Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? (37880 Views)

Using Rubber Thread On Your Hair Is Demonic, May Lead You To Hell / Churches That Can Lead You To Hell Fire / Can God Lead You To Someone You Don't Love In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 13, 2011
Only if you are an olodo.

Olodo rabata. If you like go and marry someone you don't love in the name of religion.

These are the types that after five years you'll hear that they shot their husband or wife.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by tpia5: 1:23am On Oct 13, 2011
He asked "Can God Lead one to marry someone he/she doesn't love?"

yes.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 13, 2011
No.

Someone who trusts and believes in God will seek a partner through God.
I believe there is someone for everyone and when the right person comes you will know
because God will provide the necessary signs. I don't believe God would put you with someone you
are not in love with or uncomfortable being with. That in my opinion is illogical.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Ladytemi(f): 2:32am On Oct 13, 2011
No, God would not put one in a loveless marriage.

MsDarkSkin:

No.

Someone who trusts and believes in God will seek a partner through God.
I believe there is someone for everyone and when the right person comes you will know
because God will provide the necessary signs. I don't believe God would put you with someone you
are not in love with or uncomfortable being with. That in my opinion is illogical.

God's time is always the best, but as human beings we may jump into the wrong situations because we think God is taking too long to answer our prayers.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2011
I will say you don't love the person because because you have not seen the reason to love him/her. But if God lead to you to someone you are not in love with he will definitely give you reason to love him/her.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Abali1(m): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2011
Am amazed at how gullible we xtians can be, someone comes to me and say God told him/her that so and so is my husband and wife. or that if I marry the one I love i will not enjoy such marriage. I ask, why did God then give me a free will to act and choose how I want my life to be.
Moreover most times the same pple telling you who to marry and who not to marry have enjoyed their own life with their partners.
I make bold to say, be it Rev Father, pastor, daddy, mummy or sibblings; you and you alone is responsible for your own happiness. Because you will be the one to wear the SHOE OF YOUR LIFE.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by PastorKun(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2011
The writings in 'Open heavens' is mostly the opinion of the writer/writers and cannot be said to be the word of God. Truth be told a lot of these popular devotionals are only fit for the thrash can.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 13, 2011
debosky reads Open Heavens.
shocked
The world is really strange. . .
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by rareman(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2011
and is it not hypocrisy for one to say he love God and do not love the other, (romans 8:28) all things work together for good to THEM THAT LOVE GOD, God is not a man like me & u, He always know the end from the beginning, at the same time He has given the freewill to make our choice its left for us to follow His instruction or apply sense to it
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Enigma(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2011
@ debosky

I don't know if this has been mentioned but please read the book of Hosea! wink

cool
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2011
LOL at StarBoard, hahahahahaha! Funny comment.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2011
After thinking about this: I think this comment @ OP applies more to women. Women are more likely to marry a second hand man than a man will marry a second hand woman. Meaning, ure more likely to hear from a woman: "he might be fat but ill manage him, he might be broke and jobless ill manage him, he has a side chick but ill manage him, In their delusions, God is leading them because the clock is ticking and they're approaching 35.

Men on the other hand are very visual beings. If the dck doesn't rise, forget about them marrying you, God doesn't lead men to marry women they don't love. Only a foolish man will do this, but a woman must manage who and what she has ---- hence God may advise her to manage whom she doesn't love since time is not on her side.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 9:52am On Oct 13, 2011
Enigma:

@ debosky

I don't know if this has been mentioned but please read the book of Hosea!  wink

cool

I purposely left that out to see if anyone would bring that up. wink

I am familiar with the book of Hosea, but his case was a very specific one to illustrate the harlotry of Israel and the nation's unfaithfulness in the face of God's unfailing love.

I do get your point though - God can lead you to marry someone you don't love, but in Hosea's case it was as a prophetic example of Israel's sin.

My question to you would be whether you think Hosea's case can be used as a valid case for 'everyday' marriages (i.e. those without a specific prophetic purpose like Hosea's).
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Enigma(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2011
debosky:

I purposely left that out to see if anyone would bring that up. wink

I am familiar with the book of Hosea, but his case was a very specific one to illustrate the harlotry of Israel and the nation's unfaithfulness in the face of God's unfailing love.

I do get your point though - God can lead you to marry someone you don't love, but in Hosea's case it was as a prophetic example of Israel's sin.

My question to you would be whether you think Hosea's case can be used as a valid case for 'everyday' marriages (i.e. those without a specific prophetic purpose like Hosea's).

Cool, I agree with you by and large on the interpretation of Hosea.

On the general topic title, I personally would say 'never say never'. smiley
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2011
Good response - I think it's more to do with having a relationship with God that transcends our 'needs' (i want to marry, i want a job, etc). If we do that, we are more likely to hear correctly.

Side note - can you please show me where your signature statement was made? grin
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Enigma(m): 10:45am On Oct 13, 2011
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2011
First get a personal relationship with God, then you will understand how to bend to his will, even if you feel you wont like it.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by somegirl1: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2011
I'm not one of those who believes there is one person for everyone one; so I believe that out of the many people God can lead to marry, based on what is good for you, there may be some you won't love or even like.
That's where free will comes in. You can decide, "not this one" and you'll be led to another right person whom you would love.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by juman(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
People should marry those they love nah.

