Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,769 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants (9307 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / Military Officers Given Ultimatum To Lose "Pot-bellies" (pic) - COAS / Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by asha80(m): 7:35am On Oct 13, 2011
Militants give northerners ultimatum to quit N’Delta
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
SAM OLUWALANA 13/10/2011 00:00:00

, say Boko Haram’s activities are anti-Jonathan

Militant groups in Niger Delta have ordered northerners domiciled in the region to leave within seven days. The group, under aegis of the Egbesu Mightier Fraternity of Izon, in a statement by the four commanders of the Joint Revolutionary Council, namely, Commander Okiki Kene, Gen. Okin Sele, Gen. Korumah and Gen. Abu Mic, said they were been compelled to issue the ultimatum by the bombing activities of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

The statement, titled ‘Leave our land now within seven days’, which was addressed to the Muslim community in the Niger Delta, reads: “We are compelled by the present Boko Haram merciless bombing in the country, without verifiable developmental agitation. “Even now, there are killings going on in the North. The continuous killings of Christians in the North are unbearable to us now. Boko Haram has been planting bombs around churches and other places with clusters of the innocent.

“Its wild excesses are essentially a reaction to the presidential ascendancy of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. If we are actually one Nigeria, why won’t we allow other geo-political zone to rule the country? “Saudi Arabia is the centre of Islamic faith, yet, there are no single killing of Christian faithful in that country. Why all these killing of innocent citizens in reaction to Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential victory? “With this trend, we can’t live together. Leave Niger Delta now.

Your failure to leave at the expiration of this letter, we’ll start to kill any muslim we see in the Niger Delta region. “No section of this country is an embodiment of killing others. Muslims can’t live in our land freely (Niger Delta), while Boko Haram will be killing our people in their land. This is our message, If you like stay and test our ultimatum and see what will happen.”

The group reiterated its bloody past and threatened to shed blood again, if compelled to do so by those who refused to heed its quit order. “We have tasted bloody war during the days of our agitation for equal rights. Members of Boko Haram live among you and pray in the same mosques. So, you can’t claim that you don’t know where they are. “The truth is that no dispensation will ever be good in Nigeria, except from Muslim North. The North is out to fight the President with the Islamic sect. Enough is enough with this sect.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/22702.html
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2011
Good. . .now when are the yorubas going to issue quit notice to ibos in SW too ?
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2011
seriously, they waited for too long! This will drive some sense into the thick skulled boko nama!
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Yeske2(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2011
Pure madness of some sort, is this going to stop the the senseless looting going on? God give my people wisdom to see beyond thier noses
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by DrummaBoy(m): 8:04am On Oct 13, 2011
And how does this lead to Nigeria progressing
Its not their fault, when GEJ remains clueless, people begin to say rubish
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by edogirl2: 8:36am On Oct 13, 2011
personally, I'd rather you militants got a proper job like most ordinary people and stop issuing silly threats each time you are short of cash.   

Northerners should stay put.
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by nku5: 8:45am On Oct 13, 2011
Everybody get mouth to talk after all its a democracy. I really wish fela was still alive
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by profatom: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2011
i believe that is also a well thought out plan, it may lead to success and also lead to civil war, everbody wil start 2 ask others to leave thier land
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 13, 2011
Now this is exactly what i want, The country would go into a state of chaos, and the military would use the opportunity to come into power, There would be a coup, And GEJ would be bounce. Military is better than Civilians in this country. For the Military, only 1person steals, The Military head of state.
As for the current disposition, Every1 steals, The senators, governors, president and his Vice, Local Govt, Like dat like dat,

[size=20pt]UP MILITARY!!!![/size]
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by TenKobo1: 10:04am On Oct 13, 2011
Some are hailing this as a brilliant move, God! when will you come down to wipe the gullible from this smelly world? When will Nigerians of both northern and southern extraction, truly understand what their real problems are and search for the true solutions
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 13, 2011
q
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by agog: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2011
what does this set to achieve? IMO can a wrong be corrected by another wrong?
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by badmrkt(m): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2011
shit!!!! this is something i'll never support,i'm a NIGER DELTAN,but i'll never support this shit
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by tellwisdom: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2011
A country where even a MAD man would stand up and say his mind #GoodOne embarassed embarassed
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by PointB: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2011
There are lot of rooms for miscalculation in this ultimatum; they should thread carefully as they are approaching a cross-road!
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by moderatorr: 10:26am On Oct 13, 2011
they waited too long.
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by splitnaija(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2011
So, because Boko Haram is killing innocent people in the north, innocent northerners who are living peacefully in the south/Niger Delta should be expelled or killed as well? That is rubbish thinking to me.

