Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN (20757 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: We Can No Longer Sell At N165/litre – IPMAN / Subsidy May Jump By 100% As FG’s Benchmark Oil Price Doubles / PMS Scarcity: Fuel Price Hits ₦750 Per Litre In Kastina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
SIONKPO1:
1 Dollar - N920
Fuel - N615/Litre
Crate of Egg - N3,500
A bag of cement - N5,200
A bag of pure water - N350
A bag of rice - N45,000

Transportation tripled.
Accommodation doubled.
No significant change in salaries, except for some bankers.

People have been managing to survive - taking loan from loan shark to sort the ones they took from another.

The survival threshold will soon break and when this happens the poor will have nothing left to eat but the rich.
Nigerians were warned about APC but allowed Ethnicity and Religion to blindfold their decision.
SHEGE-PRO MAX PLUS

You should have at least given credit to the person who owns this post originally on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Typing: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2023
Crystalom37:
not new here sir. Nairaland keeps banning me because of the repeated advert.

Ok. I'll chat u via ur WhatsApp.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2023
compu:

You have said it all.

Let who have ears, let him hear

That's the pure facts. But he should have given credit to the owner of the post on Twitter. He copied it from Twitter

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Peppysco: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
MEEVEET:
U mean for igbos? Abi ?

Quit being a hypocrit and a cry baby, Nigeria's economic collapse didn't start today, you only decided not to talk, 2 administrations ago.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by wirinet(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2023
Peppysco:

Quit being a hypocrit and a cry baby, Nigeria's economic collapse didn't start today, you only decided not to talk, 2 administrations ago.
Yes agreed that economic collapse did not start today, but must the collapse be completed under Tinubu? One thing I respect Buhari for was his refusal to float the Naira and remove subsidy during the oil crash of 2015. The IMF, World Bank and international financial organisations and some so called Nigerian financial expert imposed tremendous pressure on Buhari to float the Naira and remove fuel subsidy. He refused because he was aware that it was a trap, a trap IMF and world Bank has been setting for us since the days of IBB.

Now, Tinubu fell for the trap, and we are facing run away inflation, which will completely destroy the economy.

We are watching (popcorn and coke in hand) to see how Tinubu will free us from this trap.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MEEVEET: 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
Peppysco:

But it's never been this bad
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Peppysco: 1:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
MEEVEET:

But it's never been this bad

Okonjo Iweala, the then finance minister and Emir Sanusi, former C.B.N governor,amongst many other people predicted years of economic hardship for Nigeria when they were both in government. The economic decline didn't start today, rather, we have someone who's ready to block the leakages. Won't blame you if you don't understand, but Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by kabillionaire(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
SIONKPO1:
1 Dollar - N920
Fuel - N615/Litre
Crate of Egg - N3,500
A bag of cement - N5,200
A bag of pure water - N350
A bag of rice - N45,000

Transportation tripled.
Accommodation doubled.
No significant change in salaries, except for some bankers.

People have been managing to survive - taking loan from loan shark to sort the ones they took from another.

The survival threshold will soon break and when this happens the poor will have nothing left to eat but the rich.
Nigerians were warned about APC but allowed Ethnicity and Religion to blindfold their decision.
SHEGE-PRO MAX PLUS
Nigerians don't ever listen to reason.
The leaders are selling us out, the followers are timidly playing to the gallery.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Dexy4yah(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
leokid866:
Oga who ask you to stay....if you don't want to be oppressed go to Niger, or Mali, Guinea or Russia, you have options here......🤣🤣
Carry on o dickhead...las las na you go cry

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by aydgov: 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
#2,250 will make the best sense and that will be subsidy final funeral.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Ogsirsolo: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
If he want to jump let it jump pls let us breath..tinubu no be our problem
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Erukulele(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2023
Tinubu led the protest in 2012 when President Jonathan wanted to quit subsidy saying palliatives must be made available for citizens before removal fast forwarded to 11years after same Tinubu removed subsidy on his first day as president without palliatives or even proper plan going forward. Honestly I am optimistic but I doubt this nation can go far under these pretenders.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by wildikeman(m): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
izonborn098:
U need brain surgery''

Ogbeni shut up jare...ronu o
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by izonborn098(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
Get lost' dog
wildikeman:

Ogbeni shut up jare...ronu o
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MEEVEET: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
Peppysco:

Okonjo Iweala, the then finance minister and Emir Sanusi, former C.B.N governor,amongst many other people predicted years of economic hardship for Nigeria when they were both in government. The economic decline didn't start today, rather, we have someone who's ready to block the leakages. Won't blame you if you don't understand, but Nigeria will be great again.
They predicted that if we elected APC there is no how PDP would be in power and loses 80% value in 8 years impossible

Economy is handled by the best brain... It's not reward for a region that voted for you or not that's APC biggest mistake

Minister of finance, CBN, petroleum( to a large extend) trade and investment are deserved for the best brains

Look at those that served in those position under APC u know why we are here

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by joba4luv: 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
izonborn098:
Just matter of time'' everything will set'
No amount of fuel or what can spoil jagaban govt' he said na him turn so everybody should be patient.

