Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply (49437 Views)

Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity / Israel Cuts Off Electricity, Food, lay Complete Siege On Gaza. Bombings Continue / Niger: Junta Cuts Off Electricity, Water Supply To French Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by telkevog(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Cut the railway as well!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Erastuslove: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
IS BUHARI IN THAT COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Treadway: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Any sane person should be ashamed reading this post. So we can cut Niger off electric supplies so they don't have light, and it is a 'sanction', but we haven't had steady electricity for over 40years. So basically, Nigeria has been sanctioning Nigerians for over 4 decades...lol

My street sef is feeling the sanction, no light for over a week now. Thank God I've fully gone solar. Fvck the govt! Lol

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by baralatie(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Roger3D:
We supply Niger republic electricity because if we don't they can dam the river Niger and that would not only affect electricity but agriculture as well
That is why it is not in the interest of a Nigeria to hastily rush to flex against a strategic neighbour because of change of govt
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Mrtaye: 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Throwback:
Good!

The enemies of democracy who claim their mandate was stolen, but craved military rule as the alternative to their own candidate winning, would soon come here to tell us how Mali or Burkina-Faso will fight Nigeria for Niger Republic.

Those sanctions when applied altogether would cripple Niger within 2months.
We are talking of true democracy here
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by loliapoopy2013(f): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Abeg cut them off and give us 24 hours of light.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by baralatie(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
Treadway:
Any sane person should be ashamed reading this post. So we can cut Niger off electric supplies so they don't have light, and it is a 'sanction', but we haven't had steady electricity for over 40years. So basically, Nigeria has been sanctioning Nigerians for over 4 decades...lol

My street sef is feeling the sanction, no light for over a week now. Thank God I've fully gone solar. Fvck the govt! Lol
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Internal sanctions
Street sanctions
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by CaptainFM1: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
Does that translate enough electricity for domestic consumers?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Tartasbags(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
America vs Russia, Nigeria vs Niger ok now
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by eebraa(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
The reason we supply them with power is because we don't want them to build a hydroelectric Dam which will affect the flow of water in river Niger and that will affect our hydro electric dams like Kainji and Shiroro Dam!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Blaze14k: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
Throwback:
Good!

The enemies of democracy who claim their mandate was stolen, but craved military rule as the alternative to their own candidate winning, would soon come here to tell us how Mali or Burkina-Faso will fight Nigeria for Niger Republic.

So this faggo.t here prefer France to milk Niger dry than allowing the military to restore the dignity and integrity of their people. When we say the west control Tinubu and agbadorians like puppet they will start wailing.

A country that is trying to survive from disaster created by its ruling party is giving sanction. What a suicidal move. Next will be military action. Bunch of fo.ols

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
What is all these nonsense these government are dragging Nigeria into?
Africa is peace oh, let them leave all these things alone.
Anyone here that is lauding this action should envision himself and his family suffering it, because they will.

DON'T CHEER IT OH, IT'S FOOLISHNESS

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Albertgr8: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Tinubu should learn how to mind his business
Though if this result to any problem for the country the north will suffer it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by ehikwe22: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nigeria can't just cut off the electricity supply like that? What are the terms binding the supply of electricity? Nigeria before Buhari are not father Christmas that would just give power to Niger without any form of bargains - unless the electricity supply started under buhari which I doubt. So I ask again, what are the terms of the supply of electricity to Niger? How will Niger reneging on their own terms as well affect Nigerians?

Remember, Niger coup is not our war, but the scared African puppets are only out to make a strong precedence because they think that's the only way they can deter the same fate that befell the Niger president from befalling them. And not to forget, to please the western powers as well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by baralatie(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
eebraa:
The reason we supply them with power is because we don't want them to build a hydroelectric Dam which will affect the flow of water in river Niger and that will affect our hydro electric dams like Kainji and Shiroro Dam!
Yup
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Who send us now
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by casualobserver: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool We ain't called the Giant of Africa for no reason.

I dedicate “Basquiat” by Asake to my beloved Nigeria. Great jam!

