Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (124697 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Sonnick:
ohh nice, thanks for your prompt response. I've been trying to use Duolingo to learn Spanish but I don't find it effective. Can you recommend how I can learn it, more like a platform or any way?

Go to a language school and try to find ways to immerse yourself in Spanish. Watch Spanish YouTube videos. Read books in Spanish and all
Re: Memoirs From Chile by DyingFetus: 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
Sonnick:
ohh nice, thanks for your prompt response. I've been trying to use Duolingo to learn Spanish but I don't find it effective. Can you recommend how I can learn it, more like a platform or any way?

Use interpals

It's not a language school , it can help you interact with folks that speaks Spanish

You might see someone that's in your area that's prolly learning Spanish
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sonnick(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Go to a language school and try to find ways to immerse yourself in Spanish. Watch Spanish YouTube videos. Read books in Spanish and all
nice, thanks
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sonnick(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
DyingFetus:

Use interpals

It's not a language school , it can help you interact with folks that speaks Spanish

You might see someone that's in your area that's prolly learning Spanish
I will look into this too. Thanks
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
World rally tournament down here in concepcion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Silentgroper(m): 1:07am On Oct 02, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Bleach
Do u still see it.. I miss seeing ichigo and his bankai..
btw, u need nt exchange words with that asswipe.. Just ignore d psycho..
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ecograce(m): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
@tensazangetsu20: Good morning from here,

So I am applying for a Chile Tourist Visa and it's been longer than I expected. After my interview my status update has changed severally as at today it is; Response Analysis!

Do you have any idea what other stages before I can get the Visa?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
ecograce:
@tensazangetsu20: Good morning from here,

So I am applying for a Chile Tourist Visa and it's been longer than I expected. After my interview my status update has changed severally as at today it is; Response Analysis!

Do you have any idea what other stages before I can get the Visa?

No idea. I came with residency not tourist visa. Just pray Chile tourist visa isn't easy to get.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ecograce(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

No idea. I came with residency not tourist visa. Just pray Chile tourist visa isn't easy to get.

Thank you for the prompt response!!! The notion I got before applying is that the visa takes a short time, do you have anyone who has gotten the Tourist so I can discuss with them
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
ecograce:

Thank you for the prompt response!!! The notion I got before applying is that the visa takes a short time, do you have anyone who has gotten the Tourist so I can discuss with them

At all. Just be patient and hopeful

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:36am On Oct 07, 2023
My friends invited me to another city in the region I am in. So I am in Concepción and Concepción is in a region called bio bio. The region has a total of around 10 cities. I got invited to hang out with some friends at Inacap. Inacap here in Chile is like a technological university. It's only for engineering and computer science. The city I went to was called Talcahuano. Men its so much more better than concepcion. Lots of factories and so much more industrialised. Probably sure that's why the school is there.

11 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:37am On Oct 07, 2023
On my way back to my city

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 3:39am On Oct 07, 2023
In Nigeria you can't go from mainland to island without regretting it.

God help you if you want to go from Lekki to Ogun state and return the same day for example, you fit curse your ancestors. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Olumighty123(m): 4:49am On Oct 07, 2023
Karleb:

God help you if you want to go from Lekki to Ogun state and return the same day for example, you fit curse your ancestors. cheesy

You go get migraine for sure grin

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2023
Karleb:

I am curious, why is it so? Abi dem never fix the Lagos-Abeoukta Expressway up till now? shocked That road and one road like that in Imo were the places I prayed silently to God, saying, please make it possible for me to leave Nigeria. I cannot continue like this embarassed.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

I am curious, why is it so? Abi dem never fix the Lagos-Abeoukta Expressway up till now? shocked That road and one road like that in Imo were the places I prayed silently to God, saying, please make it possible for me to leave Nigeria. I cannot continue like this embarassed.

The road you are talking of in Imo is Okigwe road leading to anara.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Englishisamust: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2023
Karleb:

grin grin grin. If I no japaa waiting I gain with my tech skills. One of my friend wey advice me to invest in Nigeria don go to USA with study route. If I catch the guy eeenh!!! I fit stone aam.. Na when he reach airport he tell me that he is leaving Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
Karleb:

LoL there's trains in all regions connecting cities but I prefer to use the bus. I haven't gotten the card for the train yet and you need to go the city center to use it.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

There's only one road leading from island all the way to Ogun state.

