Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine (20958 Views)

Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / NAFDAC Cautions Media Against Illegal Advertisement Of Pharmaceutical Products / Lassa Fever: Anambra Bans Drinking Of Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Gajagojo: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
I don't support reading ethnic meaning into this

The real issue is one of federalism do we want states to have the power to ban what can be advertised or should that be a federal power. That raises questions about radio , TV and internet advertising and whether states will have the power to block adverts in their states.

It is a good debate to have but we should be aware of the pros and cons in the context of the constitution as it is and where we would like it to be .

Should NAFDAC powers be federal or state

Should states have the power for example to ban cigarettes or should that be federal

Should states have the power to say what kind of Garri should be sold within their borders should states have the power to ban Ponmo etc.

It is a good debate to have but we should be mindful of any cries of

Dem dey carry me go where I no know

Lagos State e.g can say they alone will issue licence for any yellow garri sold in the state . Will that be OK?
Will it be OK to ban Ogiri or Ukpa that is not approved by Lagos State or should that be down to NAFDAC?
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Fugazy2023: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
001Lagos:

Swear that you're not from Osun ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

I swear I'm not from Osun grin Swear you no be okoro grin
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by DrAda(f): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
Perfect. Very well done
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by georgeakins: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
001Lagos:
Yoruba Agbo sellers are gradually turning Anambra market to Agbo market yet, no one is harassing them.

All we say is that they should be respectful to there hosts and obey all the safety rules

No non indigenes reside anywhere in Ibo land.
Stop lying to yourself. Only Ibos live in Iboland land

Ibo land is abandoned and deserted, even by the natives.
The only ibos still living in South East today are those with no transport fare.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Armaggedon: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Is there any legislation to that effect?
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by juman(m): 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
This is good move. I commend the governor.

Do you know that in many western countries you can mix anything up and call it miracle solution or miracle water that can cure all diseases and be selling it one hundred euro or more?
Maybe water and honey.

Those alternative medicine practitioners know how they penetrate their parliament not to stop them from the recklessness.
Some medical doctors also are part of them to make quick and big money.
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Essence20(m): 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nice move...those people constitute nuisance
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by georgeakins: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Somebody wants to put Yorubas in Anambra out of business grin.

Next you'll realise, Lagos government is going to ban street trading along traffic congestions in the state.

Economic warfare "o ti set"!

No Yoruba in Ibo land.

Only Ibos live in Iboland land.

Have you ever met anyone who speaks Ibo language and he does hail from Ibo land?
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by KwuoteYourFada: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
MS247:
Yes my sister an actress Eniola badmus

Your own sisters say hi ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท
Baba Rasheed olaniyi says hi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by MySolace: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
See this foolish up there mentioning Yorubas........ haven't u seen other ethnic group hawking or selling herbal products??

Even yo imaginary billionaire cubana sells agbo (ODOGWU)
Oga get sense.... Those ones are already certified. Dey get NAFDAC number.

They try to scrutinize other locally distributed ones.
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by georgeakins: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
001Lagos:
they are free to do there businesses in Anambra state but all safety rules must be adhered to.

No Yoruba lives in Ibo land.
Sambisa forest is safer than Ibo land.
Only Ibos live in South East
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by MS247: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:
Baba Rasheed olaniyi says hi cheesy

Rule 1 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy mukina2
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by PoliciaNLand: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
MS247:

Naso

Same bere wey Ibo petty traders don litter
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
tribal slurs
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
sreamsense:

Is like Igbos have started faking their own "agbo" because they see it as lucrative businesses. Yorubas know that type of business well and it has never been reported negatively to this extent of Anambra. Once you see Igbos using borrowed jeeb to hawk "agbo", then; you should know they have started faking it. Whatever outcome, it will still affect Anambra people because it is now that fake Igbo sellers will package themselves to get approval from government which they will front to deceive people of Anambra as they even hide behind that to advance their well known illegal drugs

Oga, the whole agbo thing is a Yoruba thing is in the East. If they ban it, it's Yorubas back to Osun, simple

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by dannyspeejay(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
AGNES NWA MMA
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by NLegendforte: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
I hope the taxing taxer professor, no wan overtax these people using this style
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Expanse2020(m): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
001Lagos:
I am Yoruba and we must respect our hosts
YORUBA VIVOR RHODA Nsusu with flat head grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Somebody wants to put Yorubas in Anambra out of business grin.