Listen to Tinubu slaves

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Peppysco: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
MEEVEET:

They predicted that if we elected APC there is no how PDP would be in power and loses 80% value in 8 years impossible

Economy is handled by the best brain... It's not reward for a region that voted for you or not that's APC biggest mistake

Minister of finance, CBN, petroleum( to a large extend) trade and investment are deserved for the best brains

Look at those that served in those position under APC u know why we are here

I'll advise you to read about Iweala's economic warnings, especially. None of them mentioned any party specifically, but only spoke generally about how bad the country's economic fortunes would be, going by the extent of corruption and above the ceiling debt servicing of the country.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MEEVEET: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
Peppysco:

I'll advise you to read about Iweala's economic warnings, especially. None of them mentioned any party specifically, but only spoke generally about how bad the country's economic fortunes would be, going by the extent of corruption and above the ceiling debt servicing of the country.
when PDP was in power a 50% lose in value of the naira is a disaster you know that
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by SenatePresdo(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2023
leokid866:
there's no beating about the bush, and as an adult you know there's no exact timeline to these type of things as there are too many variables involved with some major ones out of our country's control.....but the government is doing their best to resolve the matter.....so you either wait and have faith or whine and leave.......like I said you got options explore them.

You are saying another thing, I'm not saying the Government won't bounce back.

The premises of my question is; what are we to expect exactly?
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by GetMeRight: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
MEEVEET:
U mean for igbos? Abi ?

Would Igbo president have done better?
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by GetMeRight: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
Dreal1247:
It's quite obvious that the price of petrol per litre is to hit a thousand Naira. Everyone needs to braceup.
We're getting there steadily. Someday, the masses will eventually push back.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by okoroemeka(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
post=125031847:
Thank God, I don Buy 40 Litres Of Fuel Yesterday

Don Over Come, This Fuel Stuff And The Increase Wahala
are you driving scooter like me that you are rejoicing for buying 40ltrs,it will finish very soon in your car,I don't want heart attack I am using scooter now,40ltrs will go 2000km in my scooter at 50km per ltr, government supposed to lift ban of this Small bikes to be used in urban centres so the poor can breathe.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Peppysco: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
MEEVEET:
when PDP was in power a 50% lose in value of the naira is a disaster you know that

You still don't understand, bad economic policies and mismanagement of an administration (4yrs) may cause more than two decades of inflation, unemployment, poor investments... The Nigerian economy is yet to recover from the impact of the Structural Adjustment Programm (S.A.P) of Babangida's regime. Matter of fact, that regime set the country's high debt profile in motion, not to mention it's systematic devaluation of the Naira. Baba, Nigeria problems nor be today matter, all past Nigerian leaders should be held accountable.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MEEVEET: 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
Peppysco:

You still don't understand, bad economic policies and mismanagement of an administration (4yrs) may cause more than two decades of inflation, unemployment, poor investments... The Nigerian economy is yet to recover from the impact of the Structural Adjustment Programm (S.A.P) of Babangida's regime. Matter of fact, that regime set the country's high debt profile in motion, not to mention it's systematic devaluation of the Naira. Baba, Nigeria problems nor be today matter, all past Nigerian leaders should be held accountable.
There absolutely nothing that PDP did that would have caused what we have now

The combination of having a mere MBA holder as Minster of finance and CBN governor with zero knowledge and history of macro economics is the reason we are here

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by MEEVEET: 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
GetMeRight:

Would Igbo president have done better?
Peter obi would have done better
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by Peppysco: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
MEEVEET:

There absolutely nothing that PDP did that would have caused what we have now

The combination of having a mere MBA holder as Minster of finance and CBN governor with zero knowledge and history of macro economics is the reason we are here

You're obviously a politician, a P.D.P one at that. Just so you know, your party set the downward spiral of the Nigerian economy in motion, only for APC to crash it further.
Your PDP under Obasanjo wasted over $8billion on Ajaokuta, almost $16billion on NEPA, Lagos/Ibadan express way nko, abi na the refineries he spent millions of dollars on without no results,and many more to mention. Shey make we begin dey talk about the many state assets he sold cheaply to his cronies? You really think all those lootings and mismanagemnts of the yesteryears won't come back to hunt us now? No na. Do you even know that the corruption in the Senate and HR was started majorly by a PDP president, Obasanjo to be precise? Bribing lawmakers with Ghana must go bags full of $ is still fresh in my memory. All of these anomalies will definitely come back to bite and that's what we're facing right now.
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by NaijaCover(m): 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2023
okoroemeka:
are you driving scooter like me that you are rejoicing for buying 40ltrs,it will finish very soon in your car,I don't want heart attack I am using scooter now,40ltrs will go 2000km in my scooter at 50km per ltr, government supposed to lift ban of this Small bikes to be used in urban centres so the poor can breathe.

Toyota Corolla Car, it has 50 Litres Of Fuel Tank

It doesn't eat much fuel
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by leokid866: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

You are saying another thing, I'm not saying the Government won't bounce back.

The premises of my question is; what are we to expect exactly?
A better Nigeria.....reduction in fuel and dollar prices, better infrastructure, a stronger and well respected passport 👍🏾.....
Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by leokid866: 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2023
Dexy4yah:

Carry on o dickhead...las las na you go cry
seems like you're the one crying 😢

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by leokid866: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
Aurelius1:
You make me laugh.😂😂😂 Did I mention Obi ? Last time I checked we had more than 10 Presidential aspirants.
come 2027 Obi will still come third 😁

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by leokid866: 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
Augla1:

But why can't you just breath without mentioning Obi , seems your life centers around him,
Na because of the 30k wey no fit fuel my car for your present Nigeria
come 2027 obi will still come third......😁

Re: Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN by leokid866: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
Augla1:

With this kind of choices you make , you think your children will have everything going for them ?
Guy , your delusion is outta this world , you need help urgently
Worry about yours let's worry about ours....did we not tell your fathers the consequences of their actions, now today you lot are here screaming referendum today, Biafra or death tomorrow, igbo president next tomorrow and military government the day after, jumping from one sad story to the next like chicken wey no get head......🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Celebrates His 75th Birthday In Aso Rock (Photos) / Edo Drivers Association Endorses Obaseki (Photos, Video) / Peter Obi, Deyemi Okanlawon And AY On Aylive (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.