Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (15251 Views)

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids / Photos Of Popular Footballers When They Were Kids / Football Rules When We Were Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by achimendy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
Cyoung4real:
Our greatest fear back then. We call it Ukwu ocha and it can be very painful but due to the sweetness of the match, you wonโ€™t want to stop playing but na after playing you go come hear am.

I no fit count how many times I get this injury for my toe nails. Despite the pain it's still sweet sha.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Halo22: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
Number 5 reminded of a boy called Ifechukwu, once he vex, forget it he would be going with his ball. Then number 16 reminded me of a man called Egede, if u kicked the ball into his compound, game would be over cos he would seize the ball. Those years were totally fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by opius: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
3 corner makes a penalty grin grin grin
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bakrabas: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
Zonefree:
Growing up was fun.

We dey play ball from morning till evening. I wonder wetin dey give us strength then.

I swear the strength is Just natural. No energy boosters, no aloma bitters, no alcohol nothing

I can play from 7am till 7pm

We don't fill hungry while playing especially when there's no set to enter

Now I don't think I can Play 90mins without holding my waist.

I really enjoy my kid age

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by MICVOCT(m): 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
nairalanda1:
three corners make one penalty

Smile...that's bad men
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by BennyDGreat: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
Scarrr:
๐Ÿ˜‚ I remember the day I carried my ball go play with some guys in another neighborhood, naso den dey select dia friends and all, I codedly dey one side dey look Dem with the ball on my laps, den no Kno na me get ball, as den finish like dis, Nahin I carry my ball put fr bag say byebye ๐Ÿ˜‚..

Lol
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Error401: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
Na me dey always choose last, more of the reason why I dont know how to play football till date

Kalatium:
Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Africa is our home. Childhood was fun.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by nizelgirl(f): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lol. I can relate, though as a girl I participated with my brothers and cousins then. I've always love ball. Today if I handle remote at home the first channel I always visit are sport channels. Hubby don kuku tire for my sport channels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Athemisia: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
inoki247:
Lol....

Na owner of Ball be king den...

4 Post....

Monkey Post..

1 touch....

Kolo or Toros.....
Also add these ones too...

Corner and pena.

Tip and score.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Athemisia: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2023
Error401:
Na me dey always choose last, more of the reason why I dont know how to play football till date

Na me dey always get the ball... Who I no like nor dey play...
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Athemisia: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
Halo22:
Number 5 reminded of a boy called Ifechukwu, once he vex, forget it he would be going with his ball. Then number 16 reminded me of a man called Egede, if u kicked the ball into his compound, game would be over cos he would seize the ball. Those years were totally fun.
Once broda Benji seize the ball forget it, he go cut am with knife throway am give us. We go then wear am like cap. But you wey kick the ball go na u go pay.

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Athemisia: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
opius:
3 corner makes a penalty grin grin grin
2 corner make one goal.

In monkey post, Handball results to back leg penalty with no keeper in post from the spot where it occurs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Athemisia: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
Cyoung4real:
Our greatest fear back then. We call it Ukwu ocha and it can be very painful but due to the sweetness of the match, you wonโ€™t want to stop playing but na after playing you go come hear am.
I got this a lot back then from playing football on concrete floors.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by babz11(m): 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
You forgot to add brothers from the same mother can't be in the same teamgrin grin grin

I remember we would play football at 12noon in the sun and we wouldn't get sick, them no born me well make I try am now....

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Freshfish4: 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
After school all of us go gather go the owner of the ball house to call am make we go play ball

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 12:38am On Aug 31, 2023
If the felele ball burst by hitting something sharp, in house vulganizers will get a knife, heat it in a naked flame and cut a piece of plastic ball and place it sideways on the red hot knife and once it starts to melt, will slide it onto the puncture and once it sticks, the ball will be tested for air tightness by submerging in water and then it is pumped for a small fee at a place where you can find a manual hand pump - usually at one babas place that rents out bicycles for a fee and if you are late in returning his bicycle, he will seize your shirt until you pay him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 12:40am On Aug 31, 2023
Athemisia:
back leg penalty with no keeper in post from the spot where it occurs.

