Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu (6533 Views)

Zulum Approves Implementation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage To Teachers In Borno / ISWAP Attacks Nigerian Army University, Biu. Kills Two Employees (Video) / Army Recruitment: Zulum Approves ₦12.8 Million For 641 Borno Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Hunter2009: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2023
Zulum approves N50m, staff houses, students hostels for Army University, Biu As He Commends Buratai

… To sponsor indigent students 
… Borno now reference on education, VC tells Gov

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved the allocation of N50 million alongside the construction of staff houses and students’ hostels at the Nigerian Army University, Biu (NAUB), which is owned by the Federal Government.

The governor announced the interventions on Friday when the Army University’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Kyari Mohammed, led a management delegation to a courtesy call on the governor at the Government House in Maiduguri. 

“… Borno State Government will release N50m to the University”, Zulum announced. 

“Insha Allah, we will provide accommodation for staff as well as hostels for students' use at the university. On this note, I want to direct the Commissioner for Works and Housing to come up with an architectural design for the project”, Zulum said. 

Before Friday’s intervention, Governor Zulum had extended series of support to the University of Maiduguri, the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), Federal Polytechnic, Monguno, Federal College of Education, Gwoza, and a host of other Federal Government institutions either being set up or existing in Borno State.

… To sponsor indigent students

Governor Zulum during the courtesy visit directed Borno State’s Ministry of Education to prepare a list of deserving students that will be awarded scholarship to pursue for higher education at the Nigerian Army University, Biu.

The governor directed that beneficiaries be drawn from the the three senatorial zones: Northern, Central and Southern senatorial districts of the state.

Zulum also directed all state-owned tertiary institutions to re-introduce convocation ceremonies which were suspended due to the activities of Boko Haram insurgents. 

He noted that such ceremonies should be used to identify performing students and award scholarships for further studies.

The governor commended former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Buratai (rtd), for facilitating the establishment of the Army University in Borno.

… Borno now reference on education, VC tells Governor

Speaking earlier, Vice Chancellor of the Nigerian Army University, Biu, Prof. Kyari Mohammed, commended the remarkable progress made by Borno in the field of educational development, during the last four years of Zulum's administration. 

He noted that the state, once plagued by insurgency, has transformed into a reference point for other regions in Nigeria which seek to enhance their educational systems.

“As a university, we are particularly encouraged by the monumental achievements recorded in the education sector, from the primary to the tertiary level. In terms of teacher quality development, recruitment, training and re-training and the high-quality infrastructural development for which Borno is now a reference point around the country”, Prof. Kyari said.

He thanked Governor Zulum for supporting the Army University and other tertiary institutions across the state.
https://leadership.ng/zulum-approves-n50m-staff-houses-hostels-for-army-varsity-in-borno/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by youngsahito(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2023
My best governor so far that cares about his people. Others can die in hell cos I give no shit most especially Eleyi of Ogun state.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by AZUH: 6:41am On Aug 12, 2023
Apc and pdp has finished this country
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by ecolime(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2023
youngsahito:
My best governor so far that cares about his people. Others can die in hell cos I give no shit most especially Eleyi of Ogun state.
Borno state that was almost a desolated scrap-yard got rejigged because of his Competence and capacity.

Zulum na performer just like former Governors Wike & Umahi. Unfortunately, Wike soiled his hands because of Politics and people seem to have forgotten all his good deeds.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by falcon01: 6:44am On Aug 12, 2023
Active man
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by falcon01: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2023
ecolime:

Zulum na performer
How?
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by YourNextLevel(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2023
50m ? With all the monies allocated to that state even with funds sent to that zone internationally ?

Please if you don't know about the dollars sent there, don't even quote me.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by superjaks(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2023
Good one sir
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Wainey: 6:46am On Aug 12, 2023
Good one zulum, a good man
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by MrsTwrite(f): 6:48am On Aug 12, 2023
Wow! He's a cheerful giver! 🥰

Happy weekend y'all! Do well to check my signature!
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Proudpolygamist: 6:52am On Aug 12, 2023
What do we need Army University for when we already have a Defense Academy? We are indeed a wasteful Nation

5 Likes

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by RoyalRumble1(m): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2023
So they want to recruit and raise more soldiers to face Boko Haram rather than also facing their educational system and university.

I heard the Northerners are haters of Education 🤔. Just asking?
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by alimiadedayo1: 7:22am On Aug 12, 2023
ecolime:

Borno state that was almost a desolated scrapyard got rejigged because of his Competence and capacity.

