Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply (49445 Views)

Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity / Israel Cuts Off Electricity, Food, lay Complete Siege On Gaza. Bombings Continue / Niger: Junta Cuts Off Electricity, Water Supply To French Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Throwback: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
BigRocky:

Nigerians are protesting hardship in all corners of Nigeria, but crippling Niger is your sole priority.

You have democracy and a right to protest, don't you?

Selfish soul.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Angelfrost(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
Why do I find this so laughable?!! grin grin grin

Small yansh just dey shake.

See Naija dey form Oppressor na! tongue
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by brainhgeek(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
I hope they will return the exotic jeeps buhari sent to them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Omoawoke2(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
tuzle:
let me correct something, Igbo isn't totally landlocked except there is a new definition for landlocked. I am not igbo just correcting ur geography

Do you know the meaning of landlocked

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Atlantis585: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
SensualMan:
Buhari won't like this. This Inec selected ediot is faced with problems on all fronts and is clueless about resolving any.
The senile old f**l rather went to Benin Republic to disgrace Nigeria on national TV by sleeping and gushing out spittle. You can't give what u don't have.
Yoruba Muslims over to u.

grin

Well said bro!
You are quite brilliant!!
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by occfx: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by baralatie(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
Angelfrost:
Why do I find this so laughable?!! grin grin grin

Small yansh just dey shake.

See Naija dey form Oppressor na! tongue
As in
I smell deliberate act to push ECOWAS region into chaos
God no go gree them
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Allisgud: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
So buhari will not sleep with light dis nite grin grin grin him go Japa self
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by WriterNigg: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godoverevery:

And power plant project is something you build in 1yr.

Lol

Its been more than 50 yrs of no reliable electricity in Nigeria. Niger can wait a few years I'm sure.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Showguyz: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
wisz1:

You don't build such power plant in a month.
Plus it will take more money to maintain and cool which Niger don't have

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by descartes400: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
eebraa:
The reason we supply them with power is because we don't want them to build a hydroelectric Dam which will affect the flow of water in river Niger and that will affect our hydro electric dams like Kainji and Shiroro Dam!

Now that Nigeria has decided to use or cut off electricity as a form of sanction against them, it's only commonsenical and logical that Niger look inward and build their own hydro electrical dam to generate electricity. And i will be too happy to support Niger in this regard.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by obayendo1010(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
i don"t fancy coup but this one is vital, France are ripping the country off their resources, to the extend of admitting openly that their personal interest comes first above the People of Niger choice.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by hush15: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by aklid(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Great
Don’t invade them, just suffocate them
I also read on BBC that their foodstuffs have risen as have never been seen before
Meanwhile Benin republic shuts boarders it is said nigeriens containers up almost 1000 are stuck at the boarders and that the Niger military junta asked Burkina Faso to use their routes but unfortunately, Burkina Faso routes are flooded with terrorists 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by mbos: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sergio101:
Nigeria will really mess them up
They are going to dam river Niger and channel the water into the desert....you three dams in Niger state will shut down permanent

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by LIGHTROOM: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
Good Move in the Right Direction. Load them with more Sanctions so they can feel the Heat.

Hope say chukudi is not in niger selling spare part?

Hope say chinedu is not in niger selling akirika?.

Hope say Abdul or armed is not in niger shining shoes?.

Hope say folorusho or kayode is not in niger for education or agbero?.

Sanctioning niger is thing, but what if niger start sanctioning Nigerians in their country?.

Make sure your home is in order before you start sanctioning other country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Agunesinjaweola: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Sanctions better than war

Landlocked country dey make mouth against Nigeria

Na why I pity southeast Nigeria

If Nigeria split today, southeast is the only region that cannot stand alone. They will be landlocked and Nigeria will finish them with sanctions
Is the North Not landlocked
Onitsha river will be widened to allow goods from South South and SW

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by wanted222(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool We ain't called the Giant of Africa for no reason.

I dedicate “Basquiat” by Asake to my beloved Nigeria. Great jam!
Giant of Africa u say keep on jocking the world have left Nigeria behind
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Roger3D(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
baralatie:

That is why it is not in the interest of a Nigeria to hastily rush to flex against a strategic neighbour because of change of govt
Exactly
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by IamANigerianMan: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool We ain't called the Giant of Africa for no reason.

I dedicate “Basquiat” by Asake to my beloved Nigeria. Great jam!
You, you get light? Getat
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Guyman01: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
descartes400:
I sincerely hope this will make Niger to look inward to start generating their own electricity. China and Russia are there to provide them with the necessary infrastructure. Nigeria should stop behaving like the collective west.
Many ignorant fellows here don't know that supplying them electricity was an arrangement to stop them from constructing a dam upstream of River Niger which passes through their territory before reaching our hydropower dams.
They can decide to enter into agreement with China to build a hydropower dam and there will be water shortage in Jebba and Kainji dams which will affect our own generation and output

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Confirm4real(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
grin

Rain dey beat your cloth you leave your own cloth go pack your neighbour own
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Omoawoke2(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Throwback:
Good!

The enemies of democracy who claim their mandate was stolen, but craved military rule as the alternative to their own candidate winning, would soon come here to tell us how Mali or Burkina-Faso will fight Nigeria for Niger Republic.

Those sanctions when applied altogether would cripple Niger within 2months.

It is just pure hatred and nothing more.

It is not even about the love for piti obi , it is about an inexplicable hatred for Jagaban

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by FatherLord: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
That means the former president can’t go there now
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by baralatie(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
brainhgeek:
I hope they will return the exotic jeeps buhari sent to them
That na dash to govt
And the govt has been overthrown.
How will it be returned
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by BigRocky: 4:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Throwback:

You have democracy and a right to protest, don't you?

Selfish soul.

Niger citizens supported the military take over.

Why una dey cry for Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Kossyso: 4:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
We should allow Niger to chart her course. There wouldn't have been any coup had the people been satisfied with the performance of their President. We have enough problems of our own to tackle. Let's not start wasting taxpayers' money on a fruitless adventure.🤔
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by diggindeep: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Atlantis585: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:
cool

As a Military Colonel or General, If you want to rule, simply resign join Politics and contest

You can't bully people to lead them as dictator.. that is long gone and unacceptable

* To the people confused on why we provide electricity to neighboring countries*

Nigeria Generates its electricity through Dams , we Dam rivers like Niger and Benue that flows in from other countries

For the water flow to have enough force to turn out turbine in places like Kanji we needed to stop other countries from building their own dam with the river

General Abacha had to sign an agreement with the neighbors, that we provide electricity and they pay but they are not going to Dam the river

Are you implying we should go and fight other people’s war because of a military coup when the current government we have here in Nigeria came about as a result of a civilian coup?

Let us remove the logs 🪵 in our eyes before worrying about a speck of dust in other people’s eyes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Omoawoke2(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
Agunesinjaweola:

Is the North Not landlocked
Onitsha river will be widened to allow goods from South South and SW

Hahahahah

So you think say na canoe dey carry container.

And even if you achieve that, you will pass through another country which is south south and southwest meaning you are still landlocked!

South south and southwest can wake up tomorrow and sanction you. We can declare a no flight zone on you.
We will control your military and economic decisions

North knows the impact of being landlocked and that’s why they are not calling for division. I am only surprised the southeast is filled with illiterates and don’t know what they are asking for

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Russia Has Deployed Attack Helicopters To Ukraine Border (Photos) / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) / Wanted Pussy Riot Band Leader Escapes Russia By Wearing A Food Delivery Disguise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.