Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate (1931 Views)

According To Islam, Mohammed Failed The Cardinal Proof Of Prophethood! / Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
AntiChristian:

I have told you that he was unlettered! So fill in the gaps!
The question wasn't about whether Mohammed was a scholar (learned in the scriptures) or not: the question was whether Mohammed was Illiterate or Literate.

A person can only be one of the two: either Literate or Illiterate.
Why is the Question difficult to answer truthfully?
What are you afraid of?

AntiChristian:

The hadith above is unclear! 'Ali was the fourth Caliph after the Prophet died, so how did he die and the Prophet was still alive? This must have been remixed in the Bible through the Holy Spirit! Reframe the lie
You didnt even check the reference whether it was true or not!? SMH!
I truncated the long hadith so that it wouldn't be a boring read.

Let me help you out:
1. `Abdullah bin Shaddad came to Aisha AFTER Ali was murdered by you Muslims
2. Aisha Asked Abdullah the Question about the number of the people whom ‘Ali killed
3. The report was about what Ali did while he was Alive with the Mohammed
4. The event reported was when the peace deal was made between Mohammed and the Quraish people
4. As part of the deal, Mohammed WROTE:
`In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.`
Let me quote the whole hadith for you

Musnad Ahmad 656
It was narrated that `Ubaidullah bin ‘Iyad bin `Amr al-Qari said:
`Abdullah bin Shaddad came and entered upon `A`ishah when we were sitting with her, as he was returning from Iraq during the time when ‘Ali was murdered. She said to him: O `Abdullah bin Shaddad, will you tell me the truth about what I am going to ask you? Tell me about these people whom ‘Ali killed. He said: Why shouldn't I tell you the truth? She said: Tell me about them. He said: When `Ali corresponded with Mu`awiyah and the two arbitrators gave their verdict, eight thousand of the pious rebelled against him and camped in a land called Haroora`, near Koofah. They criticised him and said: You have taken off a chemise that Allah caused you to wear and a title that Allah gave to you, then you went ahead and asked people to issue a decree concerning the religion of Allah. There is no ruling except the ruling of Allah, may He be exalted. When `Ali heard about their criticism of him and the reason why they had split from him, he told his caller not to admit anyone but those who had memorised the Qur`an. When the house was filled with people who had memorised the Qur`an, he called for a large Mushaf and put it front of him, and he started tapping it with his hand, saying: O Mushaf, tell the people. The people called out: O Ameer al-Mu`mineen, how could you ask it? It is only ink and paper, but we could speak on the basis of what we understand from it. What do you want? He said: These companions of yours who rebelled, between me and them is the Book of Allah, and Allah says in His Book concerning a woman and a man: `If you fear a breach between them twain (the man and his wife), appoint (two) arbitrators, one from his family and the other from hers; if they both wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation.` [an-Nisa 4:35]. The ummah of Muhammad is more important with regard to life and sanctity than a woman and a man. They got angry with me when I wrote a document between me and Mu`awiyah and wrote `Ali bin Abi Talib [without adding the title Ameer al-Mu`mineen]. But Suhail bin `Amr came to us when we were with the Messenger of Allah at al-Hudaibiyah, when he made a peace deal with Quraish, and the Messenger of Allah wrote, `In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.` Suhail said: Do not write, In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. He said: What should we write? He said: Write: `In Your Name, O Allah.” The Messenger of Allah said: Write `Muhammad the Messenger of Allah .` He [Suhail] said: If I knew that you were the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), I would not have opposed you. So he wrote: This is what was agreed by Muhammad bin `Abdullah with Quraish. And Allah says in His Book: “Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day` [Al-Ahzab 33:21]. So `Ali sent `Abdullah bin `Abbas to them and I went out with him until we reached the middle of their camp. Ibnul-Kawwa` stood up and addressed the people, saying: O bearers of the Qur`an, this is `Abdullah bin `Abbas . Whoever does not know him, I know of the Book of Allah what can tell you about him, He is one of those concerning whom the words `they are a quarrelsome people` [Az-Zukhruf 43:58] were revealed. Tell him to go back to the one who sent him and do not discuss the Book of Allah with him. Their spokesmen stood up and said: By Allah, we will discuss the Book of Allah. If he says something sound and true that we recognise we will follow him, and if he says something false we will reject his false argument. So they discussed the Book with ‘Abdullah for three days, and four thousand of them recanted and all of them repented, including Ibnul-Kawwa`. He took them to `Ali in Koofah, and `Ali sent word to the rest of them, saying: You know the turmoil between us and our opponents. Stay wherever you wish until the ummah of Muhammad is united. The deal between us and you is that you should not shed any blood that it is forbidden to shed or commit acts of banditry on the roads or do wrong to any Non Muslim under Muslim protection. If you do that, we will declare war, for Allah does not love those who betray. `A`ishah said: O Ibn Shaddad, did he kill them? He said: By Allah, no sooner had he sent this message to them but they committed acts of banditry, shed blood and regarded it as permissible to harm Ahludh-Dhimmah (non-Muslims living under Muslim protection). She said: Do you swear by Allah? He said: I swear by Allah besides Whom there is no other god that this is what happened. She said: I have heard that the people of Iraq are talking and saying dhuth-thuda, dhuth-thuda [i.e., the one with a deformed arm that looks like a breast]. He said: I saw him and I was with ‘Ali (رضي الله عنه) when he was examining the slain. He called the people and said: Do you know this one? How many of them came and said: I saw him praying in the mosque of Banu So and so, and I saw him praying in the mosque of Banu So and so. And there was no proof of who he was except that. She said: What did `Ali say when he stood over him, as the people of Iraq claim? He said: I heard him say: Allah and His Messenger spoke the truth. She said: Did you hear him say anything other than that? He said: No, by Allah. She said: Yes, Allah and His Messenger spoke the truth. May Allah have mercy on `Ali : it was his habit, if he saw something he liked, to say: Allah and His Messenger spoke the truth. But the people of Iraq fabricated lies against him and added words to what he said.

