Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,432 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? (29801 Views)

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel / Man Teaches Plus-Sized Lady How To Ride Bicycle In Style / Man Teach His Lady How To Ride A Bicycle In Adorable Pre Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Autobot05: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2023
E v e n i n g
N e w s p a p e r
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by tiswell(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jman06:
That guy must be the greatest of all SIMPs for marrying the same lady that rejected him for not earning enough. He's stup1d because if for any reason he stops making money as he currently does, that woman will definitely dump his assz.

Nothing dey most blvck men Skull. I wanted to Puke when i read that story.

I purposely didn't quote the post because the Story dey Vex me like Mad. I fit Swear for the Poster and the Stvpid Fool In that Story.

Someone CURVED You for good Eight Years, Yet the MotherFvcker was still hovering around the same Spotgrin

A lot of these Useless men are the one fueling the Ego of those Mgbekes.

A lot of Nigerian men are Ugly and Cheap. Believe me.

It's the reason why i no dey respect most of them at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by frankson1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
Fortune118005:

grin you mean 27?

How could you cut off a whopping 45yrs....haba! Have a little mercy on me naw cry cry

@IconicR, this guy said I'm 27...is this true undecided
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Demurray: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jman06:
That guy must be the greatest of all SIMPs for marrying the same lady that rejected him for not earning enough. He's stup1d because if for any reason he stops making money as he currently does, that woman will definitely dump his assz.
It was after their wedding that the man made it, that sister married him because those guys she fell for disappoint her, she has no choice than to accept when they accidentally met again.
Such is life
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by isabi2lof: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
zed7:

The modern woman doesn't marry as early anymore, most women want to graduate and settle in their career before getting married. This has also caused an increase in the birth of special needs children. All my opinion and observations.

So what could have happened to a 22yrs old lady that gave birth to a special need child , and this particular child is her 2nd born , mind you she's my church member ..

Infact I can go on and on with some people that have special need children, especially the rich ones , and they got married at a very early age ..

We've so many factors that contributs to someone having a special need child , most people only attributes age to it , forgetting that some are even hereditary..

1 Like

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
frankson1:

How could you cut off a whopping 45yrs....haba! Have a little mercy on me naw cry cry

@IconicR, this guy said I'm 27...is this true undecided
Since you decided to lie tor
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Dybala11(m): 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2023
EconomistXplain:

all graduate ladies marry above 30
This assertion is very very wrong. I've seen several ladies getting married under age 30 after graduating from the University.

2 Likes

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Dybala11(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
BlackyOne:
What unit of measurement are we using now, is it Bar, PSI, kpa ?

Please clarify so I can comment meaningfully
N/m² or mm Hg. 😂😂😂
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by frankson1(m): 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Since you decided to lie tor

Ahhh! Even you. I thought we're friends already crycry cry cry
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
frankson1:

Ahhh! Even you. I thought we're friends already crycry cry cry
Are you above 30
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Badmashii(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
ecolime:
The pressure now is self induced and maybe from your parents and siblings.

Society no send anyone again. If you like be 60 and single, na fuel and dollar be everybody wahala now.

grin grin omo true talk
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by frankson1(m): 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Are you above 30

Yes, I am.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
frankson1:

Yes, I am.
Are below 35?
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by frankson1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Are below 35?

Nope.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
frankson1:

Nope.
are you above 37?
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Hahnemann: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Even in this current Nigeria?

Yes oooo, the matter tie wrapper
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Jman06(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
Demurray:

It was after their wedding that the man made it, that sister married him because those guys she fell for disappoint her, she has no choice than to accept when they accidentally met again.
Such is life
He's not a real man! Real men don't go back to ladies that rejected them ab initio. That's a simp move!
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Jman06(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Nothing dey most blvck men Skull. I wanted to Puke when i read that story.

I purposely didn't quote the post because the Story dey Vex me like Mad. I fit Swear for the Poster and the Stvpid Fool In that Story.

Someone CURVED You for good Eight Years, Yet the MotherFvcker was still hovering around the same Spotgrin

A lot of these Useless men are the one fueling the Ego of those Mgbekes.

A lot of Nigerian men are Very Ugly and Cheap. Believe me.

It's the reason why i no dey respect most of them at all. I despise them a lot.
Honestly, some guys stoop so low when dealing with with women. That's why women treat them like trash.

Me that would even block her in all my social media channels sef just for showing the slightest lack of interest in me.

1 Like

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jman06:
Honestly, some guys stoop so low when dealing with with women. That's why women treat them like trash.

Me that would even block her in all my social media channels sef just for showing the slightest lack of interest in me.

You just described me.

A lady should thank her Star if she ever gets my attention. Once i give you my attention and you start acting funny or one kind. That's the End.

Infact i'm very mean and brutal these days because i hardly stare at any lady most especially those hungry ones. They are the ones always doing all the staring, greenlight et all. I'll just make use of my side eyes and Smile.