But it's important to seek guidance from God.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by ibx1976: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2011
The ultimate decision to marry anyone lies with YOU!
God has given you a brain, feelings and intellect. Use it!
Dont allow your feelings to lead you into a ruinous relationship.
Do not mistake infatuation and lust to be the voice of God!
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by zataxs: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
People marry for love, for money, for sex, for peace, for partnerships, for merging kingdoms, because others are marrying, rebellion etc,
Go ahead and marry for Yahweh.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by sophy09: 3:29pm On May 14, 2012
God will never force you to marry someone you do not love. He has given us free-will that is why we can never choose our parents but you have choice when it comes to marriage. There are times God may lead you to someone to marry and the reason is for a bigger picture just like in the case of Jacob and Leah. According to the bible, Leah was not as good looking as her sister Rachel. Jacob was in love with Rachel but with deception from the girls' father, Leah was married off to Jacob to fulfill God's purpose.
Most times as well we fail to understand the true meaning of love. God is love and we are to love everyone. God leading you to someone you do not love to marry at times may depend on you knowing the person. You come to realize that the person God led you to actually have some qualities you love in person. God never makes mistake. It is man who does.
The best thing when it comes to married is to pray and be patient.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Ngwakwe: 4:55pm On May 14, 2012
Before answering this question, can the Op define what he/she mean by love.
Please do you know that falling in love is unending incident in human's life. What can you say when most christians of nowadays love their Pastors than their partners.

You can extremely love somebody today just to hate the same person in the future.

What "aspect of love" is required in a relationship and when do you realise that you have it for somebody. There are more questions to be clarified before I can comfortably give you a constructive answer based on what the questioner has in mind.

I don't believe that absolute love exist today but some how we manifest some aspects of love based on situation and who we are.

For me am okay with even 70% of honesty, responsibility, accountability, compassion, balance and openness in a relationship
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Yornandrew: 1:16pm On May 15, 2012
Yes, if the person is God fearing
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Prescious2: 1:10am On May 29, 2012
Well I totally disagree with anybody in here thinking that God would force you to marry someone you don't love. Bump the love I disagree that God would force you to marry someone you don't get along with. Where you two are constantly arguing over the years but we're just friends. I don't agree that God would force you to marry someone with different beliefs and different views. I don't agree that God would force you to marry someone who believes in having more than one wife when you want to be the ONLY wife in your husbands life. And then he uses the spirit and says the spirit knows all things as if he's trying to say that God wants us together on several occasions he's made this incinuation and I have to say to him well then what are you trying to say because like I told you before I don't like you in that way and I never will. And this person got me pulling my hairs over here because this person is a Prophet of God and 95% of the things he says comes to past BUT I don't believe God would force me to be with someone like that. That's why I said bump the love because I can learn to love someone IF me and that person got along and never argued so much on almost every phone call or meeting which isn't much, then I can understand your concept of God forcing you to be with someone. But even the word Force I can't seem to wrap my finger around. The fact that God would force us to do anything is mind boggling to me when he clearly gives us free will. But in any case if he did, why would God force you to be with someone you are constantly arguing with and don't get along for too long without an argument? This guy always thinks he's right and never wrong I mean I can go on and on, But is this what you holy rollers are telling me that God would force me to be with? Just because he's a prophet? Really?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by tpia5: 2:13am On May 29, 2012
^why dont you calm down, geez.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
debosky:

Quite interesting I thought - does God actually lead people to marry those they don't love? Is love only needed at certain times? Is this really a biblical comment?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

The question should be: Does God choose ur partner for you?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by webbjamie(m): 5:31am On May 02, 2013
thehomer: I wonder if these Christians have heard about Hosea? Simply turn to the eponymous book in the Bible and read the first three verses of the first chapter. God won't lead you to it, he will command you to do it.

Hosea was a PROPHET,he was commanded so for a specific reason...the names of his children were specifically picked by GOD himself.Your analogy is totally useless.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Henlus(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
God does not choose a wife for Moses, Abraham, Isaac and all those influential men in the bible, why will God come and choose a wife for you? God can only guide us in making a decision. He told us that we should NOT marry outside the household of God, meaning that we should marry anyone within the household of God.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by deebrain(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
NO...
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by bamboke(f): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
Most men go into marriage without actually loving their wives and it shows no matter how hard they try to hide the fact.

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by enfuse(m): 4:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Love alone will not keep a marriage because the quality of 'human love' is pathetic and cannot alone guarantee a life time of happy marriage. It's temporary, it comes and goes, it's hinged on one thing or the other because it is frail, it should not be trusted.
I believe marriage should not be predicated on 'love' alone but on other virtues as compatibility, potential to work together etc. The love will always come especially when you have shared accomplishments and a mix of other virtues from your spouse. So God can lead you to somebody you don't 'love' today but will 'love' tomorrow till death do you part.
If you are married, you'd know how little 'love' alone does in keeping a marriage for long.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

T.b Josuah(the Rise Of A Nigerian Anti Christ ) / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work / Keyamo Plotting To Clone My Voice, Kill Stephanie Otobo – Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.