So, the report was when Ali was Alive with your prophet at the treaty with the Quraysh people.

and the Messenger of Allah wrote, `In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.`

AntiChristian:

He wanted to write? What did he wanted to write, Letters or symbols? This is not an evidence at all?
Muhammad couldn't read or write BUT he REQUESTED for a pen with which to write (not dictate) for them!

Sahih Muslim 1637 c
Ibn Abbas reported:
When Allah's Messenger was about to leave this world, there were persons (around him) in his house, 'Umar b. al-Kbattab being one of them. Allah's Apostle said: Come, I may write for you a document; you would not go astray after that. Thereupon Umar said: Verily Allah's Messenger is deeply afflicted with pain. You have the Qur'an with you. The Book of Allah is sufficient for us. Those who were present in the house differed. Some of them said: Bring him (the writing material) so that Allah's Messenger may write a document for you and you would never go astray after him And some among them said what 'Umar had (already) said. When they indulged in nonsense and began to dispute in the presence of Allah's Messenger, he said: Get up (and go away) 'Ubaidullah said: Ibn Abbas used to say: There was a heavy loss, indeed a heavy loss, that, due to their dispute and noise. Allah's Messenger could not write (or dictate) the document for them.

Musnad Ahmad 656 showed exactly what Mohammed wrote!
and the Messenger of Allah wrote, `In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.`

Sahih Muslim 1637 c showed that Mohammed was known by his companions as able to write.
Allah's Apostle said: Come, I may write for you a document; you would not go astray after that.

When two different hadiths converge on an issue, you can as well trust them.
The first hadith above is VERY clear!

It looks like you are promoting the idea of partial literacy!
Unfortunately, the second hadith nullifies such a notion.
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by MightySparrow: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2023
TenQ:

Luke was not even mentioned in the Qur'an. The problem is when Allah (the acclaimed author of the Qur'an) doesn't know basic truths
Zachariah (of John the Baptist) is a Prophet
Alexander the Great is a prophet
Adam is a Prophet

Mohammed is the Most successful 419 in the history of Mankind
Oh , I thought Luqman surah 31, is the biblical Luke. Mo is a fraudster per excellence
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 8:41am On Aug 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

Oh , I thought Luqman surah 31, is the biblical Luke. Mo is a fraudster per excellence

Luqman is mentioned in Surah Luqman (Chapter 31) and is presented as a wise and pious figure who provides advice to his son.

I wonder what concerns Allah with Lukman! Stories from everywhere scattered all over the Qur'an in a disjointed manner
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by MightySparrow: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2023
TenQ:

Luqman is mentioned in Surah Luqman (Chapter 31) and is presented as a wise and pious figure who provides advice to his son.

I wonder what concerns Allah with Lukman! Stories from everywhere scattered all over the Qur'an in a disjointed manner

Haa! So the Quran didn't mention any New Testament apostles?
Mo is the progenitor of Antichristian and the coming antichrist.
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by AntiChristian: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

Samson was mentioned in the Bible. When he was filled with the Holy Spirit he could tear the mouth of a lion!

