Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise (1627 Views)

Justwise / I Need Help From "Justwise" / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by iamcapela: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
Good afternoon people of honor and integrity, permit me to introduce myself, my name is Akin, I have this problem with the UK embassy which has denied me many chances of visiting , OK here is is it, few years ago specifically 2006, Whilst the urge to move out of Nigeria was what was in vogue then, My older cousin persuaded me to try applying to the UK to see if I could be granted visa too since he applied as a underage application then in the same year, he was issued the visa, he was 25 years old then but he claimed 16 and thus he was granted the visa.

Well he introduced me to his agent and I paid a sum of #100,000 for him to get the documents to process mine too, he did and we both went to then UK VFS office at Ikeja to submit, now here's my problem, the name we used in applying for the visitor visa then was my real name, (my complete name with surname and other name), then there was no finger prints, so I submitted and after 2 weeks I went back for the result and alas I was denied on the grounds that my intended relative that I am to visit did not provide the details of accommodation of where I will be staying and that if I visit I will not return to Nigeria, so I was given a letter to appeal, of which I didn't even bother to appeal since I didn't know how to go about it.

Now the problem is that the agent asked me to back date my age, the I was 21 and I reduced it to 16, Now my question is, I have a new E-passport with my actual date of birth which now reads that I am 26, I am through with school and I just finished service, I would like to go for my masters but my question is won't I be denied instantly on the grounds that I falsified my age? On the other hand, I talked to a friend who advise me to write a letter through my lawyer to the British high commission to come out clean so when I would apply for student visa I won't be having issues.

All I need is your advise on how to go about this, I am in this huge dilemma and none of my family knows about it yet. I wait to read from all of you, I will appreciate meaningful contributions to this thread, once again God bless you all.
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by Vicjustice: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
iamcapela:

Good afternoon people of honor and integrity, permit me to introduce myself, my name is Akin, I have this problem with the UK embassy which has denied me many chances of visiting , OK here is is it, few years ago specifically 2006, Whilst the urge to move out of Nigeria was what was in vogue then, My older cousin persuaded me to try applying to the UK to see if I could be granted visa too since he applied as a underage application then in the same year, he was issued the visa, he was 25 years old then but he claimed 16 and thus he was granted the visa.

Well he introduced me to his agent and I paid a sum of #100,000 for him to get the documents to process mine too, he did and we both went to then UK VFS office at Ikeja to submit, now here's my problem, the name we used in applying for the visitor visa then was my real name, (my complete name with surname and other name), then there was no finger prints, so I submitted and after 2 weeks I went back for the result and alas I was denied on the grounds that my intended relative that I am to visit did not provide the details of accommodation of where I will be staying and that if I visit I will not return to Nigeria, so I was given a letter to appeal, of which I didn't even bother to appeal since I didn't know how to go about it.

Now the problem is that the agent asked me to back date my age, the I was 21 and I reduced it to 16, Now my question is, I have a new E-passport with my actual date of birth which now reads that I am 26, I am through with school and I just finished service, I would like to go for my masters but my question is won't I be denied instantly on the grounds that I falsified my age? On the other hand, I talked to a friend who advise me to write a letter through my lawyer to the British high commission to come out clean so when I would apply for student visa I won't be having issues.

All I need is your advise on how to go about this, I am in this huge dilemma and none of my family knows about it yet. I wait to read from all of you, I will appreciate meaningful contributions to this thread, once again God bless you all.
Age discrepancies are taken very seriously, but before i can give advise or suggestion on this, i need you to answer these:
*The discrepancy in your entered DOBs, is it just the Year or the Day and/or Month are also conflicting?
*Are your Parents' data (ie, Names, DOBs, mother's Maiden name) in your current documents/passport the same as the ones you gave to the embassy then?
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by dalebutt1: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2011
at OP, I should tell you what you did wasnt the smartest and its wrong, i am not allowed to judge you under any circumstances we have all done some dodgy things in the past.its a good thing finger printing hasnt started in 2006 hence i would tell you dont even bother applying to the UK and should try other countries. I can tell you as far as the supporting documentation from the previous application would not show up in this new one as VIC was asking you about your parents details. If you know there wouldnt be a trace from the previous one in terms of documentaion then you will be good. there could be 10 of you sharing same name but it is almost or rather impossible for any two persons to share same name and same dob with anyone . So you can apply with chilling mind if you wont link any of the said documents that Vicjustice had listed and anymore from the previous one, dnt think of coming clean oo they wont give a shit about you coming clean as far as you are applying from Nigeria, if you were resident in the UK you could come clean to the UKBA they are a bit more subtle when you are in than a fresher.
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by iamcapela: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
@Vicjustice,

Per your questions,

Age discrepancies are taken very seriously, but before i can give advise or suggestion on this, i need you to answer these:
*The discrepancy in your entered DOBs, is it just the Year or the Day and/or Month are also conflicting?
*Are your Parents' data (ie, Names, DOBs, mother's Maiden name) in your current documents/passport the same as the ones you gave to the embassy then?

