Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,751 members, 7,851,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? (37232 Views)

If You Battle With Vaginal Dryness, Low Sperm Count, Erectile Issues,get In Here / 7 Reasons You Battle With Bad Breath And 7 Natural Remedies To Fight Mouth Odor / Traditional Doctors Forcing A Child Out Of A Woman 'Pregnant For 7 Years' (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Niyijac: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2023
I can relate with this story. Barbers will now be looking at someone with one eye.

tolexy007:
Only dandruff. that thing show me pepper .

anytime I go to baber shop, come and see white dust everywhere, Many parents will not allow Thier children to use the same clipper dey use for me to barb Thier kids here, especially wen the electric clipper just come den. Any time I finish barb my head will b like dey put pour White flour on my head, I always come with Hair cream and water to wash the head immediately at the barber house and rub the hair cream on it, to make the dust go away for some minute.

my mum buy diff thing to conquer this dandruff, omo e no go oo. even use some antifungal cream, it will go and come bk.

not until one day, I read one book on Medicinal herb, the author now mention, how to use Ur own Urine to cure dandruff, naso I try it for just 3days. and that was the end f Dandruff on my head till today..

3 Likes

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Steve0979(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2023
Lakpa lakpa

2 Likes

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by alhajiabdulbuha: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2023
Shitting on Allen Avenue while I was growing up in Lagos.Tinubu is an unrepentant druglord. He intends to exonerate himself from US drug convictions by slaughtering Nigerians living in Niger and Nigerian army going to fight Russian lead Niger army all in the name of ECOWAS bullshit. Nigerians the suffer has not started, wait until Tinubu buy military supplies with your already weakened economy. Die Tinubu does not give a shit.
Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Asine: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2023
Mine was chicken pox
Pimples, just one on two appeared then on my face during my period and disappears immediately after my period

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2023
Carcholce:
You did not add bed wetting grin

I battled this till I was 16 sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
I also sucked my fingers till.....

2 Likes

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by pongwa(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:
PLEASE, Nobody should come here to Form Posh o. 😒😄

*Pimples
*Eczema
*Ringworm on the body
*Ringworm on the Head (LakpaLakpa). cheesy cheesy
*Heat Rashes
*Buttock Rashes (called Sweety those days). cheesy
*Chicken Pox
*Scurvy (Called Mbeke those Days in Warri).😄

WHICH OF THESE AFFECTED YOU AS A CHILD?

MINE IS:
*Pimples (Show me Shege for Years)
*Sweety (All the Kids in my Area had it)
*Chicken pox.

STATE YOURS. cheesy smiley

eczema and bed wetting

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by CJStarz: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2023
God bless our mothers in Jesus Name.

Ikennaford:
Ringworm on the head finished me,, that thing do me ehh, pus go dey come outside... The funny thing there is mom is a qualified nurse working in fmc owerri, she spent alota money on my scalp still, it keeps getting worse... Thanks to doctor Spencer that gave hope that I have a sensitive skin, he told us then that I'll outgrow it, and so it happened, before I hit 10 about to enter jss 1,,,the thing vanished... Now I'm flaunting my dread hahaha

2 Likes

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Latakia(f): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2023
You didn't put kwashiorkor and ricket
na southeast get that sickness.

Polio, na North get that one.

Craw craw, na southwest sickness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by fergieboy: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2023
Lakpa Lapka

Ringworm

Pimples

Kro kro this one was the worse hit for me

Like all my body Kai
I was given a separate chair in primary school till I stopped going to school

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by possibilita(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2023
Eczema gimme depression 😒😒

2 Likes

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Penboy: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2023
Acne o..
Chai

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by XAUBulls: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2023
Samantha124:
Chickenpox... I was taken to the hospital and placed in an isolated ward, but it wasn't painful, just itching every now and then.
How's it going?

Lol... "Itchiness" in Limpopo.

