Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (15202 Views)

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids / Football Rules When We Were Kids / What Happens To The Used Kits Of Football Players After A Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Africa is our home. Childhood was fun.

333 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by JASONjnr(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
Good old days .......

Wondering what is fun about this very generation as almost all the kids talk about cartoons and gadgets.....

Very boring generation.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Zonefree(m): 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2023
Growing up was fun.

We dey play ball from morning till evening. I wonder wetin dey give us strength then.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

We dey play ball from morning till evening. I wonder wetin dey give us strength then.

Ah tell you. It was fun

SOURCE:
https://rptruth..com/2023/09/rules-of-football-when-we-were-kids.html?m=1

My blog is now active and running.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
JASONjnr:
Good old days .......

Wondering what is fun about this very generation as almost all the kids talk about cartoons and gadgets.....

Very boring generation.
Times change. They have what is fun to them.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by inoki247: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2023
Lol....

Na owner of Ball be king den...

4 Post....

Monkey Post..

1 touch....

Kolo or Toros.....

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by AntiChristian: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2023
Good old days!

Family values dey gidigba then!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by wunmi590(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by mrjoeblinks: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Ehen?
Omorh dem been no dey call us kids then o..na tartar we be

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by oluwaseyi0: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
those days of felele and health ball

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Elsudani2: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Helinues had a poor upbringing so I doubt I he understands

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Fairview1: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
True life story. Ajebotas can't relate.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by nairalanda1(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
three corners make one penalty

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by crossfm: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Hehehe.

The good old days of felele and even that strong robber ball grin.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Racoon(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2023
grin
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ThiefnubuBandit: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2023
On the mandate of the Gabonese military we stand!!! No shaking.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by adioolayi(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2023
Just one golden rule actually...

The owner of the ball dictates how it goes.

He must play, even if e no sabi..

If his set is beaten..he must be admitted into the new team that will come in..

If you injure am...football don end for that day
grin cheesy grin cheesy

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by wunmi590(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2023

The owner of the ball is the captain of the team he plays for, even if he doesn't know how to play...

Ah, gone are those days

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2023
Gone are the days of playful quality childhood football. For the records the ball in itself didn't have to be round, but round was preferred. ..Lol Discarded plastic containers, oranges and grapes, or anything that could be kicked around was a ball..

In Cameroon real balls fell into three categories, Mini, Super Tele and Size 5. Mini's were small soft latex balls that often developed a distorted shape, when left on the bare floor over night. On the field it was controlled by both the direction of the kick, and the wind. Lol Super Tele was an actual present day football size, but of same soft latex quality as Mini. Size 5 was durable, expensive and consistent with older kids.

The rules of the game depended on what game of football was involved. In Cameroon the were different kinds of football games. Nzorlor Beating, Dima Catch, Tombel, Knacking Bar etc. I will elaborate on the rules of Nzorlor Beating. The ball was kicked around by all with the end point being trying to force pass the ball in-between the legs of anyone.

If you were unfortunate enough to have the ball pass inbetween your legs, everyone would fall on you with beatings. You could only redeem yourself, by rushing off to touch the designated object, that had been unanimously decided as the redeemer before the game commenced..Lol

Please dont ask me about my experience with this game. One day while playing with bigger kids the ball passed in-between my legs and everyone fell on me, kicking, slapping with blood oozing out from my ears, eyes, mouth. 😭😭As I screamed loudly and struggled for freedom, to go touch the designated tree that should redeem me, I got up to realise it was a dream of the lovely, entertaining but scary Nzorlor Beating that a weakling like me could only play with kids far younger my age..😅😅😅

Dr Ayukebot O Rowland
Pharmacognosist
Flavell MEDICINA

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by blaquemyc: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2023
The owner of the all is the coach, captain, referee. Matter of fact, he's the alpha and Omega. Whatever he decides is law.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by milky3(f): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
cheesy cheesy grin
These were the Golden rules then...

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
On the mandate of the Gabonese military we stand!!! No shaking.

You might have developed a Psychiatric disorder after all

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Skyfornia(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
I remember one street we used to play ball as kids..one woman wey get shop there will not allow us to play cause she complained of dusts...what we usually do, is that we wet the playing ground with water after each set to reduce dusts..we also help her dust her shop at the end of the game.

No matter how gentle or obedient a boy-child is, he will always disobey you when you threaten or instruct him to stop playing football.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Maxwell202(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2023
[quote author=Kalatium post=125216558]Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

A😂

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by stano2(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2023
Once ball enter where e no suppose enter, na me Dey go pick am.
Omo the ball must continue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ImoleNaija: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2023

Owner go be like, "where this one come from?"

23 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by whytediamond(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2023
Monkey post that year grin na foot span we dey take measure post.

Nothing like over the bar. Na Over stone. grin

14 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Negroid001(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2023
Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

Especially inside hot 1:00 sun

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by YoungLionken(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2023
No referee, yet we have free kicks, penalties, hand foul, etc...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emenike Blasts NFF For ‘disrespecting’ Yobo’s Testimonial / Court Orders Arrest Of Pinnick, Other NFF Officials Over Fraud Allegations / Super Eagles Players Train In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.