Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ... (12834 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Monstrous Mothers Who Killed Their Own Children / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by cantell(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

Ify ,

are you really sure you are a mother?
*rolls eyes*
Re: ... by tpia5: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
the poster [or anyone else] can improvise, if they like. Its really up to them.

wicker cots like these arent as expensive as regular wooden ones for example:

[img]http://www.kidzkaboodle.com/assets/images/Wicker_Bassinet.JPg[/img]

not fancy, but serves the purpose. You just have to make sure the cot meets basic safety standards- no loose spaces and all pillows/mattresses/blankets should fit snugly.

The idea of asking for a cot is strange no doubt in the nigerian setting, but i do know of forums or websites where people list items they're giving out for free to whoever wants them. Used to be a member but the traffic was just too much and taking up all my bandwidth.
Re: ... by tpia5: 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2011
you also have those folding cribs [not sure how much they cost in nigeria] which i remember my mum used for the younger ones:

i dont think the babies stay in them much however- not sure why.

this type, in a simpler design:

Re: ... by armyofone(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2011
i fit go yard sale for you but shipping not funny.

personally for me, i wouldn't want to get certain things from pple for my first new baby. maybe as the baby grows up, yeah. you have to see their stuff in the garage, you go shake head. with cobwebs, mold, mildew all over. i will co sleep with my baby if i don't have small money to get something like baby crib.

Tpia pic is nice, try those.
Re: ... by tpia5: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2011
i wouldn't want to get certain things from pple for my first new baby

not an ideal situation no doubt, but sometimes things are tight.

new is always the best option, i agree.
Re: ... by femmy2010(m): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
What is wrong with asking peeps to help with what they might have and might not be using?
people should help if they can and stop pouring bean on the OP.
All fingers are not equal.
Re: ... by MrsSiena1(f): 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
Hmmmm, hmmmm, hmmmmm I just wonder where all this bile and resentment is coming from? I am not suprised sha at some of our so called mothers who gave their non-consenting two pence or cents. If we come to find out most of us here who said I dont wear second hand neither would my child might have their wardrobe full of them. We cant see your wardrobe so you can come to the internet to say whatever you like. Leave the OP alone if you can help do it if not then forget it. If she bought designer clothes yesterday and today she is asking for help leave her to her conscience you dont have to answer or reply every thread.p

Hyprocrites some people are just too spiteful
Re: ... by ronkebp(f): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
armyofone:

i fit go yard sale for you but shipping not funny.

personally for me, i wouldn't want to get certain things from pple for my first new baby. maybe as the baby grows up, yeah. you have to see their stuff in the garage, you go shake head. with cobwebs, mold, mildew all over. i will co sleep with my baby if i don't have small money to get something like baby crib.

Tpia pic is nice, try those.
My dear, am also like that ooo, i would never take or use any used thing for my child and i do not give used things to people, my neighbour has been begging me for my baby's used clothes and i found  it difficult to give them to her, so i just gathered small cash and bought her son new clothes.
Re: ... by Busybody2(f): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2011
Parisienne

No need to shed any tears over this, like you have read, this happens worldwide, heck your case is even different cos you are doing this for a very very wise and prudent reason.

If i knew then what i know now, God knows i would have saved myself thousands of pounds that i threw down the drain. For starters cots are pointless, so i'd recommend a cotbed which can be converted to a bed later.

My son grew out of his moses basket aged 2 weeks, the cot collapsed aged 5 months, the group 0 car seat did not last 6 weeks, he came out 71cm tall meaning he had to start wearing aged 1 clothing which measures 72cm. Na that time i come realise the true meaning of `core blimey he is a lil bruise, ain't he`. . .

