Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,521 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners (20644 Views)

Oronsaye Report: Uncertainty Over 48 Ministers / Tinubu’s 48 Ministers To Gulp N8.6bn In 4yrs / Simon Lalong Is New Governors Forum Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Any government that tells her citizens to be patient or make sacrifices in their anti people's policy are not going to fulfil the dividend of good governance.see people telling nigerians to be patience
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by BOYS2MEN: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by blowjohn(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hadeylex:

https://punchng.com/bloated-structure-tinubu-new-govs-to-get-48-ministers-560-commissioners/

These are distractions.
The pay of these people are actually nothing.

The issue is if money budgeted for projects in the country are utilised.

Let me ask: if the trillions of money pumped into electricity and we have constant electricity, who will care about what they earn?

If we had adequate security, we'll equipped hospitals, who will be arguing over salaries of commissioners?

All this salary thing is nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Brownshoe: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
OK.

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Menclothing: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Useless news everywhere
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Fujiyama: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
jrusky:
All these noise I can't really understand. Is it Tinubu the first president to make such appointment?

^^^
cheesy

It is "noise" to you precisely because you don't understand the issues - and you probably never will. Those who understand the issues (which are quite straightforward really) have taken a position.

jrusky:
Honestly I'm not bother about all these wallahi all that matters to me is a better govt and people who can deliver.

^^^
grin

Standard, textbook response of the befuddled. How hard can it be for one to understand that more money spent on government ministers means less money spent on ordinary Nigerians? How hard can it be? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Mosba: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
Like oyinbo man go talk am, 'the more the merrier '. This is the beauty of democracy. At least many more families get to lick from national cake When we had military generals in power and there was very very little cost of governance what did they do with that opportunity? The money was too much in the country for them and they pushed lots of it to foreign countries isn't it? Let Mr President compensate his people, if not for them Atiku wound have won. May this Tinubu government be source of blessings for me and my family.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by diggindeep: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Joe Biden, the President of the United States of America administration has a total of 15 cabinet-level departments, each headed by a Cabinet Secretary who is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. The 15 cabinet-level departments are: State, Treasury, Defense, Justice, Interior, Agriculture, Commerce, Labor, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Transportation, Energy, Education, Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security, and the Environmental Protection Agency. In addition to these departments, there are also a number of other agencies and offices that make up the executive branch of the federal government.

While Tinubu is busy settling his boys with ministerial appointments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by XAUBulls: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Nolevel666: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Well, to be honest, it’s not a bad idea to nominate that number of ministers, as fewer ministers would mean much workload and inability to pay attention to detail when executing projects et al.

Their monthly salaries isn’t too bad as some doctors earn more than that monthly.

Their total salary for each tenure is less than 50 million which is not even enough to build a standard house,afford a standard car, etc in this time of bloated inflation so, increasing their salaries should only be on the ground that if anyone is caught with corruption afterwards will face the full wrath of the law.

As for unnecessary aides, that should be put in check.

The cost isn’t too bad if only they do what they are supposed to do.

Sadly, they choose to ignore how much the world has left us behind in terms of development and technological advancement.
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by God2man2again(m): 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
I want to believe that this is speculation
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by omoadeleye(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
saphiere:
Total rubbish..

Please I need someone to help me out of this slum called Nigeria.

You can see how useless you're to your country and to yourself.

You're still looking for someone to help you out of the country.

You're useless and you want the government to be useful to you?

Lol, 😆 joker of the century.
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by jrusky(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
cheesy

^^^
It is "noise" to you precisely because you don't understand the issues - and you probably never will. Those who understand the issues (which are quite straightforward really) have taken a position.

^^^
grin

Standard, textbook response of the befuddled. How hard can it be for one to understand that more money spent on government ministers means less money spent on ordinary Nigerians? How hard can it be? undecided

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
ObiaboAdoka:
Dat is y I always prefer military regime.

All of you making this statement its either youre just kids who are talking out of sentiment or you just happened to be one of the lucky ones that benefitted directly from it. Your opinion anyway.
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Mountbatten: 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
The cost of democratic rule has become unsustainable. Maybe it's time we revert to military rule to trim the bloat… Oh wait, they also looted from the economy.
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by jrusky(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
cheesy

^^^

^^^
grin

Very interesting, I think you are Chimamanda family pls remind me how many ministers did obj had, Gej had and Buhari had? So it is now you suddenly remember more money to ministers less money to citizen nasty theory ba?

Ok I have heard you. Let's keep watching...
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by PoliciaNLand: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
omoadeleye:

You can see how useless you're to your country and to yourself.

You're still looking for someone to help you out of the country.

You're useless and you want the government to be useful to you?

Lol, 😆 joker of the century.
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Fujiyama: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
All these are cheap nonsense. Cut the man some slack, this administration is very young and should be given a chance to succeed. So far, all policy decisions are in line with the economic realities except his choice of politicians for ministerial positions which are supposed to be filled with Technocrats of those ministerial disciplines.

^^^
You have shot your own argument in the foot.

In one breath you ask for "slack". In another, you admit square pegs are being put in round holes. What exactly is the point you are trying to make?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by LivingSage: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nothing humongous about this salary nah
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by LivingSage: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
When you become president, appoint 2.