But I thought you Egbesu guys threatened to take the battle to the door step of Boko Haram in the north, why the sudden reversal in strategy? I hope you haven't forgotten in a hurry what OBJ did to your group at Odi? History could simply repeat itself. Afterall, OBJ is GEJ's number1 adviser.
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Kx: 10:27am On Oct 13, 2011
long overdue.
jungle killing, jungle justice
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by 9dynasty(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2011
Ijogz K:

Now this is exactly what i want, The country would go into a state of chaos, and the military would use the opportunity to come into power, There would be a coup, And GEJ would be bounce. Military is better than Civilians in this country. For the Military, only 1person steals, The Military head of state.
As for the current disposition, Every1 steals, The senators, governors, president and his Vice, Local Govt, Like dat like dat,

[size=20pt]UP MILITARY!!!![/size]
i dey feel you jare, lol
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by chakula: 10:41am On Oct 13, 2011
How bloody  could these Militants were, Couldn't let their Sibling to Judge based on what Constitutions constituted?
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by rekeson: 10:44am On Oct 13, 2011
chakula:

How bloody could these Militants were, Couldn't let their Sibling to Judge based on what Constitutions constituted?
hit the classroom dude
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by bisiaet: 10:44am On Oct 13, 2011
seriously, they waited for too long! This will drive some sense into the thick skulled boko nama!

Well, hhhhhmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 13, 2011
I love this! Long overdue!!!
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Ojukwu24(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2011
DrummaBoy:

And how does this lead to Nigeria progressing
Its not their fault, when GEJ remains clueless, people begin to say rubish

I am not and will never be in support in what the militants are planning to do. Yes it will not take us anywhere. But @DrummaBoy,so GEJ's cluelessnes is causing this? Please tell me how? Moreover,if u have a lot of clues, can u please give him small from yours? lol
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Kx: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2011
chakula:

How bloody  could these Militants were, Couldn't let their Sibling to Judge based on what Constitutions constituted?

oyibo bu agbara, e gbu go engris.
u dey quarrel with Queen of england?
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by slap1(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2011
Red account plus Xmas time, boys are not smiling. Unfortunately, the govt is yet to pay the minimum wage, so, I say, shelve this business idea till Easther.
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by AmAlone: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2011
Iron They Say Sharpen Iron.

But I don't think this is a good idea!
So what happens if every Northern state start doing this?

I guess there is more likely for there to be a "Naija War" o!
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Briareos(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2011
It seems they are serving 'stupidity' as part of Nigerian daily meal. How will anybody open his mouth and spew this kind of rubbish? And worse, the educated people ön here supporting him.

Two wrongs will always remain what it is: WRONGS!
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Dandas: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2011
I have been saying it and i will keep saying it,let this country be divided.We are deceiving ourselves"One Nigeria,One Nigeria. We re not one Nigeria.When Northerners will claim that they re d owner of Nigeria and will continue to rule.That all these are happening now is because Gej is president.If its a northerner,u cant hear of all these rubbish.In the history of Nigeria,its South South and South East that are least in producing heads of states,presidents or whatever you call it,this little opportunity that came the way of South South by GEJ being president is now causing a problem.Likewise when South East will be clamouring for president of Igbo extraction,they will say no that igbo man will not be president.If we are brothers(one Nigeria as we keep deceiving ourselves),why cant somebody from South South and South East be a president of the so called one Nigeria without the so called brothers in hypocrisy not protesting?,are they not part of the One Nigeria u guys are claiming?.Since we are brothers in hyprocrisy,its high time we divided this country.We are never one in anything,we are not one Nigeria and we can never be so.No thanks to Lord Luggard.
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Parisgoodman(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2011
excellent! a revolution is abt 2 begin, sombody wil b ousted like mubarak, poor man wil drive car like in libya now. if this is how change will come lets get it! we are tiredddddd
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2011
Honestly, Its high time The Retardeen cautions his fellow Fishermen. Cant he just tell them that he is on top of the situation undecided
Re: Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants by dagboss(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2011
This kind of ultimatum is uncalled for, these militants criminals think too much of themselves, i thought they have disarmed. I think those of you guys that used to praise militancy to high heavens, will now see why  a sensible person not drop his gun and join the amnesty programme that has turned some of the ex-militants to pilots, engineers etc. Supposing the Arewa gives an aultimatum to all Niger deltas residing in the north. Youall think that will bring your desired break up abi? buhheeehhee. Hear this Nigeria can not break up!!! This is how we will continue to ffumble and wobble till we get it right. But sha o i am afraid of 2015 because this Americans do not just open their mouth o,  may be one of the visiting UFO aliens told them grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jubrin's Allegations: EFCC, ICPC, Police May Clash Over Budget Padding Probe / Cabinet Reshuffle: 50 Ministers Not Enough For Nigeria –NSE / COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.