to continue to support ongoing operations with actionable information and to disregard the unlawful 2 weeks sit-at-home order by going about their normal daily activities and businesses.

“The Nigerian Army in synergy with sister services and security agencies will undauntedly continue to protect and safeguard lives and property of the good and enterprising people of South East Nigeria, within the ambit of the law and the rules of engagement.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/sit-at-home-ipob-esns-ogbunigwe-injures-5-soldiers-2-policemen/

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by 001Lagos: 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2023
Propaganda

Not everything you read on this vanguard newspaper that's widely known as APC propaganda media wing is true.

Yes, there is sit at home in the east every Monday from 7am to 4pm because of Nnamdi kanu. But the news that some people used ogbunigwe on the men of the Nigerian armed forces in Anambra and Imo is lies.

Lagos was in June 2023 ranked as the 4th worst city to live in on earth by the european union council behind war torn Kyiv in Ukraine. That's what everyone should be worried about.

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Alchemy528: 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
Sit at home,, just hindering peoples business

6 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Stillkrug: 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2023
Fake news from ibadan/lagos gutter media

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Taylor90: 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2023
Since y’all are blind to the fact that Nigeria was a forced marriage that needs to be instantly divorced

All these will keep happening

Share this country una dey beg for unity

Rubbish

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
Place proof

2 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Emergingnation(m): 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
These children and papa are the ESN fighters they claimed they arrested.. grin grin

They Arrested the papa and his children in their farm and tagged them ESN fighters. grin

No lies and propaganda can stop the imminent Biafra Actualisation..

https://twitter.com/HQNigerianArmy/status/1686278802291200000?t=uBEwQhbkq8xvL3I5u9K34Q&s=19

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by okeysoninv: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
Emergingnation:
This ekperima your end is near . Ipob mumu boy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by jmoore(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
When Nigeria military is fully ready, they will eliminate these terrorists fully. These terrorists are poorly funded.

If the military had drones, it would have reduced the casualties.

Do they even extract information from the ones they have arrested so far?
I am yet to see a major crackdown.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Emergingnation(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
okeysoninv:
This ekperima your end is near . Ipob mumu boy
You already dying with tensions generating by sit at home in SE.. grin

Chronic unity beggar !

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by D1official: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ekpa is a clown and no one takes him serious. South east is bubbling as we speak.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Emergingnation:

Chronic unity beggar !
Audio sit at home

5 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Dafresh: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
Simon Ekpa has already uploaded the pictures of the empty bullets and empty rocket launcher bullet after fighting with his boys
Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by okeysoninv: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2023
Emergingnation:

Chronic unity beggar !
Ezi like you. ENUGU is bubbling, abakaliki doesn't know what is sit at home, Anambra I bubbling, Abia and imo too. Only fools like ipob mugu that sits at home on a working day.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Emergingnation(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
okeysoninv:
Ewu like you. Osuogbo is bubbling, Ibadon doesn't know what is sit at home, Ogun is bubbling, ondo and Ekiti too. Only foolish skull mining terrorist are pained with the ongoing sits at home in SE . grin grin

Chronic unity beggar ! grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Monsignor22: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
I passed by that Ihiala/Orsu border axis yesterday and my soul almost left by body when our bus ran into an ESN roadblock, I thought they were soldiers initially from the military gears and Camo outfits they had on, and those guys were brandishing assault rifles... it was when they ordered us out of our vehicle and threatened to deal with us for flouting the sit-at-home order that I realised na one chance wey we enter...as God would have it they let us off after some roughing up and stern warnings to always be careful cause that area was a "war zone" between them and the "Zoo military" in their own words. Truth is I doubt the Nigerian military are serious about confronting these guys, because the caliber of weapons I saw on them are the types our DSS and special units carry and it scares me to think how well funded these boys are, it's embarrassing how our military resort to comic media stunts like displaying obsolete weapons and Biafran paraphernalia that they packaged just to mask their failures...the SE governors have really messed up and it might be too late right now to tame the monsters they enabled.

42 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by beerfraud: 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
001Lagos:
Propaganda

Not everything you read on this vanguard newspaper that's widely known as APC propaganda media wing is true.

Yes, there is sit at home in the east every Monday from 7am to 4pm because of Nnamdi kanu. But the news that some people used ogbunigwe on the men of the Nigerian armed forces in Anambra and Imo is lies.

Lagos was in June 2023 ranked as the 4th worst city to live in on earth by the european union council behind war torn Kyiv in Ukraine. That's what everyone should be worried about.
go to ekpa twitter page and see ibos celebrating it even the chief terrorist emergingnation and gidgiddy were happy

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by okeysoninv: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2023
Emergingnation:

Chronic unity beggar ! grin grin
ipob mugu. Slave begger

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Monsignor22:
I passed by that Ihiala/Orsu border axis yesterday and my soul almost left by body when our bus ran into an ESN roadblock, I thought they were soldiers initially from the military gears and Camo outfits they had on, and those guys were brandishing assault rifles... it was when they ordered us out of our vehicle and threatened to deal with us for flouting the sit-at-home order that I realised na one chance wey we enter...as God would have it they let us off after some roughing up and stern warnings to always be careful cause that area was a "war zone" between them and the "Zoo military" in their own words. Truth is I doubt the Nigerian military are serious about confronting these guys, because the caliber of weapons I saw on them are the types our DSS and special units carry and it scares me to think how well funded these boys are, it's embarrassing how our military resort to comic media stunts like displaying obsolete weapons and Biafran paraphernalia that they packaged just to mask their failures...the SE governors have really messed up and it might be too late right now to tame the monsters they enabled.

So make dem attack them make Ohaneze Ndigbo con call am "Ethnic Cleansing" again? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by udede(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
pineed:

NA should spare no criminals. We need peace in our nation
which nation abeg ?

2 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Adaisback(f): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2023
Any ESN that dare come out to enforce sit at home anywhere in Anambra must die. He will be shot point blank and even his juju will not save him

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Ikpunnegi01: 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
They don cook another fake news for their gullible zombies.. You arrested innocent girls and a grandpa who was confused on how he got into the police pickup!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by helinues: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
Toh

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Brek: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ikpunnegi01:
They don cook another fake news for their gullible zombies.. You arrested innocent girls and a grandpa who was confused on how he got into the police pickup!
This has got to be the worst propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by hisexcellency34: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
If military arrest them now or shoot them, some people will be talking nonsense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Umpire22: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Dozie32(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
Why not release Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for us? Stupid people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by theophorus(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
FG for leave our people make dem continue their "Sit At Home". There is no point disturbing them from doing their thing.

Ekpa Abeg na 2Months "Sit Ah Home" make you dey declare now ooo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen by Nahunger(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode, Fayose, Argebesola And Ajimobi At Western Nigerian Governors’ Forum / Soludo Defeats Andy Uba And Ozigbo In Their LGAs - Premium Times / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.