Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. (2892 Views)

Tottenham Open Talks To Sign Golden Eaglet Red Hot Striker Osimehn / “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet / Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Keziah(f): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2007
@Lawyer
Na wah for u! Who tell u say our prseido no know say them dey play ball till final? Hehehe mind urselfooo! cheesy

@pheesayor
Haven't u heard that "Almost Dosen't Count"? So just rule out the almost and count the Golds, Silvers and Bronzes that our Baba's Head won chikina!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by rooshie(f): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2007
Ha ha ha. this is very funny indeed. honestly though, i don't think the victory can be attributed to anyone's good luck. those boys went out there and won the gold. its that simple. as was said, it takes training, a good coach, and the right attitude. so lets not give credit where its not due. congrats to the team. wink
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by blackchief(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2007
it just a matter of opinion to me. for what is luck in the ist place , when preparation meet opportunity
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by crazyT(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2007
bigrovar:

If Yaradua's luck is good then is predecessor has got some ill luck the men team lost every final and the junior team only won in Africa Championships
2000 NIG/GHA Nations -Cup Super Eagles lost the finals to Cameroon on home soil cry
2001 Trinidad U17 Eaglet lost to France 3-0 -Ironically we beat them 2-1 in the group stage
2002 didnt qualify for the Knockout stage of the world cup.We left the world cup without winning a match (1st time since we have been qualifying for the world cup)
2003 AllAfricanGames U23 football final in Abuja lost the Final to Cameroon Again 2-0 (the team never coincided a goal/lost a match till the final)
2005 Holland U21 Lost final to Argentina 2-1,Failed to Qualify for the World Cup first time since 1994 cry

So in the 8 years of Obasanjo Nigeria Fooball National Teams lost all the 5 finals and Failed to Qualify for the world cup in the 8 years of his Administration,

infact with the exception of the female team in the AYC we lost all the Finals we played under Obasanjo.

Guess some jinx in life can't be explained undecided

I never believe in luck, but reading all you put down against OBJ I think I'll have to change my doctrine on Luck. So with Yar Adua in power, 2008 Nation’s cup is ours
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by needeeg(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2007
Well, i most say is nice start to president, that's why people will say is his luck, anyway my congrat to all Nigerians!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by A40(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2007
Yaradua ko Yaradua ni did he play any of the games?
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Keziah(f): 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2007
I never believe in luck, but reading all you put down against OBJ I think I'll have to change my doctrine on Luck. So with Yar Adua in power, 2008 Nation’s cup is ours
Keep on dreaming Dreamer.

A-40:

Yaradua ko Yaradua ni did he play any of the games?
He did ooo! U should have seen him kicking at the imaginary ball in his livingroom, is that no enough support
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by trendy(f): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2007
naija and all this our talk sef grin
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Prince22(m): 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2007
Something better to be treated than attributing eaglets' victory to a particular person.

'let there be light,

For small scale business to rise.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by jimsawyer(m): 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2007
It was not Abacha who was in power in 1993 when the Eaglets won, it was Shonekan.Been evil or being disliked by people does not mean you cant have good luck.Isnt it curious that in 8 years of Babangida Nigeria won no global or Nations Cup trophy, but Nigeria won the U17 1 week before Babangida came to power in 1985 and again 1 week after he left power in 1993.
Also in Obasanjo's 8 years it was the same scenario, especially the so so unlucky U21 final where we lost to Argentina despite the fact that we scored the only goal of the match (Argentina scored from 2 penalities.) and the final against Cameroon in LAGOS (read LAGOS) when Ikepba's penalty was wrongly cancelled and now with barely 100 days after leaving power we have won a trophy again.
Aside from that Obasanjo had no real interest in soccer unlike Abacha who talked with every team member personally on the phone before any final match.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by kellorah: 12:07am On Sep 14, 2007
I can't see what he had to do with the football matches.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by chidichris(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2007
football is very important in nigeria so if yar adua will bring luck, then so be it because those who did not bring cup never bring good roads, power supply, security and other basic armenities of life so make we manage the one we get.
one cup to his credit is three months in office while the utah man never bring us anything.
thanks to yar adua
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by A40(m): 3:43am On Sep 15, 2007
No thanks to him please tell us clearly how he contributed to their victory
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Keziah(f): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2007
A-40:

No thanks to him please tell us clearly how he contributed to their victory
Simply by having a good head and goodluck by his beck and call. That's it! cool Is it more simpler than that?

By the way did u see the reception he gave those guys? That's still a good way of encouraging the team and i hope others emulate him in this regards.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by okeyz(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2007
you people are just shouting about yar'dua having good luck and u have all forgotten that his vice president is named goodluck!!! haba !!!
abeg na goodluck na im bring the goodluck jo
shocked yeeee i 4got to add jonathan !!
sorry jonathan goodluck !!! up ijaw !! up MEND!!! down alams!!!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Aceman2: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2007
okeyz:

you people are just shouting about yar'dua having good luck and u have all forgotten that his vice president is named goodluck!!! haba !!!
abeg na goodluck na im bring the goodluck jo
shocked yeeee i 4got to add jonathan !!
sorry jonathan goodluck !!! up ijaw !! up MEND!!! down alams!!!
See ijaw man when dey hail him townman. Na wah for uoooo! wink wink
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by nigboy(m): 9:40am On Oct 27, 2008
If you do your work well, you will win

Wining a Game is not always a luck factor
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
damoche07: Nations Cup 1980- Shagari's luck
World Cup 85- Babangida's luck
Japan 93- Bbangida's luck
Atlanta 96- ABACHA,yes ABACHA's LUCK
Korea 07- Yar Adua

I am scared.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Play Squash In Lagos / Mali Vs Belgium: FIFA U-17 Semi Final (Full TIme) 3 - 1 / Italy Advanced On Penalties As Messi And Argentina Beaten By Colombia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.