Next you'll realise, Lagos government is going to ban street trading along traffic congestions in the state.

Economic warfare "o ti set"!

Have you heard about shooting your self on the foot before?
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by toprealman: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
providencia:
Shot fire! I see a ban of traffic hawkers somewhere in Nigeria. grin
Win win, sanity should be restored.
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by BoldBrainz(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Efisimilala:

Have you heard about shooting your self on the foot before?

Yup.
Same way Atiku shot himself on the foot when he was grandstanding instead of finding ways to solve the impasse that rocked his party during the last campaign season.
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Expanse2020(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
Fugazy2023:

I swear I'm not from Osun grin Swear you no be okoro grin
Na confirm Okoro with flat head and parading fake product at southwest to meet ends grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Expanse2020(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
They can't do without us, some of them are even changing their name
E.g GBADEBO Okoro VIVOR ROD or konji he call himself grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Franzinni: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
001Lagos:
Yoruba Agbo sellers are gradually turning Anambra market to Agbo market yet, no one is harassing them.

All we say is that they should be respectful to there hosts and obey all the safety rules
I support the igbos 100000 percent ... You see how to be logical ? We don't need to be tribal about everything. Be able to speak the unbiased truth always regardless of benefit and stop hating .
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by drololaaof: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
It is a good step in the right direction.
Most of the so called herbal medicines are laced with drugs- tablets ,capsule syrups etc of unspecified quantity thereby causing resistance, untoward reactions.
It is also a good measure of abatement of noise pollution.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by MimiSheWrote(f): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
sreamsense:

You pay 55% tax from what? Gala or 2x2 shops? You are a comedian, where were you when Omokiri analyzed it for you with better facts?
With all due respect sir... Omokiri is your source? Omokiri of all people? The irresponsible grown up who literally ends all his tweets with the hashtag "TableShaker" lol thats your source Smh

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Expanse2020(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
001Lagos:
I am Yoruba and we must respect our hosts

See your life Okoro...you are to ashamed to claim your region...you even claimed YORUBA you even put 001Lagos but not Anambra...I know you one of those ppl de sell fake cable for southwest to make end means...Tufiakwa
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by omojeesu(m): 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Here we go again!

There's nothing wrong with Herbal Traditional Medicine.

Even the WHO recognizes it.

Some States in Nigeria have Traditional Medicine Boards.

Unfortunately there are charlatans everywhere including among herbal people making stupid claims and even mixing pharmaceuticals with their products.
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by Freemasonry: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
Children of hate will always give everything ethnic colouration.

The number of Yoruba herbal medicine practioners is negligible compared to the Anambrarians in the state, so assuming such a stupid thought crossed the heads of the government, their citizens would be worst hit.

But the tribal bigots won't consider this.

Anyways, I hope the whole policy is in the best interest of Nigerians, anything short of that is an aberration.
Re: Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine by waynetee(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
Lol So Omokiri is your source? Omokiri of all people? The fool who ends all his tweets with the hashtag "TableShaker" lol that's your source?

Well Keep consoling yourself with all that gala and 2x2 shop Bullsh!t... While the Igbos you love to hate(for no reason) keep taking over all the major businesses and lands in your self claimed Lagos ni

By 2035 I'm not sure there would be any plot of land owned by your people in Lagos!
Cos the rate on which you guys are selling your little remaining properties in Lagos to Igbos ehn...lol only to host "Owambe" with the generated money afterwards๐Ÿ˜‚

As a proud Igbo from Delta I can boldly tell you that Y'all Lazy asses can't compete with Igbos naturally... Nope! I mean We are talking about the most hard working group in Nigeria... if not in the world.
It's just a natural advantage Igbos have over everyone else.

I don't usually play this bullsh!t tribal card, but annoying Igbo hating bigots like you do get on my nerves.

You can keep knocking but won't knock us down... No love lost... and no love found!!!

Yes they can't compete with igbos in receiving beatings.
Nonentity like you no see sambisa forest develop, na Lagos wey don dey developed before your fore fathers start to dey wear cloth you wan develop. Apoda grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister / Babcock University Teaching Hospital Performs First Successful Spinal Surgery / Postpone Your Deaths Till Our Strike Is Over-mortuary Staff Union Tells Ghanains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.