Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes (35526 Views)

Little Girl Wore Eye Lashes, Artificial Nails To Her Graduation (Video) / Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain / Madonna University Bans Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
First time in Nigeria university.
Nothing new A.B.U,Sokoto and Kano universities have done this already years back.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Charx122: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Oya give them school uniform.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, yes, the schools can do that, and also prepare them for the reality that is dress codes when they graduate and start looking for employment.

Laughing does not change that fact, sadly.

Are the schools preparing them for the harsh work cum career reality of life or policing their dressing?

Am I against indecent dressing? At all.

More emphasis seems to be placed on their looks than on them being ready for the after school life.

If only useless lecturers were admonished not to be useless and foolish too.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2023
cjudy:
shocked

Yet you people will claim to be copying the West. Tell me which University in the UK or USA that will detect the kind of hairstyle a guy should barb or which description should be written on students shirt?

Advance secondary school and yet they can’t even teach the student well. Only depend on sorting and selling of handouts
see one of them.

Since you cannot be decent yourself out of your own free Will that some of you have to come to school looking like touts and prostitutes with weird hair styles and irritating makeup,then the school will have no other choice than to impose dress codes on you
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2023
SAMBARRY:
see one of them.

Since you cannot be decent yourself out of your own free Will that some of you have to come to school looking like touts and prostitutes with weird hair styles and irritating makeup,then the school will have no other choice than to impose dress codes on you
I’m old enough to be your father my boy.

Dressing and hairstyle should be by choice. You should be civilized.

I never approved opened dressing but why hairstyle, description written on cloths?
There should be freedom on it. Go to America high school, you can’t tell them kind of hairstyle or description on shirt to wear.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by MrFly(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2023
Dead on arrival
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by MrFly(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=nairalanda1 post=125087498]Preparation for the future

Before you blast the university...consider it that the university is preparing you for the future.

Most employers have a dress code. The more prestigous the job, the more refined the dress code. So, before we shout abuse at the university...remember that in the real world, there is a dress code.

Even if you are working in a factory, they would tell you to wear an ugly baggy uniform that is not fashionable. It looks ugly, but it is also meant to protect you from the machinery. (A sensible factory, not Oga Linus' or Ade's Furniture workshop..lol).
The same way bobo chicago and his ilks were trained to loot us.. and most importantly the same way lecturers were trained to frustrate us. Looks can be deceptive. They should administer oath of compliance on them during admission and equally sew them uniforms. Over sabi dey worry us
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Luu40: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2023
YoungLionken:
Nice one..

These young adults are going crazy with their dress sense, on campus..

Go to campuses, you would all manner of nudity; no bra with nipples visible, bum shorts, rimmed jeans, crazy tattoos and hairstyles, etc..

I know understand how desperate we are, to be like the west; social liberty and all. But the danger in the nearest future (knowing fully well, how we do things in excess), would be so devastating/catastrophic...

And the only thing we copy from the west is their indecent mode of dressing that many of them don't even care about, their LGBTQ lifestyle, the expensive things they use and wear. Imagine a person buying a phone of over half a million naira only to WhatsApp, Facebook and take pictures.

Their knowledge and several other good things aren't our concern.

May God help us Nigerians.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Dagenius53: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2023
Why are they using unilorin alumni as their poster boys and girls? I saw animashaun and ABK
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Moneyboyz: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
So the person with tattoo should cut off the affected part?
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Cromagnon: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

Students pay the school bills to prepare them for tomorrow.

You guys should stop complaining, seriously. If you don't like it, there are other schools with less restrictive codes. GO THERE.
I hope soldiers and civil servants force you to dress like sú or wear hijab them see how tyranny feels
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by nairalanda1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Cromagnon:
I hope soldiers and civil servants force you to dress like sú or wear hijab them see how tyranny feels

Thanks for the abuse. Have a good day, and hope all goes well with you.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by GboyegaD(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

Would you call an employer that requests you dress properly at work hypocrite...or a company that wants to reflect a good image?

Everyone knows how best to address to various occasions. We should be more concerned about morals than been hypocrites.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
cjudy:

I’m old enough to be your father my boy.

Dressing and hairstyle should be by choice. You should be civilized.

I never approved opened dressing but why hairstyle, description written on cloths?
There should be freedom on it. Go to America high school, you can’t tell them kind of hairstyle or description on shirt to wear.
lmao see this clown grin

America is different from nigeria.no matter how bad you want to be American, oyinbos can never see you as an american.not even with their passport so rest.besides the America you're trying so hard to be like is a degenerated society with twisted youths on drugs in the streets so and if truly you are a father (for the sake of argument) and you want functional children,you won't be trying this thrash
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
SAMBARRY:
lmao see this clown grin

America is different from nigeria.no matter how bad you want to be American, oyinbos can never see you as an american.not even with their passport so rest.besides the America you're trying so hard to be like is a degenerated society with twisted youths on drugs in the streets so and if truly you are a father (for the sake of argument) and you want functional children,you won't be trying this thrash

Sorry for you. I won’t ask my children to dress naked but I won’t detect the kind of cloths they will put on. I will only make sure it’s not exposing their body.
Hairstyle; maybe you are the type of person that sees people who carry dread as bad boy. See I have seen well dressed assassin. Infact the whole assassins dress very decent
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
cjudy:

Sorry for you. I won’t ask my children to dress naked but I won’t detect the kind of cloths they will put on. I will only make sure it’s not exposing their body.
Hairstyle; maybe you are the type of person that sees people who carry dread as bad boy. See I have seen well dressed assassin. Infact the whole assassins dress very decent
OGA no need to shalaye.nobody is dictating what they should wear our own is don't be indecent, vulgar or looking like you have no home training
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
SAMBARRY:
OGA no need to shalaye.nobody is dictating what they should wear our own is don't be indecent, vulgar or looking like you have no home training

Oga home training go and dress your children like aladura people.

Peace
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by Cromagnon: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

Thanks for the abuse. Have a good day, and hope all goes well with you.
what's the abuse. I was praying for you to experience what you pray for others. You dey fear?
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
cjudy:

Oga home training go and dress your children like aladura people.

Peace
awon baba oniranu
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by rohangold: 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
The Best.
I'm happy for this.
Others should join.
I wish I was trained this way.
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
SAMBARRY:
awon baba oniranu

I heard Onye ibelibe
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
cjudy:

I heard Onye ibelibe
such a dysfunctional clown grin
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
SAMBARRY:
such a dysfunctional clown grin
Same like your parents who lack manners in bringing you up
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
cjudy:

Same like your parents who lack manners in bringing you up
e pain am grin tongue

Oro Na dun,ofeke grin tongue
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
SAMBARRY:
e pain am grin tongue

Oro Na dun,ofeke grin tongue

Pain me ke
See this anu ofia

Nothing pain me ooo, I’m not frustrated like you
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
cjudy:

Pain me ke
See this anu ofia

Nothing pain me ooo, I’m not frustrated like you
awon araile Eni anoufia grin tongue
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by cjudy(m): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
SAMBARRY:
awon araile Eni anoufia grin tongue
Aturu Mmeeee
Re: Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes by SAMBARRY: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2023
cjudy:

Aturu Mmeeee
awon Ara ilere Ni aturu mmeeer grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2013 TOTAL E & P Nigeria National Merit SCHOLARSHIP / President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) / When You Get Corrected Copy Of Your Project From Your Supervisor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.