So dearie, dry your tears and save your explanation, and treat `em tongues wagging as water off a duck's back. It is well.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
I have followed dis thread with a heavy heart, everyone is coming from a position we all don't know and may not understand. If someone asks for help if you can help dem if u can't pray for dem, pls don't judge, no mother will not want the best for her child. I just gave out my Sons crib, but I will still look around. Poster where in N
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
Mrs. Siena:

Hmmmm, hmmmm, hmmmmm I just wonder where all this bile and resentment is coming from? I am not suprised sha at some of our so called mothers who gave their non-consenting two pence or cents. If we come to find out most of us here who said I dont wear second hand neither would my child might have their wardrobe full of them. We cant see your wardrobe so you can come to the internet to say whatever you like. Leave the OP alone if you can help do it if not then forget it. If she bought designer clothes yesterday and today she is asking for help leave her to her conscience you dont have to answer or reply every thread.p

Hyprocrites some people are just too spiteful
Tell me, how has this post of yours( since you don't fall into the category of hypocrites) helped the OP?" Some of our so called mothers"? can one imagine a mother,using this line on another mother, just because you don't agree with the
persons opinion? undecided ,please define hypocrite? You call yourself a mother and you are here judging other mothers based on their posts? How smart

Oh, you wan see our wardrobe? Wait u hear? Help the OP if you want to and stop posting Bull crap

Nansense
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
Pls oh! I wasn't bragging bout my husbands proposal oh! Som1 asked for suggestions n I spoke from personal experience.

Jennykadry do u know how long I've been going business? No, I don't think so. Do u know if I'm still in uni? Stop jumping to conclusions pls cos u do not know me!
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
Excuses upon excuses again, no I don't know how long you've been doing business for but one thing  i know is, you have been doing it for sometime now cos your own words were '' I sell weaveon and designer clothes and if I get an opportunity to buy  them, i do'' . So obviously you have been doing it for sometime. And nope I don't know you and don't care to, my posts so far are based on what you have posted.

Which one is uni again bikonu,e jo e ma binu? Sweetheart I don't need that info.

I am done with this thread, I got called a hypocrite by another hypocrite who clearly assumed that I said my entire wardrobe(not my kids) is jam packed with only new clothes, the last time I checked, I only mentioned my kids clothings and not mine, still don't know where that silly assumption came from, some people indeed are smart even @ old age.

All the best.
Re: ... by ada24: 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2011
jenny i can understand ur annoyance but please this woman is pregnant, if not for anything cool down for that - ur quite harsh.

its not easy asking for help especially from our people so for this woman to come on here must have taken a lot - don't make someone feel bad cos of it please. I'm now begging on this woman's behalf.

OP - I really wish there was something I could do to help, I will try and ask a friend in lagos and if i get any feedback I will mail you. Stay strong.
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
parisienne:

Pls oh! I wasn't bragging bout my husbands proposal oh! Som1 asked for suggestions n I spoke from personal experience.

Jennykadry do u know how long I've been going business? No, I don't think so. Do u know if I'm still in uni? Stop jumping to conclusions pls cos u do not know me!

@OP,
Please understand am on your side,but what I am trying to say is people are bound to get pissed off when you state that you spent money doing a marriage propsosal on the screen at the Silverbird Galleria.(I wonder how much that will cost?)
Then you come here to plead for babies cot and clothings.It just looks like you do not have your financial priorities right.
I am sorry to say this but that what it looks like.
Re: ... by Scooby1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
Interesting
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
The proposal was b4 I became pregnant, a lot has happened since then.

If u read the thread carefully u will observe I only asked for a COT! Ppl started mentioning used clothes on their own.
Re: ... by ifyalways(f): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2011
@Jenny you get time for irrelevant talks sha,people that are experts in twisting posts and are white hats in mind reading.

The thread suddenly came to life 'cos of my personal opinion kwa.The fleas all crawled out to feast.

Anyhoo,OP has found favour with God and has gotten help from here but not without learning a thing or two.She is a woman and should know when to improvise and be an expert on money management even with the little she has.

No time to read or reply the garbages.No way.
Re: ... by Smilenw(f): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2011
Some women[i]<sighs>[/i] Pathetic upbringing, I don't see anything else that can bring about so much of brazenness in an individual undecided
Re: ... by yogun(f): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2011
@OP: don't say anymore or try to judge yourself. Further comment will b used against u just watch. Shikena
No one knows tomorrow. If you don't buy d babes story, JUST IGNORE.

May God help us all
Re: ... by Kunbee: 1:39am On Oct 14, 2011
@op goodluck
Re: ... by femmy2010(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2011
@op,
You did no wrong asking for a cot(not money but a cot).
You would get exactly what you asked for but I advice you cease to respond to any other anti-your need post on this thread.
You are the one putting on the shoe and only you know where it pinches.
For me I feel you and am sure it would be best soon.
Re: ... by iaabc(f): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2011
Na wa o. Trust this to denegerate as per Nairaland.