Now here is it went, my real date of birth is 14/09/1985, I have a E-passport to this effect, The one I used to apply to the British embassy in 2006 is dated 02/08/1990, issued 07/08/2006 and has expired since 06/08/2011. But my name is as the same on the new e-passport and the old one too has this same name.

My parents name's was the only names I filled then on the application form, as I have all those documents right here, it has my parent's real names. but there's no place I was asked to fill their DOB's or my mother's maiden name in the application forms.

But my parent's name on my new E-passport is still the same as with the 06/08/2011. Now the thing is the supposed Uncle who was inviting me then, the name on his British passport is Mohammed Shitta, so I claimed my Mum is the elder brother, but since she was married to my Dad that was my was now bears my father's surname, but she used to be Nee (Shitta).

@ dalebutt1

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate everything you wrote here too, I am scared of coming out too, cause I don't want to be banned for 10 years as I have waited for 5 years already and I have not applied to the UK embassy at all.

Please keep your contributions coming everyone.
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by dalebutt1: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
if you came out clean you wont be banned but the chances are they will refuse very very likely. remember visa issuance is a priviledge not a right, if you are not to comfortable with it you could just apply to any good schengen country for you masters and dont waste you time with the UK when you get to any of the countries you know getting a UK visa is almost stress free. be very careful in this finger print age dont rush into doing anything silly. there are European countries whose standards are even much higher than the UK, but if UK isyou choice make sure you do not link anything that would call to mind on the previous application but i can assure you , your new date of birth and name is not suffice to link you to the other application. I am not sure if your parents name is enough to incriminate you wait for other members sugestion
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by Vicjustice: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2011
iamcapela:

@Vicjustice,

Per your questions,

Now here is it went, my real date of birth is 14/09/1985, I have a E-passport to this effect, The one I used to apply to the British embassy in 2006 is dated 02/08/1990, issued 07/08/2006 and has expired since 06/08/2011. But my name is as the same on the new e-passport and the old one too has this same name.

My parents name's was the only names I filled then on the application form, as I have all those documents right here, it has my parent's real names. but there's no place I was asked to fill their DOB's or my mother's maiden name in the application forms.

But my parent's name on my new E-passport is still the same as with the 06/08/2011. Now the thing is the supposed Uncle who was inviting me then, the name on his British passport is Mohammed Shitta, so I claimed my Mum is the elder brother, but since she was married to my Dad that was my was now bears my father's surname, but she used to be Nee (Shitta).

@ dalebutt1

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate everything you wrote here too, I am scared of coming out too, cause I don't want to be banned for 10 years as I have waited for 5 years already and I have not applied to the UK embassy at all.

If i got you right, i understand that every information that you gave corresponds with the bio-data of your current passport except for the Day, the Month and the Year of birth; so, that makes it impossible for you to apply as a fresh applicant.
   Now, if you are thinking you would "come clean", it is important to bear in mind that Embassy is not a Church that believes in the forgiveness of sins, rather, it is a section under a political system that is set to regulate rules and protocol, to ensure observance of laws and conducts and to serve for justice (no matter how old the offence may be); and therefore, they are not in position to forgive but rather to implement rules.
   There is no way you can "come clean" in this because, according to regulation (even before the 10 years ban came to existence), you would be deemed unworthy of a UK visa.
   But yet, that is not the end of the road, therefore, i'll give you a honest advice. Now, you know your personal circumstances and financial stance; so, if you know that you are a financially struggling someone, then avoid making visa application because, if you do, you will be getting yourself into serious trouble as your past will definitely be visited on your present, and that would mean: either you have tried in the past to obtain a UK visa by means of deception or you are being deceptive in your current application which may then result in your ban.
   Now, my suggestion: do not apply for the UK visa if your economical or financial circumstances are not super impressive, but if they are, then go for Age Declaration Affidavit and then, go and confidently make the visa application. You may be called for interview to explain the discrepancies in your Date Of Births, and that is where you'd have the chance to clear your name explaining how that unscrupulous agent got you into that mess, and the Visa Officer will then see you as that desperate guy who has now transformed into a responsible someone of calibre with class; and if your financial circumstance speaks for you, you would definitely be given a second chance.

You might like to read more of my advice on this subject in the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=127964.msg9063180#msg9063180
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by collinsfbi(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2011
If i got you right, i understand that every information that you gave corresponds with the bio-data of your current passport except for the Day, the Month and the Year of birth; so, that makes it impossible for you to apply as a fresh applicant.
Now, if you are thinking you would "come clean", it is important to bear in mind that Embassy is not a Church that believes in the forgiveness of sins, rather, it is a section under a political system that is set to regulate rules and protocol, to ensure observance of laws and conducts and to serve for justice (no matter how old the offence may be); and therefore, they are not in position to forgive but rather to implement rules.
There is no way you can "come clean" in this because, according to regulation (even before the 10 years ban came to existence), you would be deemed unworthy of a UK visa.
But yet, that is not the end of the road, therefore, i'll give you a honest advice. Now, you know your personal circumstances and financial stance; so, if you know that you are a financially struggling someone, then avoid making visa application because, if you do, you will be getting yourself into serious trouble as your past will definitely be visited on your presence, and that would mean: either you have tried in the past to obtain a UK visa by means of deception or you are being deceptive in your current application which may then result in your ban.
Now, my suggestion: do not apply for the UK visa if your economical or financial circumstances are not super impressive, but if they are, then go for Age Declaration Affidavit and then, go and confidently make the visa application. You would be call for interview to explain the discrepancies in your Date Of Births, and that is where you'd have the chance to clear your name explaining how that unscrupulous agent got you into that mess, and the Visa Officer will then see you as that desperate guy who has now transformed into a responsible someone of calibre with class; and if your financial circumstance speaks for you, you would definitely be given a second chance.