We should tread carefully. The trans Sahara gas project currently under construction that is supppswd to bring economic windfall to Nigeria once completed, passes through Niger. Also if I recall correctly, one of the reasons we supply Niger electricity is because we dammed river Niger which passes through Niger.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by 001Lagos: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Country wey no get light dey give another person light 😂😂
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by buJu234: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
i don't support military coups..

but whosoever advises this move, should quickly do a re-think..

because if Niger, decided to build their own electric Dam upstream of River Niger in their capital..

bros, there will be no Kanji dam in Nigeria..

so be advised..

also, don't forget the river passes through Niger coup supporting countries

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by emerged01(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Shalommy:
Chaii... This is serious! How will bubu feel?
Bubu might be behind every Tinubu's action toward Niger.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Showguyz: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
post=124833155:
Way to go....

The Real definition of Big Brother Africa

Gbamsolutely!!!

On Saturday, the African Union (AU) gave the soldiers 15 days to return to their barracks and restore civil rule in the country.
Niger will also be suspended from all financial assistance and transactions with financial institutions within ECOWAS.

Peace is all we want in our world.

God bless AFRICA......from all of us @MANNA!
Please can you tell me when is the deadline
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by yankison(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Niger, out of all countries in the world ,doing shakara. Orishirishi.

Just read the history of comments of those supporting Niger coup plotters here alone will tell you that Niger is jinxed. Those asking them to ignore Nigeria's warning are bitter hateful perennial losers, whoever has the bad luck of getting their support can ever win anything!

The moment they support that person, the person is immediately jinxed with failure!

Ogbeni how much u de make from flyers ..u go just de open mouth de yarn dust every time ..ode oshi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Godoverevery: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
WriterNigg:
Niger has Uranium. A Nuclear power plant will be built by 🇷🇺 Russia in exchange for their natural resources. Problem solved

And power plant project is something you build in 1yr.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Burgerlomo: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
cl0r0x:
Nigeria wey no get light dey share.

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by FreeStuffsNG: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
yankison:

Ogbeni how much u de make from flyers ..u go just de open mouth de yarn dust every time ..ode oshi
mynd44 nlfpmod
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by baralatie(m): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
ehikwe22:
Nigeria can't just cut off the electricity supply like that? What are the terms binding the supply of electricity? Nigeria before Buhari are not father Christmas that would just give power to Niger without any form of bargains - unless the electricity supply started under buhari which I doubt. So I ask again, what are the terms of the supply of electricity to Niger? How will Niger reneging on their own terms as well affect Nigerians?

Remember, Niger coup is not our war, but the scared African puppets are only out to make a strong precedence because they think that's the only way they can deter the same fate that befell the Niger president from befalling them. And not to forget, to please the western powers as well
For the dam of river Niger in nigeria.there is an agreement for that part of electrical power generated ,which includes all countries on the river Niger.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by BigRocky: 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Throwback:
Good!

Nigerians are protesting hardship in all corners of Nigeria, but crippling Niger is your sole priority.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by tete7000(m): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
WriterNigg:
Niger has Uranium. A Nuclear power plant will be built by 🇷🇺 Russia in exchange for their natural resources. Problem solved

For free abi?
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by tuzle(m): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Sanctions better than war

Landlocked country dey make mouth against Nigeria

Na why I pity southeast Nigeria

If Nigeria split today, southeast is the only region that cannot stand alone. They will be landlocked and Nigeria will finish them with sanctions
let me correct something, Igbo isn't totally landlocked except there is a new definition for landlocked. I am not igbo
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Atlantis585: 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Shalommy:
Chaii... This is serious! How will bubu feel?

grin
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by chimex001(m): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Karrima:
If they are not afraid of France, who is Nigeria? Oga bulaba just dey play

Nigeria will overrun Niger easily within a month. Some people underestimate Nigerian military because of the politicization of fight against book haram I can assure you that Nigeria military can perform if given the freedom of action and resources. Remember we liberated Liberia and Siera leon in the 90s. Niger coup leaders don enter one chance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Confirmedzombie: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
The Igbos and obedients supporting Niger are here in Nigeria enjoying good life while the people Niger suffer the heat.

The kind of hate and bitterness in the hearts of Ipob and obedients, I wonder how they will ever grow in this life.

A shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Russia Has Deployed Attack Helicopters To Ukraine Border (Photos) / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) / Wanted Pussy Riot Band Leader Escapes Russia By Wearing A Food Delivery Disguise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.