Personally, I see nothing wrong in using used items for your babies, as long as you can get them very clean. I even wonder why there isn't a forum of some kind where people can give or exchange items they are no longer using. So many people stock up so many items their kids no longer use that their houses are overstuffed. Why cant we just give them away? This our Nigeria sha, we have all kinds of unhealthy attitudes. If you are no longer using something, give it to someone who needs them!

I gave out my baby cot (which I made but my baby hardly ever slept in), but OP, if you need other baby stuff, I would be glad to send.
Re: ... by blank(f): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2011
Meen, baby cots can be so ridicuously expensive. But i got good use ot of mine. Just that now it is becoming redundant. My MIL went out and made one for me even though i insisted i did not want one. Cos after wedding, house rent, etc, money go begin yab u small small. You don't need to buy so called baby essentials if u will not need it.
Re: ... by tsmith(f): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
I believe the OP has every right and justification for her actions and decisions.  We all also need to look at things from other ppl's perspectives and not our myopic bubble. All the OP asked for was either a cot or  justification for spending 40k circa on one. Ideas of Cot beds; which the baby can use till 4 years would have been more appropriate than unnecessary sentiments of 'your 1st child' rubbish or worse still ''BB'' this and that or even 'Brazilian weaves'. That was totally uncalled for and distasteful. Lesssons should be learnt from this. It's great to post comments, but greater to seat and observe if we don't have anything new or relevant to add.

I had personally decided i wasn't going to buy a wedding dress, not because i cant afford it but coz i think it's just a waste. I had planned to rent and was lined up to use my cousin's, but unfortunately got pregnant before the actual wedding, so was forced to buy, but made sure i got a real cheap deal at $300. Compared to what W.dresses cost in the UK or what my Friends and family pay on dresses.

My point exactly is,  its my choice and prerogative! To each is own.
Re: ... by ronkebp(f): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2011
Some people here are crucifying Jennykadry and ifyalways, from the beginning of the post, they never insulted the poster for her post. All Ify said was that she could get a carpenter that could build a cot for the child at a cheaper rate and Jenny was saying it is not wise for a new born baby to wear used clothes, especially from people you do not know(and that is only if you can afford new clothes). Everything was blown out of proportion by some people.

@ poster you should not have come online to ask for cot, especially if you are not prepared to read everybody's opinion be it good or bad. you have friends and family that can assist you with items that you need, moreover that is the essence of baby showers, don't know if they do that over there though! but you really do not have to get angry over things that people post.
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
Ok,ok,ok!

Thanks to everyone who responded. The cot issue is settled (or the lack thereof).

God bless everyone who mailed me offering to help! I'm so touched!
Re: ... by TotoSmells(f): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
femmy2010:

@op,
You did no wrong asking for a cot(not money but a cot).
You would get exactly what you asked for but I advice you cease to respond to any other anti-your need post on this thread.
You are the one putting on the shoe and only you know where it pinches.
For me I feel you and am sure it would be best soon.

Good advice this!!!
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
ronkebp:

Some people here are crucifying Jennykadry and ifyalways, from the beginning of the post, they never insulted the poster for her post. All Ify said was that she could get a carpenter that could build a cot for the child at a cheaper rate and Jenny was saying it is not wise for a new born baby to wear used clothes, especially from people you do not know(and that is only if you can afford new clothes). Everything was blown out of proportion by some people.

@ poster you should not have come online to ask for cot, especially if you are not prepared to read everybody's opinion be it good or bad. you have friends and family that can assist you with items that you need, moreover that is the essence of baby showers, don't know if they do that over there though! but you really do not have to get angry over things that people post.

@The Bolded,
Are you sure you read this thread from the begining to the end?
Please go back and read from page one and see who started the insults.
Re: ... by ronkebp(f): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
I actually went to the genesis, (only page one) and Ify did not by any means insult the poster. She just said her mind.
Re: ... by tpia5: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
moreover that is the essence of baby showers, don't know if they do that over there though

no, they dont.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Males Been Raped! / Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back / Building Wealth Together As A Couple - Surehome Marriage Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.