This is his
JDJDjD:

mumu
dey want u to suffer while dem continue ro enjoy.
what is he doing with 48ministers?
37 is enough
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Great2017: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
jrusky:
All these noise I can't really understand. Is it Tinubu the first president to make such appointment? Honestly I'm not bother about all these wallahi all that matters to me is a better govt and people who can deliver.
Better government and satisfactory results come at a price. What is government optimizing for better results?
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by enemyofprogress: 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tinubu has effectively transplanted the criminal gang that stole their states dry for 4-8 years to Abuja to continue stealing blocking any investigation or prosecution of their crimes. Nigerians cannot plant corn to reap apple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by fabolouz1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
What happened to the Orasanye report?
What's the essence of setting up committees and wasting billions of naira in the process if the recommendations won't be put to use?
Our leaders are not thinking of the nation at all?
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Fujiyama: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
blowjohn:
These are distractions.
The pay of these people are actually nothing. The issue is if money budgeted for projects in the country are utilised.

^^^
No, they are not distractions. And if the pay is "nothing", then they should work for free, non?

As for the bit about utilizing money budgeted for projects...can't you see our budgets are perpetually upside down? For decades now, our recurrent expenditure (the money spent on fueling the lifestyles of your federal ministers, state commissioners etc....the pay and allowances you describe as "nothing" ) dwarfs our capital expenditure. How in hell do you expect your economy to grow with budgets like these?

blowjohn:
Let me ask: if the trillions of money pumped into electricity and we have constant electricity, who will care about what they earn?

^^^
Don't get it twisted.

You are right about the very poor results from infrastructure spending so far. But Nigeria spends far less (on a per capita basis) on infrastructure than its peers. We need to increase spending on infrastructure AND also demand value for money spent. These two goals can be achieved concurrently. And you can only free up money for infrastructure if you cut down on jumbo salaries for government workers (among other policy choices).

blowjohn:
If we had adequate security, we'll equipped hospitals, who will be arguing over salaries of commissioners?

^^^
Read up a bit more on your country's budgets. Compare with some of our peers and you'll get the picture.
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by ncoolsome(m): 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
jrusky:
All these noise I can't really understand. Is it Tinubu the first president to make such appointment? Honestly I'm not bother about all these wallahi all that matters to me is a better govt and people who can deliver.

Read again...maybe again..Tinubu made history as the first Nigerian president with highest number of ministers..meaning more money will be spent on salary etc..
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Fujiyama: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
jrusky:

Very interesting, I think you are Chimamanda family pls remind me how many ministers did obj had, Gej had and Buhari had? So it is now you suddenly remember more money to ministers less money to citizen nasty theory ba?

Ok I have heard you. Let's keep watching...

^^^
This isn't the response I was expecting. Can't you put together a convincing, well thought out argument for once, godammit? grin

But then...I guess I shouldn't complain. You provide me with some much needed comic relief - and that can only be a good thing. There's very little to laugh at these days...
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Rullybiz: 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
enemyofprogress:
The cost of governance is very expenses in Nigeria. Democracy is two expenses jo
bloated structure in a bloated Population. Nigeria is too big to expect a less number if leaders than what we have currently
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by omoadeleye(m): 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
PoliciaNLand:
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2

FINESTGURLIE is that you?
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Fujiyama: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nolevel666:
Well, to be honest, it’s not a bad idea to nominate that number of ministers, as fewer ministers would mean much workload and inability to pay attention to detail when executing projects et al.

^^^
In spite of the seriousness of the matter, some of these responses are... cheesy

You can start by finding out what Nigeria's federal ministers actually do. What is their job description? What are their deliverables? What are their KPIs? How are projects actually executed? Once you are able to get at least some answers to these questions, I can assure you all talk about "heavy workload" will evaporate.

Nolevel666:
Their monthly salaries isn’t too bad as some doctors earn more than that monthly.

Their total salary for each tenure is less than 50 million which is not even enough to build a standard house,afford a standard car, etc in this time of bloated inflation so, increasing their salaries should only be on the ground that if anyone is caught with corruption afterwards will face the full wrath of the law.

^^^
grin

Ok.

I find your (implied) expectation that a federal minister should be able to build a house with wages from a one term ministerial tenure, very troubling. A home is the most expensive physical asset for most people. It typically takes years to acquire on a regular wage for most people. Also, ministers serve at the pleasure of their principal - it seems strange to make plans for home ownership on the strength of a ministerial appointment in this environment...unless there's something we are not being told.
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by oyeb15: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ebola Tinubu indeed. When he was saying students will spend 12 years in school and his children will be eating Agbado, that your eyes will start seeing only BLUE.
Folks said it slip of tongue now knowing this old criminal want to revenge his rough beginning on Nigerians.

Gid will remove him asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Babastrong(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
[quote author=saphiere post=124901396]Total rubbish..

Please I need someone to help me out of this slum called Nigeria.[benin republic? i can help you.]
Re: Tinubu To Get 48 Ministers, New Governors 560 Commissioners by Nolevel666: 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
In spite of the seriousness of the matter, some of these responses are... cheesy

You can start by finding out what Nigeria's federal ministers actually do. What is their job description? What are their deliverables? What are their KPIs? How are projects actually executed? Once you are able to get at least some answers to these questions, I can assure you all talk about "heavy workload" will evaporate.

^^^
grin

Ok.

I find your (implied) expectation that a federal minister should be able to build a house with wages from a one term ministerial tenure, very troubling. A home is the most expensive physical asset for most people. It typically takes years to acquire on a regular wage for most people. Also, ministers serve at the pleasure of their principal - it seems strange to make plans for home ownership on the strength of a ministerial appointment in this environment...unless there's something we are not being told.

Well, i stand to be corrected.

I just don’t want to hear anyone complain that “its because my salary is not enough that made me accept bribe or push drug”

I believe in meritocracy. If you’re competent at your job then there shouldn’t be any reason why you shouldn’t be able to afford a comfortable lifestyle.

Regarding their workloads and it’s architecture, I’ll make some research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC / What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? / Sowore Speaks: My Connection With Tinubu And Jonathan, Why I Hate PDP (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.