Zulum na performer just like former Governors Wike & Umahi. Unfortunately, Wike soiled his hands because of Politics and no one seem to have forgotten all his good deeds.

wike performance is nothing special my brother, amechi performed better than him in terms of infrastructure.. Ask people in river states to score his performance metric in Education and other key sectors asides infrastructure like building of bridges and roads he failed and what you don't is that most governors love to build roads and infrastructure to enrich themselves by escalating the cost of the projects they did it not for the sake of common men

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by TOMMYS: 7:35am On Aug 12, 2023
YourNextLevel:
50m ? With all the monies allocated to that state even with funds sent to that zone internationally ?

Baba give us update
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Bayonet40: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2023
Proudpolygamist:
What do we need Army University for when we already have a Defense Academy? We are indeed a wasteful Nation
your ignorance sha. Shameful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 12, 2023
Proudpolygamist:
Just shut up if you don't understand the deep of it, this are two entirely different entities with different Vision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by ecolime(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

wike performance is nothing special my brother, amechi performed better than him in terms of infrastructure.. Ask people in river states to score his performance metric in Education and other key sectors asides infrastructure like building of bridges and roads he failed and what you don't is that most governors love to build roads and infrastructure to enrich themselves by escalating the cost of the projects they did it not for the sake of common men
Well, I live in Rivers state.

Whether the bridges and flyovers he built were to embezzle is not material here at all because it has made life much easier.

You need to see how PH terrible traffic were before he built them. It was just mad and chaotic like Lagos if not worse. An Lagos even get Lastma everywhere ooo

Mr Flyover do better on that one abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Cmanforall: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2023
All these military institutions should spread across the country. The major ones must not be in north
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Princelumide: 7:52am On Aug 12, 2023
The best of the best in Nigeria is in the northern part of Nigeria!!! Take it or leave it.
cool grin cool grin

We move!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Proudpolygamist: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2023
Lukepeter:
I
Just shut up if you don't understand the deep of it, this are two entirely different entities with different Vision.

I dont expect anything less from a foolish Ebola supporter with Persecution complex syndrome and without rational thinking. We have a Nigerian defense Academy that Carter's for the Three arms of the military and at this point where our economy is nosediving we cant afford to be establishing and maintaining Airforce university's, army universitys and Navy Universitys especially since most of soldiers get to undertake additional trainings abroad.
Would the establishment of such universities prevent the military from sending its personnel's abroad to undertake professional courses at the expense of the taxes and resources of the Nigerian people?

Being a Bola tinubu supporter doesn't make one MAD, does it?

And why are all the military institutions congregated in the North?

3 Likes

Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by MorataFC: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2023
Ok
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by AbuAeesha: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2023
YourNextLevel:

You that know it should have stated it,if indeed you are sure!
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by AbuAeesha: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2023
RoyalRumble1:
So they want to recruit and raise more soldiers to face Boko Haram rather than also facing their educational system and university.

I heard the Northerners are haters of Education 🤔. Just asking?

Why not go up there (BORNO) to get a first hand answer to your question
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Excallibur(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2023
YourNextLevel:

and then check the amount they use to buy furnitures in house of assembly, may God have mercy
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by Atheistan: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2023
Ok nah
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by marlow1962(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2023
See as Nigerian government they use their citizens play ping pong
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by aklid(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2023
My school I seee!!
But If the funds are to be handed to the VC he ain’t doing shit😂
This guy and Money gobbling plus stinginess of money that ain’t his are 5&6…
The worst VC ever anyone from that school will tell you this.., the only Good thing from him is the calendar of the institute…
Re: Zulum Approves ₦‎50m, Staff Houses, Students Hostels For Army University, Biu by NorthernStride: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2023
Proudpolygamist:

I dont expect anything less from a foolish Ebola supporter with Persecution complex syndrome and without rational thinking. We have a Nigerian defense Academy that Carter's for the Three arms of the military and at this point where our economy is nosediving we cant afford to be establishing and maintaining Airforce university's, army universitys and Navy Universitys especially since most of soldiers get to undertake additional trainings abroad.
Would the establishment of such universities prevent the military from sending its personnel's abroad to undertake professional courses at the expense of the taxes and resources of the Nigerian people?

Being a Bola tinubu supporter doesn't make one MAD, does it?

And why are all the military institutions congregated in the North?

The Academy and University are totally different
Do more research please

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modified / Barcanista, Obiageli, Omenka And Donphilopus Challenge PDP Warriors For Debate / Why Is Buhari Absent From The Debate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.