But na woman conquer am with all the Holy Spirit!

Who do you expect to be mentioned in the Qur'an from the New Testament?
The New Testament you have today does not exist back then as you have it today!
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by MightySparrow: 9:34am On Aug 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

Samson was mentioned in the Bible. When he was filled with the Holy Spirit he could tear the mouth of a lion!

Produce the original one.
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by AntiChristian: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

Produce the original one.

You have to do a time travel to 2k years ago!
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by MightySparrow: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

You have to do a time travel to 2k years ago!

Meaning you don't have evidence. Do you?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

What is the name of the non existent book given to Jesus by Allah?

Can you state just one verse from it?

What was the gospel Waraqa used to translate into Arabic?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

The Qur'an doesn't know anything about even Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. Another signature that it is a book of limited Arabian man.

1 Like

Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by AntiChristian: 10:16am On Aug 19, 2023
TenQ:

The Qur'an doesn't know anything about even Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. Another signature that it is a book of limited Arabian man.

Even the Bible doesn't know much about Matthew, Mark, Luke and John!

grin

What the bible knows about each of them will not be up to two or three sentences!
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by AntiChristian: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2023
TenQ:

What is the name of the non existent book given to Jesus by Allah?
Injeel of Course! grin

Can you state just one verse from it?
Jesus was sent to the Israelites not me! So i have no business in the Book revealed to him other than to believe it existed and was inspired from the creator!

What was the gospel Waraqa used to translate into Arabic?
You need to go back in a time loop to get that info!
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by AntiChristian: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

Meaning you don't have evidence. Do you?

Evidence on what does not exist?

1 Like

Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 10:38am On Aug 19, 2023
AntiChristian:
Injeel of Course! grin

If I get you right, Allah gave Jesus a book with the Name Injeel
Is Injeel an Arabic Word or a Hebrew word or Aramaic?

Qur'an 14:4:
"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah misleads [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

AntiChristian:

Jesus was sent to the Israelites not me! So i have no business in the Book revealed to him other than to believe it existed and was inspired from the creator!

You need to go back in a time loop to get that info!
So you agree that this is contrary to your make-believe statement saying :

1. If Waraqa translated the Injeel into Arabic, where is your EVIDENCE it is different?
2. Allah and his Mohammed seems to have a contrary opinion to your wishful thinking

Can Islam survive without regularly manufacturing LIES?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

Even the Bible doesn't know much about Matthew, Mark, Luke and John!

grin

What the bible knows about each of them will not be up to two or three sentences!
BUT
This is the truth: does Allah know about the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by MightySparrow: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

Evidence on what does not exist?

Where then did you get your information?
One of many false claims of Islam?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

Where then did you get your information?
One of many false claims of Islam?
This is exactly why they said that the Jews claimed that Uzaiah/Ezra is the Son of Allah.

Till tomorrow we are still looking for any proof or document in history!

Without LIES , Islam Crumbles!
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by MightySparrow: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
TenQ:

This is exactly why they said that the Jews claimed that Uzaiah/Ezra is the Son of Allah.

Till tomorrow we are still looking for any proof or document in history!

Without LIES , Islam Crumbles!

Lielamgrin

1 Like

Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 8:08am On Aug 20, 2023
Sheik honesttalk21
You seem to be AVOIDING the Question :

A person can either be literate or illiterate (this has nothing to do whether he is learned in the scripture or not)

Is your prophet Literate or Illiterate ?

Cc:
BroOptimist
hakeemhakeem
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by honesttalk21: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2023
2 Corinthians 11:19

Comprendé
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 9:30am On Aug 20, 2023
honesttalk21:
2 Corinthians 11:19

Comprendé
The scripture doesn't apply to you or does it?

Unfortunately, it doesn't free you from your quest of fleeing away from the consequence of lies told by Muslims before you. In the Court of law, a Liar is discovered by questioning : this I have done.

You seem to be AVOIDING the Question :

A person can either be literate or illiterate (this has nothing to do whether he is learned in the scripture or not)

Is your prophet Literate or Illiterate ?

Cc:
BroOptimist
hakeemhakeem
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by honesttalk21: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
Seems you're bored.
Draw a 2 column table label them for and against.
Fill them up and make your rational conclusion or are you so unsure you need validation?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by Akinbahm(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

With the deception came a veil upon your eyes so that even when the deceit is clearly shown to you, you simply ignore.

My forefathers were Muslims. They were forced into Islam on the pain of death. That's how Islam spread - become a Muslim or you die. Your ancestors would never have been Muslims if they were not forced.

