Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? (13086 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You're Her Brother? / What Would Be Your Reaction If.. / What Will Be Your Reaction Should Your Ex Send You This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by labake1(f): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
Asking for a friend

Both of them has been dating for four years, she has met all his family and her siblings knows him but he doesn't seem like moving to the next stage.

So she is thinking on proposing to him this weekend but worried of his reaction.

Guys, what would be your reaction if your girlfriend proposed to you?

6 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Proserpina: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2023

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
She will just chop slap there and then. Which kind nonsense be that?

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by talented321: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
If she is my real lover'' no wahala'' but if na one olosho girl friend' i will not shame her though but i will let her know that it will not work in a way she will not feel bad about it.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by VinnyBaba: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
I will say YES, but Still Gimme Time Plz. embarassed undecided

8 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Goodlyhrt(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
A young entrepreneur seeking for aid in other to stay afloat this fuel hike period.

I am begging Nigerians to pls help my computer business from collapsing.

I need a solar equipment

3 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by ElliotP: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
I go collect the ring and smile, then give her back when we reach house.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by pansophist(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
The act of proposing is just an act of promise, it's symbolic. Where the work is, is when you carry the responsibilities of a proposer. And I'm 100% sure that's not something your friend wants to carry.

So after she proposed to him, will she also pay his groom price, then sponsor their wedding, then pay for honeymoon, have a house for him to move into later on? And he probably will bear her surname?

The act of proposal is basically a man saying, "I owe you marital responsibilities". I will provide for you, care for you, love you, and see you as a part of me. Its a statement that carries weight.

Since men carry the burden of performance, he has the responsibility to propose, it's it him declaring to you that he is willing to be your performer.

Men are like drivers, and women are like passengers. You'll only enter a bus that is going to direction you want. So a man's proposals is like saying, hey, I'm going to Abuja, it's better than Lagos, are you onboarding?

Then as a woman, you decide if Abuja is better than Lagos, or Cotonou, or Paris. You choose from your options and pick the best. This is the natural dynamic.

So if you propose to a man, it's like a passenger forcing the driver to go Enugu when he is not ready, or don't want to go there. Also you don't want to put the wrong driver in the steering.

If you understand my alalogy, then proposing is not your job as a woman. Refrain from it. You may ask him where this relationship is heading, to determine your next step.

112 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by diogo23: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

Both of them has been dating for four years, she has met all his family and her siblings knows him but he doesn't seem like moving to the next stage.

So she is thinking on proposing to him this weekend but worried of his reaction.

If she's a good girl I will accept but if she's not I will reject her immediately

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by diogo23: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

Don't force yourself on any man because it won't end well

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Lalami3232(m): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin grin grin
I no fit use shame take swallow needle. I go reject if I no like the girl. Besides, dem dey reject guys and nothing dey happen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by chinae(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
Once, she is the one I love and we already have an existing understanding. Whole heartedly, I will accept it and forever respect her courage

8 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
Why can't she simply discuss marriage with him and see his reaction? If he gives negative vibes or I don't care attitude she should jejely move on.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nazgul: 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
I'll say yes, then she'll go and see my parents and collect marriage and groom price list.

She'll bear 100% of the marital expenses in both the traditional and with wedding respectively.

After the wedding, I'll remain the head of the home and she'll bear my name.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Purvan(m): 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
I go laff the bish die🤣

Take pic of her and use it as même on twitter

4 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nonexisting1: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
I don't have a girlfriend but if Nigerian vagina person proposes marriage to me, I will see it that I'm being targeted for an an evil attack and that is when I will get a visa and leave this country for good. I can not leave my current career and turn myself to wild dog's trainer. Unlike our mothers, the street dogs we have now are better left alone, no need domesticating them. Just fucck your turn and move on.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by labake1(f): 7:25am On Aug 04, 2023
diogo23:

If she's a good girl I will accept but if she's not I will reject her immediately

Men life sha
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by labake1(f): 7:26am On Aug 04, 2023
Purvan:
I go laff the bish die🤣

Take pic of her and use it as même on twitter

What a boy!

2 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by labake1(f): 7:26am On Aug 04, 2023
diogo23:

Don't force yourself on any man because it won't end well

I will tell her
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by NeeKlaus: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Labake1, ask your friend (even though I know it's you), when she proposes to him, will she also pay his groom price?

Bear the cost of the wedding?

Handle all the financial aspects of the wedding?

Or she will just place expenses on someone that wasn't expecting it or is not even ready for it?

Is that the plan?

2 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by TERMlNATOR(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
I will start nagging grin grin
I will start from "I Am Not In The Mood" grin grin grin
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Dozie32(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
I will accept her
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by orohbirodeysmel: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
You men sef... tongue
You people say, you guys will no longer propose to ladies that it is not befitting of an African man...

Now ladies wanna propose and it is still a problem to you people...

What do you people want sef

4 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by N3TRAL: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
I'll get the ring from her, go on my knees and put it on her finger. We'll then kiss for a minute or five.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by omorttee4u(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kid dating kid. Waiting be propose or not propoose. Where's the communication...there are many ways to pop out a proposal question" what could likely hold a guy from getting married after meeting the family. The response will determine your next move, except you are not dating your friend.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by IMASTEX: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
I'll take her to see my people to collect groom list. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by popweezy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
I go just tell her.. Oga stand up! No be me you go use style force into marriage.. shey I tell you say I don ready

Don't mind me.. just kidding cheesy wink
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

I'll run away!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Godstiger(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Let me think about it
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by TimFisher2: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
grin

I would only wish that my girlfriend proposal will favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Pandev(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
undecided my reaction? As long as she can afford my groom price and will put me on monthly salary, then we're good to go

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
I'll say No.
Don't try that, real life ain't what you see in movies and social media.

There are better ways to this.
Have you discussed when you guys want to marry at all because that's what courtship is about and not only meeting each others parents.

Bring up wedding discussions with him.
Be close to his friends to get better hint on possible moves.
Talk, talk and talk.

Most proposals you see online are just to please society and peers because most are done after fixing wedding dates.

A man doesn't have to propose before you get married, just a western culture. (Thou I regret not doing so because I found out my wife wanted it)

I'm tired now , coming back to add more details

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? / Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? / Is This True? Black Women Have Tight Vargina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.