I'm good looking, I'm kind with good attitude, I have a nice body and I smell good most of the time. So I'm not Cheap and I won't settle for less.

Currently I have two working class Ladies who wants to forcefully settle down with me. But i'm not yet ready.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Dexy4yah(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
If you like,lose yourself and die of depression due to pressure from the society......

Everything good will surely happen when it's time comes....

Personally,I don't let society pressure to have an advantage over me...Cuz I know I'm unique in my own way......And no need to over push things,cuz las las everywhere go stew.
Aswear down
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by sslcrypt: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
Sanguine:
You cannot pressure the unpressured.

If you cower under one nonsense pressure and end up marrying a 'horseband' (as a woman), or a 'knife' (as a man)... Na you go cry taya! And that society or whoever that pressured you, na them go still come back begin dey blame you, even mock you on top.

Wisdom demands that you choose your battles and pressures right.

Yeah you choose your battles. But it doesn't still stop majority of ladies still Making mistakes of choice even in their mid thirties. And also loose the interest of men at same age range.
My friend who's 36 always spoke about a guy who's 39, well to do man. An issue occured which was her fault as admitted by her to me but didn't admit it to the man. He literally cut her off, she someday ran into him randomly with a younger lady.

This is a 4th situation I have observed with same age data but different scenarios. Sometimes the issue is character, which is subconsciously embedded character that we think time have eradicated or at least eliminated over time.

So from my observation men pick on this subtle characters and it helps them to validate reasons known to them. A lady in her 30s is by default not appealing to a men, especially those men that sacrificed dating in their 20s to get to where they are. Based on conversation with close, casual, colleagues friends.

A male friend once said there's no difference between twenty years and thirty years old lady, because it's still the same problem they will give you. But the 20 year old will be preferable because you can manage their issues and there's room for adjustment.

I married early, which working and that didn't stop me from achieving my career goals. As someone who's lived in the west and still live in the west, I will advice our Nigeria ladies to be careful in adopting the whole career first talk. It's a trap that will leave most women bitter and angry.

1 Like

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by crossbreedwears(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2023
I get your point bro. One of my friends got married about a month ago and both of them have been working with their certificate aftee graduation. The guy turned 30 some months back while his wife is about 26.
EconomistXplain:

working as a graduate is different from working after graduation...

a graduate doing big fashion designer or repairs fone is working is working after graduation, but one who works as a doctor, works at glo or is an accountant in a bank works with the certificate...in case u dont understand me
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by damzy88: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
vickydevoka:

Not that guys will see you, they are very unmarriable set of individuals looking for highest bidders and having high taste. Try an approach a woman who makes her own money and less than 30 years, she will be so rude and stupid at the same time
Often true
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by frankson1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
are you above 37?

IconicR, please rest. Use the info I've given you.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by klawaaa: 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2023
My sister, the most valuable gift is what can't be bought with money. You probably need your own kids because of old age. No one would look after you. Hence, the people you said are mounting pressure on you are only doing you favour. You own the approval. So, approve of one of us today and get settled down. You ladies add more than necessary to getting a man. Just look for someone you think you would love to live with and leave the rest to your good conscience. Alteast, you know you have tried.
blessingnenye:
A lot of ladies are scared of 30. What's really wrong with 30? Why so dreadful with the age, after all it's just a number!!! Even with a lot of accomplishments, being 30 and single can be so pressurizing among out ladies, owing to the pressures from families and society to get married. Sometimes, this pressure sums up the reason why majority delve into an unfruitful marriage.

1 Like

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by j3r3myk3n(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
At 60+ I'm still not feeling any pressure
We move

Hmmmm, make I no talk.

But.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by j3r3myk3n(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
At 60+ I'm still not feeling any pressure
We move

Make I no talk but this your talk get comma.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Gbright560: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
If you're a working class lady and need a man for head up age 28-33 we can start something together. PS: am a graduate of Mass Communication (HND) currently unemployed still grinding non stop.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by poweredcom(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
Why dem go marry when them no get anytin to offer any man

The ones wey don comot belle plenty , the prostitutes ones plenty the feminist ones the man haters. The tricksters , ...naija ladies i no de pity den if dem never marry na d way dem lay dem bed ..dem go lie on am

1 Like

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by YoshihideSuga: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
EconomistXplain:

u are so so spot on....i did a masters research on this same topic just this year..nd we polled over 400 women...it turns out exactly what u said....most last children born when moms are anover 37 are child with special needs

It could also be as a result of their husbands' sperm which has poor quality and motility. Since the ladies are in their late '30s during childbearing, it means the husbands are in their early '40s. Men in advanced stages of their lives produce sperms with poor quality, partly depending on what they consume.
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by after7: 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
It is a global thing. Do you know that in China, an unmarried woman of 27 years and above is called Sheng nu which means leftover women. It is a derogatory term just like what we call evening newspaper in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Ladies Are Gradually Losing / Best Thread Ever!!! Big Booty African Women Of Social Media / Too Much Clubbing Is Killing Me, I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.