Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC (427 Views)

Man Cries After Receiving APC "Next Level Garri" / Man Wears APC Next Level Cap To Meet Atiku / Confirmed: Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Abdulfatah, To Dump APC Next Week - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC by Ikechukwu09(m): 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
The Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Comr. Philip Shaibu has finalized plans to join the All Progressives Congress (APC), ending the speculations amid the political turmoil between the State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki and his deputy.

A high-ranking member of the APC, who disclosed this to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said Shaibu will be received into the party early next week by the APC National Working Committee (NWC).

The decision by Shaibu to pitch tent with the APC, which was predicted by political analysts, followed his move to the Federal High Court to seek an injunction against an alleged impeachment plot against him.

Governor Obaseki had however said the move by Shaibu to seek a court order to stop his purported impeachment is preemptive ahead of his defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

According to the source, “It has been confirmed. We have on good authority that the Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon Philip Shaibu has concluded plans to join the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“He is to be received along a few of his supporters into the party early next week by the National Working Committee of the party. Shaibu has been in talks with the state and national leadership of the party even before the feud between him and the governor went public and has been negotiating his way back into the party.
“The deputy governor has now perfected his defection to the party and we are glad and ready to receive him into our folds.”

Obaseki had while addressing leaders from Edo North Senatorial District, the senatorial district of the deputy governor said the he was “not aware of any plot or any scheme to impeach the Deputy Governor Comrade Philip Shaibu. I have also checked and there was no such plan.

“So, the Court action taken, for me, is a thing of shock and disappointment. I believe that this action by him is a preemptive move to get a court order, keep his ticket and move to another party. I think it's unfair for our party. We don't need this sort of crisis.

“I am trying to reflect on the move made by somebody that I have given a broad latitude to do his work as deputy governor. So, for him to take this kind of action is shocking.”

https://www.naijametronews.com/shaibu-joins-apc-next-week-to-be-received-by-partys-nwc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC by MS247: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Obaseki no nice

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikechukwu09:

The Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Comr. Philip Shaibu has finalized plans to join the All Progressives Congress (APC), ending the speculations amid the political turmoil between the State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki and his deputy.

A high-ranking member of the APC, who disclosed this to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said Shaibu will be received into the party early next week by the APC National Working Committee (NWC).

The decision by Shaibu to pitch tent with the APC, which was predicted by political analysts, followed his move to the Federal High Court to seek an injunction against an alleged impeachment plot against him.

Governor Obaseki had however said the move by Shaibu to seek a court order to stop his purported impeachment is preemptive ahead of his defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

According to the source, “It has been confirmed. We have on good authority that the Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon Philip Shaibu has concluded plans to join the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“He is to be received along a few of his supporters into the party early next week by the National Working Committee of the party. Shaibu has been in talks with the state and national leadership of the party even before the feud between him and the governor went public and has been negotiating his way back into the party.
“The deputy governor has now perfected his defection to the party and we are glad and ready to receive him into our folds.”

Obaseki had while addressing leaders from Edo North Senatorial District, the senatorial district of the deputy governor said the he was “not aware of any plot or any scheme to impeach the Deputy Governor Comrade Philip Shaibu. I have also checked and there was no such plan.

“So, the Court action taken, for me, is a thing of shock and disappointment. I believe that this action by him is a preemptive move to get a court order, keep his ticket and move to another party. I think it's unfair for our party. We don't need this sort of crisis.

“I am trying to reflect on the move made by somebody that I have given a broad latitude to do his work as deputy governor. So, for him to take this kind of action is shocking.”

https://www.naijametronews.com/shaibu-joins-apc-next-week-to-be-received-by-partys-nwc

Same shit, different toilet with no meaningful impact on the masses.
Re: Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC by Obiedun(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2023
Jumping from party to party like peter obi
Re: Shaibu Joins APC Next Week, To Be Received By Party’s NWC by sholatech(m): 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
He should have known Philips Better. This was highly predictable. Whether Oshomhole is going to give Philip the APC Gubernatorial ticket is another ball game.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Bad Governance Recipe For Anarchy, Peter Obi Warns / My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov / The Obidient Movement And All Those Behind It Should Be Declared A Terrorist Org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.