There are people whose ancestors are Christians.. They were never forced. They were never cajoled. Even though, your religion is doing all it can to change the narrative. The missionaries came preaching love, showing love, and through love converted many. Not by the sword like Islam does.

To what purpose would you and your wife and children die Muslims? What rewards are you expecting? Eternal erection? Hope there's eternal erection for your wife too? If that's what you want, may you have eternal erection. But, I warn you my friend, there's nothing like that in eternity.

Would you answer all of TenQ's questions please? Was Mohammed really an illiterate? Are these not all lies?

In as much as I'd like to respond to your claim but there's a maxim that says before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "is this person mentally and emotionally mature enough to grasp the concept of another perspective?" if not there's no point to argue.
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by FxMasterz: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Akinbahm:

In as much as I'd like to respond to your claim but there's a maxim that says before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "is this person mentally and emotionally mature enough to grasp the concept of another perspective?" if not there's no point to argue.

You think you can fool anyone with your escapist response? What do you make of yourself?
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by Akinbahm(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ok
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
Akinbahm:
Ok
Why has the question been so difficult to answer.

Is Mohammed literate or Illiterate?

The question is not about whether Mohammed is learned or not learned!

We Christians will easily answer this same question about Jesus.
Jesus was both Literate and Learned!

Again :
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by Akinbahm(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
TenQ:

Why has the question been so difficult to answer.

The question is not about whether Mohammed is learned or not learned!

We Christians will easily answer this same question about Jesus.
Jesus was both Literate and Learned!

Again :

Illiterate.
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by WillEndInPraise: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
See brainwashed blacks. Those who brought the religion to you knows it's a joke! That was the reason a preacher arrested in the street of london. Ifa is the only way! Isese for life!
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Akinbahm:

Illiterate.
But your hadiths says he's not illiterate : are your hadiths unreliable

1 Like

Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by Akinbahm(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
TenQ:

But your hadiths says he's not illiterate : are your hadiths unreliable

Bring them forth
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by TenQ: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
Akinbahm:

Bring them forth

Here below is an evidence of what he wrote

Musnad Ahmad 656
It was narrated that `Ubaidullah bin ‘Iyad bin `Amr al-Qari said:
`Abdullah bin Shaddad came and entered upon `A`ishah (رضي الله عنها) when we were sitting with her, as he was returning from Iraq during the time when ‘Ali (رضي الله عنه) was murdered....... .
But Suhail bin `Amr came to us when we were with the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) at al-Hudaibiyah, when he made a peace deal with Quraish, and the Messenger of Allah wrote, `In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.`
Suhail said: Do not write, In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. He said: What should we write? He said: Write: `In Your Name, O Allah.” The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Write `Muhammad the Messenger of Allah.`......

Why would your prophet request to be given a paper to write at his death bed final instructions to you Muslims

Sahih Muslim 1637 c
Ibn Abbas reported:
When Allah's Messenger was about to leave this world, there were persons (around him) in his house, 'Umar b. al-Kbattab being one of them. Allah's Apostle said: Come, I may write for you a document; you would not go astray after that. Thereupon Umar said: Verily Allah's Messenger is deeply afflicted with pain. You have the Qur'an with you. The Book of Allah is sufficient for us. Those who were present in the house differed. Some of them said: Bring him (the writing material) so that Allah's Messenger may write a document for you and you would never go astray after him And some among them said what 'Umar had (already) said. When they indulged in nonsense and began to dispute in the presence of Allah's Messenger, he said: Get up (and go away) 'Ubaidullah said: Ibn Abbas used to say: There was a heavy loss, indeed a heavy loss, that, due to their dispute and noise. Allah's Messenger could not write (or dictate) the document for them.
Re: Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate by Explore2xmore: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
Muhammad pbuh often appointed people to write for him.By appointing scribes to write for him, the prophet pbuh exemplifies his leadership skills and foresight and appointed individuals, known as the "katibs" or scribes who were responsible for recording and transcribing Muhammad's pbuh speeches, revelations, and important correspondence.

The Prophet pbuh certainly appointed writers for this job who wrote them on his behalf. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi Vol. 13, p. 352).

...The Messenger of Allah said: Write `Muhammad the Messenger of Allah..... surely illustrates he is telling someone to write.

Asking that writing material be brought does not prove he himself was going to write. If your instructor says bring out your pen and writing books does it mean the instructor wants to write? Could it not be a premise to a dictation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed Or Jesus or African gods? / The Richest nigerian Pastors revealed / Is Prayer A Waste Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.