Samantha at what age did that take place? Fortunately you have a lifetime immunity to it now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Love800(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2023
Pls is this true?
I have dandruff since i was little till now and i have not yet seen the cure.

tolexy007:
Only dandruff. that thing show me pepper .

anytime I go to baber shop, come and see white dust everywhere, Many parents will not allow Thier children to use the same clipper dey use for me to barb Thier kids here, especially wen the electric clipper just come den. Any time I finish barb my head will b like dey put pour White flour on my head, I always come with Hair cream and water to wash the head immediately at the barber house and rub the hair cream on it, to make the dust go away for some minute.

my mum buy diff thing to conquer this dandruff, omo e no go oo. even use some antifungal cream, it will go and come bk.

not until one day, I read one book on Medicinal herb, the author now mention, how to use Ur own Urine to cure dandruff, naso I try it for just 3days. and that was the end f Dandruff on my head till today..

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Ten06(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2023
Downdruff dealt with me to the point that I was taken to hospital several times.
On one occasion I was almost admitted because of downdruff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by manchester1: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Pimples
*Eczema
*Ringworm on the body
*Heat Rashes
*Chicken Pox

MINE IS:
*Chicken pox.

You didn't add measles to your list embarassed

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Geneh411: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2023
Wainey:
I never had chicken pox, no body in my family has ever had chicken pox

Most likely you will still have it, I usually say @ the bold, not until my boy got infected in school and brought it home. Everybody at home was infected except my wife cuz she had it in her childhood, omo na old age I come dey treat chicken pox, I still have the spot on my face till date

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by EthanSly: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Ring worm draw map of Naija for my head .. wetin e use me do even my mouth no fit describe am.. I was in primary 5 then..
Teacher use me do example Taya.. if na now laidis person fit commit suiced then o for wetin I go through..

Finally one Yoruba man.. May his gentle soul continue to rest on.. One faithful day just bring one white powder like this ..catch me seat me for ground..scrab am the thing open rub that powder.. baba my head was on real fire for like two days...

Naso that thing take finish till today o...

Chai

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by manchester1: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2023
You didn't add measles to your list

2 Likes

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by walyx(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2023
Had eczema ring on my nose then.. dos days I cm dey use nixoderm n Shirley

Also like few dandruff for head, to go barber shop na like going to hell. Lol.
For ss2 I started using relaxer. I dey steal my my step mom relaxer sef use.. lol

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by tollyboy5(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2023
None. I dont know why lol
Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by abobote: 10:20am On Aug 12, 2023
Ring worm and chicken box

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Dickson178(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2023
For me SWEETY AND PIMPLE 😀

1 Like

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Wainey: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2023
Geneh411:

Most likely you will still have it, I usually say @ the bold, not until my boy got infected in school and brought it home. Everybody at home was infected except my wife cuz she had it in her childhood, omo na old age I come dey treat chicken pox, I still have the spot on my face till date
this is my fear, people keep telling me I will have it, I want to have it early and not on my wedding day, I come deh fight chicken pox, e no go too make sense na.

BTW, how old were u when u had urs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Discountsempai: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2023
Pimples, and ringworm of the body, never of the head.
Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by tollyboy5(m): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2023
nepapole:
Chicken pox na like general market na.

I also dated pimples. E still dey visit me sef
Not in my family.

People dont remember me having pimples because it was tiny and do disappear quickly. grin
Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by LOVEGINO(m): 10:23am On Aug 12, 2023
Carcholce:
You did not add bed wetting grin
we be 5&6 grin
Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by kuverah(f): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2023
Pimples and chicken pox. I can remember my mum applying calamine lotion on my chicken pox.
Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Discountsempai: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Pimples
*Eczema
*Ringworm on the body
*Heat Rashes
*Chicken Pox

MINE IS:
*Chicken pox.

I never had chicken pox as a child, but when I was in my early 20's, it struck...lol.

Up till that point I thought it was a childhood illness. Well, that was the end of that belief. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child? by Discountsempai: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2023
Wainey:
I never had chicken pox, no body in my family has ever had chicken pox

Ha, that's what I used to think, until the thing entered my body at 20....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi State Building Nigeria's Biggest Reference Hospital / 7 Health Risks Of Child Bearing After Age 35 / Christopher Gilbert Fighting For Life After White "Friends" Push Him Into Lake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.