You might like to read more of my advice on this subject in the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=127964.msg9063180#msg9063180

Honestly, this is a serious case which may not likely be taken with leniency in UK Embassy due to the rampant fake docs and identity paraded by most Nigerian applicants these days. To be sincere with the OP, Vicjustice has said it all, because cases like this need legal back up in which Age Declaration Affidavit will serve the purpose but in addition to it, i think you can as well attach a letter with details or reasons for the differences in your DOB, this is because your application can end up in the hands of wicked VO who will not even schedule you for interview but the affidavit attached to a letter can go along way of speaking to the heart of the VO and get convinced. Above all, pray and God will make a way.

Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by ojdollars(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2011
iamcapela:

@Vicjustice,

Per your questions,

@ dalebutt1

@iamcapela , My Brother, I feel your pain and I understand the challenge on ground at the moment. But know this, that the constant thing in life is changes, and what brought about changes, is challenges. Don't run away from trouble, stand it, face it, solve and move greater. Vicjustice and the rest of the users here has said lot's of positive thing, if there is anyone who has not done any sort of dodgy deal before, let them be the first to cast a stone on you. Sure, there is no one who has not sinned in the past. What I will advice you is to apply directly again with your New E-passport. Don't go and look for any lawyer, it would be a waste of fund. Just get all the Requirements for your student visa and a well to do sponsors account, your genuine document and then go on and apply. Wait for the decision after 2weeks or I think 2months now, you will get your Visa one time. You have done wrong before, and God knows. It's only God that has the power to forgive sin and to turn a dirty heart to a new heart. From your post on here, without being a Pastor, I can feel your remorsefulness, and this is all God needs to see in a man to help him, once he confess his sin to him. Get all your document ready, go down your knee's, ask for God's favor. And you are through.

The past has no life, Satan is tormenting you with it, now that you have repented of that sin, apply afresh again. Never remembered you once behaved or applied a certain way that was no right in the sight of God and man. Take care and wish you success.
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by Vicjustice: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2011
ojdollars:

@iamcapela ,  My Brother, I feel your pain and I understand the challenge on ground at the moment. But know this, that the constant thing in life is changes, and what brought about changes, is challenges. Don't run away from trouble, stand it, face it, solve and move greater. Vicjustice and the rest of the users here has said lot's of positive thing, if there is anyone who has not done any sort of dodgy deal before, let them be the first to cast a stone on you. Sure, there is no one who has not sinned in the past. What I will advice you is to apply directly again with your New E-passport. Don't go and look for any lawyer, it would be a waste of fund. Just get all the Requirements for your student visa and a well to do sponsors account, your genuine document and then go on and apply. Wait for the decision after 2weeks or I think 2months now, you will get your Visa one time. You have done wrong before, and God knows. It's only God that has the power to forgive sin and to turn a dirty heart to a new heart. From your post on here, without being a Pastor, I can feel your remorsefulness, and this is all God needs to see in a man to help him, once he confess his sin to him. Get all your document ready, go down your knee's, ask for God's favor. And you are through.

The past has no life, Satan is tormenting you with it, now that you have repented of that sin, apply afresh again. Never remembered you once behaved or applied a certain way that was no right in the sight of God and man. Take care and wish you success.
   Two things: First of all, the Poster might not be as religious as your are attributing, and secondly, even if he is religious, he is apparently not in the faith that your post suggests, he seems a Muslim.
   Now, as much as i respect your opinion, i really don't think this is a spiritual matter; so, i'm wondering why you gave advice on religious ground based on faith in a matter that is civil based on rules and regulations.
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by ojdollars(m): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2011
@Vicjustice , My brother, everything dey for God hand. Nor be by power nor might. Many people with every correct details, are sometimes refused in their application by some embassy. While others with some missing documents are issued sometimes, just like that. So wetin ou wan call that one? na by power? If na Muslim self, make he still pray to God. I just gave him the best advice I can give to him, as I have seen someone one almost the same situation before. OK night, still enjoying Capetown smiley.
Re: Justwise, Vicjustice, Collinsfbi,ojdollars, I Need Your Advise by iamcapela: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2011
@ Everyone that has contributed to this thread, I am very happy for your positive response, God bless you all.

(1) (Reply)

Need For Some Urgent Ideas/opinions On A Romanian Residence Permit Problems. / "America Is not answer to all Your Problems" US Ambssr Tells Kids Denied Visa / Anyone Gone For US Immigrant Visa Interview After The Ban Effective Date Feb 21?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.