The part of the road in Lagos comes with overhead bridges, however it is too little to serve the population. It is only a singular bridge that leads the island to mainland, the 3rd mainland bridge. It's the reason why there's always gridlock during rush hours.

The worse part of the road is the one in ogun state. That roads interchanges from one lane to two lanes.

One thing that still surprises me till today is why buses still need conductors in the best state in Nigeria.

Why do we need one dirty looking guy to hang on a bus to collect money? It's so archaic and backward.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

LoL there's trains in all regions connecting cities but I prefer to use the bus. I haven't gotten the card for the train yet and you need to go the city center to use it.

Seeing how free that road is is surprising.

In Lagos, it would have been filled with yellow buses.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:26am On Oct 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Apart from how safe the society is, another aspect of life I applaud the Japanese is the train system. These guys have hacked it thoroughly. Sometimes, I feel like crying when using the train. The way it moves, speed, the mannerisms of the drivers and everything about the rail system. I bet they can construct a railway line while asleep. Na small small things like this dey increase life expectancy rate.

Karleb:

There's only one road leading from island all the way to Ogun state.

The part of the road in Lagos comes with overhead bridges, however it is too little to serve the population. It is only a singular bridge that leads the island to mainland, the 3rd mainland bridge. It's the reason why there's always gridlock during rush hours.

The worse part of the road is the one in ogun state. That roads interchanges from one lane to two lanes.

One thing that still surprises me till today is why buses still need conductors in the best state in Nigeria.

Why do we need one dirty looking guy to hang on a bus to collect money? It's so archaic and backward.

I was happy when I saw the news that the monorail in Lagos started work. Before then, Lagos was the only city in the world with over 20 million residents without any rail transit. The city abi state needs rail and monorails. The market is there to make money out of it. If need be, they should privatise the lines as the Japanese do. When the rail is good and working optimally, copy Singapore's ERP system. Trust me, when the rail works, most people would not want to drive except for personal reasons.

Development no hard these days. There are enough templates to copy from and tweak to personal tastes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by oluyemi123: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2023
Englishisamust:

grin grin grin. If I no japaa waiting I gain with my tech skills. One of my friend wey advice me to invest in Nigeria don go to USA with study route. If I catch the guy eeenh!!! I fit stone aam.. Na when he reach airport he tell me that he is leaving Nigeria

All this why not start Agricultural biz geng.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by bomsyvic: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2023
I just got my visa after a long delay from the National migration service. I'm moving to Temuco by December. I will be based in Carilanca. Please, how do I contact you probably on WhatsApp so that I can find out some details?

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ecograce(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Hey, I got the visa approved on the portal how long do i expect to hear from the embassy
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ecograce(m): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2023
hello, I got my visa approved on the portal, how long do i expect to hear from the embassy

tensazangetsu20:

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2023
ecograce:
hello, I got my visa approved on the portal, how long do i expect to hear from the embassy

Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. Congratulations.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Ashirioluwa: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
Karleb:

True talk
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2023
bomsyvic:
I just got my visa after a long delay from the National migration service. I'm moving to Temuco by December. I will be based in Carilanca. Please, how do I contact you probably on WhatsApp so that I can find out some details?

Congratulations. Temuco is pretty cheap to live in compared to Santiago. I sent you a DM. Nice to see people making plans and succeeding while others are abusing. As of when I left Nigeria, a dollar was 750. Now it's 1000 if care isn't taken it will be 1500 and the money I used to move them one will need double of it cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
bomsyvic:

Congratulations brother. This is wonderful news!
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ecograce(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Please try and share your contact I am coming in by next month too so I can get to speak with you.

I don't know how long Bfr i get the visa! Although it has been approved on the portal.

Please those with experience advice before I book my ticket

tensazangetsu20:

Congratulations. Temuco is pretty cheap to live in compared to Santiago. I sent you a DM. Nice to see people making plans and succeeding while others are abusing. As of when I left Nigeria, a dollar was 750. Now it's 1000 if care isn't taken it will be 1500 and the money I used to move them one will need double of it cry cry cry
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ecograce(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2023
Congratulations

Regex:

Congratulations brother. This is wonderful news!
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
ecograce:
Please try and share your contact I am coming in by next month too so I can get to speak with you.

I don't know how long Bfr i get the visa! Although it has been approved on the portal.

Please those with experience advice before I book my ticket

I sent a dm. Don't want to drop my number here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (51) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.