Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (15250 Views)

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids / Photos Of Popular Footballers When They Were Kids / Football Rules When We Were Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Successlane: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2023
nairalanda1:
three corners make one penalty

..and 3 penalties make one goal

3 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Proudlyomonna: 11:17am On Aug 30, 2023
adioolayi:
Just one golden rule actually...

The owner of the ball dictates how it goes.

He must play, even if e no sabi..

If his set is beaten..he must be admitted into the new team that will come in..

If you injure am...football don end for that day
grin cheesy grin cheesy

Omo him go dey play rubbish we go still dey tolerate am dey pet am after all na him get ball grin

If You mark am too much,Him go cry se You don kill am oo,We fit rush enter field beat (take it easy enter your head)

Especially if rain dey fall,if You play the ball enter baba juwon house,Your own don be grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ABDamola(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:
Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Africa is our home. Childhood was fun.

16 and 18 broke my ribs
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by kennyz247(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2023
Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

We dey play ball from morning till evening. I wonder wetin dey give us strength then.

by broda even inside hot and blazing sun,we still dey play for more than 4hrs, at times ur foot will get burnt ,no body cares

what a sweet old days and generation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by IbileIfe: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Wow!
The Nostalgia is awesome.

This is a complete script to produce the film adaptation and FIFA will be excited about the movie.
I will get you direct contacts in FIFA, Ford Foundation and in Nigeria to sponsor the film production as a historical fiction on neigbourhood street soccer in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by BlessedOne259: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2023
If you miss the ball, don't miss the leg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Mummiesboy: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2023
No be small thing I swear during the time of pelepele ball
That was how I was booted out those days from the pitch because I wanted kicking the ball and I ended up kicking my opponent which happens to be the owner of the ball
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Proudlyomonna: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2023
Streett:
You see that number 7 rule ..

β€œ You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball”

That rule na the most important rule ever !!!

…You dare not flout that rule Cuz na Your lifeline to the next future games ahead if You really value Yourself

You no fit even mark am too much,even if him play you rough na to just chest am grin

Na that one deh pain me pass angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by 2pacarnate(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Nnaaa mehnnn

Aka na ala out,meaning if your hand touch ground while playing you are out.igbo boys can relate,😁😁😁😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Proudlyomonna: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2023
BlessedOne259:
If you miss the ball, don't miss the leg

Avoid the leg of who get ball,bcus if him vex carry ball comot you must produce ball come out oo undecided
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by phemmyfour: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

19. In a monkey post, if the ball is higher than the stone used for goal post, it's over the bar

20. Guessing the position of the "vab" (valve) correctly settles the argument about the first two teams to start the match

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by IPDGP: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2023
Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

We dey play ball from morning till evening. I wonder wetin dey give us strength then.

Good economy, we will surely meet food for house even though Dem go beat us like no tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by shantti(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2023
When one sustains an injury on his foot. The wound is filled with sand and the game continues.

Boys' games were football
Girls' games were itu square and ikpo oga
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by BlessedOne259: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Avoid the leg of who get ball,bcus if him vex carry ball comot you must produce ball come out oo undecided

Hahaha 🀣 So true
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Pootle: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2023
inoki247:
Lol....

Na owner of Ball be king den...

4 Post....

Monkey Post..

1 touch....

Kolo or Toros.....

for aj kolo beating was brutal....you need touch woman yansh to end the burutality grin

2 Likes

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by decub: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

Good old days.

The owner of the ball, the best footballers? Don't try to mess with them.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by CJStarz: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Imagine my lil man shouting 'Goku' upandanπŸ˜‚

JASONjnr:
Good old days .......

Wondering what is fun about this very generation as almost all the kids talk about cartoons and gadgets.....

Very boring generation.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by uptownemmygee(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The good old days of felele and even that strong robber ball grin.

Panke
Health (bladder) ball
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by absolutt: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
I miss those good old days. I long to have those memories again. Life was so much fun then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by uptownemmygee(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pootle:

for aj kolo beating was brutal....you need touch woman yansh to end the burutality grin

Or Nepa pole

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by CJStarz: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
We ate good food back then. Even if na fufu,we ate plenty, nobi d indomie and pizza of nowadays. Back then na real home made food we chop. No Chicken republic,Tantalizers, etcπŸ˜‚

Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Quebec91(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
cheesy
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by mastermaestro(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
Burst and pay. grin
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Scarrr: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
πŸ˜‚ I remember the day I carried my ball go play with some guys in another neighborhood, naso den dey select dia friends and all, I codedly dey one side dey look Dem with the ball on my laps, den no Kno na me get ball, as den finish like dis, Nahin I carry my ball put fr bag say byebye πŸ˜‚..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Larry37(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
In addition

1. We contribute our 1 or 5 naira to buy health ball.

2. Contribute money to participate in community football competitions during long vacation.

3. Break windows with the ball and run away.

4. When we see landlord coming game is over.... everyone runs Helter skelter.

5. When one Egbon will seize our ball and we beg and beg ......chai......

More coming oooo

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Doyin2(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
nairalanda1:
three corners make one penalty

I wonder why he omitted this very important rule cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Pootle: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
uptownemmygee:

Or Nepa pole

ur head dey there
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Day169: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
To start the game, you drop the ball and let it bounce 3ce, chanting 'O.. J.. O', signifying kick off! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by pharmagba: 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
Kalatium:

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

In my hood, it was only no 8 and no 14 , we didn't observe.

Come to think of it, how did those unwritten rules come to apply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade / Alexis Mac Allister Has Joined Liverpool FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.