Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims (4245 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / Military Officers Given Ultimatum To Lose "Pot-bellies" (pic) - COAS / Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Ping411: 4:53am On Jun 28, 2013
The federal government on, on Thursday, gave Dana Airline six months to pay the claims of the families of the victims of the June 3, 2012 plane crash or face sanctions.

Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, gave the ultimatum at the 2013 Ministerial Platform in Abuja.

She said the airline had paid up to 60 per cent of the claims to the victims’ families but experienced a delay due to double claims that needed to be clarified.
“Dana has actually done very well in terms of compensating accident victims,” she said. “The challenge Dana has is that of multiple claims; the multiple claims made it difficult to ascertain who should collect. And until they are able to do that, they will not pay multiple claims and we will continue verifying and re-verifying to ascertain who should be the next of kin to claim the money but I know Dana has done up to 60 per cent.

However, Dana is given to December to pay all; if they fail to pay completely, we would have to sanction them. They are aware of that so I am sure they are accelerating the process.”

The aviation minister said the sector had put up some strategies to ensure that air accidents became things of the past in Nigeria.

She said the government was rendering additional assistance to families of victims of aircraft accident, adding that the approval of the Victim Family Insurance Package (VFAP) had been secured from the Nigerian Insurance Commission (NAICOM).

She said discussions were in progress between NCAA and Zenith Bank on the implementation of the VFAP, while family assistance centre would be established to take care of emergencies.

http://telegraphng.com/2013/06/fg-gives-dana-ultimatum-to-pay-families-of-crash-victims/
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by edu4all: 5:18am On Jun 28, 2013
Na me be dis... 1st to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Basilona(m): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2013
edu4all: Na me be dis... 1st to comment.

Guy if you don't have any meaninful thing to add here, go back to sleep.

By the way 2nd to comment jare

7 Likes

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by rozayx5(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2013
good
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Ezedon(m): 9:28am On Jun 28, 2013
please can someone tell me when they ll start paying and how much
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by vosquare: 9:28am On Jun 28, 2013
stupid ppl..y waitn 4 dana,y cnt u pay d moni??
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by vosquare: 9:28am On Jun 28, 2013
Basilona:

grin
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by vosquare: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare: stupid ppl..y waitn 4 dana,y cnt u pay d moni??

i said stupid nt silly angry
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by vosquare: 9:31am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare:

y u dey change wetn i dey write angry
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by free2ryhme: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2013
December is not far away ... We are waiting!!!
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by anishe(m): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2013
The Minister speaking with both sides of the mouth. If you know the reason for the delay, why give ultimatum again? What if the problem of double Claims has no been resolved by then?
Just asking.
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by tigerleggs(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare:

maybe you are silly. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by yuzedo: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2013
Basilona:

grin
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Pretyangel25(f): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2013
December is not far, i believe after december if the didnt meet up they will still give them another 6months. This is Nigeria
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Adex097: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2013
So many yaba lefters on nairaland *smh*
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Ebubemg(m): 10:25am On Jun 28, 2013
Ezedon: please can someone tell me when they ll start paying and how much
why

1 Like

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Nten: 10:38am On Jun 28, 2013
Basilona:

what hav u contributed?
@ op, its a welcome development, tho money cant bring back d dead. It would provide succour & reprieve to those who lost breadwinners to the illfated crash.
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by ayee123: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2013
Good move by FG.

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Nwoka(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2013
This is useless....Dana should have been banned for costing us our loved ones.... The Government doesnt love us!.... December is too far... make dana pay for their evil deeds!...... #ripdamilare
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Burger01(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2013
Ol boi, you 'crash' for the plane?
sad

2 Likes

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Burger01(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare:

grin

You mean stu.p.id or maybe stewpid

smiley
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Burger01(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare:

ol boi, you new for Nairaland? You be JJC?

sad
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by mckemsoc(m): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Discrimination is when victims of airline accident are compensated while those of land are left 2 mourn their dead without any form of compensation. angry angry angry

Like this post if you think road accident victims should also hav some compensation grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by supaeagles(m): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
chei, see bros de plan for yahoo yahoo operation oh!
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by bigjoseph2008y: 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
why are they saying double claim,dont dey have their own record ,what if the purpose of the ACCOUNTANT in their office.may be their staff the claim the money in the of the victim,let of tell our self the truth.
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by Dibiachukwu: 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
They should simply close down dana and confiscate their assets. And never allow any foreign company into Nigeria again!
Re: Dana Given Ultimatum To Pay Families Of Crash Victims by cycline404(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Basilona:

L0L

(1) (Reply)

Things You Don't Know About The National Flag / Thread For Buhari Supporters Who Have Been Disappointed / Breaking: Zahra Buhari Indimi Due To Have A Baby In Spain (see PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.