That's called Foloun sole. Making God the security guard of your house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 12:49am On Aug 31, 2023
No wonder we did not put on weight. Imagine playing football at least 5 hours every week day and up to 10 hours on Saturday how you wan put on weight. Although we no dey chop meat like carnivores when we were younger and whatever food your parents provided was accepted with happiness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 12:57am On Aug 31, 2023
Proudlyomonna:
If You play the ball enter baba juwon house,Your own don be grin

As an adult now, I understand that Baba Ladi was just trying to protect his house windows from being broken by our ball hence he always sat in front of his house during our games ready to pounce and seize our ball and immediately give it a cesarean section with a knife once our ball strayed into his compound.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 1:01am On Aug 31, 2023
Zonefree:
We dey play ball from morning till evening.

We played football from dawn to dusk with short breaks for lunch. No wonder I occasionally got sleep paralysis from the extreme tiredness after a whole day of playing football.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 1:05am On Aug 31, 2023
There is always one house that has a very wild and aggressive dog that is always snarling his teeth at every passer by and if you accidentally kick your ball into that gated compound, then its game over as no one will risk trying to retrieve the ball and get bitten by the wild eyed dog which is always lurking under a car waiting to pounce on his next unsuspecting victim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ilekokonit: 1:11am On Aug 31, 2023
absolutt:
I miss those good old days. I long to have those memories again. Life was so much fun then.

There was a time in Nigeria, Lagos to be precise when armed robbers no too dey and the few thieves then only came to steal clothes hung out to dry on drying lines and then once spotted, they ran for their dear lives. Dem days no thief dey get gun except in the rare case of Oyenusi the grandfather of all Nigerian Robbers who was executed by firing squad at Lagos Bar Beach in public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ohis1802: 3:08am On Aug 31, 2023
inoki247:
Lol....
Street soccer with a lot of rules ๐Ÿ˜„โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Na owner of Ball be king den...

4 Post....

Monkey Post..

1 touch....

Kolo or Toros.....
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Ohis1802: 3:10am On Aug 31, 2023
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’ฏquote author=adioolayi post=125458435]Just one golden rule actually...

The owner of the ball dictates how it goes.

He must play, even if e no sabi..

If his set is beaten..he must be admitted into the new team that will come in..

If you injure am...football don end for that day
grin cheesy grin cheesy[/quote]
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Manofsteel2013(m): 7:26am On Aug 31, 2023
I can't stop laughing here cheesy
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by streetsoldier1(m): 7:27am On Aug 31, 2023
Kalatium:
Gone are the days when boys were real boys as I look back in nostalgia.

Below were rules of football when we were kids, damn it was fun

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2.The owner of the ball decides who plays .

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9.No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.There is always a house where if the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !! cheesy grin

17. To distinguish the teams, one of the teams take off their shirts .

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. grin

Africa is our home. Childhood was fun.

Three corner kick makes one penalty ( penarity)
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2023
Treasure17:

grin grin grin
God bless you op for this. Unwritten rules that must not be joke with.
Back then was fun grin
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2023
phemmyfour:
19. In a monkey post, if the ball is higher than the stone used for goal post, it's over the bar

20. Guessing the position of the "vab" (valve) correctly settles the argument about the first two teams to start the match

grin You get it
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2023
Ilekokonit:
There is always one house that has a very wild and aggressive dog that is always snarling his teeth at every passer by and if you accidentally kick your ball into that gated compound, then its game over as no one will risk trying to retrieve the ball and get bitten by the wild eyed dog which is always lurking under a car waiting to pounce on his next unsuspecting victim.

Those days, always a bulldog that all of us are afraid off. In the gate it is written that you should beware of dogs.

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Kalatium(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2023
agabaI23:
You're a legend
grin
Remembering it was just funny.
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Tundex911: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2023
Strong throwback lol

But number 6 gat me so much, immediately your parent know about the injury it's another beating o

TBT
Re: Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Error401: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2023
lol, i no dey buy ball cos I no sabi play, my parents no con rich join. Double wahala
Athemisia:

Na me dey always get the ball... Who I no like nor dey play...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade / Alexis Mac Allister Has Joined Liverpool FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.