Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes (35525 Views)

Little Girl Wore Eye Lashes, Artificial Nails To Her Graduation (Video) / Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain / Madonna University Bans Tablets (2) (3) (4)

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Angelfrost(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
NELLY1990:
yes ooo since they don't have sense then they shud be thought or compelled. Perhaps it will help a number of rape and rest to reduce

Whenever I see these ladies, my first thought is if they are even mentally balanced...

Cos how can a normal human being dress so skimpily to class??!

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by vickydevoka(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

They can never ban mini skirt for east especially Enugu girls

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by scait(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Pearlspar:
So how, does, dresscode connect with good?

Are policemen harrassing people badly, dressed? Latee you will say whites are profiling blacks.
Don't mind that guy.. he doesn't even understand himself
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by dettolgel: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
Figger:
Good 👍 other universities should follow suit. The moral decadence in our high institutions these days is nothing to write about. I remember during our own time, we were forced to dress in corporate attire, so a uniform was introduced with that, sanctity was restored.

So you think these will solve the problem of moral decadence?

We have to tackle the root cause and not the symptoms.

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Chochovini: 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
A welcome development. Other Unis and higher school of learning should emulate fast.

Our institutions are gradually turning more into a fashion show centre than an Academic environs.

Guys may adapt easily without much fuss but you see all these make up loving wearing destiny slayers who are not satisfied with the way God created them will not like this news at all. Awon Jezebels.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Decency👍
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Ehifrank(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
This is really commendable and should be emulated by the following schools.
AAU, UniPort, Uniben, Delsu, Imsu, ESuth,Unilag, Lasu.
Islam and Christianity have always preached against indecency and moral decadence. It is just that Nigerians would only heed instructions the hard way. Thumbs up for that Vc who dared to be different and to call their bluff.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Justiceleague1: 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
Thunda faya those idiots with sagging trousers
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Herbiodun09: 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
Paul is trying to islamize the school. The students should protest against this. In this world of today moral decadence and immorality is a choice for adults
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Bahamas95(m): 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
The way some students dress is just so annoying, most especially the women. They're always half næked, no shame at all.

The one that annoy me the most are girls with long eyelashes, they're always blinking their eyes like idiots....... Animals!

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by dododawa1: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
A student with TATTOO
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Demayour: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
tfash96:
How will students with tattoo react to this? Should they now cut the affected body part?lol

Wear clothes that cover it pátápátá

We don't have the kind of societal development like the west but we want to toe their line of moral decadence which is already affecting them. I kinda support the idea sha
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by pejones: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
How do you read? Hmm?
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by pejones: 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
How do you read? Hmm?
Cemsorcems:
Even face cap? angry

Una for kuku sew School uniform give them. angry
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Bluffly: 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
nairalanda1:
Preparation for the future

Before you blast the university...consider it that the university is preparing you for the future.

Most employers have a dress code. The more prestigous the job, the more refined the dress code. So, before we shout abuse at the university...remember that in the real world, there is a dress code.

Even if you are working in a factory, they would tell you to wear an ugly baggy uniform that is not fashionable. It looks ugly, but it is also meant to protect you from the machinery. (A sensible factory, not Oga Linus' or Ade's Furniture workshop..lol).

I used to patronise a bank when I was a student. Standard trust bank (now part of UBA ). And one thing I noticed about the bank tellers and workers was that all of them were observing a dress code. Nothing like 'baggy trousers, micro mini skirts, etc...proper coprporate clothing. When they were ';casual' they wore shirts with the bank's logo. If not that I was not willing to be a banker, I would have joined up as soon as I graduated..lol.

Don't complain. They are preparing you for the real world tomorrow...where an employer would make you dress very conservatively, and you can't complain because the salary at the end of the month is 450000 naira. Plus perks. cheesy
Only men have dress code in those organizations. Visit banks and see how seductive their female employees dress
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
Seducers will rant against this
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by davidtemi(m): 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
Na visible tattoos dem go fit ban. Girls wit tattoo for private parts nko😳
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by tfash96(m): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Demayour:

Wear clothes that cover it pátápátá

We don't have the kind of societal development like the west but we want to toe their line of moral decadence which is already affecting them. I kinda support the idea sha
I know but Hopefully it's not anywhere close to the face..Will they be wearing masks till they graduate? Lwkmd
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Chucks13: 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
It is been a while I heard anything about Taraba.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by mhmsadyq(m): 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
vickydevoka:

They can never ban mini skirt for east especially Enugu girls

That one na their cultural attire!
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Cemsorcems:
Even face cap? angry

Una for kuku sew School uniform give them. angry
I just tire face cap again...

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by MTNcustomercare: 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
Most men/ladies may have difficulty abiding to these rules.

I feel these rules should have been set even before they gained admission.
So the students will have to decide if they will attend the school or not.

So, what of those that already have a permanent tattoo inscribed on their bodies?
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Dshocker(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
turmacs:
Idiots..

We understand that you like dressing half naked, but we are pleased with the decision of the university.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Yusuph2504(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
Abi nah
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by alibiz: 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
This is welcomed.
Education should affect one character
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Saidfx(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
IhateYouMan:

You ancestors walked around stark naked, were they morally decadent at that time ??

Stone age is outdated
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Babathanks(m): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Figger:
Good 👍 other universities should follow suit. The moral decadence in our high institutions these days is nothing to write about. I remember during our own time, we were forced to dress in corporate attire, so a uniform was introduced with that, sanctity was restored.
If they introduce sharia now and hijab for ladies for u will be crying foul here. I remember my days in a northern university. We Christian’s rejected all those sharia motives that they wanted to impose on us by the sug governor which is a Muslim. And Christian student associations is very strong in my school self

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Rebirth212: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Just because there no law regulating the way we dress in this country

That's why some people must especially the girls chose to dress indecent
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by transient123(m): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nothing wrong with this directive from the university. At least, most people will applaud so far it's not from a state with majority as muslims, Muslim school or university. If it were to be any of these, dunderheads would have wailed to the Atlantic like the bereaved.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by DeAdvokate(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
This is the good thing about Islam, modesty and decency
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Figger(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babathanks:

If they introduce sharia now and hijab for ladies for u will be crying foul here. I remember my days in a northern university. We Christian’s rejected all those sharia motives that they wanted to impose on us by the sug governor which is a Muslim. And Christian student associations is very strong in my school self
during my time as an undergrad, UNN precisely 2006-2010, the level of indecent dressing in high institutions wasn't as bad as it is presently, yet my faculty and many others introduced uniforms to cushion the effect, how much more now that social media has polluted every atmosphere of good moral upbringing. U won't believe as a business student those days, I never knew how to knot a Tie until those changes were made regarding dress code. We shouldn't be imitating the west on everything.

2013 TOTAL E & P Nigeria National Merit SCHOLARSHIP / President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) / When You Get Corrected Copy Of Your Project From Your Supervisor